Do you think they will explain why Broly is the LSSJ and/or so unique in this movie?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Do you think they will explain why Broly is the LSSJ and/or so unique in this movie?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:00 am

As the title says, do you think they will explain why he is so special and unique, and why he has so much potential and why he is the legendary super saiyan (if they will even use this term) ?

Now i’ve read some theories on the internet regarding him being genetically modified at birth, resulting in some kind of mutation. A mutation of genes. And that explains his difference. Because obviously it couldn’t have come from Paragus, who is just a random, weakling saiyan. And somehow i doubt his mother wasn’t special either, even though i don’t know her lol.

So what do you guys think?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Do you think they will explain why Broly is the LSSJ and/or so unique in this movie?

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:04 am

Yeah, definitely. Paragus will likely work as Mr. Exposition like he did in movie 8, but this time, as some people theorize, he might just have a more direct hand in creating the legend.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Do you think they will explain why Broly is the LSSJ and/or so unique in this movie?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:27 pm

And do you guys think it has something to do with the “S Cells” mentioned in a recent interview by Toriyama? Maybe Broly had a ton more of them than any other Saiyan in existence. But then again, why? People speculate that they may have created him in some way, shape or form.

And also, do you guys think Broly represents a true Saiyan? I.e. Do you think he’s basically the true nature of a Saiyan manifested into life? He does appear a bit primal i must admit.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Actually, They don't have to come up with an elaborate and original explanation behind his awesome and unique power. He's just a natural prodigy. There are several characters in Dragon Ball who are natural prodigies. Just think of Zamasu, who was not only a genius, but was also much more powerful than his superiors, despite being a mere apprentice. I am sure that there are other examples like this one. It's fate.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:37 pm

What is there to explain? He's strong because he's the LSSJ. He's the LSSJ because of a genetic anomaly/mutation. His development and potential make him unique. I don't see why it has to be anything deeper than that.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:00 pm

The new Broly isn't called the LSSJ, i'm not sure they are going to use that lore for the movie plot.

His green hair form is being called "Full Power Super Saiyan Broly"

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:49 pm

It seems like Broly's forms are the way they are because he might be a genetically engineered Saiyan or some type of mutant prodigy similarly to Freeza's case.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:28 pm

Of course they are going to explain it. It is just a matter of how good the explanation is.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:53 pm

If they really strip this Broly off the well deserved Legendary title there needs at least to be some kind of awesome equivalent that has about the same magic behind it (and no, I do not mean "magic" in a literal way, just something that just by mentioning one word can easily highlight Broly and everything he stands for as well as his power).

If they go the mutation route they could implement that very well.

Freeza is a mutant of his race. Broly could be the parallel. Paragus wanted to defeat Freeza and researched the genetic structure of the Saiyajin. But things exercibated and this is the result. Broly would be the Freeza of his own race like some people already think from the whole "scientist bla" plot just that Toriyama-san could really give this all some more fateful connection. By the way, if they would do that I would want Goku, Vegeta and Broly to team up and kill Freeza for good.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:14 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:Actually, They don't have to come up with an elaborate and original explanation behind his awesome and unique power. He's just a natural prodigy. There are several characters in Dragon Ball who are natural prodigies. Just think of Zamasu, who was not only a genius, but was also much more powerful than his superiors, despite being a mere apprentice. I am sure that there are other examples like this one. It's fate.
Yes they DO. That’s the law of LIFE. Things NEED to be explained because reality is literally made of reason. If Broly is “special” or “unique” or even IF they are going to call him the LSSJ, then obviously there needs to be SOME kind of explanation as to WHY he is the way he is. Why is that so hard to understand? And don’t bring up the excuse of: “It’s a kids show, so consistency doesn’t matter in the slightest bit”. Because i remember when I was 9 years old, i GREATLY cared for a consistent plot. That’s human nature, (kids included). I don’t see why we would tolerate anything less.

A rational person always seeks an explanation. It’s our nature afterall.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:19 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:Actually, They don't have to come up with an elaborate and original explanation behind his awesome and unique power. He's just a natural prodigy. There are several characters in Dragon Ball who are natural prodigies. Just think of Zamasu, who was not only a genius, but was also much more powerful than his superiors, despite being a mere apprentice. I am sure that there are other examples like this one. It's fate.
Zamas is the least relevant example of a prodigy. When I think of characters with latent power, I think of Vegeta pr Frieza, not some random kai. That's beside the point, though. I think they might need to explain what separates Broly from Kale. Why is he so strong whereas she needs to fuse in order to be a secondary antagonist.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:58 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Yes they DO. That’s the law of LIFE. Things NEED to be explained because reality is literally made of reason.
We are reality and the fictional piece of Dragon Ball is reality but the world of Dragon Ball is not reality (in a physical sense, of course). So it does not need to be explained even if we are part of reality.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

PsychoXander

Post by PsychoXander » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:21 am

Cetra wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Yes they DO. That’s the law of LIFE. Things NEED to be explained because reality is literally made of reason.
We are reality and the fictional piece of Dragon Ball is reality but the world of Dragon Ball is not reality (in a physical sense, of course). So it does not need to be explained even if we are part of reality.
This just became too deep now

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:24 am

Yes they DO.
No, They don't, and they didn't do that for other prodigy characters in the show.
That’s the law of LIFE. Things NEED to be explained because reality is literally made of reason.
False. Even in our real life, that isn't the case. There is no logical explaination behind the natural genius of individuals like Mozart and Einstein, aside from destiny/luck.
Zamas is the least relevant example of a prodigy. When I think of characters with latent power, I think of Vegeta pr Frieza, not some random kai.
Given how he was just a mere lower deity, but thanks to his spectacular talent in martial art he was able to become a Supreme Kai in training at a young age, he was clearly a prodigy.

Also, Huh, I can play that game too. What are Vegeta and Frieza, if not some random mortals in Universe 7? They are not more unique than Zamasu. And Yes, this is not the point, but it is to prove that the producers have not explained the natural talent of several characters in the show. And they likely won't give an elaborate explaination to Broly's, aside from saying that he was always born with such a power, that he is a prodigy, and that it was what fate dictated.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:26 am

TysonWine wrote:What is there to explain? He's strong because he's the LSSJ. He's the LSSJ because of a genetic anomaly/mutation. His development and potential make him unique. I don't see why it has to be anything deeper than that.
There is no confirmation yet as to wether he has a genetic mutation. So until that time, it’s perfectly reasonable for me to ask this question and speculate. And ofcourse, if he has different genes from any other Saiyan in universe 7, then obviously that must be explained too. I.e WHY does he have different genes? They could have injected him with it. (With a needle, i.e. Goku’s greatest fear) yeah we know that meme.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:02 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
TysonWine wrote:What is there to explain? He's strong because he's the LSSJ. He's the LSSJ because of a genetic anomaly/mutation. His development and potential make him unique. I don't see why it has to be anything deeper than that.
There is no confirmation yet as to wether he has a genetic mutation. So until that time, it’s perfectly reasonable for me to ask this question and speculate. And ofcourse, if he has different genes from any other Saiyan in universe 7, then obviously that must be explained too. I.e WHY does he have different genes? They could have injected him with it. (With a needle, i.e. Goku’s greatest fear) yeah we know that meme.
Wait what? How would they explain why Broly has a genetic mutation? Do you want them to explain how genetic mutations work or what?

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:11 pm

I hope they don't call him a Legendary Super Saiyan, as that's a really lame and nonsensical title. Also, i think a simple explanation about him will be good enough. I don't expect anything complex, we're talking about Dragon Ball and we all know that Toriyama loves to keep things simple.

IMO i would be satisfied if he is just the U7 version of Kale. A saiyan born with an amazing power and capability to develop power.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:48 pm

I sure hope there's some explanation for the LSSJ. I also like the theory of Paragus genetically engineering Broly into a saiyan specimen like no other with the whole S-Cells thing. But if that does happen, does the name Legendary Super Saiyan really work for an altered Broly? To me legendary means someone who possesses an unbelievable level of power all on their own that they're considered a legend. Broly being genetically experimented on doesn't sound as legendary to me.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:06 pm

KingKaash wrote:I sure hope there's some explanation for the LSSJ. I also like the theory of Paragus genetically engineering Broly into a saiyan specimen like no other with the whole S-Cells thing. But if that does happen, does the name Legendary Super Saiyan really work for an altered Broly? To me legendary means someone who possesses an unbelievable level of power all on their own that they're considered a legend. Broly being genetically experimented on doesn't sound as legendary to me.
It could also be both. He is a legendary ssj like Kale in U6, but because he's genetically pimped he's able to achieve unimaginary hights.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
KingKaash wrote:I sure hope there's some explanation for the LSSJ. I also like the theory of Paragus genetically engineering Broly into a saiyan specimen like no other with the whole S-Cells thing. But if that does happen, does the name Legendary Super Saiyan really work for an altered Broly? To me legendary means someone who possesses an unbelievable level of power all on their own that they're considered a legend. Broly being genetically experimented on doesn't sound as legendary to me.
It could also be both. He is a legendary ssj like Kale in U6, but because he's genetically pimped he's able to achieve unimaginary hights.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just to me, genetically modified doesn't equate to a legend. Like in sports, the legends are the ones who had natural skills and talent. The ones who used PEDs and steroids are not considered legends.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16