How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
CJStriker_CBR
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1548
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:18 pm

It is often a questions I ask myself and I find other fans asking to at times;

Fans debate on how the Universes, including U7 and how their teams where formed, who was on them and what their themes where. Some examples like Fans wanting Majin Buu or Future Trunks to be on U7, to members of some teams seeming to be more fitting to be on other teams, to just whole new idea and character and themes for each universe itself.

So really that is the topic of this Thread.

If you had creative control over Super and the ToP, what teams would you have changed around their members, or added others that you thought should be apart of the teams or Kai's that would make more sense being in one universe and not the one they where in and so on.

Really this is Free creative chooses you would do to change around the teams and universes that you like too, So have creative Fun with this! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:05 am

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by TysonWine » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Replace Tien with Majin Buu. That's the only change I would make. When Goku brings up Tien, have Beerus ask about his strength and after learning that he's roughly as strong as Krillin, go on one of his rants about how pathetic earth is and that there's no way he'll allow anymore earthlings on the team. That rant leads to the Frieza rant, given Goku the idea of adding Frieza as the 10th and final member.

Not too interested in having Goten and Trunks fight. They inevitably fuse and their arrogance costs them. Krillin and Roshi if done right are far more interesting in a battle royal setting then Goten and Trunks would be.

As for the other universes, I don't see a need to swap anybody. What I would do is make the other universes stronger across the board. I just might weaken/replace Jiren. Maybe siphon his power to his teammates as they could sure use it. I just wanted the tournament to be competitive with good fight choreography.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:06 pm

The ace of each universe would atleast be as strong as ssg goku coming into the tournament.

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by Doctor. » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:20 pm

I think the teams themselves are fine. What needs work is how the characters are utilized. Give them more personality and backstory, match them up in fights with characters that will complement their own abilities and personality. Boost their power so they can serve as a challenge for Goku & co.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7826
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Doctor. wrote:I think the teams themselves are fine. What needs work is how the characters are utilized. Give them more personality and backstory, match them up in fights with characters that will complement their own abilities and personality. Boost their power so they can serve as a challenge for Goku & co.
Creating a tier list to lump people together would help. This alone should give a fairly good idea for the author and then the audience to know how strong people are in relation to one another so no Ribriane level nonsense shows up.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
SupremeKai25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:27 pm

I would have changed the miserable Universe 10's Team to include Goku Black. Obviously, I don't know how I would justify his return, since he was erased from existence, but it could possibly involve the Black of an unseen timeline. Regardless, imagine the possibilities and potential of having Black participate in the so-called Tournament of Power. Having him face snakes the likes of Frieza, who embodies every negative trait of mortals. Or perhaps Black could have found a temporary ally in Toppo of Universe 11, a warrior who fights for justice and peace just like Black does. A confrontation between Black and Jiren would have also been fascinating, with Black possibly unlocking Ultra Instinct, or perhaps an even greater level altogether. I don't know, I think that Jiren would initially have the upper-hand on Black, but we saw how broken Black's Zenkai Boosts were, and just getting overpowered for a moment allowed him to expand his power greatly. I admit that Black would be pretty OP in the Tournament, with his unique Zenkai Boosts that allow him to grow stronger every time he feels pain, or with his ability to turn his great anger into devastating power. Imagine if he used his so-called 'The Work of Gods' technique, which allowed him to tear rifts into reality and summon an endless stream of clones able to regenerate endlessly. That would truly be a great weapon for Universe 10.

I am pretty sure that Black would be allowed to participate as long as Gowasu kept his identity a secret, since most people would just think that he is a unique Saiyan found in Universe 10 and not an actual God inhabiting a mortal's body. As for Gowasu... I think he would find it difficult to trust Black after everything he did. But we had Goku and Frieza fight side by side against all odds and emerge victorious with perfect teamwork, so clearly everything is possible. Truthfully, the main problem, as I said, is that Black was erased from existence, so how would he come back? Well, if I had creative control over Super, I would just make up a quick explanation to justify his return, since I would be able to write anything I wanted. And I am certain that a very weak explanation for his return would be worth the thousands of fans who would be pleased by the return of a fan-favourite the likes of Black. Not only because he would give Universe 10 a much-needed trump card and brought creative and unique techniques into the fold, but also because his interactions with characters the likes of Frieza, Jiren, Toppo and his own teammates would be quite interesting. Lastly, Black would be forced to work with mortals for survival so he would have a lot of character development as on one side he would feel compelled to backstab them since they are filthy mortals, and on the other side he would understand the gravity of the situation and would be willing to put aside his hatred for the survival of the beautiful world.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Light of Divine Justice! Strike at me now! A cowering God who appeases evil can never prevail!"

Zamasu/Fused Zamasu fan.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4352
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:29 pm

Increase most characters power so it is more about skill.

Replace 17 and 18 with Buu and Yamcha. These 2 should be fighting before 17 and 18 who don't care about fighting and didn't want to participate.

Maybe put Jimeze in Universe 6's team instead.

User avatar
Ziegander
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by Ziegander » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Let's say for Universe 7 we definitely get Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, Buu, and Krillin. That leaves us 4 spots to fill. Goku had to manipulate Tien, Roshi and 18 into joining and despite 17 being amazing in the tourney had absolutely no reason or motivation to enter.

We know Yamcha wanted to join and Goten and Trunks would have liked to join had they been told about it. So, maybe we give a spot to Yamcha, he's eager, he's been secretly training, sure. Goten and Trunks don't even know the tournament exists, so they don't come along. That leaves us 3 spots to fill.

Let's assume we end up with 1 empty and Goku decides to go recruit Frieza. Who can we fill the other spots with before that? Everyone (myself in the past) suggests moving Jimeze to Universe 6, but what if Goku says he knows a Yardrat fighter from when they taught him instant transmission? And boom, now we've got a new Z Fighter!

Then perhaps Jaco?

Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, Buu, Krillin, Yamcha, Jaco, Jimeze, and Frieza. That's a super varied team. I like it!
I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
2
, and here's Ch.
3!

User avatar
Saiga
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8280
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Space Australia

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by Saiga » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:08 pm

I don't see a problem with 17 and 18 fighting. Despite how they were portrayed, they should have no issue fighting in the tournament when their existence is on the line. I'd just remove any references characters have to not caring if they get erased because that was just weird.

I'd drop Roshi straight up, having him come out of retirement goes against his nice character arc in the original and it just feels so shallow trying to give him awesome moments. Not every character needs that.

Boo being added is a must, it is really frustrating how Super has refused to use him. The same goes for Goten and Trunks - the excuses the show presented fall completely flat, they're way too valuable to leave out even without fusion. I could actually see a justification in Goku/Vegeta not wanting to expose children to something as heavy as a universe erasing tournament, but it'd be better just to have them in and actually made some use of them.

As for who I'd cut - two of Kuririn, Tenshinhan, Freeza or 17. Cutting the humans keeps the Universe 7 team's power much closer together which makes it easier to create challanges in the other universes without as much contrivance, however I think Freeza returning was a terrible idea and would like for the series to have stopped using him. So if Freeza is dropped, it would be either Ten or 17 to go. It'd be easy to cut 17 on the grounds that he's not in contact with the cast or wasn't thought of, but I think it makes more sense for the characters to include him and it'd be neat to see him again (without the pandering that happened in the anime).

If it wasn't possible to drop Freeza I'd just cut the humans.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

User avatar
Exline
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by Exline » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:29 pm

This is what I had meant to ask in my previous thread about what do you wish was done differently. I should've encouraged more creativity like you're doing with this one.

If I had creative control over the TOP, there are some things I would've changed.


The Dragon Team - It should've been everyone in the main cast. We should've just left it with: Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Goten, Trunks, Majin Buu, Krillin, Android 18 and Frieza. No need to bring back old news like Android 17, Tien, Yamcha, and Roshi. Some can get a pass but these guys shouldn't. I feel they should only cameo in an episode or something. I don't like how they just show up for parties, and I also hate how they keep coming back only to be used for memes. it seems rather odd based on their characters (except for Yamcha, who is familiar with the cast and is easy going). They need to move on and do their own thing.

I included Goten and Trunks because these characters are the future. They are excluded because their immature and inexperienced, but this tournament is the perfect opportunity for that. Their universe is on the line. I don't see how this is different with the Majin Buu situation when Buu can literally destroy planets with the flick of his wrist. I don't understand how a Tournament of Survival is any different. I also love these two's chemistry. Their hilarious and I want to see more of it.

Majin Buu was included due to many things he could do. He is invincible, he can heal others, he can literally turn everyone into candy (this might be against the rules if he eats them). This guy is a huge powerhouse for this team. It would have also been interesting to have another in-obedient fighter on the team. Of course he won't listen to no one but Mr. Satan and he would go on and do his own thing.

I removed Tien and Roshi for the reason stated above. I did enjoy 17's being part of the tournament, but I'm starting to realize that bringing back old characters like this is just taking steps back. Bringing back old fan-favorites like him who did not get enough time in their respective arc is great and all, but then it feels like we're not really progressing at the same time. It also feels like a marketing ploy because they always need to take something from Z and bring it back into Super, like the Kaioken. 17 is going to be the reason why probably more characters from Z's past will return. I don't want that to happen. I want us to keep moving forward with new characters like Hit, Auta Magetta, etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Idea I had in mind. Create Categories for where fighters can be identified by their power levels. This will allow us to better understand who is weak and who is not. The TOP in the anime made it seem as if the whole cast was holding back and everyone else was weak. I think it could have been something like this:

A Tier (SSB Level) - Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Hit, Jiren
B Tier (SSG Level) - Gohan, Anilaza*, Kefla*, Toppo, Dyspo,
C Tier (SS3 Level) - Majin Buu, Gotenks*, Kale,
D Tier (SSJ2 Level) - Cabba, Caulifla, Auta Magetta, Saonel, Pirina, Frost, Murichim
E Tier (SSJ Level) - Piccolo, A18, Goten, Trunks, Ribrianne, Kakunsa, Rozie, Zarbuto, Botamo, Basil, Lavender, Bergamo, Napapa
F Tier (Base Goku) - Krillin, Dr. Rota Everyone Else

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Universe Order of Elimination:

Universe 9 - U9 targets U7 out of spite. Each U7 Member gets a chance to shine. Goku and Gohan are targeted by the Trio De Dangers. Both father and son finally get a proper chance to fight together.
(Universe 7 defeats Universe 9)

Universe 10 - U10 targets Universe 6. Each member of U6 gets to fight. Cabba shows some new techniques, hints of his training Post-Champa Arc. Kale goes berserk after fighting Goku and is provoked by U10. Kale defeats the remaining U10 warriors, leading to their universe's elimination.
(Universe 6 defeats Universe 10)

Universe 3 - After two universes being completely wiped, U3 emerges from hiding and prepares to deal with the remaining fighters. They realize they made a mistake coming out of hiding too early and end up losing several fighters. Anilaza appears much earlier due to desperation. U11 decides to take care of it. The Pride Troopers demonstrate excellent Team work and defeat Anilaza. (Universe 11 defeats Universe 3)

Universe 2 - By this point in the tournament, U2 has lost most of their fighters. The Kamikaze Fireballs are all that remain. Their team cheers them on to survive till the end. Ribrianne challenges 18. Krillin (Yes in my version Krillin lasts longer!) comes in to help. Ribrianne challenges 18 and Krillin's ideas of love. Krillin is eliminated by the Kamikaze Fireballs and 18 avenges him by defeating them single handedly.

Universe 6 - After so many universes are erased. Universe 6 and Universe 7 and Universe 11 begin to duke it out against each other. Only one Universe will survive so they cannot resort to teaming up with each other. U6 would lose to the 3 way fight because their ace, Hit, had been long gone.

Universe 4 - They would last longer than U6 due to hiding and being more quiet. Gamisaras and Damon would be the only two remaining at this point. They would go on to defeat 18. Luckily U7 defeats them with some sort of strategy that doesn't involve shaking the ground.

Universe 11 - Universe 11 at this point would have their top 3; Jiren, Toppo, and Dyspo. Dyspo would battle against Gohan. He would struggle for a bit until Goten, who has been searching for them frantically arrives to help out his big bro. Goten and Gohan do a Family Kamehameha on Dyspo and defeat him. Frieza would be fighting against Toppo. Toppo would be revolted by his extreme evil nature. Toppo goes Hakai and defeats Frieza. Frieza is knocked out cold like in the anime. Toppo would then challenge Gohan and Goten. Jiren fights against Vegeta whilst Goku idly watches, waiting for his turn. Vegeta is able to do well against Jiren, proving to Goku he's become much stronger with his SSB form than he has. He claims he doesn't need UI. Jiren then goes full power against Vegeta and destroys him. Goku then decides to give Jiren a fight. Gohan and Goten struggle to battle against Toppo. Toppo easily overpowers both of them and nearly eliminates them.

Vegeta awakes from being humiliated from Jiren and gets a rage boost. He decides to go after Jiren whilst Goku is fighting with him already. Toppo, as leader, attempts to protect Jiren. Vegeta then challenges Toppo. Their fight is very close. Their power levels aren't too far off from each other. Vegeta resorts to using all his power to defeat Toppo. Vegeta then passes out. Gohan and Goten attempt to help Goku, who is struggling to get hits on Jiren. They do another Family Kamehameha, this time with Goku.

Jiren disposes of Goten and Gohan easily. This triggers Goku as he fears his universe's erasure at the hands of Jiren. He decides to calm down and is able to activate UI. The two fight on par. The fight goes similar to the anime except 17 is replaced with Vegeta. Vegeta is the winner of the tournament instead.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elimination Order for U7

1st. Majin Buu - Reason? - He is disobedient and is not a warrior. He does not pay too much attention. I feel he would've been a great way to slowly gauge how strong Jiren is by defeating Buu with relative ease. And who says the 1st warrior to go has to be the weakest? That's awfully predictable. Also U7 loses their healer. Jiren defeating Majin Buu attracts U7's attention to U11.
(Majin Buu eliminated by Jiren)

2nd. Piccolo - Reason? - He would do the shit he always does and sacrifices himself for Gohan. He would lose to Saonel and Pirina after his Special Beam Cannon fails to have any effect on them. Gohan would have to resort to his Ultimate Form to defeat them single handedly. Piccolo's loss against the namekians could drive him to strive for greater strength.
(Piccolo eliminated by Saonel and Pirina)

3rd. Trunks - Reason? - I decided they would be great to defend a weak Goku from Kale and Caulifla. They then resort to using Fusion. They overpower both Kale and Caulifla. Then those two resort to their Potara Fusion. They then overpower Gotenks and the fusion becomes undone. Trunks decides he wants to act selfless like Future Trunks and decides to save Goten from being eliminated. Trunks is eliminated instead. Goten is without a fusion partner and a leader. Goten will have to resort to doing things on his own until he can find everyone else.
(Trunks eliminated by Kefla* (Caulfila and Kale))

4th. Krillin - Reason? Krillin would last longer due to 18 protecting him from multiple fighters. Krillin does the same for her. Even though Krillin is weaker, he can still handle fighters. The idea of having Krillin last longer isn't something you'd expect either. Krillin and 18 would be challenged by the Kamikaze Fireballs. Krillin would lose to them and it would motivate 18 to defeat them for his sake.
(Krillin eliminated by Ribrianne, Kakunsa, and Rozie)

5th. Android 18 - Reason? A18 would eventually regroup with Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Frieza to help in fighting against Universe 6 and Universe 11. However, she was defeating unknowingly. The rest of the cast had forgotten Universe 4 was still in the Tournament. A18 was blindsided by Gamisaras.
(A18 eliminated by Gamisaras (U4))

6th. Goten and 7th. Gohan - Reason? After doing a Family Kamehameha against Jiren, he easily disposes of the two brothers and it triggers Goku because he is afraid for the erasure of his children. He decides he must control himself for their sake and activates UI once again to fight Jiren. The two brothers cheer on their father afterwards.
(Goten and Gohan eliminated by Jiren)

8th. Frieza 9th. Goku - Similar to the anime. They take down Jiren together.
(Eliminated themselves)

WINNER: Vegeta - Reason? - I felt Vegeta replcing 17 in the moment where he and Frieza would fight Jiren together would be more interesting. These two hate each others guts and the conversation would be even greater. And a team up with him, Goku, and Frieza would be much more intense than with a 17 imo. This also shuts up all the Vegeta fans, giving Vegeta his long overdue win. I also felt he gets to win because he has best the reason for trying to win this tournament, and that is for the sake of his family and the U6 Saiyans.

User avatar
JazzMazz
I Live Here
Posts: 2214
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:48 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:I would have changed the miserable Universe 10's Team to include Goku Black. Obviously, I don't know how I would justify his return, since he was erased from existence, but it could possibly involve the Black of an unseen timeline. Regardless, imagine the possibilities and potential of having Black participate in the so-called Tournament of Power. Having him face snakes the likes of Frieza, who embodies every negative trait of mortals. Or perhaps Black could have found a temporary ally in Toppo of Universe 11, a warrior who fights for justice and peace just like Black does. A confrontation between Black and Jiren would have also been fascinating, with Black possibly unlocking Ultra Instinct, or perhaps an even greater level altogether. I don't know, I think that Jiren would initially have the upper-hand on Black, but we saw how broken Black's Zenkai Boosts were, and just getting overpowered for a moment allowed him to expand his power greatly. I admit that Black would be pretty OP in the Tournament, with his unique Zenkai Boosts that allow him to grow stronger every time he feels pain, or with his ability to turn his great anger into devastating power. Imagine if he used his so-called 'The Work of Gods' technique, which allowed him to tear rifts into reality and summon an endless stream of clones able to regenerate endlessly. That would truly be a great weapon for Universe 10.

I am pretty sure that Black would be allowed to participate as long as Gowasu kept his identity a secret, since most people would just think that he is a unique Saiyan found in Universe 10 and not an actual God inhabiting a mortal's body. As for Gowasu... I think he would find it difficult to trust Black after everything he did. But we had Goku and Frieza fight side by side against all odds and emerge victorious with perfect teamwork, so clearly everything is possible. Truthfully, the main problem, as I said, is that Black was erased from existence, so how would he come back? Well, if I had creative control over Super, I would just make up a quick explanation to justify his return, since I would be able to write anything I wanted. And I am certain that a very weak explanation for his return would be worth the thousands of fans who would be pleased by the return of a fan-favourite the likes of Black. Not only because he would give Universe 10 a much-needed trump card and brought creative and unique techniques into the fold, but also because his interactions with characters the likes of Frieza, Jiren, Toppo and his own teammates would be quite interesting. Lastly, Black would be forced to work with mortals for survival so he would have a lot of character development as on one side he would feel compelled to backstab them since they are filthy mortals, and on the other side he would understand the gravity of the situation and would be willing to put aside his hatred for the survival of the beautiful world.
Though I think the idea itself sounds really cool, and has lots of potential, I think if Black were to fight against Jiren, any confrontation would always end with Black being annihilated despite his broken power-ups. The reason being, because his up against Jiren. I think it would be really cool fight, to see Black continuously grow stronger throughout the confrontation, but I feel like, structurally, it would make more sense for all of Black power-ups and to come to nothing in the face of being that has obtained the ultimate power beyond even a god like Black could hope to achieve.

User avatar
MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 805
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:21 pm

Future Trunks would have stuck around, replacing Tien. That way we could have interactions with the Androids and Frieza

Buu would replace Roshi. I love what they did with him, but I feel having Buu, and possibly Mr. Satan in the stands, would've been an interesting twist

Lastly, I would have liked to have seen other universes survive until the end. I like how the manga gave us a team up of Hit and Goku against Jiren. I think a final bout with the strongest of a few universes would've made things more dramatic rather than just U7 vs U11. Really make it a free for all

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by sintzu » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:18 am

In order to re-work everything I'll have to re-work the entire show itself to fit in what I want to do.

I'll look at the success of BOG and expect RF to do the same so I'll get Super into pre-production very early on with the idea of a major tournament being the final arc. I'll also keep in mind that Super's episodes will be over 100.

Most importantly, I'll start with a new arc instead of the movie retellings and that arc would be the u6 arc. I'll drop the whole twin universes as that only applies to u6&u7 and also drop the saiyans and Frost in favore of newer, more unique characters. I'll also have that "strongest character Beerus fought" be a real thing with an epic new character to go with it, not just some gag. Piccolo and Buu would also have bigger roles to play and would be equally as important as the rest. This can be 15 episodes.

Next up is Zamasu's arc but unlike what we got, this'll be entirely set on U10 with Zamasu taking over Rumsshi, not Goku which will make him the first destroyer Goku and friends have to fight. I'll introduce some really cool characters to get everyone accustomed to U10. I think 25 will be good for this one.

After that I'll have a war arc between U3 & U9 and the battlefield for this war will be U7 as both deastroyers will decide on it based on there being the least amount of life there. Naturally Goku and Friends will be heavily involved. This'll be 30 episodes.

We're up to 70 episodes so the last 30 will be the tournament of power and it'll be between 6 universes (3,6,7,9,10 & 11). This arc will introduce U11 and it alongside the others will have 5 fighters each. Unlike the one we got, This'll have established relationships between the 5 universes instead of it just being random fighters with the same personality just fighting with no real weight. U6&7 have a friendly rivalry from the previous tournament. U7&10 are friends thanks to 7 helping them with Zamasu. There's some tension between 7 &3&9 as some aren't happy that u7 stopped the war while others are so you'd see some conflict within those universes.

In 100 episodes not only was I able to come up with more content than what they did in 131, I also managed to have better ideas, all this off the top of my head as a fan. When I look at some fan theories (not the ones that just want more Broly, I'm talking about the truly original ideas) compared to what people who do this for a living came up with, I can't help but think there needs to be a huge staff change over there as they're just wasting these concepts either because they don't know what they're doing or they don't care that much to put in the effort. I'm sure some will come to their defense and try to argue that what we got was the best thing a mind could come up with so if that's what you're going to say don't bother replying.

BOG gave the franchise limitless possibilites for what could be done yet the majority of Super is the same old same old we got in the original run. What do I know, who needs new content when we can have more Saiyans, Freeza and Future Trunks.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by Dragono » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:19 am

sintzu wrote:In order to re-work everything I'll have to re-work the entire show itself to fit in what I want to do.

I'll look at the success of BOG and expect RF to do the same so I'll get Super into pre-production very early on with the idea of a major tournament being the final arc. I'll also keep in mind that Super's episodes will be over 100.

Most importantly, I'll start with a new arc instead of the movie retellings and that arc would be the u6 arc. I'll drop the whole twin universes as that only applies to u6&u7 and also drop the saiyans and Frost in favore of newer, more unique characters. I'll also have that "strongest character Beerus fought" be a real thing with an epic new character to go with it, not just some gag. Piccolo and Buu would also have bigger roles to play and would be equally as important as the rest. This can be 15 episodes.

Next up is Zamasu's arc but unlike what we got, this'll be entirely set on U10 with Zamasu taking over Rumsshi, not Goku which will make him the first destroyer Goku and friends have to fight. I'll introduce some really cool characters to get everyone accustomed to U10. I think 25 will be good for this one.

After that I'll have a war arc between U3 & U9 and the battlefield for this war will be U7 as both deastroyers will decide on it based on there being the least amount of life there. Naturally Goku and Friends will be heavily involved. This'll be 30 episodes.

We're up to 70 episodes so the last 30 will be the tournament of power and it'll be between 6 universes (3,6,7,9,10 & 11). This arc will introduce U11 and it alongside the others will have 5 fighters each. Unlike the one we got, This'll have established relationships between the 5 universes instead of it just being random fighters with the same personality just fighting with no real weight. U6&7 have a friendly rivalry from the previous tournament. U7&10 are friends thanks to 7 helping them with Zamasu. There's some tension between 7 &3&9 as some aren't happy that u7 stopped the war while others are so you'd see some conflict within those universes.

In 100 episodes not only was I able to come up with more content than what they did in 131, I also managed to have better ideas, all this off the top of my head as a fan. When I look at some fan theories (not the ones that just want more Broly, I'm talking about the truly original ideas) compared to what people who do this for a living came up with, I can't help but think there needs to be a huge staff change over there as they're just wasting these concepts either because they don't know what they're doing or they don't care that much to put in the effort. I'm sure some will come to their defense and try to argue that what we got was the best thing a mind could come up with so if that's what you're going to say don't bother replying.

BOG gave the franchise limitless possibilites for what could be done yet the majority of Super is the same old same old we got in the original run. What do I know, who needs new content when we can have more Saiyans, Freeza and Future Trunks.
Alright, 3 problems with these.

1. How would you incorporate Piccolo and Buu without making Universe 6 look weak, and if you say training with Whis well this was short notice kinda thing and how would you incorporate the strongest fighter without making Bog pointless because Beerus wanted to fight Goku because he wanted a challenge.

2.Why would Zamasu only attack Universe 10? also Rumushi would be dead as The kais are link to the destroyers or would you retcon that but if you did how is zamasu suppose to take down all the destroyers including Beerus and why would they even go to Universe 10 in the first place.

3. Having 5 teams each greatly limits bringing characters people actually liked in this thing as a whole. we would get no 17, no 18, no reason to even think of bringing Gohan. Also Freeza being there was what gave Rof any meaning whatsoever, are you sure its wise to change that?


What we got was not perfect, it was even downright stupid but there is more to storytelling than just ideas or new content. Its about execution and foresight. Thats what super lacked the most and your ideas mirror that exactly because you don't take into account of what has to happen for these to work.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by sintzu » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:42 am

Dragono wrote:
How would you incorporate Piccolo and Buu without making Universe 6 look weak, and if you say training with Whis well this was short notice kinda thing.

How would you incorporate the strongest fighter without making Bog pointless because Beerus wanted to fight Goku because he wanted a challenge.

Why would Zamasu only attack Universe 10?

also Rumushi would be dead as The kais are link to the destroyers or would you retcon that ?

how is zamasu suppose to take down all the destroyers including Beerus and why would they even go to Universe 10 in the first place.

Having 5 teams each greatly limits bringing characters people actually liked in this thing as a whole. we would get no 17, no 18, no reason to even think of bringing Gohan.

Also Freeza being there was what gave Rof any meaning whatsoever, are you sure its wise to change that?

There is more to storytelling than just ideas or new content. Its about execution and foresight. Thats what super lacked and your ideas mirror that exactly because you don't take into account of what has to happen for these to work.
Simple, I'll have the tournament take place a year after RF and in that time Piccolo at the very least will have decided to join Goku and Vegeta in their training after seeing their power against Freeza. Buu although won't be as strong is still pretty powerful so I'd just introduce someone in U6 that Buu can somehow take down with his special abilities.

Simple, Beerus can point out that he tought the SsjG would be stronger and that it'd be a break form fighting the same person all the time.

Because that's the universe he'd want to rule to sit alongside the other destroyers. I'd also have there be strong characters holding him off until help arrives.

I'd drop that alongside the Kai and kibito defusing.

He wouldn't be after the destroyers and Beerus would go there on a request form U10 based on a favore he owes them or maybe him being friends with Rumushi.

17 and 18 had no business being there. 17 had even less business being as strong as he was. In terms of Gohan, there are already 2 Saiyans on the team so there'd be no need for a 3rd but I'd find some other way to include him in the other arcs.

RF had no business even being a thing so if I had to keep it I'd just leave Freeza dead as he never should've come back in the first place.

These are lacking cause they're just basic ideas I thought up on the fly, they're not meant to be full stories. If I were to do that I'd of course take a lot longer.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Jaetinh
Regular
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Namek

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by Jaetinh » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:34 am

The OG Dragon Team:
Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tenshinhan and Chaozu.

Followed by Piccolo, Vegeta, Gohan and Trunks. Those 9 were initially the warriors that Toriyama portrayed to fight in the Cell saga if we look at the promotional drawing back then. (even though he ended up excluding Chaozu.)

Newest addition: Android 17.

My team in the spoiler.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

User avatar
TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:05 am

I would just make the other universe members stronger. Have them eliminate a couple of people too, don't give every elimination to U7. Put Jimeze and Zarbuto in team Universe 6. Put Dr. Rota in Team Universe 2, and cut out one of the Universe 6 namekians and create an entirely new character for team Universe 2.

The U7 team was fine. Majin Buu had his great fight with Basil, Future Trunks already had his arc, Yamcha would be there just for the jokes and memes, Chiaotsu is weak and irrelevant, and Goten and Trunks would probably just get eliminated early.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

User avatar
Vegeta_Sama
Regular
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:59 pm
Location: Capsule Corporation

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:18 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:Goten and Trunks would probably just get eliminated early.
That didn't stop Krillin and Tien from entering the tournament
Vegeta! We can get even stronger!
Of course! A Saiyan's strenght has no limits!


My interpretation of the Dragon Ball Canon

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:49 am

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by jplaya2023 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:23 am

goku
vegeta
gohan (with intense training in the rosat and in whis staff, ascends to ssj red)
frieza
cell (brought back and trains in the rosat)
maijin boo
piccolo (training with gohan, unlocks true namekian piccolo form)
master roshi (mafuba is valuable)
android 18
android 17

User avatar
Vegeta_Sama
Regular
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:59 pm
Location: Capsule Corporation

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:32 am

jplaya2023 wrote: gohan (with intense training in the rosat and in whis staff , ascends to ssj red)
... What?
Vegeta! We can get even stronger!
Of course! A Saiyan's strenght has no limits!


My interpretation of the Dragon Ball Canon

Post Reply