Do you think Broly will be as strong as Jiren/the GoDs?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Do you think Broly will be as strong as Jiren/the GoDs?

Post by shadd21 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:53 pm

With Jiren showing that any mortal can reach the level of hakaishin without being a prodigy or mutant, Do you feel it would still be too farfetched for Broly to be GoD level in the new movie?

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Do you think Broly will be as strong as Jiren/the GoDs?

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:07 pm

He should be strong enough to deal with Goku SSJB and Vegeta SSJB at the same time because in the movies Broly always fight vs 3 or 4 people.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:32 pm

I don't know why you're saying Jiren isn't a prodigy. I suppose you mean born with his power? Anyway, I'm sick of being below the GoD level. I wouldn't think Broly would be near the GoD level at first, but I expect they'll say his ki keeps increasing and he'll get there by the end.

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:21 pm

He'd have to be, otherwise he wouldn't be a credible threat, right?

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:28 pm

The power creep was already insane enough in Super, he would have to be now.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:33 pm

If Goku and Vegeta are stuck with the regular Blue forms (or Vegeta's upgraded version, or the manga's mastered version) and no Ultra Instinct for the movie since they can't use it at will (and, well, Vegeta can't use it at all yet), well... I don't see any reason for him to be on that high a level.

Just how high on the power charts this new Broly (I'm assuming this isn't going to be a continuation of the old Broly movies, but a reimagined version for Super) ends up going really depends on whether they end up fighting him with just their usual forms or if Ultra Instinct, fusion, etc. end up being involved.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Broly will be one of the most popular aspects of that movie, So you can expect him to be much stronger than Beerus and even Jiren. After all, Broly is known for being an unstoppable killing machine, and something tells me that Toriyama will not change that trait of his character.

The true question is: Will Goku and his friends manage to kill Broly on their own? Or will they need an help from the outside (similiar to how Future Zeno erased the ascended Infinite Zamasu because the protagonists, alone, stood no chance)?

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Broly will make Ultra Instinct worthless, because instinct can't keep up with maximum power and rage

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:05 pm

BrolyKale wrote:He should be strong enough to deal with Goku SSJB and Vegeta SSJB at the same time because in the movies Broly always fight vs 3 or 4 people.
Most likely this. I'm expecting SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, and Golden Frieza to fight Broly. So I'm assuming Broly will be around suppressed Jiren up to Jiren before breaking his limits.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:08 pm

I'm not sure if he'll be as strong as Jiren at his best, but that's entirely possible. I can easily see him being as strong as a God of Destruction.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:09 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:He should be strong enough to deal with Goku SSJB and Vegeta SSJB at the same time because in the movies Broly always fight vs 3 or 4 people.
Most likely this. I'm expecting SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, and Golden Frieza to fight Broly. So I'm assuming Broly will be around suppressed Jiren up to Jiren before breaking his limits.
This is pretty much the most likely scenario as far as Broly's power is concerned IMO.

But if that peculiar rumor is true, sounds like he will be atleast as strong as Jiren.

[spoiler]The rumor that the "new Saiyan" kills Beerus[/spoiler]
SupremeKai25 wrote:Broly will be one of the most popular aspects of that movie, So you can expect him to be much stronger than Beerus and even Jiren. After all, Broly is known for being an unstoppable killing machine, and something tells me that Toriyama will not change that trait of his character.

The true question is: Will Goku and his friends manage to kill Broly on their own? Or will they need an help from the outside (similiar to how Future Zeno erased the ascended Infinite Zamasu because the protagonists, alone, stood no chance)?
I saw your post and thought "There's no way he can relate this topic back to Zamasu!" and you found a way. Bravo

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:14 pm

PFM18 wrote: [spoiler]The rumor that the "new Saiyan" kills Beerus[/spoiler]
People said the same thing when Frieza was announced to come back. It's possible but unlikely, though I definitely think it is far more likely this time.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Depends how they play up his transformation. If it's similar to Kale's, then I see him having a constantly rising ki and should be able to deal with both Goku and Vegeta. I figure the movie will end with Goku very briefly tapping back into UI, if only the Omen form for a moment, to defeat him

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:32 pm

If they'll play the beginning of his history comparable with the older movies and he was so strong as a baby ...he could be a lot stronger than Goku and Vegeta in base: SSJG Goku- / True form Freeza-level?
With the green multiplier on his strength may keep rising exponentially with his rage.
By doing so and a final power-push (Oozaru?), he might become comparable to / stronger than Jiren (or at least Gods-level) and force Goku into MUI and/or force Goku and Vegeta to merge into Gogeta.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:59 am

i really hope not unless his back story is completely changed and he's been in another universe fighting and getting stronger. this brolly should have no reference to the non canon one from the movies other than his name.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:04 am

jplaya2023 wrote:i really hope not unless his back story is completely changed and he's been in another universe fighting and getting stronger. this brolly should have no reference to the non canon one from the movies other than his name.
This Broly is completely new, Vegeta and Goku don't know about him (because when they both saw Kale's transformation none of them mentioned Broly which means they don't know him), he is new in the main story. He can be as strong as Jiren, there's nothing wrong with that. Broly's power from the movies has nothing to do with the new one.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:08 am

BrolyKale wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:i really hope not unless his back story is completely changed and he's been in another universe fighting and getting stronger. this brolly should have no reference to the non canon one from the movies other than his name.
This Broly is completely new, Vegeta and Goku don't know about him (because when they both saw Kale's transformation none of them mentioned Broly which means they don't know him), he is new in the main story. He can be as strong as Jiren, there's nothing wrong with that. Broly from the movies have nothing to do with the new one.
At the time of the tournament there was no brolly movie or even a reference to him. AT wasn't thinking about bringing brolly back until later so there would be no reference 2 him.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:14 am

jplaya2023 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
This Broly is completely new, Vegeta and Goku don't know about him (because when they both saw Kale's transformation none of them mentioned Broly which means they don't know him), he is new in the main story. He can be as strong as Jiren, there's nothing wrong with that. Broly from the movies have nothing to do with the new one.
At the time of the tournament there was no brolly movie or even a reference to him. AT wasn't thinking about bringing brolly back until later so there would be no reference 2 him.
Edit : my bad I didn't get what you said. Nevermind, RedHeat replied.
Last edited by BrolyKale on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 am

jplaya2023 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
No, we know the film was in development for at least a year prior to the announcment. It's highly likely that bit from Vegeta about Kale's form was linked to Broly at the same time.
Feels over Reals.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 am

Considering usually every villain that comes after is stronger, id say yes, he most definitely will be above Jiren.