Super has changed Frieza again

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

Super has changed Frieza again

Post by Lujin_16 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:47 am

We know Frieza was evil and a great villain in Namek but than Z did something wrong i mean after that Future Trunks killed him really easy and it felt
like they have destroyed his badass and evil character....thank god Super has made him a badass again maybe not that evil like in Namek but still seeing
him again like that :clap:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Super has changed Frieza again

Post by PFM18 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:18 pm

It always seemed strange to me that the best and most icon villian in dragon ball was laughably weak towards the end of the series. I mean it kins of kills that "Lord Freeza the Emperor" sort of vibe. And he was as fodder against Trunks who was fodder to the Androids so he ultimately looked pathetic. I like how in Super they made Freeza into a powerful, clever,strategic villian who picks his battles wisely. (Except against Jiren)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:16 pm

It almost seems oddly fitting that in DBZ's filler we see Freeza watching Goku defeat Kid Buu from Hell, knowing he does indeed return now. Even if it can't fit well since we see cyborg Freeza in the cocoon in Super.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:25 am

Yeah, most of his filler descriptions after dying to Trunks had him look like a pathetic mook, RoF and onward did him much more justice.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:28 am

precita wrote:It almost seems oddly fitting that in DBZ's filler we see Freeza watching Goku defeat Kid Buu from Hell, knowing he does indeed return now. Even if it can't fit well since we see cyborg Freeza in the cocoon in Super.
Well of course it doesn't, that was filler that Toei wrote arbitrarily. Filler usually doesn't get considered by the original author when writing new stories. As far as Toriyama was concerned, those scenes never happened, showed by his completely different portrayal of hell for one thing.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:25 am

Indeed. Just like Namekian dietary habits.

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:43 am

I think the last Freezer scene leaves the doubt over any real change...