How Universe 11 could have won

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

How Universe 11 could have won

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:47 pm

I can't believe I forgot to make this :lol:

Step 1: Cocotte puts everyone on the team except for Toppo, Jiren, and Dyspo in a Cocotte Zone bubble, both protecting them and allowing them to float above the arena
Step 2: Toppo, Jiren, and Dyspo quickly eliminate all flying competitors with ki blasts
Step 3: Toppo and Jiren smash the arena, causing all other competitors to fall
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: How Universe 11 could have won

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:51 pm

Pride troopers go to one side of ring at the start. Toppo transforms into a GoD, Jiren goes FP and they combine their ki to create one big ass attack and wipe out everyone .

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:23 pm

Jiren could have literally wiped out everyone in the arena instantly with no problems but that would have made for a very boring plot and would go against his character.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:32 pm

Simple, had Jiren stopped procrastinating and dragging his feet and actually doing everything he has in his power to eliminate the rest of U7 members, that would’ve spared U11 the grief of having to hear Belmod’s squirming.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:51 am

Like what PFM18 said and what most will probably say, Jiren could've done it at the very beginning if he wanted to.

Although U11 didn't win the conventional way, no one on the stage could beat him in a fight as U7 at the end had no choice but to force him off the stage so in a way they did win by having the strongest fighter at the end. With UI being unusable at will, I think we won't see a fighter as strong as him until Super's 3rd arc when it returns so that in itself is a major win as by the end of an arc the villain is usually left in the dust by who comes next.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:49 pm

Jiren could have ended it in 10 seconds.

Universe 11 should have won.
sintzu wrote:Like what PFM18 said and what most will probably say, Jiren could've done it at the very beginning if he wanted to.

Although U11 didn't win the conventional way, no one on the stage could beat him in a fight as U7 at the end had no choice but to force him off the stage so in a way they did win by having the strongest fighter at the end. With UI being unusable at will, I think we won't see a fighter as strong as him until Super's 3rd arc when it returns so that in itself is a major win as by the end of an arc the villain is usually left in the dust by who comes next.
Then by that 3rd arc Jiren is already way stronger than he is now.

Jiren being as strong as he is probably reduces his potential future screen time.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:58 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:Jiren being as strong as he is probably reduces his potential future screen time.
That and the fact that they kept hyping up Goku and Hit's "rematch" only for Goku to leave him in the dust so the same could happen here but hopefully not as I'd love to see a changed Jiren fight Goku again.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:19 pm

This is one of the many scenarios in Dragon Ball where you need to suspend your disbelief because the narrative want to get the most out of a battle. You might as well start asking why the cast don't use the Dragon Balls to prevents a threat before it happens.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:45 pm

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Jiren being as strong as he is probably reduces his potential future screen time.
That and the fact that they kept hyping up Goku and Hit's "rematch" only for Goku to leave him in the dust so the same could happen here but hopefully not as I'd love to see a changed Jiren fight Goku again.
The difference between Jiren and Hit ia that Jiren is currently way stronger than Goku.

Jiren will be like what he was when Goku and Frieza teamed up. I don't really see what would really change with Jiren when he fights in the future.

If Jiren gets left behind then so do GoDs which I don't see happening.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:22 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:I don't really see what would really change with Jiren when he fights in the future.
Jiren now may decide to be more trusting of others and change his views on life and if Vegeta is anyone to go by (someone who drastically changed) then it'll help him in battle and training...Then again, Piccolo also changed and he's as useful as Yamcha is so who knows, only time will tell.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:31 pm

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:I don't really see what would really change with Jiren when he fights in the future.
Jiren now may decide to be more trusting of others and change his views on life and if Vegeta is anyone to go by (someone who drastically changed) then it'll help him in battle and training...Then again, Piccolo also changed and he's as useful as Yamcha is so who knows, only time will tell.
It won't change how he fights though.

Piccolo's return is inevitable and Saonel and Pirina better hope it is by a new way instead of a traditional way.

Anyway I would rather have a character not do much than shouting 'muh Bulma' and 'muh Cabbage' every 2 seconds.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:37 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:Jiren now may decide to be more trusting of others and change his views on life and if Vegeta is anyone to go by (someone who drastically changed) then it'll help him in battle and training...Then again, Piccolo also changed and he's as useful as Yamcha is so who knows, only time will tell.
It won't change how he fights though.

Piccolo's return is inevitable and Saonel and Pirina better hope it is by a new way instead of a traditional way.

Anyway I would rather have a character not do much than shouting 'muh Bulma' and 'muh Cabbage' every 2 seconds.
What stake do Saonel and Pirina have?

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue May 01, 2018 1:09 am

sintzu wrote:
To say jiren jiren could be as usefull as yamcha in the future, is also to say that G.o.Ds would be as usefull as yamcha as well. So use words carefully.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue May 01, 2018 1:32 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:To say jiren could be as usefull as yamcha in the future, is also to say that G.o.Ds would be as usefull as yamcha as well. So use words carefully.
DB doesn't have the best track record for using characters once their arc is over so although comparing him to Yamcha was a joke on my part, he might be completely useless when we see him again. Look how hyped up we were to see Hit again only for him to drop the ball.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue May 01, 2018 3:44 am

sintzu wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:To say jiren could be as usefull as yamcha in the future, is also to say that G.o.Ds would be as usefull as yamcha as well. So use words carefully.
DB doesn't have the best track record for using characters once their arc is over so although comparing him to Yamcha was a joke on my part, he might be completely useless when we see him again. Look how hyped up we were to see Hit again only for him to drop the ball.
Jiren has ended this arc just like Beerus which was way stronger than Goku.

Jiren right now might be the strongest in all 12 Universes.

Toriyama must want Jiren and Beerus to stay relevant. After what happened to Ultra Instinct.
Simere wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: It won't change how he fights though.

What stake do Saonel and Pirina have?
What is a traditional way of Namekians getting stronger and what happened to 2 other Namekians from Universe 7 we got to know?

I don't want it to happen but will Toriyama and Toei be able to resist it?