Who are your favourite DBS characters?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Who are your favourite DBS characters?

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:13 pm

I thought we already had a thread about this, but I didn't find anything.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Who are your favourite DBS characters?

Post by Grimlock » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Goku Black, Cabba, Caulifla and Kafla. I wouldn't call them my favorites, but "the most interesting ones" for sure.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:17 pm

I like Goku Black the most; he's always fun to watch. Nozawa's performance was probably a big part of it, but I never even got mad when he'd just pull a new power out of his ass since the show seemed a bit self-aware about how stupid it was. They had fun writing him, they didn't play his generic personality straight like how the manga did. Hit's cool too; he's stoic without being hammy like some gray alien we all know.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:25 pm

Hit, Vados, The U6 Saiyans, Frost, Goku Black and Zamasu, Ribrianne, Future Mai, Gowasu and Toppo. I find them enjoyable and entertaining to watch.
Last edited by Spider-Man on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Kale happens to my only favorite character. The 'shy warrior" archetype is almost non-existent in Dragon Ball, so it's a treat. I also like Ribrianne but that's for different...Reasons :oops: . I guess Jiren and Vados are pretty good as well.
Feels over Reals.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Hit, Goku Black, Toppo and Katopesla. Hit and Black mainly, they've become my top 5 favorite characters in Dragon Ball with Hit at the top.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:43 pm

Champa, Vados, Auta Magetta, Hit, Frost in the ToP, Goku Black, Gowasu, Future Mai, Sanka Ku/Kakunsa, Maji Kayo, Anilaza, Basil and Lavenda, Obuni, and Toppo. Arguably 17 since he's different than he was in Z.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:34 pm

List is in order starting with My Favorite;

1.) Ribrianne/Brianne de Chateau! 8)
2.) Kakunsa/Sanka Ku!
3.) Su Roas/Rozie!
4.) Kale!
5.) Heles ~ god of destrution of Universe 2!
6.) Vikal!
7.) Jimeze!
9.) Caulifla!
10.) Toppo!

Others Include Andorid 17, Kahseral, Piccolo, U6 Namekins, Gohan, Future Mai, Future Trunks, Trio De Dangers, Hopp & Sorrel to name a few.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Toppo

Dyspo

Goku Black

M Zamasu

Champa

Vados

Belmod

Marcarita

Rou

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Beerus (and Whis) - Very interesting addition to Dragon Ball's lore. A fun character that could be less annoying with this whole love for food schtick he's got going on with Whis. It becomes real stale, real fast. Nonetheless, I love these two, especially Whis with his Voice Actor. Whis' VA sounds so majestic to me, as well as his appearance.

Champa (and Vados) - These two have a very funny relationship, especially with Vados' sassy remarks at Champa. As well as Champa's brotherly relationship with Beerus. They should play more with these two characters' relationship rather than their love for food.

Toppo - I fucking love this guy's design. His VA makes him sound badass with his goofy design. It reminds me so much of Dragon Ball. Wonder if the tournament could've been much better if he was the main antagonist instead of Jiren.

Caulifla (and Kefla) - Love her punk personality. Was great to see a female super saiyan for the first time. Her VA made her sound cool and cocky. Would love to see more of her in the future. Would love to see the U6 Saiyans be apart of the main cast of Z Fighters. Would love to see more than just Goku and Vegeta striving to increase their strength. I wish they had different transformations instead of Super Saiyans to make them more distinct.

Magetta - A gag that really works. His character is such a delight throughout the ToP with his sensitive ego. Would love to see a U6 Arc where Vegeta visits his planet and mocks all of them and the whole metalmen race starts to bawl like babies.

Rozie - The only one of the Kamikaze Fireballs I enjoyed a lot. I did enjoy Ribrianne and Kakunsa, but Rozie is my most favorite between them all. She's just so damn cute and I love her fighting style.

Jaco - Really cool and funny looking guy. As well as awkward around the cast. I wish became a more prominent character throughout the other arcs. Kinda wonder if he would've been cooler to see in the ToP as opposed to one of the Earthlings. Kinda want someone fresh and new for the Z Fighters instead of the same old same old.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:54 pm

(Not counting with Beerus/Whis) Mine is:

1) Caulifla
2) Goku Black/Zamasu
3) Hit
4) Toppo
5) Belmod (manga)

Honorable mentions: Champa, Zeno, Future Mai, Gowasu, Kale, Katopesla and Jiren.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:00 pm

(Not counting Beerus and Whis):

Hit and Goku Black. Only reason I don't say Zamasu is because I didn't really like Merged Zamasu. And Vados

Honorable mention: Marcarita. Only reason I don't say favorite is because we didn't get much of her at all...

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:53 pm

Whis, Hit, Cabba, Goku Black, Jiren, Kale, Caulifla, Kefla, Android 17 (yeah he was originally Z but was such a boss in the ToP)

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:05 pm

Beerus, Whis, Zeno, and Hit.

I dont really dislike any Super characters besides Jiren, but these are my top favorites. If we count returning characters add Vegeta, 17, and Frieza to that list.

Btw its really not just because they're the among the strongest beings! Beerus is great and hilarious because of his overly serious attitude towards everything and because he is just this sleepy guy. Whis is great because he's so obsessed with food and is so laid back. Both I think are really funny and fun to watch.

Zeno is just hilarious to me, in a good way. This little football head is the most feared in the universe! His random state-the-obvious 4th-wall-breaking commentary tends to get a chuckle out of me.

Hit I like because he's so stereotypically "cool" and "aloof" and I think he made a good rival to Goku and his time skip is awesome.

Tl;Dr excluding hit, these are my favorites because they run with the overarching joke of the strongest beings being silly over the top goofballs in DBS - instead of the common fan trope of big buff serious badass beings. It just works and their dialogue is great.

Asura

Post by Asura » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:42 pm

Beerus and Caulifla are the most interesting characters to me, and I think they're the Super characters that have left the biggest mark on the franchise (aside from Black) since their debut.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Exline wrote:
Rozie - The only one of the Kamikaze Fireballs I enjoyed a lot. I did enjoy Ribrianne and Kakunsa, but Rozie is my most favorite between them all. She's just so damn cute and I love her fighting style.
I forgot to add Rozie in my list and agreed she's so cute, I like her design and had a cool fighting style, wish she had more screentime.
Last edited by Spider-Man on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:02 pm

Not counting Beerus and Whis, my favourites are Caulifla, Hit, Toppo and Goku Black.

There are a couple other characters I like conceptually but not enough to call favourites for various reasons and those are Champa, Zeno, Future Mai, Jiren, Ribrianne, Bergamo, Kale and Katopesla.

There were very few characters I dislike, but at the same time not as many that left their mark, especially considering how many were introduced.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:38 am

Zamasu. The most unique, creative and original villain in the series. The only true villain born in Super. I adore Zamasu because of his complex and deep personality, his elaborate and well-thought motivations, and his design that truly stands out from the crowd (unlike the boring and unoriginal Jiren the Gray). They also devoted a lot of episodes to explaining Zamasu's backstory, showing people how and why he became the ominous being known as 'Goku Black' by the common mortals. They didn't just throw a boring 2 minutes flashback like they did for Jiren the Gray. I also love Zamasu because he is the most successful villain in all of Dragon Ball, having been able to achieve unimaginable feats such as:

- Gather the Super Dragon Balls, which are massive planet-sized orbs scattered across the entirety of Universe 6 and Universe 7;
- Achieve immortality, something Vegeta and Frieza failed utterly to achieve;
- Steal Goku's body. He didn't just kill Goku, he stole his body and twisted the hero's memory by using it to destroy civilizations. And the obviously he killed the Goku who had lost his body;
- Destroy countless civilizations of different planets, to the point that it is heavily implied that Earth was the last remaining planet defiant against Zamasu;
- Crush utterly the heroes twice, forcing them to flee cowardly from the battlefield to survive;
- Merge with the very fabric of the Universe and transcending time and space, all the while turning Earth into a desolate wasteland ---- all of this achieved in the span of a few seconds.

The fact that it took the King of All himself to defeat this being -- and that he needed to erase the entire Multiverse to do -- says a lot about this villain. Seriously, how can ANY future villain in Dragon Ball top Zamasu in terms of feats and power?!

My favourite incarnation of Zamasu between all of them is Fused Zamasu, because I am quite fond of his original design (both the Halo and Grotesque forms), creative and beautiful techniques, and just insane, deranged and unhinged personality.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:41 am

Zamasu: Before he devolved into a murderous amoral narcissistic sociopath. I thought he brought up some impressively valid concerns about the nature of humanity, the Kaioshins' traditionalist obligations, and the squandering of the precious resources given to ningen. What I wish the story directors could have done was make Zamasu less of an ear-to-ear gleeful mass murderer and more of an introspective solemn executioner who despises the lethality and gruesomeness of his actions but is carrying them out for his misguided ideals of justice. Give his ambitions more dimension and nuance by having him elaborate on the kind of world he aspires to create -- perhaps with certain species whom he monitored like the Namekians and the Yardratians, he puts them aside as special exceptions due to the relatively stable and productive nature of their societies. Although, one condition for the Namekians would be that they have to relinquish ownership of their Dragon Balls; Zamasu being a firm believer when it comes to the idea of natural order in life & death (conveniently omitted for himself as he believes that his presence is necessary for the new system to come about and be enforced). To Zamasu, the deaths of all these people would be a haunting image that's etched into his heart and mind. It wouldn't be personal for him and he would aspire to make it as painless as possible while assuring that their place in the afterlife will not be rescinded (another interesting exploration of Zamasu's greater picture for the universe).

When it comes time to fight the Z-warriors, his resentment should be focused more on the volatile nature of mortaldom and less on his ego. Goku and Vegeta, whimfully violate the natural order by persistently using the mystical Dragon Balls to clean up messes, usually facilitated in some manner by their own actions. Have Zamasu recognise the savagery of his conduct, but don't allow him to forego his grievances -- you've got an incompetent galactic monarchy who buckles under the weight of interplanetary menaces, the fate of everything is in the hands of two Saiyans who sybaritically jeopardise the universe's future for their own desires, the power of gods is just haphazardly given out and handled without heed for the potential ramifications that this recklessness could have, the flow of time has been torn apart with multiple frayed lines of existence having come to be, gods are turning a blind eye to blatant infractions being perpetrated right in front of their eyes because they show interest only in their own gain, ect. Goku and Vegeta might end up winning the battle, but it won't negate the very real, very candid actuality of these fundamental defects in the universe's machine. In a way, Zamasu would win the war because he was right about the nature of humanity and the protagonists' flawed whimful inability to recognise it or do anything about it.

Hit: Original fighting style with an interesting premise for technique execution. Yes, he represents the generic cold, evasive and stoic "bad@", but the other attributes he has and his profession give some meaningful genuity to itself that make it sort of fresh. It's not like with Jiren where the only thing he has going for him is a spandex suit, a poorly constructed backstory, some overwhelming power and a kiai glare. One thing that I don't like about Hit is this "honour amongst thieves or assassins" idea when it comes to his job. I wish he would be more honest about his criminality and the hardness of heart it requires to kill people like he does.

Cabba: The only new Saiyan whom I like. It's not because of his overwhelming power or flashy transformations either. He distinguishes himself by having the maturity to recognise his own limitations. Unlike certain Saiyans, he doesn't flaunt his strength or allow it to cloud his judgement against an opponent. Cabba is respectful, unassuming, and sincere. I like those traits in a person.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:12 am

Whis followed closely by beerus,then hit,anime black,darcori only her abilities.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball