How will they fix the writing problem that Super had?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ssj4goku1992

Re: How will they fix the writing problem that Super had?

Post by ssj4goku1992 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:58 pm

What am i talking about? Did you watch dragon ball super? :))

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:03 pm

ssj4goku1992 wrote:What am i talking about? Did you watch dragon ball super? :))
No like I literally don't know what you are talking about. You made a barely coherent post directed at nobody in particular. No quote or anything to indicate who you are talking to. You just kind of ranted about DBS in a post plagued with grammar problems.

ssj4goku1992

Post by ssj4goku1992 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:05 pm

PFM18 wrote:
ssj4goku1992 wrote:What am i talking about? Did you watch dragon ball super? :))
No like I literally don't know what you are talking about. You made a barely coherent post directed at nobody in particular. No quote or anything to indicate who you are talking to. You just kind of ranted about DBS in a post plagued with grammar problems.
Lol i was literally talking about what it said. Did it offend your dbs religion or what?

ssj4goku1992

Post by ssj4goku1992 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:07 pm

PFM18 wrote:
And i really want to see my grammar problems. Please proceed

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:08 pm

ssj4goku1992 wrote:Lol we have Goku and Vegeta mopping floors and making the bed ... Jesus.. Are you like in some kind of religion where you feel the need to defend every imbecile aspect of it?

Do you really believe that this is the reason why DBZ was the absolute hit that it was? The anime that put Japan on the map in animated series? Because of "funny" stuff? Because of gods of destruction who look like they are out of Tom and Jerry? Because of love arrows and travestites? Really?

Or may it have anything to do with dbz's serious tone, fight against evil and SERIOUS looking characters ( there's a reason broly's by far the most popular non canon character ), growing stronger, breaking your limits, SERIOUS things basically?... With serious characters who look the part and a serious story who is more or less logical and straightforward. This moment Goku's 80% of Beerus, the other he's 5... The baddest guy in the universe wants pudding...

They made it a retarded teletubbies like series for 5 year old kids... Compare it to Majin Vegeta and his speech for example... And you have the guts to ask what problems???

Toriyama is an old senile man he's goodbye. He just made a mockery of the most popular and with the most devoted fans series of all time... They should all be ashamed..
Most of the "bad" things you just mentioned about DBS, isn't even bad. You just don't like it... If you also watched the first half of DB (up to 23th Tenkaichi Budokai), then you should know that all these little gag moments has always been part of the series, and was still printing money. Also I don't where were you when Majin Vegeta got clowned and failed a suicide bomb against a fat pink candy loving teletubby aka the baddest guy in the universe at the time.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Helios518 wrote:
ssj4goku1992 wrote:Lol we have Goku and Vegeta mopping floors and making the bed ... Jesus.. Are you like in some kind of religion where you feel the need to defend every imbecile aspect of it?

Do you really believe that this is the reason why DBZ was the absolute hit that it was? The anime that put Japan on the map in animated series? Because of "funny" stuff? Because of gods of destruction who look like they are out of Tom and Jerry? Because of love arrows and travestites? Really?

Or may it have anything to do with dbz's serious tone, fight against evil and SERIOUS looking characters ( there's a reason broly's by far the most popular non canon character ), growing stronger, breaking your limits, SERIOUS things basically?... With serious characters who look the part and a serious story who is more or less logical and straightforward. This moment Goku's 80% of Beerus, the other he's 5... The baddest guy in the universe wants pudding...

They made it a retarded teletubbies like series for 5 year old kids... Compare it to Majin Vegeta and his speech for example... And you have the guts to ask what problems???

Toriyama is an old senile man he's goodbye. He just made a mockery of the most popular and with the most devoted fans series of all time... They should all be ashamed..
Most of the "bad" things you just mentioned about DBS, isn't even bad. You just don't like it... If you also watched the first half of DB (up to 23th Tenkaichi Budokai), then you should know that all these little gag moments has always been part of the series, and was still printing money. Also I don't where were you when Majin Vegeta got clowned and failed a suicide bomb against a fat pink candy loving teletubby aka the baddest guy in the universe at the time.
I mean you criticize Super for not being serious when pretty much everything after episode 47 is pretty damn serious. The Black Goku arc was very serious and resulted in the entire multiverse in that timeline being completely erased. The Tournament of Power resulted in trillions and trillions of lives being lost.(Ultimately being revived thanks to 17 though)

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:18 pm

PFM18 wrote: I mean you criticize Super for not being serious when pretty much everything after episode 47 is pretty damn serious. The Black Goku arc was very serious and resulted in the entire multiverse in that timeline being completely erased. The Tournament of Power resulted in trillions and trillions of lives being lost.(Ultimately being revived thanks to 17 though)
You quoted the wrong person.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:22 pm

Helios518 wrote:
PFM18 wrote: I mean you criticize Super for not being serious when pretty much everything after episode 47 is pretty damn serious. The Black Goku arc was very serious and resulted in the entire multiverse in that timeline being completely erased. The Tournament of Power resulted in trillions and trillions of lives being lost.(Ultimately being revived thanks to 17 though)
You quoted the wrong person.
I mean I was just adding onto what you said. You quoted him and I quoted you so I thought it would kinda be clear that I was responding to him and furthering what you said. My apologies

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:29 pm

PFM18 wrote:Goku was clearly suppressed against her when he was blue and the scene was only there for an homage to Broly. The writers made it very clear he was suppressed by subtle hints of sorts.
While I'd agree with you that Kale isn't Blue-level or even God-level, your argument as phrased here is pretty self-contradictory. Clarity and obscurity are literally antonyms; if you have to infer Goku's suppression from "subtle hints of sorts" as you put it, then the observation is hardly clear at all. Even if you argue that the writer's intent wasn't to portray Kale's strength as rivaling Goku's in Super Saiyan Blue per se, the scene isn't suddenly liberated from its well-deserved criticism of causing confusion for the sake of a cheap homage.

Honestly though, that was always just an issue I've had with King Ryu's episodes in general -- his characterization is generally on-point, but the way he scripts fighting scenes has almost always left a lot to be desired in my opinion, with very few exceptions.
Last edited by Marlowe89 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssj4goku1992

Post by ssj4goku1992 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Helios518 wrote:

Db didn't print shit. It was DBZ who was the crazy success. Most of the western fans didn't even see it. Yes it was childish as fuck, it was only nice because i was also 10 at that moment. From the piccolo saga they changed the target audience to make it 12+ and more serious in the process. THEN it became a hit. People over the age of 12 don't like Tom and Jerry stuff.

You think that Ronda Rousey wore a Vegeta shirt at wrestlemania because of the funny tournament of witch baba? Really?

And to the poster who talked about Majin Vegeta and Black. Buu was the only guy fat and pink after a murderer's row of badass looking villains that's why it was interesting. Because it was a 1 time thing and he further developed into a badass looking character.

The Black arc was by far the best thing in DBS, an arc with a better idea than DBZ too, but ruined into the ground by pilaf "comedy" and trunks out of nowhere new form and power up...

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:53 pm

ssj4goku1992 wrote: Db didn't print shit. It was DBZ who was the crazy success. Most of the western fans didn't even see it. Yes it was childish as fuck, it was only nice because i was also 10 at that moment. From the piccolo saga they changed the target audience to make it 12+ and more serious in the process. THEN it became a hit. People over the age of 12 don't like Tom and Jerry stuff.

You think that Ronda Rousey wore a Vegeta shirt at wrestlemania because of the funny tournament of witch baba? Really?

And to the poster who talked about Majin Vegeta and Black. Buu was the only guy fat and pink after a murderer's row of badass looking villains that's why it was interesting. Because it was a 1 time thing and he further developed into a badass looking character.

The Black arc was by far the best thing in DBS, an arc with a better idea than DBZ too, but ruined into the ground by pilaf "comedy" and trunks out of nowhere new form and power up...
DBZ only became a hit in the Western regions, because most companies decided to skip the first half. Also if the first half wasn't even good or making good money in Japan, then there would be no 2nd half unlesss you seriously believe a manga could go on for almost 200 weeks/chapters without making money.

Quite frankly, it doesn't matter what Ronda Rousey thinks about the series. You're also assuming she hasn't watched the first half when it's possible she could've.

And Beerus isn't badass? He's a destroyer god, who destroys planets and stars just because he doesn't like a something. Unlike Zeno, he doesn't act like a child but instead a spoiled and arrogant yet still acts his age much like Freeza.

ssj4goku1992

Post by ssj4goku1992 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Helios518 wrote:
ssj4goku1992 wrote: Db didn't print shit. It was DBZ who was the crazy success. Most of the western fans didn't even see it. Yes it was childish as fuck, it was only nice because i was also 10 at that moment. From the piccolo saga they changed the target audience to make it 12+ and more serious in the process. THEN it became a hit. People over the age of 12 don't like Tom and Jerry stuff.

DBZ only became a hit in the Western regions, because most companies decided to skip the first half. Also if the first half wasn't even good or making good money in Japan, then there would be no 2nd half unlesss you seriously believe a manga could go on for almost 200 weeks/chapters without making money.

Quite frankly, it doesn't matter what Ronda Rousey thinks about the series. You're also assuming she hasn't watched the first half when it's possible she could've.

And Beerus isn't badass? He's a destroyer god, who destroys planets and stars just because he doesn't like a something. Unlike Zeno, he doesn't act like a child but instead a spoiled and arrogant being much like Freeza.
DBZ became a hit in western regions because 13+ kids and people don't like "funny gags". You want funny look at south park. Thats funny for an adult.
No, Beerus is only badass because we got used to him. People were disappointed that the new villain was a cat, back in 2013. And Zeno... My god... If an adult sees me watching DBS i need to make tons of explanation for watching such a thing... DBZ? No, lazar angelov for example and all main fitness models love it. Being adults you know... You get it?

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:17 pm

PFM18 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Timetraveller wrote:Gintama and Hero Academia have manga and are written by the manga artists themselves (I could be wrong). The dBS anime isn't based on a manga so Toei hire a bunch of writers who do their own thing resulting in disjointed writing. Toriyama doesn't do much so I'd want to see Toyotaro take over as the main writer. People complain that Toyotaro's work has too much fanservice but that's no different than what the anime tried to do anyway.
I think the best thing they could do is move Super's manga over to Weekly Jump and give Toyotarou a good head start so the anime will have source material to base things off of.
And what base the anime on Toyotaro's manga? No thanks Toyotaro is only good for art purposes.
He never be in Weekly Jump and honestly I prefer him working at Vjump and the let the anime do their thing because TBH his take on U6 and Ft trunks really pales in comparison to the anime so I'm glad the anime did their own thing,not to say Toyo should copy the anime since his take on the Top is an improvement over his previous stories,art wise and narrative wise.
Last edited by The gr on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mostly active on discord.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 pm

ssj4goku1992 wrote: DBZ became a hit in western regions because 13+ kids and people don't like "funny gags". You want funny look at south park. Thats funny for an adult.
No, Beerus is only badass because we got used to him. People were disappointed that the new villain was a cat, back in 2013. And Zeno... My god... If an adult sees me watching DBS i need to make tons of explanation for watching such a thing... DBZ? No, lazar angelov for example and all main fitness models love it. Being adults you know... You get it?
Maybe you haven't been in highschool (kids 14+) recently, but lots of people are talking about DBS. Hell, even people I know that watched DBZ only when it was back in Toonami, are talking about DBS.

Beerus has always been badass, not because we've got used to him. If you think its badass for say, Freeza to kill someone because they ignored his order, then it's no different for Beerus to do the same.

ssj4goku1992

Post by ssj4goku1992 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:24 pm

Helios518 wrote:
ssj4goku1992 wrote: DBZ became a hit in western regions because 13+ kids and people don't like "funny gags". You want funny look at south park. Thats funny for an adult.
Maybe you haven't been in highschool (kids 14+) recently, but lots of people are talking about DBS. Hell, even people I know that watched DBZ only when it was back in Toonami, are talking about DBS.

Beerus has always been badass, not because we've got used to him. If you think its badass for say, Freeza to kill someone because they ignored his order, then it's no different for Beerus to do the same.
They love it how we love it. Cause its DBZ continuation. Beerus doesnt fucking look badass and all of that pudding shit for sure aint badass and something that would appeal to an adult.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:36 pm

ssj4goku1992 wrote: They love it how we love it. Cause its DBZ continuation. Beerus doesnt fucking look badass and all of that pudding shit for sure aint badass and something that would appeal to an adult.

So a guy who can erase people wether their dead or not and defeating a Super Saiyan god is not badass.
Mostly active on discord.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:06 pm

PFM18 wrote:She isn't Blue level because she was never shown to be blue level. It really is that simple. Goku was clearly suppressed against her when he was blue and the scene was only there for an homage to Broly. The writers made it very clear he was suppressed by subtle hints of sorts. Hence why she wasn't even enough to defeat SSG and she was forced to fuse with Caulifla. If one of the components of this fusion was stronger than Blue already, then Kefla would have been much stronger than she was given the absolutely massive power boost that fusion yields.
No proof in the show to support this tho. ^

Berserker Kale was shown to be Blue level walking through the Kamehameha and then grabbing Blue Goku's face where Blue Goku couldn't even escape.
Caulifla stated Goku got stronger in their second duel, hence why SSG Goku could fight Kale later.
Jiren, Toppo, etc, acknowledges Berserker Kale in her second appearance as a threat, proving she is really Blue level again.
These are facts.
Last edited by Miracles on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssj4goku1992

Post by ssj4goku1992 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:13 pm

The gr wrote:
ssj4goku1992 wrote: They love it how we love it. Cause its DBZ continuation. Beerus doesnt fucking look badass and all of that pudding shit for sure aint badass and something that would appeal to an adult.

So a guy who can erase people wether their dead or not and defeating a Super Saiyan god is not badass.
If he would have looked like he belongs in a cartoon that can be watched by adults, yes, he would have been. If he would have looked like Broly.

But considering that DBS has characters that seem out of teletubbies.. No he isn't

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:24 pm

ssj4goku1992 wrote:
The gr wrote:

If he would have looked like he belongs in a cartoon that can be watched by adults, yes, he would have been. If he would have looked like Broly.

But considering that DBS has characters that seem out of teletubbies.. No he isn't
Ok so to be clear...you would prefer if he was a giant monstrosity with absolutely no personality? Make him just like broly?

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:27 pm

ssj4goku1992 wrote:
The gr wrote:

Dragon Ball's audience was never targeted for adults, so you should stop believing they should make things to appease adults.