The winner of the Super Dragon Balls is the Last Man Standing, I was right

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

The winner of the Super Dragon Balls is the Last Man Standing, I was right

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:18 am

I've seen tons of people say that the winner of the ToP is gonna be the most outstanding fighter, and not the last man standing. I find that quite stupid to be honest, since it would mean that at this point neither Jiren or Frieza have a chance to win the SDB : Goku has been eliminating people left and right from the start while Jiren has been sitting on his ass, if these are the rules he's guaranteed to win the wish. The last man standing beign the winner makes the most sense because imagine a situation like this: Jiren eliminated both Goku and Frieza, U7 then gets erased right? But if the most outstanding fighter should get the SDB, what are they gonna do now? Goku clearly performer better in the ToP as a whole, so he should get them by default, but he's erased. What now? They go Jiren I'm guessing, the LAST MAN STANDING. So it's obviously that the winner is gonna be the last one remaining. The rules beign different than this would mean that [spoiler]The ending of Frieza possibly eliminating Jiren would be Useless as well since there's no way he's been a better fighter than Goku or Jiren in the entire tournament.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Vegeta_Sama on Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Get Fucked, C_unt

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Re: Winner of the Super Dragon Balls misconcesptions

Post by darzap » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:24 am

It would a misconception if you knew it to be false, but you simply argue why you do not consider it sensible. They could just as well go with the most outstanding fighter that has not been erased. The rules would have permitted for multiple universes to survive till the end, meaning somebody from a losing universe could be awarded a wish before his universe gets erased. They could revive the best fighter had he been erased. The best fighter could have been an eliminated fighter from a universe that still won.

You rule out a hypothesis based on your argument that it's stupid, but Dragon Ball has done stupid stuff before. As a matter of fact, though, the idea of the best fighter not being necessarily the last surviving fighter is not a misconception but merely a hypothesis that you do not consider plausible but others might disagree. The truth will only be known next Sunday.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:32 am

darzap wrote:It would a misconception if you knew it to be false, but you simply argue why you do not consider it sensible. They could just as well go with the most outstanding fighter that has not been erased. The rules would have permitted for multiple universes to survive till the end, meaning somebody from a losing universe could be awarded a wish before his universe gets erased. They could revive the best fighter had he been erased. The best fighter could have been an eliminated fighter from a universe that still won.

You rule out a hypothesis based on your argument that it's stupid, but Dragon Ball has done stupid stuff before. As a matter of fact, though, the idea of the best fighter not being necessarily the last surviving fighter is not a misconception but merely a hypothesis that you do not consider plausible but others might disagree. The truth will only be known next Sunday.
I guess we'll see.
EDIT: About your first point, the rules don't permit for multiple universe to be there when the last surviving guy knocks everyone off, and since he's the only one left, other universes get immediately erased due to not having more fighters in the arena.
Last edited by Vegeta_Sama on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get Fucked, C_unt

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:38 am

Regardless of how you personally feel about it, the fact is that the grand priest explicitly stated, the wish goes to the most outstanding fighter

You dont have to like it. But you can't call that the "misconception" when thats what has actualy been stated. The only misconception is your headcanon.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:50 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Regardless of how you personally feel about it, the fact is that the grand priest explicitly stated, the wish goes to the most outstanding fighter

You dont have to like it. But you can't call that the "misconception" when thats what has actualy been stated. The only misconception is your headcanon.

So the most outstanding fighter doesn't have to be the last man standing?
Interesting.

If that would be the case the wish for the winning universe could be made by either Goku, Vegeta or 17 (if their universe wins that is.)

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Winner of the Super Dragon Balls: Best fighter, or Last Man Standing?

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:47 am

Remember, this call is being made by the Omni Kings, they're not the most analytical pair. At the moment they seem to be incredibly biased toward Goku, but also love Jiren because he's stronk. So the winner of the SBDs might be nothing more complicated than which one of the two favourites wins.

You know what I reckon the ending will be? Freeza beats Jiren with a surprise attack then starts demanding the wish from Zeno since he's the last man standing. But the Zenos are like "Nuh uh, you're just a big meanie." Then they erase Freeza on the spot and declare Goku the winner, since he's the "best" (read; their favourite) on the surviving team.

One thing's for certain, elimination count won't be a factor since the show hasn't been tracking that. We know Goku and Vegeta have the most eliminations while Jiren has fuck all, but it's never been made a point.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:10 am

I feel as if

[spoiler]The "best fighter" will win but not in terms of best fighting style or most powerful. I feel as if the most eliminations will get the wish and Vegeta having eliminated the most people, including Toppo. Will unexpectedly claim the wish and wish back Universe 6(that's all that needs to be wished back honestly, the other universes are useless and full of annoying side characters *cough* Ribrianne *cough*). Or it is quite possible that the Super Dragon Balls can grant more than one wish and both U7 and U11 get a wish.[/spoiler]

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:01 pm

The best fighter seems to be already dead (C17), so it should be the last man standing.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:33 pm

ernesth100 wrote:I feel as if

[spoiler]The "best fighter" will win but not in terms of best fighting style or most powerful. I feel as if the most eliminations will get the wish and Vegeta having eliminated the most people, including Toppo. Will unexpectedly claim the wish and wish back Universe 6(that's all that needs to be wished back honestly, the other universes are useless and full of annoying side characters *cough* Ribrianne *cough*). Or it is quite possible that the Super Dragon Balls can grant more than one wish and both U7 and U11 get a wish.[/spoiler]
Goku has the most eliminations, but yeah Veggie has Toppo under his belt.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:42 pm

The best fighter(s), going by eliminations, would be Goku and Vegeta. So there's every chance that even if Goku loses against Jiren and is ringed out, he (and Vegeta) could still win the Tournament Of Power by virtue of their performance.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:13 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:The best fighter(s), going by eliminations, would be Goku and Vegeta. So there's every chance that even if Goku loses against Jiren and is ringed out, he (and Vegeta) could still win the Tournament Of Power by virtue of their performance.
And that's stupid because no matter what Jiren does now, he's doomed.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:The best fighter(s), going by eliminations, would be Goku and Vegeta. So there's every chance that even if Goku loses against Jiren and is ringed out, he (and Vegeta) could still win the Tournament Of Power by virtue of their performance.
He should have eliminated more fighters. But he didn't give a fuck. He was just looking for strong fighters and let the rest of the Pride Troopers do the heavy lifting, until they failed to deliver.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Freeza getting the SDB isn't some nonsensical proposition. He has 11 eliminations which is 3rd in the tournament and if he is the one to take out jiren, he will have the biggest notch on his belt. Now those two dumb kids are friends with goku so they might just give it to him but i could see the GP suggesting Freeza get it

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:13 pm

It'd be pretty odd seeing Jiren defeat everyone, yet since Vegeta has the most eliminations in the tournament (either him or Goku, forgot which has more) him being cast as the best fighter, let's him take the wish. It'd be good though as it'd give a bit of karma to Jiren for being an idiot the entire tournament by not doing anything except watch his team get eliminated and sandbag people he could've beat with one punch.

But what if let's say my man Hit had the most eliminations and was the best fighter, but his universe was eliminated, would Zeno and GP bring him back for erasure to get a wish or just whoever is the best of the rest that is currently in the tournament? It seems like a really odd rule to have and kinda makes the point of a battle royale seem not as important.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Logania wrote:It'd be pretty odd seeing Jiren defeat everyone, yet since Vegeta has the most eliminations in the tournament (either him or Goku, forgot which has more) him being cast as the best fighter, let's him take the wish. It'd be good though as it'd give a bit of karma to Jiren for being an idiot the entire tournament by not doing anything except watch his team get eliminated and sandbag people he could've beat with one punch.

But what if let's say my man Hit had the most eliminations and was the best fighter, but his universe was eliminated, would Zeno and GP bring him back for erasure to get a wish or just whoever is the best of the rest that is currently in the tournament? It seems like a really odd rule to have and kinda makes the point of a battle royale seem not as important.
Exactly. That's why I think that when they said "most oustanding fighter" they didn't mean the one with the most eliminations, but most likely the one who manages to survive. It wouldn't make sense otherwise cause Jiren would be fighting for nothing right now since he sat on his ass for the entire tournament.
Get Fucked, C_unt

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:41 pm

ernesth100 wrote:I feel as if

Actually putting personal fandom for myself aside for Universe 2 and Ribrianne, whoever is the person that gets to make the Wish and we find out they do have the power to wish everyone back but choose only to wish Back a limited amount then that would be horrendous!

It will darken the series beyond words and those characters would have a hard time calling themselves heroes or good people anymore no matter which side makes the wish.

If the wish is limited and can only bring back a limited amount, then we will cross that bridge when we get their, but there is no other choice but to bring everyone if that is in the wishes power to keep everyone who is making it still good and to be considered heroes.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:44 pm

It's obviously going to be the last man standing. It can't be the best fighter. If Jiren wins, U7 is immediately erased. Are Goku and Vegeta gonna get the wish then? No, Jiren does. The only alternative is it going to someone else on the last man standing's team.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:47 pm

It's last man standing.If theres still multiple people left (Jiren and Freeza) then it would go to the best fighter.

at least that was my interpretation.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Doctor. wrote:It's obviously going to be the last man standing. It can't be the best fighter. If Jiren wins, U7 is immediately erased. Are Goku and Vegeta gonna get the wish then? No, Jiren does. The only alternative is it going to someone else on the last man standing's team.
Got to agree, Zen-Oh erases universes on the spot when they lose. Taking Frieza out the equation, If Goku loses he and his universe will get erased right then and there. So how is he gonna get his wish if he's dead?

Also what qualifies as the best fighter? The strongest, the most ring outs or the guy with the best game plan that insured he was last one standing on the ring when the dust settled? Also lets say for speculation sake that Frieza wins, why should Goku get the wish when it was Frieza who insured his universes victory due to his better stratagem and or luck? While he's messed up a bit in the last few fights, Frieza has by far done the most to keep his team and himself in the running. Goku was the big gun of the team but what good would he be if Frieza had not helped him when he did?

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:50 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Doctor. wrote:It's obviously going to be the last man standing. It can't be the best fighter. If Jiren wins, U7 is immediately erased. Are Goku and Vegeta gonna get the wish then? No, Jiren does. The only alternative is it going to someone else on the last man standing's team.
Got to agree, Zen-Oh erases universes on the spot when they lose. Taking Frieza out the equation, If Goku loses he and his universe will get erased right then and there. So how is he gonna get his wish if he's dead?

Also what qualifies as the best fighter? The strongest, the most ring outs or the guy with the best game plan that insured he was last one standing on the ring when the dust settled? Also lets say for speculation sake that Frieza wins, why should Goku get the wish when it was Frieza who insured his universes victory due to his better stratagem and or luck? While he's messed up a bit in the last few fights, Frieza has by far done the most to keep his team and himself in the running. Goku was the big gun of the team but what good would he be if Frieza had not helped him when he did?
Dbzfan94 wrote:It's last man standing.If theres still multiple people left (Jiren and Freeza) then it would go to the best fighter.

at least that was my interpretation.
Logania wrote:It'd be pretty odd seeing Jiren defeat everyone, yet since Vegeta has the most eliminations in the tournament (either him or Goku, forgot which has more) him being cast as the best fighter, let's him take the wish. It'd be good though as it'd give a bit of karma to Jiren for being an idiot the entire tournament by not doing anything except watch his team get eliminated and sandbag people he could've beat with one punch.

To make things more simple.

If Frieza wins, he's not getting the wish. Especially if he eliminates Jiren because of the damage Goku already dealt to Jiren. Nothing about that would constitute "most outstanding fighter"

All you need to know is Frieza likely isn't getting the wish.

IF Goku wins, then Goku 110% gets the wish since he had the most eliminations PLUS ringed out Jiren

Goku has been THE MVP other then 17

If Goku beats Jiren and wins, then he WILL have completed Vegeta's promises for him

I can imagine something like Goku passing his wish off to Vegeta like how Vegeta passed off his trust to Goku...a hero noble thing for Goku to do...But I think ultimately Goku and Vegeta will decide the wish together

Also I have to agree with Lord Beerus here
Lord Beerus wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
He should have eliminated more fighters. But he didn't give a fuck. He was just looking for strong fighters and let the rest of the Pride Troopers do the heavy lifting, until they failed to deliver.
If Jiren really wanted the wish then he would've fought harder THROUGH out the tournament

The grand priest said form the very beginning that the wish would go to the most outstanding fighter

Jiren's arrogance will have cost him again

All though IF Jiren some how won, I think they could excuse it with "But Jiren eliminated Vegeta and Goku - the 2 strongest in the tournament"...I really hope Jiren nor Frieza win