"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:45 pm

Broly's new form is the only one he should have in this movie. That's my only takeaway.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:53 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Honestly that Broly could be even better if he didn't had that highlight on his face.
Seems like it may be from the same scene that this. Whoever that is, is standing out like a sore thumb.

Kinda disappointed with the lack of battle damage in the first shot too. How they look so clean with their outfits like that?! We got a great director and character designer, now the next step would be stopping with the ridiculous censorship.
I agree with the highlight part no Broly. But if you look closely at the first shot, there are battle scratches on them. It is very sublte. Need High res photos to see all the details. Unless all that compositing is blurring the details.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Here's the third and final trailer for DBS Broly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVn8E0AXDsY

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:22 pm

Yup, just like I thought. I will never like Tate's current style.
The sound effects seem awesome. Could it be Hidenori Arai?! I still need to hear more.
Not fan of CGI, but it's a big improvement compared to BOG/ROF Movie. Overall the movie looks great.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:45 am

That trailer was really hype visually aside from the CGI.

Really liked seeing Naoki Tate and Ryo Onishi in action, in my opinion, they scenes from the trailer were a fair bit livlier than Takahashi's.

Also, heard that apparently Atsushi Nikaido was working under Yuya Takahashi's scene in the movie. Thats interesting. He hasn't done anything since Super ended, but on Super, he did a fair bit of really nice action.
Really looking forward to being blown away by this movie visually.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:19 am

Why are they using so much CG in this movie? Sure it looks better than before but it's still CG so it's distracting and kind of bad.
It really worries me.

Aside from that it looks great.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:41 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Yup, just like I thought. I will never like Tate's current style.
The sound effects seem awesome. Could it be Hidenori Arai?! I still need to hear more.
Not fan of CGI, but it's a big improvement compared to BOG/ROF Movie. Overall the movie looks great.
I have to agree, at least the way the trailer was cut it people said it about Takahashi in Trailer 2 but was more apparent here with Tate in my opinion, consistency in style is the biggest worry definitely, especially now the film is done. Has Shintani touched up anything?

That said looks like Nagamine has SB some new techniques with SSG Goku's glowing hands, hopefully more of that and not Goku firing 10,000 KMH's!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:50 am

I'd get used to the CGI (not like, just get used to) because it seems to be Japan's latest fad the last few years and it doesn't look like its going away anytime soon.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:12 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Yup, just like I thought. I will never like Tate's current style.
I have to agree, at least the way the trailer was cut it people said it about Takahashi in Trailer 2 but was more apparent here with Tate in my opinion, consistency in style is the biggest worry definitely, especially now the film is done. Has Shintani touched up anything?

That said looks like Nagamine has SB some new techniques with SSG Goku's glowing hands, hopefully more of that and not Goku firing 10,000 KMH's!
I think it's just a Kamehameha though. Goku lining up his hands in front of him is a common pose; it just has some effects thrown in.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:39 am

Am I the only one who thinks the Tate bit was actually good?
The art had enough detail, faces didn't look awkward and didn't stick out at all, and the action itself was great and fast paced.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:25 am

Amir wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the Tate bit was actually good?
The art had enough detail, faces didn't look awkward and didn't stick out at all, and the action itself was great and fast paced.
It's the best part of the trailer. Of course you're not the only one.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:39 am

Draconic wrote:
Amir wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the Tate bit was actually good?
It's the best part of the trailer. Of course you're not the only one.
In terms of actual hand to hand fighting yes it is the best.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:47 am

I think that the last Broly shot looks like Kawasawa and the Blue Goku shot against the many beams shot by Broly look like Ide to me but I could be wrong. Please someone help me understand those shots.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:13 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Must agree in the sense that Tate's art style is definitely not to my liking. I'm glad Ajay and others who love it got to see those smears and blobs they adore, for me though, it was the weakest aspect of the trailer (after the CG), visually. Takahashi's art sticks out and is easily the most appealing for me. I don't like the different style jumps though, and that inconsistency is still throwing me off when watching these trailers. The love of using CG was something I had hoped wouldn't be too heavy in this, but it's becoming apparent this thing is loaded with it, and it's not something I'm a fan of. However, the environment, effects etc is absolutely fantastic and I definitely have to give em props for that! It's one reason this movie is going to be a visual spectacle regardless!

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:16 pm

Hey movie, calm down with the CG eh?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:21 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I think it's just a Kamehameha though. Goku lining up his hands in front of him is a common pose; it just has some effects thrown in.
We dont know that. It seems like some kinda shockwave as the next cut shows Broly flying into whatever technique Goku is doing and he stops in his tracks with a surprised look on his face. His hands and fingers aren’t in the kamehameha position and his hands never glowed with a liquid like golden arua when charging a kamehameha before.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:37 am

Ken Otsuka tweeted that he's worked on the film and a cut of his was in the latest trailer. If I had to guess what was his work, there's just something about the way Broly leans forward in that final shot of the trailer that reminds me of a cut of his back in Episode 66.
Does anyone else see it or am I just crazy? :lol:

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:44 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Broly's new form is the only one he should have in this movie. That's my only takeaway.
Defeats the whole purpose of the character and the reason they are bringing him back

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:56 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Ken Otsuka tweeted that he's worked on the film and a cut of his was in the latest trailer. If I had to guess what was his work, there's just something about the way Broly leans forward in that final shot of the trailer that reminds me of a cut of his back in Episode 66.
Does anyone else see it or am I just crazy? :lol:
Actually... I think you might be onto something...