Universes 13 to 18 might be back...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Universes 13 to 18 might be back...

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:28 pm

17's wish was to bring back the erased universes. That includes universes 13 to 18 too. If they keep it consistent, the universes should be there sine 17 didn't specify "all universes erased in the tournament". If they aren't back, then its a plot hole. But i think this might have something to do with the movie...
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: Universes 13 to 18 might be back...

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:31 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:17's wish was to bring back the erased universes. That includes universes 13 to 18 too. If they keep it consistent, the universes should be there sine 17 didn't specify "all universes erased in the tournament". If they aren't back, then its a plot hole. But i think this might have something to do with the movie...

Wouldn't mind if the saiyan in the movie is from u13-18. If u2 can have a yardrat then one of those could have had saiyans

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:14 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:17's wish was to bring back the erased universes. That includes universes 13 to 18 too. If they keep it consistent, the universes should be there sine 17 didn't specify "all universes erased in the tournament". If they aren't back, then its a plot hole. But i think this might have something to do with the movie...

Wouldn't mind if the saiyan in the movie is from u13-18. If u2 can have a yardrat then one of those could have had saiyans
That be a cool idea and I like the fact that more then 2 universe that don't have to be twins are able to have the same Species of Lifeforms in them. It would be an interesting and rich intro to these long destroyed Unvierses and Maybe the Unique THREATS they hold, Ones that make UI-Goku and Full Powered Jiren Look like Warm-ups! :wink:

I still hope one of them is the Demon Clan Universe from Dragon Ball Heroes if this becomes a plot point! :wink:

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:15 pm

They're not that clever.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:31 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
They're not that clever.
We got a female Broly, Goku and Freeza teaming up to save the universe, and Android 17 resurrecting the multiverse. Toei and Toriyama are quite unpredictable so you never know
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:51 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
They're not that clever.
We got a female Broly, Goku and Freeza teaming up to save the universe, and Android 17 resurrecting the multiverse. Toei and Toriyama are quite unpredictable so you never know
Yeah but they also gave us the mega-dumb "only a couple planets in the universe" thing. World builing is not the strong suit of Dragonball.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:37 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:
They're not that clever.
Damn, came to say this and you beat me to it :lol:.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:11 am

Honestly, I figured the surprise after the credits would have been Makkora (the angel teased in concept art) appearing to the GP saying "Hello, father" or something to tease this.

But with how it's been set up, it's always a possibility. We just may have not seen it.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:24 am

RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote:Yeah but they also gave us the mega-dumb "only a couple planets in the universe" thing. World builing is not the strong suit of Dragonball.
No they didn't. That was all Toriyama and was a thing before Dragon Ball Super even came.

It was brought up in the Jaco Galactic Patrolman manga when Fights noted that there weren't many members of the Galactic Patrol and Jaco said there weren't many planets with intelligent life.

Rebel Instinct
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rebel Instinct » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:46 am

Deep down somewhere in my cynical heart, I was still kinda hoping that the final wish to restore the erased universes would indirectly include Future Trunks' timeline in addition to the other universes Zeno erased in the past. Of course that wouldn't be the case though, that would actually make me happy... I suppose that it's still technically possible that the latter is true, but it looks like the former was just a pipe dream.

It's not exactly on-topic, but I'm beyond aggravated that genocidal tyrants, traitors and scumbags like Frieza, Frost and the other asshole-ish fighters from other universes all get their universes saved and get to have their own happy endings completely scot-free, yet the kind and selfless Future Trunks gets permanently shafted harder than literally most characters in the history of fiction. The character that deserved a happy ending the most (and already had one in Z... :problem: ) is literally the only one who doesn't get one, while the ones who deserve it least get theirs.

It's partially a personal issue on my part, since Future Trunks was my favorite Dragon Ball character and it hurts to see everyone else's favorite protagonists get satisfying conclusions, while mine gets screwed over to the max. Call me bitter or whatever, but that's going to bother me for a long time. It'll be one of the most prominent things that'll I'll remember about Super in passing.

Sorry for the semi-off-topic post, but the topic got me thinking and I wanted to vent. Maybe those of you who wanted to see what the other erased universes were like will get your wish. We'll see I suppose.
The post-Super fandom has ruined my love for Dragon Ball.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:00 am

I think the Future timeline was also restored, since those universes were erased by the Future Omni-King. This also includes Zamasu, I'd love if he came back along with the rest of the Future timeline.

Rebel Instinct
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rebel Instinct » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:55 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:I think the Future timeline was also restored, since those universes were erased by the Future Omni-King. This also includes Zamasu, I'd love if he came back along with the rest of the Future timeline.
I very much want this to be true, if for no other reason than to give Future Trunks his world back, along with some much needed closure. That said, I'd bet good money that the wish only restored the universes erased during the tournament and nothing else - and I'm not a betting man. Since we see an after party and another sparring match between Goku and Vegeta an indeterminate period of time later with nary a peep of Zamasu's influence or any implication that the wish effected anything other than the tournament contestants' universes, I'm all but certain that what we've seen is what we got. Unless some future material re-addresses Future Trunks' situation, I think he's forever relegated to having a bitter, unsatisfying conclusion to his story.
The post-Super fandom has ruined my love for Dragon Ball.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:50 am

This was something I've been wondering for a while. Don't think anybody was surprised by the wish, but have been wondering if it would be worded in a way that could bring back 13-18.
ToshioWrites wrote:

I was thinking maybe the twin universes used to be triplets. Wouldn't have to be but could be a little extra thing. Though it would mess with the numbers adding up.

Another thing they could do is just not even mention those universes for a while. We didn't even have all of 1-12 in the ToP. So have a bunch of other stuff happen and then later on have them show up and surprise everybody.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:19 pm

They should be back but I know they forgot about it.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:02 pm

I was going to make this topic but with a little added idea my friend had regarding the wording.

Feel free to use this image in your OP if you want
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The wording of restore all the erased universes implies that it includes the other erased universe (13-18). The wording could also imply that all members of those universes that were "erased" (meaning via Zeno's erasure) would also be restored, which would include Zamasu and Black Goku. I'm pretty certain they will entirely forget or not even notice both of those implicatons, but it's definitely kind of a plot hole or oversight if they don't. A third implication someone mentioned is that the Future Trunks' universes could be restored as well, causing all kinds of weird time conflicts. There's a lot of potential for future arcs here just from that wish.

Just a side note, Frost was also briefly shown when U6 was restored, so any members that were erased separately from their universes being erased could also be restored, this further inforces that Zamasu/Black Goku may be restored.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:14 pm

I also thought about this potential. However, like someone else mentioned, I doubt they will be that clever. It could lead to some really cool arcs in the future, even a back story for where the 2018 Movie villain comes from.
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:47 am

Just a side note, Frost was also briefly shown when U6 was restored, so any members that were erased separately from their universes being erased could also be restored, this further inforces that Zamasu/Black Goku may be restored.
You know, you bring up an interesting point. Frost was erased separately from the rest of Universe 6, however he was still there when Universe 6 was restored, so this implies that every single being of Universe 6 who has been erased since the dawning of time was brought back. The same applies to Universe 10, so technically Present Zamasu should have also been restored.

It is true that Present Zamasu was actually erased by Beerus, not by the King of All, however he was still erased; the Hakai technique, in fact, doesn't simply destroy the physical body, but also erases the soul from existence, like Zen-Oh's technique. In addition, the wish wasn't 'Please, restore all the universes that were erased by Zen-Oh', the wish was 'Please restore all of the universes that were erased', so this means that Present Zamasu should logically have been restored too.

The writers won't probably bring Zamasu back for the time being (although he is one of the most successful Dragon Ball characters ever), however logically Zamasu -- both in the Present and Future timeline -- should have been restored. Very poor wording on Android 17's end.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:52 am

I doubt Toei, Toriyama or Toyotaro remember those universes even existed to begin with.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:57 pm

I would be a bit surprised if Zamasu and the future universes were brought back. Zamasu was hakai'd by Beerus which isn't necessarily the same thing, and the future timelines happened in the future. They could be but I think that would need a more specific wording for the wish, especially the future universes.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:50 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:
You know, you bring up an interesting point. Frost was erased separately from the rest of Universe 6, however he was still there when Universe 6 was restored, so this implies that every single being of Universe 6 who has been erased since the dawning of time was brought back. The same applies to Universe 10, so technically Present Zamasu should have also been restored.

It is true that Present Zamasu was actually erased by Beerus, not by the King of All, however he was still erased; the Hakai technique, in fact, doesn't simply destroy the physical body, but also erases the soul from existence, like Zen-Oh's technique. In addition, the wish wasn't 'Please, restore all the universes that were erased by Zen-Oh', the wish was 'Please restore all of the universes that were erased', so this means that Present Zamasu should logically have been restored too.

The writers won't probably bring Zamasu back for the time being (although he is one of the most successful Dragon Ball characters ever), however logically Zamasu -- both in the Present and Future timeline -- should have been restored. Very poor wording on Android 17's end.
I dont get why Zamasu and black would be back. I highly doubt the wish extends to alternate timelines and just because beerus destroyed present zamasu he wont come back either as it was way before the top.

I'm split on the 6 universes coming back however. I hope so too but i always wonder what that means for that whole twin universe rule. It seems they kind of ditched that idea in the top outside of universe 6 and 7.