Regardless of quality, Are you going to miss Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Regardless of quality, Are you going to miss Super?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:04 am

With those watching the weekly Eng Dub it is not really going anywhere especially with the dub being so far behind it is like you're practically watching new episodes.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:07 am

It had it's moments I guess.
The Zamasu arc being the best one in my opinion.
Before the TOP I was going to rate DBS a 7 out of 10, But now after the tournament ratings dropped to a 5 out of 10 overall.
I really didn't enjoy this last arc, and even though we still don't know it's ending it doesn't really matter for me anymore.
DBS is clearly meant for a younger audience of which I no longer belong, so no I will not really miss it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:36 am

For now, considering we don't know the full extent of the future of the show, yes, I'll miss Super. I found it thoroughly entertaining for the most part in both mediums.

Kogu 87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kogu 87 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:47 am

Enjoyed both the anime and the manga and will truly miss super.
It was great having something to look forward to every week.

At least I will still be able to get my monthly manga fix.
"Oh dear...."

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:52 am

No. The only good thing that came out of Super was Goku Black and even he was shortly lived. Modern DB just doesn't cut It for me, the whole Toriyama vibe feels off. Tbh I only enjoyed around 7 episodes out of 130? It just failed to reach up to that tension and twists DB/DBZ had.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:55 am

I freaking love your Avatar! Can I save it? I wont use it but I do want to save it to my computer.

AND YES I WILL MISS SUPER! I really know the quality was extremely subpar AT BEST. But nothing will beat the sheer excitement it gave to me and the happiness it brought to me.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:48 am

Hahaahaha.

No.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Dragono wrote:This anime/manga was not perfect and it was deeply flawed but it was new dragon ball material and I felt like a kid again.

What about you?
It was an okay addition to the franchise. Had a lot of fun watching Super Saiyan 2 getting its deserved love, I appreciated some concepts that were introduced and a couple of awesome soundtracks but I don't think I'm going to miss it. I have found my way to enjoy the franchise without having to expect the "main series" to do something.

Goodbye, Dragon Ball Super. :wave:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Not really, no. It was only a 5/10 now that the ToP is pretty much over and nothing kept me invested enough to really go back save for possible review purposes.

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:50 pm

Yes I'm going to miss Super, but I don't think the show taking a break is a bad thing. Super has had it's share of issues but they delivered a pretty decent arc with the Tournament of Power. I wish the previous arcs had the detail that this arc has, some episodes in the first half of Super don't really look like DBZ and the TOP arc has really tried to get back to that style. There's plenty more story to tell too. 4 universes didn't participate in this tournament because their populations were strong enough to not be erased. So that has to mean there's a fighter stronger than Jiren out there right? Plus if the erased universes aren't brought back with the Super Dragon Balls then there will need to be a dragon ball hunt arc with Vegeta making good on his promise to restore Universe 6 at least. I just can't believe that it would be all over at this point, there's no reason to leave Super hanging like this. It'll be back.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:55 pm

Will i miss my one and only love!???

Hell yeah! Do i still think it has problems? Sure, definitely. Nothing can be perfect.

The Law Of Compensation - Hedonic Adaptation.

It explains ALL of Dragonball’s issues.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:21 pm

Yeah I will miss it despite having some issues it was enjoyable but hey at least the manga is still around.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Yes, outside the crappy movie adaptions and the mediocre U6 tournament, I've enjoyed the vast majority of it. My major complaints was not using certain characters like Gohan till the last arc, Trunks/Goten literally not doing anything, the constant shafting of Buu despite hyping him up for two tournaments,etc.

Master Xar
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Master Xar » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Of course. Even to the people who don’t like it very much are going to hate that they have not as much to talk about outside of the games, before Super, many forums including this one was stagnant in terms of talking about the series, reiterating the same topics multiple times, talking about the same things day in and day out, hell it STILL goes on and is a big habit the fanbase has, and I don’t even know why.

But I enjoyed it for what it was, it had its ups and downs, but in the end I enjoyed it, whatever issues that caused the downs in the series I hope they resolve over this hiatus to make the series come back better than ever before, with good writing AND action.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:49 pm

I have really enjoyed both the anime and manga of Super. Since we don't know the full future of Super yet, for now I'm going miss it. It was really enjoyable and has its issues but I enjoyed the ride. I'm still going to talk about it and of course keep up with the manga and movie.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Doctor. wrote:I will be indifferent to it. I had to sit down and watch an episode for 20 minutes a week, it was hardly a chore. I'll barely notice it is gone.
Here here.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:47 pm

Watching episodes eaxh Saturday night (local time) is a tradition I will miss a lot, I hope DB will come back soon.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:07 am

Most definitely yes. This was the first DB series I got to follow live each week. It became a part of my weekends. Yes there were flaws but I'll miss DBS for sure
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:21 am

Absolutely, I loved it. Issues and all. Having new Dragon Ball episodes every week was amazing.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:38 am

I think so, yes. I wouldn't have half a year ago, but the TOP, despite all it's many, many flaws, has proven that modern DB can be fun for me. I've said this before, when the we still weren't sure if the series would end after this arc, that it would be a shame for DBS to end right as it was getting better and better: better animation quality, better use of the main cast, better soundtrack, etc. The entertainment value has dropped somewhat since ep 120, but it still a fun ride. If it weren't for the movie, I'd be really bummed out right now.