i'm not pissed about super's powerlevels

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

buutenks
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:42 am

Re: i'm not pissed about super's powerlevels

Post by buutenks » Fri May 18, 2018 11:40 am

Well i started ignoring the Super PL inconsistency back when ep 57 aired. Super is an anime best watched without thinking to much about it. If you try to analise and stuff, u will start hating it for causing u so much trouble.

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: i'm not pissed about super's powerlevels

Post by PFM18 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:44 am

buutenks wrote:Well i started ignoring the Super PL inconsistency back when ep 57 aired. Super is an anime best watched without thinking to much about it. If you try to analise and stuff, u will start hating it for causing u so much trouble.
What was so egregious about episode 57?

buutenks
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:42 am

Re: i'm not pissed about super's powerlevels

Post by buutenks » Fri May 18, 2018 11:49 am

PFM18 wrote:
buutenks wrote:Well i started ignoring the Super PL inconsistency back when ep 57 aired. Super is an anime best watched without thinking to much about it. If you try to analise and stuff, u will start hating it for causing u so much trouble.
What was so egregious about episode 57?
Goku n Trunks vs Black and Zamasu was very awesome to watch for me.

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1351
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: i'm not pissed about super's powerlevels

Post by Kataphrut » Sun May 20, 2018 12:27 am

buutenks wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
buutenks wrote:Well i started ignoring the Super PL inconsistency back when ep 57 aired. Super is an anime best watched without thinking to much about it. If you try to analise and stuff, u will start hating it for causing u so much trouble.
What was so egregious about episode 57?
Goku n Trunks vs Black and Zamasu was very awesome to watch for me.
You've hit the nail on the head with that. If sacrificing a bit of rigid adherence to power levels is the price to pay for varied and engaging fight choreography, then I'm all for it.

I mean, I feel like a lot of the gripes about power scaling in Super is overblown to begin with, it never worried me. But you know, it's nice to have more fights where it feels like the outcome could go either way. There wasn't enough of that in DBZ, most of the fights were won before they started.

Post Reply