Difference between the Battle of Gods movie and anime!?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

J. Williams

Difference between the Battle of Gods movie and anime!?

Post by J. Williams » Wed May 30, 2018 8:21 am

Besides a few, little differences between the Battle of God's movie and anime, like the location where the battle takes place, is the script for the Battle of God's movie and the anime the same? Like for the fights? And do the statements for the movie also apply for the anime?

(I'm sorry that I made a new thread, I didn't know in which thread to ask this.)
Last edited by J. Williams on Wed May 30, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: Difference between the Battle of God's movie and anime!?

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed May 30, 2018 8:30 am

From what I remember, Tarble wasn't mentioned, and the SS God backstory was shorter in the anime.
Get Fucked, C_unt

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:43 am

Taken from Kanzenshuu's main website:
- In the theatrical film, Beerus wakes up on the day of Bulma’s birthday party, consults with the oracle fish, travels to find Goku on North Kaiō’s planet, and then immediately proceeds to travel to Earth. This time frame is expanded upon in the TV series, with Beerus waking up days earlier and traveling to numerous planets in search of “Super Saiyan God” well before he travels to North Kaiō’s planet or Earth.

- Kaiō’s assistant Gregory, who was an anime-original character introduced in Dragon Ball Z, did not originally appear in the theatrical film, but does appear in the TV series.

- The venue of Bulma’s birthday party has been changed from Capsule Corporation headquarters to a luxury cruise liner. Many additional aspects of the party where changed in the TV series as well, including the initial interaction between Beerus and Vegeta, Vegeta distracting Beerus by cooking takoyaki instead of singing a bingo song, and Dende realizing Beerus is a god. The bingo competition, Piccolo singing karaoke, and the Great Saiyaman’s appearance were also cut from the TV series.

- The Pilaf Gang’s infiltration of Bulma’s birthday party is slightly altered, and the TV series makes no mention of Trunks and Mai being in a relationship. Pilaf also does not mistake Goten for a younger Goku.

- Scenes depicting Kaiō and the Kaiōshin watching the battle between Beerus and Goku have been added.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 30, 2018 9:54 am

Let's not forget that the fight is also about a hundred times longer and involves way more techniques and scenes.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Wed May 30, 2018 10:10 am

I recall that in the extended version of the theatrical film, Oolong had a rock-paper-scissors match with Beerus and lost. This was not shown in theaters but was included in the anime, though.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Difference between the Battle of Gods movie and anime!?

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed May 30, 2018 12:23 pm

Also in the movie ssg goku made beerus use nearly 70% of his full power whereas in the anime ssg was nowhere in the same universe as beerus as we later found out when whis compared goku to a tree stump and beerus to a castle in the sky