"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by majinwarman » Wed May 09, 2018 7:05 am

JulieYBM wrote:I'm expecting Tate or Oonishi will handle the beginning and Takahashi and Shintani will do the climax. Hopefully they can call in their friends.
I think Shintani will mostly do corrections but I think Shida will take his place during the climax of the movie.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5448
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed May 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Well, we didn't get anything today. :(
Hoping for better days to come.
majinwarman wrote: I think Shintani will mostly do corrections but I think Shida will take his place during the climax of the movie.
Not having Shida in the climax would be weird, but I would forgive them if he did a intro like this:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Still my favourite cut from him. I'm disappointed we didn't get something like this in ToP.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:30 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Well, we didn't get anything today. :(
Hoping for better days to come.
majinwarman wrote: I think Shintani will mostly do corrections but I think Shida will take his place during the climax of the movie.
Not having Shida in the climax would be weird, but I would forgive them if he did a intro like this:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Still my favourite cut from him. I'm disappointed we didn't get something like this in ToP.
Why should we have been expecting anything today? If you’re talking about Goku Day, that was yesterday in Japan so it happened already
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5448
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed May 09, 2018 8:09 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Why should we have been expecting anything today? If you’re talking about Goku Day, that was yesterday in Japan so it happened already
Different time zones. It was still Goku Day here. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by majinwarman » Thu May 10, 2018 11:04 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Well, we didn't get anything today. :(
Hoping for better days to come.
majinwarman wrote: I think Shintani will mostly do corrections but I think Shida will take his place during the climax of the movie.
Not having Shida in the climax would be weird, but I would forgive them if he did a intro like this:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Still my favourite cut from him. I'm disappointed we didn't get something like this in ToP.
I won't mind if Shida started the third act and Shintani finishes the climax.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Rabdom User
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by Rabdom User » Fri May 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Is there a chance that Megumi Ishitani is gonna take part of the storyboard too?
I mean,she and Nagamine are pretty close to each other. (correct me if I am wrong,these thoughts are based on what I've seen on Super)
Anyway,that would be awesome,because
-She is very good.Ep 131 has my favourite SB in the series.
-She also has contacts,with young and talented animators like Watanabe.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13917
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by JulieYBM » Fri May 11, 2018 4:59 pm

Rabdom User wrote:Is there a chance that Megumi Ishitani is gonna take part of the storyboard too?
I mean,she and Nagamine are pretty close to each other. (correct me if I am wrong,these thoughts are based on what I've seen on Super)
Anyway,that would be awesome,because
-She is very good.Ep 131 has my favourite SB in the series.
-She also has contacts,with young and talented animators like Watanabe.
Probably not, but she might be able to be an assistant director, which would be good experience.
She/Her | Extremely Online MILF | Want to be a girl? Click here! | My girlfriend told me to log off, so I'm logging off. 💜

Sodhi
I Live Here
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by Sodhi » Fri May 11, 2018 11:10 pm

As for talent I would say that Ishitani is better than Nagamine with what I have seen of her. Only thing she lacks compared to him is experience but that comes with time. She will definitely be a pretty well respected director soon and be well known in the industry. Star/Legend in the making we are witnessing. Same can be said about Kamatani, very talented, already being called another Rie Matsumoto.

User avatar
Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1697
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat May 12, 2018 8:57 am

Been curious about this and I hope someone can answer it for me. I'm trying to get an idea of Nagamine's direction skills based on his work. I've only seen One Piece Film Z and I adored it.

So Akio Yamaguchi and Tatsuya Nagamine are credited as directors for Episode 95 of Super. Does that mean that they worked on the whole episode together or did they each work on half? I just watched the episode and there's a big change in the second half. Just based on that, I'm assuming that Nagamine directed the second half of the episode? I just want someone to clarify that for me.

The second half of 95 is straight up chilling. It was only 11 minutes of what I assume was Nagamine's direction. Just the thought of him directing an entire Dragon Ball film gets me unbelievably excited.
[spoiler]Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image[/spoiler]

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6156
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by Ajay » Sat May 12, 2018 9:58 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:So Akio Yamaguchi and Tatsuya Nagamine are credited as directors for Episode 95 of Super. Does that mean that they worked on the whole episode together or did they each work on half? I just watched the episode and there's a big change in the second half. Just based on that, I'm assuming that Nagamine directed the second half of the episode? I just want someone to clarify that for me.
There's been some bleed between halves that we've only known about because of staff tweets, but otherwise yeah, that's usually how the credits work.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

User avatar
Rally 07
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by Rally 07 » Sat May 12, 2018 11:14 pm

majinwarman wrote: I think Shintani will mostly do corrections but I think Shida will take his place during the climax of the movie.
Well Naotoshi Shida is known as Toei's best climax animator. So it'd make sense why he'd be animating any big, climax cuts.

Rabdom User
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by Rabdom User » Sun May 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Does Nagamine have a contact with Hisashi Mori?
I just finished watching OP film Z and I'm pretty sure that I saw his effectwork.
I really want to believe that he is going to animate something on the new movie.

User avatar
Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1697
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon May 14, 2018 11:47 pm

Figured I'd list what animators are going to be working on the animation and who I expect/hope to see as well.

Confirmed:
Naohiro Shintani
Naotoshi Shida
Yuya Takahashi
Takashi Hashimoto
Ken Arto
Mehdi Aouichaoui

Expected:
Ryo Onishi
Naoki Tate
Masahiro Shimanuki
Shuuichiro Manabe
Ken Otsuka
Atsushi Nikaido
Kenji Miuma
Futoshi Higashide

Basing all this off of Super's staff, animators that showed up a lot and Onishi working on the teaser trailer.

Hope to see:
Koudai Watanabe
Yuki Hayashi
Hisashi Eguchi
Yoshihiro Kanno
Hisashi Mori
Yoshihiko Umakoshi
Yutaka Nakamura (far-fetched, but a man can dream, right?)

Some of the animators mentioned here have worked with Nagamine in the past. Some of them worked on the past Z films but didn't show up in Super. Would love to see Eguchi work on Dragon Ball again. Nakamura is just a god-tier animator who needs to bless Dragon Ball with his talents. This wouldn't be his first time working on Dragon Ball. He's credited as a key animator for Movie 5.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13917
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by JulieYBM » Mon May 14, 2018 11:58 pm

If Nagamine could get Satou Masayuki and Kurita Shin'ichi again that would be cool.
She/Her | Extremely Online MILF | Want to be a girl? Click here! | My girlfriend told me to log off, so I'm logging off. 💜

User avatar
Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by Artorias » Tue May 15, 2018 4:08 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: [spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Still my favourite cut from him. I'm disappointed we didn't get something like this in ToP.
Shida's cuts in Super/modern DB, EVEN 130 are still kinda "limited" by his standards. I still find the random cuts from him like this in other shows/movies to be more inventive, interesting, and polished than anything he's ever done on modern Dragon Ball. Hopefully we get to see 100% full blown Shida in this film.

And I didn't even really care for his cut in BoG, so hoping for something not like that.

User avatar
Vegeta_Sama
Regular
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:59 pm
Location: Capsule Corporation

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue May 15, 2018 7:23 am

Artorias wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote: [spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Still my favourite cut from him. I'm disappointed we didn't get something like this in ToP.
Shida's cuts in Super/modern DB, EVEN 130 are still kinda "limited" by his standards. I still find the random cuts from him like this in other shows/movies to be more inventive, interesting, and polished than anything he's ever done on modern Dragon Ball. Hopefully we get to see 100% full blown Shida in this film.

And I didn't even really care for his cut in BoG, so hoping for something not like that.
You're telling me that he's even better than what we saw in DBS? Jesus, this man can't be human :o Maybe the tight schedule is what limited him a bit
My interpretation of the Dragon Ball Canon

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13917
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by JulieYBM » Tue May 15, 2018 9:15 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Artorias wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote: [spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Still my favourite cut from him. I'm disappointed we didn't get something like this in ToP.
Shida's cuts in Super/modern DB, EVEN 130 are still kinda "limited" by his standards. I still find the random cuts from him like this in other shows/movies to be more inventive, interesting, and polished than anything he's ever done on modern Dragon Ball. Hopefully we get to see 100% full blown Shida in this film.

And I didn't even really care for his cut in BoG, so hoping for something not like that.
You're telling me that he's even better than what we saw in DBS? Jesus, this man can't be human :o Maybe the tight schedule is what limited him a bit
His best work is probably his cuts for PreCure All-Star DX2: Kibou no Hkari: Rainbow Jewel o Mamore!

His scene for PreCure All-Stars New Stage: Mirai no Tomodachi is a close second.

She/Her | Extremely Online MILF | Want to be a girl? Click here! | My girlfriend told me to log off, so I'm logging off. 💜

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by majinwarman » Tue May 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Figured I'd list what animators are going to be working on the animation and who I expect/hope to see as well.

Confirmed:
Naohiro Shintani
Naotoshi Shida
Yuya Takahashi
Takashi Hashimoto
Ken Arto
Mehdi Aouichaoui

Expected:
Ryo Onishi
Naoki Tate
Masahiro Shimanuki
Shuuichiro Manabe
Ken Otsuka
Atsushi Nikaido
Kenji Miuma
Futoshi Higashide

Basing all this off of Super's staff, animators that showed up a lot and Onishi working on the teaser trailer.

Hope to see:
Koudai Watanabe
Yuki Hayashi
Hisashi Eguchi
Yoshihiro Kanno
Hisashi Mori
Yoshihiko Umakoshi
Yutaka Nakamura (far-fetched, but a man can dream, right?)

Some of the animators mentioned here have worked with Nagamine in the past. Some of them worked on the past Z films but didn't show up in Super. Would love to see Eguchi work on Dragon Ball again. Nakamura is just a god-tier animator who needs to bless Dragon Ball with his talents. This wouldn't be his first time working on Dragon Ball. He's credited as a key animator for Movie 5.
Nice list you have there and I hope that Nakamura works on the film as well.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue May 15, 2018 9:54 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Figured I'd list what animators are going to be working on the animation and who I expect/hope to see as well.

Confirmed:
Naohiro Shintani
Naotoshi Shida
Yuya Takahashi
Takashi Hashimoto
Ken Arto
Mehdi Aouichaoui

Expected:
Ryo Onishi
Naoki Tate
Masahiro Shimanuki
Shuuichiro Manabe
Ken Otsuka
Atsushi Nikaido
Kenji Miuma
Futoshi Higashide

Basing all this off of Super's staff, animators that showed up a lot and Onishi working on the teaser trailer.

Hope to see:
Koudai Watanabe
Yuki Hayashi
Hisashi Eguchi
Yoshihiro Kanno
Hisashi Mori
Yoshihiko Umakoshi
Yutaka Nakamura (far-fetched, but a man can dream, right?)

Some of the animators mentioned here have worked with Nagamine in the past. Some of them worked on the past Z films but didn't show up in Super. Would love to see Eguchi work on Dragon Ball again. Nakamura is just a god-tier animator who needs to bless Dragon Ball with his talents. This wouldn't be his first time working on Dragon Ball. He's credited as a key animator for Movie 5.
Shimanuki is back on One Piece as an animation supervisor so I wouldn't expect him to be on the movie
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 16, 2018 4:42 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: Shimanuki is back on One Piece as an animation supervisor so I wouldn't expect him to be on the movie
Anyone else from DBS gone to OP?

Post Reply