How would you write Cooler into Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Sauza
Beyond Newbie

How would you write Cooler into Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Captain Sauza » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:38 pm

Assuming that Toriyama wanted to introduce Cooler into Dragon Ball Super as a throwback to one of his character designs and as a way to expand Freeza's story, how would you place Cooler into Dragon Ball Super and what would his role be?

I personally would remove Android 17's role in Super completely and replace him with Cooler in the tournament of power, having Freeza go to him reluctantly to have an ally in the tournament (I personally think it's trash that 17 is able to pet some animals and do sit ups on a mountain by himself and suddenly have the kind of power he's shown, which is why I'd write him out). I think Freeza and Cooler being the evil duo representing Universe 7 would be a nice contrast with Goku and Vegeta being the good pair, and add a good bit of tension to the mix as far as suspected betrayals and the like. I like Freeza's race, so having an extra member of his clan around during bits where Freeza is getting bodied and put into hiding for a few episodes would make those episodes more bearable, imo.
"We are Cooler's Armored Squadron!" *performs Sauza fighting pose*

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How would you write Cooler into Dragon Ball Super?

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:52 pm

I could see a Kale/Broly type homage. Maybe a Frieza race character with Frost joined the ToP and unlocked the power and the form.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:57 pm

Cooler would be with Sorbei in the RoF arc, going to resurrect his brother after facing the instability of what remains of the PTO for years. He joins Frieza's training and provides a good fight against the combined efforts of Gohan and the Z Fighters, not being quite on Frieza's level. The two start off as working rather well together when Goku and Vegeta show up, but the two's utter disdain for one another rears it's head and proves to be their undoing. Cooler survives, but humiliated and dismembered, as a nostalgic parallel we have a repeat of the 'Goku offers energy and a way out'. Unlike Frieza in that scenario, Cooler doesn't try to attack Goku and just leaves, spending the remainder of his days wallowing in the the consequence of his family's shared lust for vengeance.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:48 am

I don't think any of the old movies or their villains should be written into Super but I don't mind the call backs with certain designs so I'd like to see his 5th form be accessed by Frost instead of just giving him a golden form like Freeza.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Kanassa wrote:Cooler would be with Sorbei in the RoF arc, going to resurrect his brother after facing the instability of what remains of the PTO for years. He joins Frieza's training and provides a good fight against the combined efforts of Gohan and the Z Fighters, not being quite on Frieza's level. The two start off as working rather well together when Goku and Vegeta show up, but the two's utter disdain for one another rears it's head and proves to be their undoing. Cooler survives, but humiliated and dismembered, as a nostalgic parallel we have a repeat of the 'Goku offers energy and a way out'. Unlike Frieza in that scenario, Cooler doesn't try to attack Goku and just leaves, spending the remainder of his days wallowing in the the consequence of his family's shared lust for vengeance.

... I'm surprisingly ok with this.

Starscreacher

Post by Starscreacher » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Kanassa wrote:Cooler would be with Sorbei in the RoF arc, going to resurrect his brother after facing the instability of what remains of the PTO for years. He joins Frieza's training and provides a good fight against the combined efforts of Gohan and the Z Fighters, not being quite on Frieza's level. The two start off as working rather well together when Goku and Vegeta show up, but the two's utter disdain for one another rears it's head and proves to be their undoing. Cooler survives, but humiliated and dismembered, as a nostalgic parallel we have a repeat of the 'Goku offers energy and a way out'. Unlike Frieza in that scenario, Cooler doesn't try to attack Goku and just leaves, spending the remainder of his days wallowing in the the consequence of his family's shared lust for vengeance.
Does Cooler take Freeza's spot in the ToP?

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:19 pm

The Big Gete Star would be a fragment of a cyber planet from one of the other universes, possibly that mecha universe. Cooler would return as his consciousness has actually survived within the core of that planet and this way it was not possible to kill him off because he was never actually solely bound to Spaghetti Star. He could build himself an Android body then.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Starscreacher wrote:
Does Cooler take Freeza's spot in the ToP?
Possibly, with the intention of proving to himself one last time the brother who failed to lead the Empire. Or Goku goes to Cooler, asking that he go down to hell and convince Frieza to join the tournament. I just like the idea of the sole survivor of the Cold Family being forced the live with the results of what their obsessions have wrought them
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Would give the 5th form to Frost, he would show it in the TOP, his power would be somewhere around SSJ2 Goku.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Benedetto12 wrote:Would give the 5th form to Frost, he would show it in the TOP, his power would be somewhere around SSJ2 Goku.
SInce Kale became such a masive powerhouse by Super's standards, I would expect Frost having a similar 5th form like Cooler, becoming God tier.