Goku's exact wins-loss/defeats ratio in Dragon Ball Z and Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Goku's exact wins-loss/defeats ratio in Dragon Ball Z and Super

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:28 am

I'm getting tired of all of these discussions such as: "Goku ALWAYS WINS!1!1''; " Goku not winning is predictable!" and so on. So I decided to make a proper count of Goku's win-lose ratio starting from Dragon Ball Z and arriving to Super. I'm not gonna count movies or filler or GT since they're 1)not canon and 2) The endings of those movies are all the same : Goku WINS through some sort of miracolous powerup etc... Exect for the Bojack one. I'm just gonna count his canon battles. I'm also not gonna count Dragon Ball because Goku's strengh is basically used for comedic effect , and it only started to get serious towards the end. And a lot of battles in DB were not even serious/competitive fights. I'm also not counting sparring since it's just training, and Goku obviously holds back whenever he spars with one of his friends.

Dragon Ball Z

Saiyan Saga
1)Goku and Piccolo vs. Raditz Got killed by Piccolo along with Raditz, so it's neither a total win or total defeat for Goku

2)Goku vs. Nappa WON

3)Goku vs. Vegeta LOST. He survived only thanks to Gohan and Krillin

So Goku had a win, a defeat, and a half-win-half-defeat in this arc. He lost the main final fight against Vegeta, and he would have died if it wasn't for the help of Krillin and Gohan. His win-defeat ratio is 1:1. He was certainly impressive on this arc, but not enough to have a postitve ratio, or to win the most important fight of the arc without help.

Frieza Saga
1)Goku vs. Recoome WON

2)Goku vs. Burter and Jeice WON (since he knocked Burter out, and made Jeice retreat, I think it counts)

3)Goku vs. Capitan Ginyu LOST: even though he's far ahead Ginyu, his carelesness got him to litterally lose control of his body. And when he got it back, he was knocked out/unable to continue fighting. So it counts as a lost battle.

4)Goku vs. Frieza WON

Goku has been FAR more impressive in this arc. His performance was incredible. He actually managed to defeat almost all of his opponents, but his carelesness kept him from having a perfect streak. At least he won the big final climactic fight, so it's nothing to complain about. His win-loss ratio is now 4:2

Androids/Cell Saga
1)Goku vs. Android 19 LOST due to heart desease

2)Goku vs. Cell LOST: he himself admitted that he couldn't have win even if he tried his best

3)Goku vs. Cell J.r. LOST: he would have been completely defeated without Gohan SS2's intervention

This is the most underwhealming arc for Goku. He sits on his ass for most of it (either becasue of his heart virus, ir because he wants Gohan to unleash his power)
He lost to enemies that he could have easily defeated (Android 19) and one he could have at least pushed back (Cell J.r). He forfaited his fight with Cell, admitting that he couldn't have defeated him even if he wanted to. He didn't even win a single fight, he wasn't part of the climactic end fight (even though he was there for the Father-Son kamehameha, that win goes to Gohan). His wins-defeats ratio is now 4:5, so it's starting to get negative.

Buu Saga
1)Goku vs. Yakon WON

2)Goku vs. Majin Vegeta LOST: even though he could have easily won, he chose to lose this fight, but a loss is still loss

3)Goku vs. Fat Buu DRAW: the 2 of them couldn't finish the fight

4)Goku and Vegeta vs. Super Buu INTERRUPTED by Fusion

5)Goku vs. Kid Buu WON: even though it took the Spirit Bomb to defeat him, it still counts as a win for Goku

This arc made up for his lost fights a bit. Even though he chose to not defeat two opponente he could have easily took out (Vegeta and Buu), he made up for it with 2 wins (Yakon and Buu) that even out his win-loss ratio, which is now 5:5

All things considered DBZ kept things even with Goku, by nit making stomp and win too much, and at the same time not making him look like a loser.

Dragon Ball Super

Battle of Gods Saga
1)Goku vs. Beerus LOST: completely stomped

2)Goku vs. Beerus rematch LOST, but he was a bit closer this time at least...

Pretty disappointing but fair, Beerus is a GOD after all. His win-loss ratio is now sadly 5:7. Yikes, back in negative again. Wonder if they're gonna fix it next arc.

Resurrection of F Saga
1)Goku vs. Frieza LOST.. Again his carelessness got the best of him... Yes, he later killed Frieza, but I wouldn't count it as a win, it was more of a deus ex machina. He lost the fight to Frieza.

Disappointing. But whatever, at least Vegeta hit his time ti shi... Oh wait. No he didn't. Anyway, his win/defeats ratio is now even more terrible: 5:8. Fuck, I though Goku always wins.

Universe 6 Saga
1)Goku vs. Botamo WON

2)Goku vs. Frost LOST: even though Frost cheated, the match was still lost by Goku, since he was unconcious by the end of it.

3)Goku vs Hit LOST; just like against Cell he forfeited , but this this time he probably could have defeated Hit. Well, by Tournament rules the match was still lost.

This arc has been kinda better, but not really, since the only fight he managed to win is against Botamo (and it was terrible drawn and animated). I can forgive his loss against Frost, nothing major. His fight with Hit was impressive but he chose to throw it away. T'ha ratio is really not that different: 6:10. Still negative. And he yet again did nit win the final major climactic battle. That's a shame. But we got the Monaka gag, and honestly that's enough for me to be happy.

Future Trunks Saga
1)Goku vs. Goku Black DRAW (btw, he could have easily defeated him then and there, butche chose not to...
Again)

2)Goku vs. Zamasu WON

3)Goku, Vegeta and Trunks vs. Goku Black and Future Zamasu LOST: they got absolutely stomped

4)Goku, Vegeta and Trunks vs. Goku Black and Future Zamasu (rematch) LOST: since they went back in the main timeline leaving Trunks behind to cover them

5)Goku vs. Future Zamasu NO CLEAR RESULT: he stomped him, but... He didn't defeat him. He's immortal

6)Goku and Vegeta vs. Goku Black INTERRUPTED because of the fusion of the Zamasus after the mafuba

7)Goku, Vegeta and Trunks vs. Merged Zamasu NO CLEAR RESULT: Goku managed to stun him, but again,
he's immortal

All this arc has done for Goku is stacking up defeat after defeat. He still impressivly managed to cause problems to Merged Zamasu, but couldn't finish him off for good. His win-loss ratio is now 7:12. Pretty pathetic for a main character, don't you think?
Just because I'm good hearted, I'll include the filler arc between F.T. arc and the ToP. Technically, they're not even filler, because as we know Super isn't based off a manga.
"Filler" fights
1)Goku vs. Beerus (Monaka costume) INTERRUPTED

2)Goku vs Copy-Vegeta WON: come on, I'm generous, I'll at least give him this one (even though he won thanks to Monaka)

3)Goku vs. Arale FIGHT NOT RESOLVED

4)Goku vs. Hit (rematch) DRAW

Goddam, this man can't even win filler fights now. The ratio is 8:12. Still shitty. Whatever.

I've decided that I'll update it with the ToP arc once it's over. The nature of that arc is obviously gonna give Goku a bunch if wins, but most of them are fodder wins, since half the community doesn't even remember the names of those who aren't U7-U6-U11. Now, dear people who always say " Goku winning is predictable" take a look at this, and tell me how you can't say that Goku gets no major wins in anything that isn't movies/filler.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Goku's exact wins-loss/defeats ratio in Dragon Ball Z and Super

Post by Amir » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:38 am

He beat Frieza in ROF though. You don't count his kill and the fact hw actually beat Frieza yet you count Sorbet one shotting him from behind as a win for Frieza? Seems highly unfair and wrong.

Yes, Goku did lose the important fights in Super but he always gave them an incredible fight before finally going down, he had the most screen time too so it's fair.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:43 am

I would just like to say that in the anime if Goku hadn’t dropped out vs Hit , he was probably going to lose. But otherwise yeah you are right, Goku fails more than he succeeds especially vs main antagonists .

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:44 am

Amir wrote: He beat Frieza in ROF though. You don't count his kill and the fact hw actually beat Frieza yet you count Sorbet one shotting him from behind as a win for Frieza? Seems highly unfair and wrong.
It's not like it's gonna make the situation much better. 8:13 is still a shitty ratio. And, Sorbet's ring thing is not comparable to Whis rewinding time after Frieza won. And, Goku stole that kill from Vegeta. Their fight was already over, and it resulted in Goku losing. One kamehameha is not considered a fight
Amir wrote: Yes, Goku did lose the important fights in Super but he always gave them an incredible fight before finally going down, he had the most screen time too so it's fair.
I actually mentioned that.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:I'm getting tired of all of these discussions such as: "Goku ALWAYS WINS!1!1''; " Goku not winning is predictable!" and so on. So I decided to make a proper count of Goku's win-lose ratio starting from Dragon Ball Z and arriving to Super. I'm not gonna count movies or filler or GT since they're 1)not canon and 2) The endings of those movies are all the same : Goku WINS through some sort of miracolous powerup etc... Exect for the Bojack one. I'm just gonna count his canon battles. I'm also not gonna count Dragon Ball because Goku's strengh is basically used for comedic effect , and it only started to get serious towards the end. And a lot of battles in DB were not even serious/competitive fights. I'm also not counting sparring since it's just training, and Goku obviously holds back whenever he spars with one of his friends.

Dragon Ball Z

Saiyan Saga
1)Goku and Piccolo vs. Raditz Got killed by Piccolo along with Raditz, so it's neither a total win or total defeat for Goku

2)Goku vs. Nappa WON

So Goku had a win, a defeat, and a half-win-half-defeat in this arc. He lost the main final fight against Vegeta, and he would have died if it wasn't for the help of Krillin and Gohan. His win-defeat ratio is 1:1. He was certainly impressive on this arc, but not enough to have a postitve ratio, or to win the most important fight of the arc without help.

Frieza Saga
1)Goku vs. Recoome WON

2)Goku vs. Burter and Jeice WON (since he knocked Burter out, and made Jeice retreat, I think it counts)

3)Goku vs. Capitan Ginyu LOST: even though he's far ahead Ginyu, his carelesness got him to litterally lose control of his body. And when he got it back, he was knocked out/unable to continue fighting. So it counts as a lost battle.

4)Goku vs. Frieza WON

Goku has been FAR more impressive in this arc. His performance was incredible. He actually managed to defeat almost all of his opponents, but his carelesness kept him from having a perfect streak. At least he won the big final climactic fight, so it's nothing to complain about. His win-loss ratio is now 4:2

Androids/Cell Saga

2)Goku vs. Cell LOST: he himself admitted that he couldn't have win even if he tried his best

3)Goku vs. Cell J.r. LOST: he would have been completely defeated without Gohan SS2's intervention

This is the most underwhealming arc for Goku. He sits on his ass for most of it (either becasue of his heart virus, ir because he wants Gohan to unleash his power)
He lost to enemies that he could have easily defeated (Android 19) and one he could have at least pushed back (Cell J.r). He forfaited his fight with Cell, admitting that he couldn't have defeated him even if he wanted to. He didn't even win a single fight, he wasn't part of the climactic end fight (even though he was there for the Father-Son kamehameha, that win goes to Gohan). His wins-defeats ratio is now 4:5, so it's starting to get negative.

Buu Saga
1)Goku vs. Yakon WON

2)Goku vs. Majin Vegeta LOST: even though he could have easily won, he chose to lose this fight, but a loss is still loss

5)Goku vs. Kid Buu WON: even though it took the Spirit Bomb to defeat him, it still counts as a win for Goku

This arc made up for his lost fights a bit. Even though he chose to not defeat two opponente he could have easily took out (Vegeta and Buu), he made up for it with 2 wins (Yakon and Buu) that even out his win-loss ratio, which is now 5:5

All things considered DBZ kept things even with Goku, by nit making stomp and win too much, and at the same time not making him look like a loser.

Dragon Ball Super

Battle of Gods Saga

Pretty disappointing but fair, Beerus is a GOD after all. His win-loss ratio is now sadly 5:7. Yikes, back in negative again. Wonder if they're gonna fix it next arc.

Resurrection of F Saga
1)Goku vs. Frieza LOST.. Again his carelessness got the best of him... Yes, he later killed Frieza, but I wouldn't count it as a win, it was more of a deus ex machina. He lost the fight to Frieza.

Disappointing. But whatever, at least Vegeta hit his time ti shi... Oh wait. No he didn't. Anyway, his win/defeats ratio is now even more terrible: 5:8. Fuck, I though Goku always wins.

Universe 6 Saga
1)Goku vs. Botamo WON

2)Goku vs. Frost LOST: even though Frost cheated, the match was still lost by Goku, since he was unconcious by the end of it.

3)Goku vs Hit LOST; just like against Cell he forfeited , but this this time he probably could have defeated Hit. Well, by Tournament rules the match was still lost.

This arc has been kinda better, but not really, since the only fight he managed to win is against Botamo (and it was terrible drawn and animated). I can forgive his loss against Frost, nothing major. His fight with Hit was impressive but he chose to throw it away. T'ha ratio is really not that different: 6:10. Still negative. And he yet again did nit win the final major climactic battle. That's a shame. But we got the Monaka gag, and honestly that's enough for me to be happy.

Future Trunks Saga
1)Goku vs. Goku Black DRAW (btw, he could have easily defeated him then and there, butche chose not to...
Again)

2)Goku vs. Zamasu WON

3)Goku, Vegeta and Trunks vs. Goku Black and Future Zamasu LOST: they got absolutely stomped

4)Goku, Vegeta and Trunks vs. Goku Black and Future Zamasu (rematch) LOST: since they went back in the main timeline leaving Trunks behind to cover them

5)Goku vs. Future Zamasu NO CLEAR RESULT: he stomped him, but... He didn't defeat him. He's immortal

6)Goku and Vegeta vs. Goku Black INTERRUPTED because of the fusion of the Zamasus after the mafuba

7)Goku, Vegeta and Trunks vs. Merged Zamasu NO CLEAR RESULT: Goku managed to stun him, but again,
he's immortal

All this arc has done for Goku is stacking up defeat after defeat. He still impressivly managed to cause problems to Merged Zamasu, but couldn't finish him off for good. His win-loss ratio is now 7:12. Pretty pathetic for a main character, don't you think?
Just because I'm good hearted, I'll include the filler arc between F.T. arc and the ToP. Technically, they're not even filler, because as we know Super isn't based off a manga.
"Filler" fights

2)Goku vs Copy-Vegeta WON: come on, I'm generous, I'll at least give him this one (even though he won thanks to Monaka)

Goddam, this man can't even win filler fights now. The ratio is 8:12. Still shitty. Whatever.

I've decided that I'll update it with the ToP arc once it's over. The nature of that arc is obviously gonna give Goku a bunch if wins, but most of them are fodder wins, since half the community doesn't even remember the names of those who aren't U7-U6-U11. Now, dear people who always say " Goku winning is predictable" take a look at this, and tell me how you can't say that Goku gets no major wins in anything that isn't movies/filler.
True, Goku does not win a lot but dragon ball fans still choose to be ignorant.

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:13 pm

Vegeta won against Frieza, Goku just finished him off.

It's similar to how Goku won against Nappa, Burter and Reecomme but it was Vegeta who finished them off.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Raphael_Z wrote:Vegeta won against Frieza, Goku just finished him off.

It's similar to how Goku won against Nappa, Burter and Reecomme but it was Vegeta who finished them off.
Exactly
Get Fucked, C_unt

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cursemark505 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Vegeta didn't win against Freeza. Freeza ended that fight killing Vegeta.

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Cursemark505 wrote:

Actually, Vegeta's death was due to lack of oxygen and not by Frieza's planetary explosion.

I mean, are you actually saying that Namek Saga's Frieza with a maimed body and no stamina left can survive Namek's explosion but SSB Vegeta (who has God Ki) can't survive Earth's explosion? Both Vegeta and Frieza survived Earth's explosion but Frieza is the only one able to breath in space (Whis mentions that Frieza is probably still floating around the Earth).

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:20 pm

I always considered the Majin Vegeta fight a draw. They both agreed to stop the fight and finish after defeating Buu, then Vegeta did a cheap shot after everything was over.

But other than Majin Vegeta and Freeza RoF on the list as losses I agree.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:46 pm

don't forget ssj blue Goku vs Freeza's rematch before the TOP. It ended in a draw.

Code

Post by Code » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:55 am

Seems pretty biased and designed to prove a point.
Look at how often Goku was clearly stronger than his opponent, but lost due to some technicality or was holding back. It's like in WWE, when someone stomps his opponent, but then loses by DQ or Count-Out. Technically he lost, but he is still the one, that got put over.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:57 am

Code wrote:Seems pretty biased and designed to prove a point.
Look at how often Goku was clearly stronger than his opponent, but lost due to some technicality or was holding back. It's like in WWE, when someone stomps his opponent, but then loses by DQ or Count-Out. Technically he lost, but he is still the one, that got put over.
If you didn't noticed how many times I stated that, you clearly haven't read half of what I wrote.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Code

Post by Code » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:20 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
If you didn't noticed how many times I stated that, you clearly haven't read half of what I wrote.
You still count those as losses. That makes it look like they are on the same level as the fights against Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) or Cell. It also skews with the ration in a misleading direction.
Maybe make a third category "fake losses" or something.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:38 am

Code wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
You still count those as losses. That makes it look like they are on the same level as the fights against Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) or Cell. It also skews with the ration in a misleading direction.
Maybe make a third category "fake losses" or something.
It's not my fault that Goku chose to lose those fights. It doesn't matter if he is stronger or not, if he doesn't use that Power , it still counts as a lost match. This isn't a "how many times Goku was stronger than his opponente" thread
Get Fucked, C_unt

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:11 am

Cursemark505 wrote:

Whis fixed that so the death didn't happen but when time was set back Vegeta's fight still happened as he was standing above a defeated Freeza. It's more of a win in Super as Goku couldn't lay a hand on him unlike the movie.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Raphael_Z wrote:
Cursemark505 wrote:

Actually, Vegeta's death was due to lack of oxygen and not by Frieza's planetary explosion.

I mean, are you actually saying that Namek Saga's Frieza with a maimed body and no stamina left can survive Namek's explosion but SSB Vegeta (who has God Ki) can't survive Earth's explosion? Both Vegeta and Frieza survived Earth's explosion but Frieza is the only one able to breath in space (Whis mentions that Frieza is probably still floating around the Earth).
Vegeta dying due to lack of oxygen was due to Freeza. How Vegeta died doesn't matter, it was still because of Freeza. Freeza beat Vegeta in RoF. Killing him twice now.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:I'm getting tired of all of these discussions such as: "Goku ALWAYS WINS!1!1''; " Goku not winning is predictable!" and so on. So I decided to make a proper count of Goku's win-lose ratio starting from Dragon Ball Z and arriving to Super. I'm not gonna count movies or filler or GT since they're 1)not canon and 2) The endings of those movies are all the same : Goku WINS through some sort of miracolous powerup etc... Exect for the Bojack one. I'm just gonna count his canon battles. I'm also not gonna count Dragon Ball because Goku's strengh is basically used for comedic effect , and it only started to get serious towards the end. And a lot of battles in DB were not even serious/competitive fights. I'm also not counting sparring since it's just training, and Goku obviously holds back whenever he spars with one of his friends.

Dragon Ball Z

Saiyan Saga

2)Goku vs. Nappa WON

Frieza Saga
1)Goku vs. Recoome WON

4)Goku vs. Frieza WON

Androids/Cell Saga

Buu Saga
1)Goku vs. Yakon WON

Dragon Ball Super

Battle of Gods Saga

Resurrection of F Saga

Universe 6 Saga
1)Goku vs. Botamo WON

Future Trunks Saga
Again)

2)Goku vs. Zamasu WON

he's immortal

"Filler" fights

Glad my wish came true lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:36 am

The battle went from 1VS1 to 4vs1 but despite him barely be able to move,his team won so this is close to a Goku and Piccolo vs. Raditz scenario,not a clean win but not a clean loss either.
Both Goku and Vegeta agreed to stop this battle but Vegeta did not keep his word and sneak attacked him,so this match does not even count,unless you count Majin Vegeta killing the humans in the stadium as a win for Vegeta xd.
Help or not he did kill Freeza(by intruding his battle against Vegeta)so yeah its 1 loss and 1 win against Freeza.
By tournament rules Frost won but by the same rules his victory got revoked earlier because he cheated by reinstalling Goku,Frost was not disqualified by Vegeta's proposal so Frost did not lose either(he lost to Vegeta but not to Goku)so this match should count as no result.