Predicting The End of Dragon Ball Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Predicting The End of Dragon Ball Super

Post by shadowmaria » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:14 am

So I figured as we enter the final month of Dragon Ball Super's current Japanese airing, I thought what might be nice to do is try and predict how exactly the series will end, and see who has the most correct prediction come March 25th!

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Re: Predicting The End of Dragon Ball Super

Post by Lek » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:19 am

Alright, this seems like a fun topic :D

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:09 pm

Might have gotten a little carried away but I like what I came up with...

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:24 pm

I made a thread about mine but I'll drop it here.
[spoiler]I've been pondering about the end of Super a lot recently, and I came up with my own Theory/Opinion on how the ToP should wrap up. First I want to discuss Freeza and his inclusion in the Tournament. I don't see any reason why they would bother bringing Freeza back a second time in super unless, he will get wished back, or is Permanently Erased. Sending him back to Hell at this point is pointless to me. He's shown himself to be unremorseful and unwilling to repent, the threat of him being resurrected by a zealot again will forever be a looming threat in the series. I don't think Freeza will be erased cause of his popularity as a character, if he was to go out permanently they should save it for something more spectacular which I will get into later.

So, on to who will be the winner of ToP. I do think there will most likely have to be double elimination for this to work.Initially, I had a theory that UI Goku would lose to Jiren, leaving only Freeza in the ring for U7. The last few seconds of the tournament would have Freeza getting wailed on mercilessly by Jiren, he'll fight his hardest to stay in the ring. The time limit will end it in a tie leaving the Zeno's and the grand priest to choose a winner. It's still possible that they could look at Freeza's determination and the overall performance of U7 team(17's sacrifice) and give the wish to them instead, but that's up in the air. Either way, Freeza will be the winner of ToP because there would be no reason to have him around this long or bring him back at all If he didn't. I feel like my original way for Freeza to win would give him some redemption in the eyes of his U7 companions, the viewers and most importantly Beerus. Another positive would be Goku not winning for once, this would throw a wrench in the Goku always wins formula. Goku losing to Jiren would give him more motivation to train harder and hone his UI.

So on to what Freeza's wish will be. Number one, I don't think the erased universes will have to be wished back. The grand priest will bring them all back, explaining that he only made the stakes so high to get the best performance out of the fighters. He may make an ominous threat that next time it will be permanent to get the universes motivated to train harder. Back to Freeza, I know a lot of people are saying Freeza would wish for himself to be stronger than the angels and Zeno, I don't think he would be stupid enough to attempt something like that in front of Zeno. If he did that would be grounds for erasure, and it probably won't even work, because I'm sure someone like Zamasu/Black would have tried it. I think even if he tried he wouldn't be able to wish himself god tier until he was alive first, so his only option is to wish himself back. Beerus will take notice of Freeza's ability to control Hakai energy, plus his performance in the tournament and take him on as an apprentice. This way he can stay alive and still have at least the promise of being next in line for God of destruction. Freeza is not like Vegeta or Piccolo, he can't go to earth and be a goody-two-shoes or even a friendly rival. He's not happy unless he has power and control, the possibility of becoming a Hakaioshin is the upper crust for a mortal. Let's be real, Freeza out of all the known characters in U7 would be the best fit for God of destruction. I think that's where we will end off will Freeza at the end of the ToP arc. I do think we will get at least one more Arc of super after the hiatus which I will go into next.[/spoiler]

Goku1000

Post by Goku1000 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:32 pm

I don't think much is going to happen now since only 3 more episodes are left... but I would I have liked if the grand priest and all angels somehow became evil and Goku and jiren would have to work together. That would have been my ideal plot for an ending.
By the way, if you are looking the BEST and most AFFORDABLE Dragonball Merchandise
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND --> Dragonballstar.com

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:19 pm

This is the general prediction I've had on my mind concerning Frieza:

[spoiler]Frieza is the last fighter to remain standing as Goku and Jiren both lose in a stalemate. As promised, he gets to make a wish using the Super Dragon Balls. To everyone's surprise, the wish is to revive all the universes that perished during the ToP. Frieza's reasoning here is that there's no point in ruling over all these universes if there are only a few of them remaining. He plans to overthrow the gods one day, and this is only the first step.

Back on Earth, Goku fulfills his end of the bargain and revives Frieza using the Dragon Balls. As everyone prepares to fight Frieza, Frieza admits that he's no match for Goku and Vegeta the way they are now -- he promises to return to Earth in the future to exact his revenge after he becomes strong enough to defeat them, and then departs from the planet. Goku is likewise excited to fight him again one day.[/spoiler]

And a small prediction concerning Jiren:

[spoiler]Although I don't think he'll win, the wish he'd planned to make was to revive his lost comrades.[/spoiler]

It'll be interesting to see what actually happens though.