So Super only has 3 eps left, do you expect a proper resolution?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

So Super only has 3 eps left, do you expect a proper resolution?

Post by precita » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:16 pm

Super ends with ep 131. In that time we need to see Goku beat Jiren (or not, or just the TOP end in time), and then them use the Super Dragonballs for a wish. Is there even enough time for all this in 3 episodes?

There's the case if every universe will be revived, if Android 17 will be revived, what happens with Freeza after the tournament, if the gang returns to Earth in the last episode. For some reason I get the feeling Super will end with the wish in front of the Dragon. Based on pacing I just don't think they have enough time for a proper resolution.

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: So Super only has 3 eps left, do you expect a proper resolution?

Post by Cetra » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:19 pm

"Super Shenlong! Revive anyone who died but let them live in our universe!"

And the last moments will be of the last chapter of vol. 42.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:43 am

In a perfect world, 129 will conclude Goku's fight against Jiren, 130 will wrap up all the remaining loose ends in the arc (universes possibly getting wished back, whatever happens with Frieza, etc.) and 131 will encompass the long-awaited rematch between Goku and Beerus as a grand finale to the series.

Of course, that's definitely nothing more than wishful thinking on my part. The fight between Goku and Jiren probably won't even conclude until 130, with 131 having to tie up everything else unaccounted for.
Last edited by Marlowe89 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:52 am

Due to time constraints, I can't see the final battle between Jiren and Goku lasting longer than halfway through 130 if they want to introduce Uub and EoZ in 131. The reality is that it's going to feel rushed and probably be a very unsatisfying end to most people.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:54 am

The only way they could have a proper resolution is that they are ending on a cliffhanger to continue after the movie

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:55 am

With there being breaks between the 2 main fighting episodes I think they'll be amazing and the last episode should be enough to close out the arc itself.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:01 am

Depends on how long ago they knew they only had 131 episodes to work with instead of 133.

With enough lead time they'll be fine, probably.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:27 am

What ever happens, I know we won't be satisfied :(

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:05 pm

They'll wrap things up quickly but having Goku beat Jiren and then have Freeza bum rush him and eliminate him winning the Tournament Of Power.

But real talk... Goku will win, Freeza will go back to "Hell" and all the erased universe will be brought back to life.

amuroray
Not-So-Newbie

Post by amuroray » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:06 pm

I dont expect anything from this show.

Envy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Envy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:56 pm

Geez. Really only three episodes left to resolve everything? I was hoping for something better for Freeza, but with that many episodes left and still so much to cover aside from Freeza, it's no doubt going to be a let-down.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:01 pm

No. This is the ending of the Zamasu arc all over again, with the difference being that the ending of the Zamasu arc at least was surprisingly unpredictable.

You can't tell the final battle between Jiren and Goku, Goku mastering Ultra Instinct, the outcome of Frieza's scheme, the wish of the winner, the ending of the arc and the ending of the entire series in just 3 episodes and expect it to not be rushed and awkward.

To be fair though, the sooner it ends, the better. I'm sick and tired of this monotonous Tournament. Oh wow! Goku was outmatched and cornered by Jiren, so he used the power of anger and friendship to unlock Ultra Instinct! I'm sure no one saw that coming!
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:01 pm

129. Ultimate UI vs Jiren. Freeza reappears and gets bodied again and is eliminated. 17 is revealed to have survived. Goku wins at the end of the episode.
130. Resolution. The universes are revived. Freeza goes back to Hell. Beerus goes back to sleep.
131. Timeskip to EOZ right before the tournament.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:09 pm

I think there will be a huge cliffhanger that will set up the story for the new movie, and in place of an NEP we'll get blurb telling us to look forward to a new movie and that the TV series will return next year.

Kogu 87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kogu 87 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:39 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:I think there will be a huge cliffhanger that will set up the story for the new movie, and in place of an NEP we'll get blurb telling us to look forward to a new movie and that the TV series will return next year.
I truly hope this is what happens..
"Oh dear...."

Dave2770

Post by Dave2770 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:30 am

What if jiren wins and wishes that all universes come back and that the events leading up to ToP never happened meaning goku never meets beerus, beerus doesnt have the super saiyan god dream, and basically zenos never are reminded about erasing the extra universes so therefore we get a 10 year timeskip to my most despised character, Uub, and the events from battle of gods and onwards would have never happened or been remembered by goku and friends. Essentially Jirens wish would somehow make sure goku and beerus never met

that would retcon the fuk out of super itself however it would give dbz the best ending that never made no sense. We can tell at the end of Z from context that this goku has for sure never heard of beerurs or jiren so there might be a wish that ensures DB super is essentially a time period that occured but was undone. this would make GT pretty much 100R anime canin

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:15 am

I would be VERY surprised if the Goku vs Jiren fight only lasts one episode. I fully expect it to go into 130 and end there. 131 will probably include the wish and finale, which I suspect will not show the EOZ. And if they do, it’ll be for like 2 minutes.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:43 am

I have the feeling Goku is going to die in the end.

People do remember when Beerus has that nightmare about Goku dying?
It might just come true.

And that will be the end of DBS