Who else loves Goku's animalistic ROARS of ferocity when in Omen and MUI ?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Who else loves Goku's animalistic ROARS of ferocity when in Omen and MUI ?

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:39 am

I was watching a video about this from Geekdom and it got me thinking about how much I love Goku's explosive roars of pure energy and ferocity while in Omen or in MUI. I want to see how you guys feel about it: ) Leave your thoughts (and even about MUI)

Goku's roar is such an awesome touch IMO

The big roar here from Goku was so epic. This will forever be an iconic scene in Dragon Ball IMO
Btw, I haven't seen may talk about this. When Goku roared there and created a mini galaxy, I feel it was a visual representation of all the heat and or energy Goku had been building up.

Notice how before Goku teleports to behind Jiren, that mini galaxy of energy gets sucked right back into Goku. That was how much energy Goku built up, and what truly completed his MUI transformation.

I loved everything about Goku's roars, and how his MUI transformation was handled and built up to.

Goku was continually being pushed past his limits, while the more Goku remained in his 3rd awakened state of Omen, the more Goku kept improving. The more and more Goku entered into a flow state and total zen state of mind. The more Goku kept letting out ferious primal roars building more and more heat and energy from within himself, until it all came to a boiling point (as Goku was on the verge of being eliminated again) where the water couldn't boil anymore - and Goku, like a volcano, just finally erupted into his glorious MUI transformation. It was all so brilliant.

I hope we get more ROARS from MUI Goku in episodes 130 and 131: )

I feel that the roars of Omen and MUI Goku, have almost become it's own recognizable thing

Let's hear Son Goku roar his way to victory over Jiren baby! Roar Goku roar ! The legend of Son Goku rise

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Re: Who else loves Goku's animalistic ROARS of ferocity when in Omen and MUI ?

Post by Lek » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:13 am

To be honest, I wouldn't have noticed the roar at all, if it wouldn't have been pointed out to me on the forums here.
It's suddle enough to not be overly blatant, while still bestowing a lot of weight and importance upon the moment. On a rewatch I could clearly make it out and found it to be an interesting choice for reflecting the primeval and instinctual rawness of this newfound power. I'd definitely be interested in reading what lead to the use of the roars at some point.
Last edited by Lek on Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:22 am

Goku in UI reminds me of how he was when he first went ssj on Namek and Ssj3. Serious Goku is arguably the best character in DB and I wish Super gave us more of him like that.

In terms of the roars, it'd be interesting if they're not from Goku but someone else doing them through him like what happened in YuYu Hakusho when Yusukai was controlled for a bit while fighting Sensui.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:33 am

Sheesh, you take cheerleading to a whole new level. Seriously, little dude we get it, Goku's epic but my God enough with your never ending persistent praising of Goku. I'm a Goku fanboy myself but not to the extent of sucking his dick 24/7 (no offence). In other words calm down. And yeah the the roar was epic. Please take heed to what I said and again sorry, if I offended you. Good day or night whatever suits you best. :D :) :D

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:34 am

sintzu wrote:Goku in UI reminds me of how he was when he first went ssj on Namek and Ssj3. Serious Goku is arguably the best character in DB and I wish Super gave us more of him like that.

In terms of the roars, it'd be interesting if they're not from Goku but someone else doing them through him like what happened in YuYu Hakusho when Yusukai was controlled for a bit while fighting Sensui.
Reminds me of the fan theory that Yamoshi possesses Goku lol

ps Can you guys see the gif in the OP?
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:54 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
sintzu wrote:Goku in UI reminds me of how he was when he first went ssj on Namek and Ssj3. Serious Goku is arguably the best character in DB and I wish Super gave us more of him like that.

Reminds me of the fan theory that Yamoshi possesses Goku

Logically speaking, I believe the Theory to be false due to the fact that the roar has always been used as trope for a new transformation in dragon ball. So the Ozaru roar ain't special to just Goku, it has been used before (Example: gohans transition to Ssj2). This blows the theory out of the water. although, I could see Yamoshi somehow being Goku's Long lost ancestor.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:14 am

Khandom101 wrote:Sheesh, you take cheerleading to a whole new level. Seriously, little dude we get it, Goku's epic but my God enough with your never ending persistent praising of Goku. I'm a Goku fanboy myself but not to the extent of sucking his dick 24/7 (no offence). In other words calm down. And yeah the the roar was epic. Please take heed to what I said and again sorry, if I offended you. Good day or night whatever suits you best. :D :) :D
Adding "no offence" doesn't make something like that any less obnoxious.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:26 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Yes.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:32 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Khandom101 wrote:Sheesh, you take cheerleading to a whole new level. Seriously, little dude we get it, Goku's epic but my God enough with your never ending persistent praising of Goku. I'm a Goku fanboy myself but not to the extent of sucking his dick 24/7 (no offence). In other words calm down. And yeah the the roar was epic. Please take heed to what I said and again sorry, if I offended you. Good day or night whatever suits you best. :D :) :D
Adding "no offence" doesn't make something like that any less obnoxious.
Well, I guess your probably right. As they say "emotion clouds one's judgement". Anyway thanks, I will keep that in mind.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 pm

In Xenoverse 2, Ultra Instinct Goku kind of keeps the second vocal pitch behind him when he's talking, kind of like Fused Zamasu. I hope they keep that idea in the anime, because it's pretty sick.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Goku's echoing yells are very much a throwback to the way in which his voice had the roar of a Great Ape behind it when he yelled during critical power-up moments in the original Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, specifically against Piccolo Daimao, when he turned Super Saiyan against Freeza, and when he turned Super Saiyan 3 against Majin Buu.

For the longest while up until now, this echoing roar behind his screams has been absent.

I'm glad to see it return.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:41 pm

I first found it a bit out of place, but it's a nice nod to SSJ1 for the first time.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:20 pm

I loved them in the previous works, so I'm glad they're back. However, I wish they'd go the full Mile and incorporate them for every SS transformation as they did back then. Also hopefully, other dubs are able to incorporate them as well. As far as I remember, there weren't any dubs of DB, DBZ, or DBGT that had them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
In what universe did you think this was alright to say on hear? :eh: Especially the part I bolded. That's not cool.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:53 pm

I find it interesting considering this is the only transformation that has nothing to do with the saiyan lore, yet it's the only one that gets an Oozaru-esque roar.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:59 am

Bansho64 wrote:I loved them in the previous works, so I'm glad they're back. However, I wish they'd go the full Mile and incorporate them for every SS transformation as they did back then. Also hopefully, other dubs are able to incorporate them as well. As far as I remember, there weren't any dubs of DB, DBZ, or DBGT that had them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
In what universe did you think this was alright to say on hear? :eh: Especially the part I bolded. That's not cool.
It technically is alright to say on here. It's also rather accurate :wink:

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Saturnine wrote: It technically is alright to say on here. It's also rather accurate :wink:
It is in no way is that alright to say to someone on here, technically or not. It literally says in the forum rules not to harass anyone and to be polite. It's just rude.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
Saturnine wrote: It technically is alright to say on here. It's also rather accurate :wink:
It is in no way is that alright to say to someone on here, technically or not. It literally says in the forum rules not to harass anyone and to be polite. It's just rude.
Why is everybody turning into sensitive b*****s nowdays
Get Fucked, C_unt

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote: Why is everybody turning into sensitive b*****s nowdays
Why is it necessary for someone to be rude to prove a point? Your asking a question that doesn't apply here, if at all.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Why is everybody turning into sensitive b*****s nowdays
Why is it necessary for someone to be rude to prove a point?
That's just how some people are. For them, that may not even be that rude. I know tons of people who swear and talk loudly, and think that it's normal, because it's their natural way of behaving
Get Fucked, C_unt

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:27 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote: That's just how some people are. For them, that may not even be that rude. I know tons of people who swear and talk loudly, and think that it's normal, because it's their natural way of behaving
Good for them. I swear myself from time to time, but that above post I called out was just plain uncalled for and antagonistic for no reason, something that's against the forum rules.