Could Vegeta be a descendant of Yamoshi?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Could Vegeta be a descendant of Yamoshi?

Post by Mercenary » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:36 pm

Ditto.
Royal blood runing through Vegeta's vains may be some indicator and serve as evidence or at least hint, BUT there's no denying Vegeta looks similar to Yamoshi or the other way round.
What do you guys think?

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Could Vegeta be a descendant of Yamoshi?

Post by prince212 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:57 pm

Was yamoshi supposed to be the king at his time ?
That shape resemble him for sure
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:59 pm

Mercenary wrote:Ditto.
Royal blood runing through Vegeta's vains may be some indicator and serve as evidence or at least hint, BUT there's no denying Vegeta looks similar to Yamoshi or the other way round.
What do you guys think?
It's just a mere silhouette, nothing indicates that Vegeta is the decendant of Yamoshi.

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:01 pm

prince212 wrote:Was yamoshi supposed to be the king at his time ?
Although a speculation, I think probably not. I mean why would they turn on their king.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:01 pm

I don't think Yamoshi's status had been ever mentioned but yeah, as for the shape - it's totally like Vegeta's one.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:04 pm

Maybe both Goku and Yamoshi could be a descendant.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:22 pm

This is what we know about yamoshi , I took it from this article http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... pecial-qa/
Was the “legendary Super Saiyan” Freeza feared the Super Saiyan God that appeared in Battle of Gods?
In a certain sense, they are the same person. That is to say, very long ago, before Planet Vegeta was the Saiyans’ planet, there was a man named Yamoshi4 who had a righteous heart despite being a Saiyan. He and his five comrades started a rebellion, but he was cornered by combatants and became a Super Saiyan for the first time, though his transformation and fearsome fighting style shocked the other Saiyans. Outnumbered, Yamoshi eventually wore himself out and was defeated, but this was only the beginning of his legend. Afterwards, Yamoshi’s spirit wandered in continuous search of six righteous-hearted Saiyans, seeking a new savior: Super Saiyan God.
yamoshi was not the king at that time and he wasn’t successful in his rebellion , so vegeta descending from that bloodline has not sense ..who knows , but that will be a good point , also Goku bloodline will fit even better because of the righteous heart
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Except that the Saiyan from the images you posted (Movie 14) is not Yamoshi. That Saiyan was an unknown one that transformed into Super Saiyan God before Goku and that event happened in planet Vegeta.

Yamoshi was one of the Legendary Super Saiyans (now known simply as "Super Saiyan") that transformed into the said form back in planet Sadala.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:13 pm

This could mean that Vegeta wasn’t crazy when he was in Z. Where he was saying that the title of Legendary Super Saiyan was his birth right and what not. Maybe that’s how his family came into power.

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:26 pm

The Saiyan population was always very small, its almost inevitable that over time all Saiyans would be related distantly and its perfectly possible that most Saiyans have some of Yamoshi's blood. For example, despite being dead for 800 years 1 in every 200 men is a decendant of Gengis Khan, it goes without saying that it is almost inevitable that both Goku and Vegeta could be decendants.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:33 pm

Isn't Vegeta's "royal blood" something new? Like Vegeta's planet being governed by King Vegeta something recently? [has Vegeta's grandfather been a king?]

About the question, maybe... but i don't think the silhouette means anything

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:47 am

I'm quite certain Vegeta is a distant relative of yamoshi, but so is Goku I think.
The fact that he looks just like Vegeta is a dead give away.

But I guess Goku will probably have a closer relation to him somehow, because well....he's practically a god now, he's probably royalty as well. :problem:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:55 am

Mercenary wrote:Ditto.
What do you guys think?
If Vegeta really had Yamoshi as his ancient ancestor, then it would mean Tarble wasn't the only member of the Saiyan Royal Family to not be a complete and utter dick.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:06 am

As of this moment, there has been absolutely no confirmation from the Head Hanchos of Toei Animation of the long since deceased Yamoshi being of royal lineage.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:27 am

Khandom101 wrote:
Although a speculation, I think probably not. I mean why would they turn on their king.
Most of the Saiyans of Universe 7 were simply a bunch of Barbarians, before becoming a little bit more like the Spartans once they had King Vegeta reign over them. So if there were Kings before King Vegeta's time, and if any of them had not been a Tyrannical King like him, then it would have been natural for the majority of the Saiyan race to pull off a successful coup d'etat.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:35 am

SsjCookie wrote:I'm quite certain Vegeta is a distant relative of yamoshi, but so is Goku I think.
The fact that he looks just like Vegeta is a dead give away.

But I guess Goku will probably have a closer relation to him somehow, because well....he's practically a god now, he's probably royalty as well. :problem:
While we have no idea if Goku and Vegeta are related or not, Goku became a Prince from marrying Chi-Chi.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:41 am

I really hope they don't go down that road as this character should just be his own character, there's no need for have him to be related to either Goku or Vegeta.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:14 pm

Ultimately he's probably both their ancestor. I mean it's a known fact that saiyans have a low population, you might not even have to go that far back to find a common ancestor between goku and vegeta.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:26 pm

Like others have said, Yamoshi is probably in the ancestry of a ton of Saiyans, Vegeta and Goku included.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:58 pm

There's nothing out there denying the fact that Vegeta COULD be a descendant. Then again, there's not evidence claiming he's not either. So, it could go either way.
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19