Goku Black and Jiren

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

chickensguys
Not-So-Newbie

Goku Black and Jiren

Post by chickensguys » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:37 am

So I have been wondering about this for a while. When Goku Black took over the universes in the future he presumable defeated all the Gods of destruction by killing the Kias. But surely someone like Jiren would have been involved at some level, right?

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: Goku Black and Jiren

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:46 am

chickensguys wrote:So I have been wondering about this for a while. When Goku Black took over the universes in the future he presumable defeated all the Gods of destruction by killing the Kias. But surely someone like Jiren would have been involved at some level, right?
jiren doesn't hang out with the kai, he was probably by himself training somewhere when it happened

chickensguys
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chickensguys » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:51 am

ToshioWrites wrote:
chickensguys wrote:So I have been wondering about this for a while. When Goku Black took over the universes in the future he presumable defeated all the Gods of destruction by killing the Kias. But surely someone like Jiren would have been involved at some level, right?
jiren doesn't hang out with the kai, he was probably by himself training somewhere when it happened
So Goku Black's existence was based on killing all mortals so it would sort of be his problem.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:54 am

I've been curious about this for a good while now. In chapter twenty, Gokū Black essentially asks Future Zamas, who'd just finished checking all of the other parallel worlds, if there were any appreciable threats to their Zero Mortals Plan, to which Future Zamas replies that the other parallel worlds were nothing compared to the one Black came from, after which he adds that, before long, all mortals will be wiped out from all parallel worlds. This tells me two things: 1. The only timeline in which their plan succeeded was Future Trunks' timeline (since only Trunks and Mai remained) and 2. None of the other timelines, for whatever reason, still have (or perhaps ever had) the likes of Gokū, Hit, Jiren, etc.

The issue, as you mentioned, is what Black and Future Zamas did about the few mortals comparable to Gokū. I feel like knowledge of Jiren would have completely changed the Zero Mortals Plan, what with Black's desire for more and more power, as he might even have gone as far as to desire Jiren's power for himself; I believe that either Black and Future Zamas simply didn't check the other parallel worlds well enough and somehow missed the likes of Hit, Top, and Jiren, or the likes of Jiren somehow simply don't exist in Future Trunks' timeline. I don't really have a suggestion as to how they'd miss Jiren or how Jiren wouldn't exist, but that's really all I can think of at the present moment.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:09 am

Every timeline is different, right? Trunks' timeline had a lot of differences from the regular timeline, so maybe there is no Jiren in that timeline or something? I dunno, none of this timeline shit in the FT arc makes any sense to begin with.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:39 am

There isn't much Jiren could have done against Future Zamasu, him being immortal and all. Provided the two of them do their recon and go in with a plan, they could potentially deal with him should he become an issue.

It does raise a horrifying what-if story though, which is what if Zamasu had learned about Jiren before Goku? He was furious that Goku was a mortal that was close to the level of gods, but Jiren had surpassed a God of Destruction. What if we got Jiren Black? Good luck against that, Trunks.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 am

Jiren would have reduced Goku Black to cinders almost immediately. Zamasu's immortality is the most pressing issue but one that couldn't be dealt with using the same principle that saw Kid Buu get wiped out. Both of them would have needed to steer clear of Universe 11 as well since it's got three different beings that could pose a threat to their agenda, maybe four if you think Dyspo could handle himself against them.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:52 am

Kataphrut wrote:There isn't much Jiren could have done against Future Zamasu, him being immortal and all. Provided the two of them do their recon and go in with a plan, they could potentially deal with him should he become an issue.

It does raise a horrifying what-if story though, which is what if Zamasu had learned about Jiren before Goku? He was furious that Goku was a mortal that was close to the level of gods, but Jiren had surpassed a God of Destruction. What if we got Jiren Black? Good luck against that, Trunks.
Lionel wrote:Jiren would have reduced Goku Black to cinders almost immediately. Zamasu's immortality is the most pressing issue but one that couldn't be dealt with using the same principle that saw Kid Buu get wiped out. Both of them would have needed to steer clear of Universe 11 as well since it's got three different beings that could pose a threat to their agenda, maybe four if you think Dyspo could handle himself against them.
https://m.imgur.com/NwmQs5q

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:07 am

Lionel wrote:Jiren would have reduced Goku Black to cinders almost immediately. Zamasu's immortality is the most pressing issue but one that couldn't be dealt with using the same principle that saw Kid Buu get wiped out. Both of them would have needed to steer clear of Universe 11 as well since it's got three different beings that could pose a threat to their agenda, maybe four if you think Dyspo could handle himself against them.
Do we know if Jiren lived in that alternative future's timeline? Maybe he wasn't as powerful or died in a battle prior to Goku Black's arrival.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:11 am

Goku Black and Zamasu are Supreme Kais, they had the ability to instantly teleport between worlds and universes (Kai Kai), no place was outside of their reach. They could have killed the weak and inferior Khai in an instant and got away with it pretty easily.

It is interesting how both Goku Black and Fused Zamasu state that the Zero-Mortals Plan will be completed once Earth has been purified by the Earthling trash, as if Earth were the last planet left defiant against their divine justice (and this would mean that all other planets, even Universe 11, have fallen to Zamasu's ire).

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:35 am

Pride Troopers weren't created at that time, so we're not supposed to think about it. There's no other logical explanation.

Jiren and Toppo would wreck them easily. Black didn't even have Rose and Zamasu only had immortality going for him, but I'm sure U11 could seal him.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:27 am

Black and Zamasu never came in contact with the Pride Troopers, I don't know why it's so hard to understand for most people. They just teleported to the Kai's planet, murdered them and moved on to the next universe. Not that difficult. Jiren and Toppo likely don't even know that the Gods are dead. Even if Jiren knew, why would he give a shit? Maybe Toppo knew about it since he was an apprentice for the God position, but even so, what the hell can he do? Black and Zamasu are nowhere to be found in U11 since it likely took them 5 minutes to do their thing
Get Fucked, C_unt

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:37 pm

Keep in mind they attacked years in the future. Maybe Jiren had died of natural causes or something.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

chickensguys
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chickensguys » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:07 pm

So even if we say Jiren didn't exist it doesn't actually solve the problem because we know that the other universes not in the current tournament are supposedly even stronger. So while it is possible Goku Black killed the Kias and left it would be incredibly unlike considering the relationships between the Gods, Angels and the Mortals.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:15 pm

chickensguys wrote:So even if we say Jiren didn't exist it doesn't actually solve the problem because we know that the other universes not in the current tournament are supposedly even stronger. So while it is possible Goku Black killed the Kias and left it would be incredibly unlike considering the relationships between the Gods, Angels and the Mortals.
It's not that hard
1) Black and Zamas teleport to Kai's planet
2) Black and Zamasu kill the Kai
3) God of Deatruction dies
4) Black and Zamasu disappear
5) Nobody knows what the fuck hit them
Tell me, even if someone knew, what could possibly do? The Angels are the only ones who can travel to other universe and they likely won't bother to do it
Get Fucked, C_unt

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
chickensguys wrote:So even if we say Jiren didn't exist it doesn't actually solve the problem because we know that the other universes not in the current tournament are supposedly even stronger. So while it is possible Goku Black killed the Kias and left it would be incredibly unlike considering the relationships between the Gods, Angels and the Mortals.
It's not that hard
1) Black and Zamas teleport to Kai's planet
2) Black and Zamasu kill the Kai
3) God of Deatruction dies
4) Black and Zamasu disappear
5) Nobody knows what the fuck hit them
Tell me, even if someone knew, what could possibly do? The Angels are the only ones who can travel to other universe and they likely won't bother to do it
Well, the angels of those universes, once their GoDs are killed, go "inactive" (whatever that means). So they wouldn't be able to help either.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:48 pm

Well it’s easy, jiren wasn’t though of by the author yet. Of course they wouldn’t do anything the strongest mortal in the multiverse, so thinking of a logical explanation is probably not the best thing to do. Of course the alternate time line works well, but is just head canon

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:13 pm

As people already said here, there are some differences between the timelines, like Future Bulma liking to use the name "Goku Black", while present Bulma find it lame.

In the other timelines, maybe Jiren was defeated alongside his teacher by the "evil-doer" many years/decades ago. Also... by year 780 in present timeline, Zeno wants to destroy all universes because of their low level...

what do you think it happened in the other timelines for Zeno not have destructed it all yet? All of these situations are not plotholes at all and for now, we can only guess.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:25 pm

Kanious wrote:As people already said here, there are some differences between the timelines, like Future Bulma liking to use the name "Goku Black", while present Bulma find it lame.

In the other timelines, maybe Jiren was defeated alongside his teacher by the "evil-doer" many years/decades ago. Also... by year 780 in present timeline, Zeno wants to destroy all universes because of their low level...

what do you think it happened in the other timelines for Zeno not have destructed it all yet? All of these situations are not plotholes at all and for now, we can only guess.
The problem with this notion is that, up to a certain point, timelines are the same. For example, the "main" timeline and Trunks' timeline are the same up to the point at which Trunks arrives from the future. Their entire histories up to the point are one and the same and it's only at that point they deviate and become separate stories. This would mean that, if something happened to Jiren to neutralize him in Trunks' timeline, it had to have taken place after the point at which Freeza and Cold attacked Earth, as he's just fine in the "main" timeline.

Additionally, the idea of erasing universes came about when both Zen-chan were playing universal chess, suggesting that the lone Future Zen-chan of Trunks' timeline never had the notion to erase any of the twelve remaining universes.

(Edit: I misread your statement as "what do you think happened in the other timelines when Zeno destructed it all yet". My mistake.)

I do agree, however, that these oddities are not plot holes and that some explanation exists, whether we officially receive it or not.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:02 pm

I do always wonder if Goku Black came across Jiren when he went on his rampage in the other Univserves. I can't say they did because if Goku Black ran into Jiren, then Jiren would've annihilated Goku Black easily
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16