Super's Ending would be ...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Germany

Super's Ending would be ...

Post by Cetra » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:17 pm

... an excellent opportunity for a proper Dragon Ball GT remake, don't you think? The universes are back and they got to know them and of course Goku being Goku is all horny about fighting those people again, especially Jiren. What would be a better "Grand Tour" than chasing the Ultimate Dragon Balls through ALL universes? And in the mean time they can visit Planet Sadala, see those guys again, find out about other planets and civilisations while searching the Balls. et cetera, find out about the Tsufurujin, have a properly brainwashed and obviously really powerful 17 that is used for Super 17 as well as the Shadow Dragons which really now with Super whole universes demand a proper Genkidama of grand scale never seen before.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by PFM18 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Cetra wrote:... an excellent opportunity for a proper Dragon Ball GT remake, don't you think? The universes are back and they got to know them and of course Goku being Goku is all horny about fighting those people again, especially Jiren. What would be a better "Grand Tour" than chasing the Ultimate Dragon Balls through ALL universes? And in the mean time they can visit Planet Sadala, see those guys again, find out about other planets and civilisations while searching the Balls. et cetera, find out about the Tsufurujin, have a properly brainwashed and obviously really powerful 17 that is used for Super 17 as well as the Shadow Dragons which really now with Super whole universes demand a proper Genkidama of grand scale never seen before.
That actually sounds amazing. You could put a better spin on all of the GT concepts with the new lore/characters that was presented from Super. But the only thing is, what reason would they have to go searching for the Super Dragonballs other than for Goku to fight strong people along the way?

Would this remake include having Super Saiyan 4?

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by Cetra » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:17 pm

Not the Super Dragon Balls. The Ultimate Dragon Balls. Also known as the Black Star Dragon Balls. The entire concept of those Dragon Balls would also be somewhat rewritten but this whole "Goku you are going to look for them, stop saying crap like we can still move to another planet" thing would stay, just that Goku would not just get to know new people would would also see all those familiar faces again. And in the end they could ALL defeat Super Yi Xing Long. Imagine Goku forming a Universal Spirit Bomb with people from the old GT planets but also with scenes where Jiren, Hit, Cabba, Kale, Caulifla and all those other freaks hold their hands up. Anyway, I think with Super element and all GT could be a true ultimate Grand Tour, the core would be the same but a lot would be rewritten, some more or less than others, or expanded upon.

And yes, Super Saiyajin 4. They could even explain red fur through Super Saiyajin God influence or whatever. This is Dragon Ball. The possibilities are endless.

I am still convinced to this day if Toei would approach Toriyama-san he would have no problem to work with them on something GT-related, whether it is a mere connection or a remake or whatever. Just as they respect him he several times has shown his respect towards the staff as well. And with Toyble, a guy who passionately made a GT continuation they even have dedicated new blood with them.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

User avatar
Saturnine
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:45 am

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Cetra wrote:Not the Super Dragon Balls. The Ultimate Dragon Balls. Also known as the Black Star Dragon Balls. The entire concept of those Dragon Balls would also be somewhat rewritten but this whole "Goku you are going to look for them, stop saying crap like we can still move to another planet" thing would stay, just that Goku would not just get to know new people would would also see all those familiar faces again. And in the end they could ALL defeat Super Yi Xing Long. Imagine Goku forming a Universal Spirit Bomb with people from the old GT planets but also with scenes where Jiren, Hit, Cabba, Kale, Caulifla and all those other freaks hold their hands up. Anyway, I think with Super element and all GT could be a true ultimate Grand Tour, the core would be the same but a lot would be rewritten, some more or less than others, or expanded upon.
Omega Shenron's being so strong while originating from Earth's Dragonballs couldn't even be reconciled in GT proper, much less in this thing you're proposing here. I see no plausible way to write Omega Shenron as being stronger than someone like Jiren.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5747
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Cetra wrote:... an excellent opportunity for a proper Dragon Ball GT remake, don't you think? The universes are back and they got to know them and of course Goku being Goku is all horny about fighting those people again, especially Jiren. What would be a better "Grand Tour" than chasing the Ultimate Dragon Balls through ALL universes? And in the mean time they can visit Planet Sadala, see those guys again, find out about other planets and civilisations while searching the Balls. et cetera, find out about the Tsufurujin,
Up until here is okay. Mainly the Tsufurujins part, which is something Dragon Ball Super should have already delved into. Mix it with Dragon Ball Online lore here and there (before going fully into it) and we're all set.

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by Cetra » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Cetra wrote:... an excellent opportunity for a proper Dragon Ball GT remake, don't you think? The universes are back and they got to know them and of course Goku being Goku is all horny about fighting those people again, especially Jiren. What would be a better "Grand Tour" than chasing the Ultimate Dragon Balls through ALL universes? And in the mean time they can visit Planet Sadala, see those guys again, find out about other planets and civilisations while searching the Balls. et cetera, find out about the Tsufurujin,
Up until here is okay. Mainly the Tsufurujins part, which is something Dragon Ball Super should have already delved into. Mix it with Dragon Ball Online lore here and there (before going fully into it) and we're all set.
Didn't you like the Shadow Dragons?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5747
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:47 pm

Cetra wrote:Didn't you like the Shadow Dragons?
The concept? Yes. Its execution, characters' acting and designs? No.

Super 17 is also a bad idea. But If I want to see more of him, I can go to Dragon Ball Heroes to see what Dimps can do with him and what kind of forms they can give him.
Last edited by Grimlock on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by Cetra » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Cetra wrote:Didn't you like the Shadow Dragons?
The concept? Yes. Its execution, characters' acting and designs? No.
But then a remake would be perfect for them?
Super 17 is also a bad idea. But If I want to see more of him, I can go to Dragon Ball Heroes to see what Dimps can do with him and what kind of forms they can give him.
It could be an incredible character arc full of tragedy. We would see 17s family and they have to witness him being influenced by the doctors, then being used for the fusion, then dying. And in the meantime one could even throw in the whole 17, 18 backstory how they were kidnapped and cyborgified. It all would be more dramatic and tragic from all angles.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5747
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Cetra wrote:It could be an incredible character arc full of tragedy. We would see 17s family and they have to witness him being influenced by the doctors, then being used for the fusion, then dying. And in the meantime one could even throw in the whole 17, 18 backstory how they were kidnapped and cyborgified. It all would be more dramatic and tragic from all angles.
Then you already got me interested. :) Another more serious/tragedy story is always welcome. But only if they finally speak out loud their names, Lapis and Lazuli as well (joking... but no joking, really).
Last edited by Grimlock on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by Cetra » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:57 pm

Grimlock wrote:Probably. After what Toei did with the retelling the movies, I don't put much faith in them remaking something.

But if they somehow manage to improve the design of the dragons, their personalities, to provide a nice storytelling, and not giving Goku too much screentime and making him doing all the stuff (like only him defeating the dragons), I would certainly and happily give another chance.
I added something to my post about 17.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Cetra wrote:Not the Super Dragon Balls. The Ultimate Dragon Balls. Also known as the Black Star Dragon Balls. The entire concept of those Dragon Balls would also be somewhat rewritten but this whole "Goku you are going to look for them, stop saying crap like we can still move to another planet" thing would stay, just that Goku would not just get to know new people would would also see all those familiar faces again. And in the end they could ALL defeat Super Yi Xing Long. Imagine Goku forming a Universal Spirit Bomb with people from the old GT planets but also with scenes where Jiren, Hit, Cabba, Kale, Caulifla and all those other freaks hold their hands up. Anyway, I think with Super element and all GT could be a true ultimate Grand Tour, the core would be the same but a lot would be rewritten, some more or less than others, or expanded upon.

And yes, Super Saiyajin 4. They could even explain red fur through Super Saiyajin God influence or whatever. This is Dragon Ball. The possibilities are endless.

I am still convinced to this day if Toei would approach Toriyama-san he would have no problem to work with them on something GT-related, whether it is a mere connection or a remake or whatever. Just as they respect him he several times has shown his respect towards the staff as well. And with Toyble, a guy who passionately made a GT continuation they even have dedicated new blood with them.
Doesn’t make sense. The SDBs can do anything. Nothing can top that. Why would Zalama even make another set of Dragon Balls?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
FutureTrunks
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:16 pm
Location: New York

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by FutureTrunks » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:51 pm

This sounds like an amazing idea!
-Mark

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:39 am

Cetra wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Cetra wrote:... an excellent opportunity for a proper Dragon Ball GT remake, don't you think? The universes are back and they got to know them and of course Goku being Goku is all horny about fighting those people again, especially Jiren. What would be a better "Grand Tour" than chasing the Ultimate Dragon Balls through ALL universes? And in the mean time they can visit Planet Sadala, see those guys again, find out about other planets and civilisations while searching the Balls. et cetera, find out about the Tsufurujin,
Up until here is okay. Mainly the Tsufurujins part, which is something Dragon Ball Super should have already delved into. Mix it with Dragon Ball Online lore here and there (before going fully into it) and we're all set.
Didn't you like the Shadow Dragons?
I know you didn't mean me but just to answer this anyway lol

Not really, they were awful. They felt like cheesy villains of the week from an 80s American Cartoon. GT in general is vomit worthy aside from Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Gogeta.

Also how do you make the black star balls more powerful than Super Dragon Balls. Lol
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by PFM18 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:05 pm

Why bring another set of Dragon Balls randomly out of nowhere. I mean we already have Earth's DBs, Namek's DBs, and the Super Dragonballs. And the whole idea of another set of Dragonballs being on Earth while never being mentioned makes no sense. And the bit about using them blowing up the Earth also makes no sense. What would be the point of using those ones when you could use the normal ones?

Also the idea of the Shadow Dragons being stronger than Beerus and Jiren doesn't sit well with me. It doesn't make much sense. I would prefer if much later in the story you had that happen with the Shadow Dragons but make them not that strong by modern DB Super standards. Don't make them that strong and make it a problem for Goten, Trunks, Pan, Bra, and Uub to handle. This would be after the EoZ and take place around the time that GT took place

User avatar
Venus
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by Venus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:24 pm

I like the concept, but without the Black Star Dragon Balls, lets say something terrible occured yes, and Goku and Co. need to gather the Super Dragon Balls, the catch would be, they are scattered in the multiverse now.

User avatar
Logania
Regular
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:47 am

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by Logania » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:39 pm

I would like that a lot. Anything to bring GT back into the series.

If for some reason the story involves searching the multiverse for the Super Dragon Balls (Black Star, whatever the plot is using) I would like it not to be just Goku and friends going to every universe to find them, but each universe's characters going to find one of the Dragon Balls located their respective universe. It'll build the characters and flesh the universes well and focus on them without it being too forced imo.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

User avatar
MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 808
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:41 am

That would be fascinating to see. Such concepts like Baby, the Shadow Dragons, and maybe even Super Saiyan 4 be re-implemented and retconned to some extent.

Either way, I do feel a "Grand Tour" of the 12 Universes would be very fun

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:07 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:That would be fascinating to see. Such concepts like Baby, the Shadow Dragons, and maybe even Super Saiyan 4 be re-implemented and retconned to some extent.

Either way, I do feel a "Grand Tour" of the 12 Universes would be very fun
yeah there is nothing "Grand" about GT so they could make the ideas into something that is actually worth watching.

Only issue is how they would go about making Baby or the shadow Dragons strong enough to compete? It would make no sense for them to be able to compete with Goku and Vegeta as it stands right now. They should make them a fair amount weaker than they are in GT but have Goten,Trunks, Pan, Bra and Uub take care of them instead of Goku and Vegeta curbstomping them. Make up some kind of excuse for why Goku,Gohan, Vegeta, and Piccolo can't get involved to create tension. Things of that nature.

User avatar
MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 808
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Super's Ending would be ...

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:48 am

PFM18 wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:That would be fascinating to see. Such concepts like Baby, the Shadow Dragons, and maybe even Super Saiyan 4 be re-implemented and retconned to some extent.

Either way, I do feel a "Grand Tour" of the 12 Universes would be very fun
yeah there is nothing "Grand" about GT so they could make the ideas into something that is actually worth watching.

Only issue is how they would go about making Baby or the shadow Dragons strong enough to compete? It would make no sense for them to be able to compete with Goku and Vegeta as it stands right now. They should make them a fair amount weaker than they are in GT but have Goten,Trunks, Pan, Bra and Uub take care of them instead of Goku and Vegeta curbstomping them. Make up some kind of excuse for why Goku,Gohan, Vegeta, and Piccolo can't get involved to create tension. Things of that nature.
If they're starting fresh, and do like they did with Kale to somewhat give us Broly, they can make them as strong as they need be for the story. And if it's a threat to every universe, I could definitely see the others getting involved, including characters from those respective universes that we met in the ToP

Post Reply