How Jiren can lose (spoilers)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

How Jiren can lose (spoilers)

Post by Amir » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:30 pm

I might sound like fanboy, but I think it would be cool if Hit's vital strike from ep111 would start having an effect on Jiren in the last fight with Frieza, and that would even the play field. Of course I'd like an explanation for the timing and reasoning of the sudden effect. I can come up with several ones that could make sense.

I think it would make sense since Frieza is no match for FP Jiren and also as a tribute to remind us how great Hit was, he didn't get enough screen time and love, in my opinion.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: How Jiren can lose (spoilers)

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Amir wrote:I might sound like fanboy, but I think it would be cool if Hit's vital strike from ep111 would start having an effect on Jiren in the last fight with Frieza, and that would even the play field. Of course I'd like an explanation for the timing and reasoning of the sudden effect. I can come up with several ones that could make sense.

I think it would make sense since Frieza is no match for FP Jiren and also as a tribute to remind us how great Hit was, he didn't get enough screen time and love, in my opinion.

I Don't think jiren will be at FP or even close to it. He will probably be totally spent or close to it after the fight with goku and Frieza will take advantage of that

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:46 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
Amir wrote:I might sound like fanboy, but I think it would be cool if Hit's vital strike from ep111 would start having an effect on Jiren in the last fight with Frieza, and that would even the play field. Of course I'd like an explanation for the timing and reasoning of the sudden effect. I can come up with several ones that could make sense.

I Don't think jiren will be at FP or even close to it. He will probably be totally spent or close to it after the fight with goku and Frieza will take advantage of that
Yeah that's also a possibility I had over looked. I still think it's not going to hapoen and that Jiren and and Goku will have an even fight until Goku runs out of time again, so Jiren might not be that weakened after the fight.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:28 pm

I actually think Hit's impact is gonna be even bigger than that: he's gonna finally come out of his pocket dimension with 17 and they both take Jiren out (with the help of Frieza of course)
:lol:
Get Fucked, C_unt

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:37 pm

Frieza will probably use the death beam to catch Jiren off-guard (similar to what 17 did) and then knock him over. I don't think they will actually fight, it'll be more like when Frost eliminated Krilin.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:52 pm

Now i'm thinking that he will lose by Goku, #17 and Freeza working as a team. Jiren hates friendship, apparently hates teamwork and fights only for himself... to be defeated by 3 characters that are on the same side helping each other... would humiliate him and be a good final, at least for me..

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:20 pm

Kanious wrote:Now i'm thinking that he will lose by Goku, #17 and Freeza working as a team. Jiren hates friendship, apparently hates teamwork and fights only for himself... to be defeated by 3 characters that are on the same side helping each other... would humiliate him and be a good final, at least for me..
It would be funny that Goku teamworks with Freeza and 17, I mean it´s the first time they fight together

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:36 pm

I still think we still have to see that "Genkidama-esque" attack from Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku.

Would be strange to see it in-game, but not in the anime.

He may obtain the UI form again, while C17 & Frieza keep Jiren at bay, than strike down Jiren with the bomb.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Kanious wrote:Now i'm thinking that he will lose by Goku, #17 and Freeza working as a team. Jiren hates friendship, apparently hates teamwork and fights only for himself... to be defeated by 3 characters that are on the same side helping each other... would humiliate him and be a good final, at least for me..
I don't know how much more Goku can do at this point so I think Freeza and 17 will just hold Jiren off till time runs out.
thegamer23 wrote:I still think we still have to see that "Genkidama-esque" attack from Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku.
Someone pointed out that it's actually an attack Black has in the manga.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AcYsb9GJKc

At 0:53. Yep, looks pretty similar.

But the fact that Goku Mastered UI has that move as finishing move, may suggest that we'll see it in #131. Or not, who knows!