Ideas for post-Super arcs

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dnavenom
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Ideas for post-Super arcs

Post by dnavenom » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:33 pm

I wanted to share my version for the ending and what would come after that. I follow the line of mortals standing up to the gods. First let me remind you of some things.

1. Beerus woke up and went on a rampage trough the universe. His motives for destroying a civilization was food. I guess we all know that bad taste is not a reason for a whole world to be eliminated. So Beerus in a way is a villain.
2. The 6 vs 7 tournament. The top mortal fighters, fought for the entertainment of the gods. Goku and Hit decided not to follow the whims of the gods, so they both lost as a sign of protest. They didn`t much like the role of puppets.
3. Zamasu arc. The immortal god that wanted to obliterate all mortals. We have the same gods vs mortals idea.
4. The omni king, the ultimate villain. Destroying whole universes on a whim. Probably the most destructive villain of all. He killed more people than all the villains combined.

I believe for Super to end well. This gods VS mortals struggle, must have some development. In other words, the mortals must find a way to battle the gods and stop their oppression. Maybe Yamoshi and Zarama can help in the mortal rebellion against the gods. Yamoshi probably as the fist mortal to reach god level if he is alive still. If not than Goku, Jiren, Hit and the rest must find another way.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:14 am

Grimlock wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:I will take the non-canon quote from a non-canon game with a grain of salt.
I think you mean "for a franchise that does not have a canon" somewhere in that.
At least SOMEONE gets it.

The content creators have NOT been shy about the fact that they view all licensed Dragon Ball media ever produced as equally valid. Toei actively mixes Super and GT stuff together in timeline exhibitions. They included anime and manga stuff together on a 30th-anniversary website.

Canon isn't what the fans say. It's what the license holders say is canon. And everything they've ever said points to their view being "it all counts, no matter whether it contradicts or not."

If the actual people who produce the series clearly don't give a shit, why do fans feel the need to do so? Not everything needs to be neat and orderly.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:43 am

Sailor Haumea wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:I will take the non-canon quote from a non-canon game with a grain of salt.
I think you mean "for a franchise that does not have a canon" somewhere in that.
At least SOMEONE gets it.

The content creators have NOT been shy about the fact that they view all licensed Dragon Ball media ever produced as equally valid. Toei actively mixes Super and GT stuff together in timeline exhibitions. They included anime and manga stuff together on a 30th-anniversary website.

Canon isn't what the fans say. It's what the license holders say is canon. And everything they've ever said points to their view being "it all counts, no matter whether it contradicts or not."

If the actual people who produce the series clearly don't give a shit, why do fans feel the need to do so? Not everything needs to be neat and orderly.
Indeed, so far what we have gotten is "foggy" at best. They try to acknowledge some stuff but also do try to not step on anybody's toes. But in the end they do what they want and can bring in whatever they want. No matter what it is. And that is how creative powers of fiction should always operate because anything else is too limiting. Fans should just accept that "I spend money, I am a fan so I can decide", "It sucks, I like it, I dislike it", "Toriyama had 12.4523% more involvement" , "its not in the manga so it is not cannnnen" or "it doesn't make any sense in this ficitonal world where I keep my eye closed to the entire rest I want to accept" are no rules for defining canonicity.

When even Tadayoshi Yamamuro and his colleagues at Entrevista in 2015 laughed about a fan question pretty much saying "but fans think GT is not a part because ..." we can be more than sure that they are not just aware of the fans thinking such things but that they know how preposterous those made-up rules are as well as that they have their own thoughts about all of that. That he called GT a continuation of characteristics of a spin-off show for me personally is enough. No "not part of the main thing" crap. When I dislike something I just stop spending time with it.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:25 am

dnavenom wrote:I wanted to share my version for the ending and what would come after that. I follow the line of mortals standing up to the gods. First let me remind you of some things.

1. Beerus woke up and went on a rampage trough the universe. His motives for destroying a civilization was food. I guess we all know that bad taste is not a reason for a whole world to be eliminated. So Beerus in a way is a villain.
2. The 6 vs 7 tournament. The top mortal fighters, fought for the entertainment of the gods. Goku and Hit decided not to follow the whims of the gods, so they both lost as a sign of protest. They didn`t much like the role of puppets.
3. Zamasu arc. The immortal god that wanted to obliterate all mortals. We have the same gods vs mortals idea.
4. The omni king, the ultimate villain. Destroying whole universes on a whim. Probably the most destructive villain of all. He killed more people than all the villains combined.

I believe for Super to end well. This gods VS mortals struggle, must have some development. In other words, the mortals must find a way to battle the gods and stop their oppression. Maybe Yamoshi and Zarama can help in the mortal rebellion against the gods. Yamoshi probably as the fist mortal to reach god level if he is alive still. If not than Goku, Jiren, Hit and the rest must find another way.
A mortal rebellion is the perfect way to pit Goku and co. against the strongest Gods. I can't see any other way why Goku would fight Daishinkan or any other Angel in a death match, considering how neutral they have shown to be.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:27 am

Onibaku wrote:Another ToP? Jesus, just no.

I would like for Goten and Kid Trunks to take the lead in the next arcs. Of course Goku and Vegeta would still be present, but this time taking a teacher figure for both of them to make them stronger.

Maybe a tournament of Power of the weakest mortals as in no contestants with God like powers? That way Yamacha can participate.

dnavenom
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dnavenom » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:09 pm

emperior wrote:
dnavenom wrote:I wanted to share my version for the ending and what would come after that. I follow the line of mortals standing up to the gods. First let me remind you of some things.

A mortal rebellion is the perfect way to pit Goku and co. against the strongest Gods. I can't see any other way why Goku would fight Daishinkan or any other Angel in a death match, considering how neutral they have shown to be.
Yes they can make it pretty deep as a story. Like explaining the creation of the universes. Maybe the angels created the universes, but were unable to pass impartial judgment. So they decided to create the omni-king. A pure creature invested with unparalleled power, who will pass judgment to universes, god and if there is the need angels. But as pure as baby he might be, sometimes children are capable of immense cruelty, unable to process what they are doing. And destroying a whole universe sure is pretty cruel. I`m sure if they get some good writers on board to help with this, we can watch a great movie in December.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:23 pm

dnavenom wrote:
emperior wrote:

Yes they can make it pretty deep as a story. Like explaining the creation of the universes. Maybe the angels created the universes, but were unable to pass impartial judgment. So they decided to create the omni-king. A pure creature invested with unparalleled power, who will pass judgment to universes, god and if there is the need angels. But as pure as baby he might be, sometimes children are capable of immense cruelty, unable to process what they are doing. And destroying a whole universe sure is pretty cruel. I`m sure if they get some good writers on board to help with this, we can watch a great movie in December.
I think that they would save that for a tv show arc not a movie.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:44 pm

-Yamoshi Arc (Tie-In with movie but not a remake of the movie)
-Sadal Arc: Goku and Vegeta's family's visit Sadal as a vacation
-Dark Angel Arc: The Angels of the 6 Destroyed Universes (6 of 18 universes were destroyed, I don't know if it's an anime thing but it's something I'd like to see happen) come back and recruit some of the angels, GoD's and even get the Grand Priest to join a revolt against Zeno and we find out that the Zeno's have a weakness and could end up dying but Goku and co. decides to help the Zeno's out. Whis is the only Angel who decides to help the Zeno's. It explains why no Gods or Angels show up at the End of Z and why Goku doesn't use his God powers and explains why Frieza is gone. Basically the Infinity War of Dragon Ball.