Can Black use Goku's normal SSJ forms?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Regular

Can Black use Goku's normal SSJ forms?

Post by AvatarReiko » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:04 am

Goku Black's form confuse me. I have always been under the impression that rose was simple Goku's blue form but Kaioshin god ki hence the colour change. Is that right? In theory, black should also have access to level 1, 2 and 3. In the manga, i think he does use normal ssj2 at somw point

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Can Black use Goku's normal SSJ forms?

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:18 am

AvatarReiko wrote:Goku Black's form confuse me. I have always been under the impression that rose was simple Goku's blue form but Kaioshin god ki hence the colour change. Is that right? In theory, black should also have access to level 1, 2 and 3. In the manga, i think he does use normal ssj2 at somw point
Yep, he has access to the other Super Saiyan forms in the manga, and they do in fact clarify that Rose is a God form.

In the anime, Rose is pretty much confirmed to just be Black's Super Saiyan form.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:09 am

Super Saiyan Rosè is when a natural-born God reaches a level above Super Saiyan God. Zamasu has the ki of a true God, so when he surpassed Super Saiyan God, he turned Super Saiyan Rosé. Obviously, being Goku's body, Black could potentially unlock each of Goku's transformations and techniques. And in the manga, before he unlocked Rosé, he did turn Super Saiyan.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:59 am

In the manga he can and he used ssj2 the first time he fought Vegeta.

In the anime ss rose is his super saiyan form instead of his ssgss form

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:13 am

Black would've looked dope when he went SSJ3 (And no, I'm not talking about SSJ Rosé 3). And besides, Toriyama himself said that Black can go SSJ Gold and Rosé. So yeah, he can. The real question is, can he go Super Saiyan God, if not his own version of it? :think:
Caulifla best girl! :)

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:23 pm

In the Manga - Yes, the forms look a little different but at still the ones Goku's always used.

In the anime - Rather then going Super Saiyan, Black's aura just seems to go darker and more god ki like. Possible this was an unforeseen alteration caused by Zamasu's soul much like his super zankai.