What storylines are we likely to see if (when) DBSuper comes back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What storylines are we likely to see if (when) DBSuper comes back?

Post by Bergamo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:09 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:4. DBO is not an official sequel anymore. It contradicts the series about as much as GT.
5. This would be good.
Multiple continuities can coexist because there are multiple timelines. GT exists as a separate timeline. There are 6 timelines, out of which 2 timelines are unknown and can easily have GT be one of them. A timeline in which Beerus doesn't wake up and Pilaf doesn't go to Bulma's birthday party but rather Kami's lookout is GT. DBO was written by Toriyama. Mira, Towa, Fu, and the Time Patrol were all his ideas. The events of the DBO timeline actually don't contradict anything that has occurred in DBS because they happen a lot later, so I'm not sure which contradiction you're referring to. Everything in the DBO timeline can STILL happen in the future.

For the record, I'm tired of Saiyans. Now I understand how Beerus and Freeza felt when they wanted to exterminate their race. I want new races and more unique abilities for those races. It's about time that Piccolo gets a power up. We've seen some great stuff already -Hit, Magetta, Jiren, Gamisaras, etc. New characters rather than hashing old ones is better. In all, once they spin the Angels vs Demons / Fallen Angels, DB is pretty much over. Then there is only the identity of Zalama left.
The Pilaf Gang canonically turned themselves into children during the android saga. GT just can't work.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Bergamo wrote:The Pilaf Gang canonically turned themselves into children during the android saga. GT just can't work.
In different timelines, events can happen differently. In the Future Trunks timeline, Pilaf summoned Shenron just before Piccolo was killed and made the wish to become children. In the main timeline, however, that wish was delayed because we never saw the sky turn dark during the Cell Games. Maybe it happened during the 3-year gap before the Androids. It could've also happened during the 7-year gap from the defeat of Cell to the Majin Buu Saga. In a timeline in which Pilaf doesn't wish to be youthful hence is entirely possible. One alteration can cause a butterfly effect and cause events to occur differently. For me, the timeline in which GT occurs is the one in which was created by the unknown mortal from Universe 12, who used a time machine for the first time in history. What change he or she made, is unknown, but could lead to a downstream of events. Since that timeline is completely unknown, and we know that it exists, it could be one in which Yamoshi's spirit never wandered and hence the prophecy of the SSG was never written in the Namekian book of legends and the Oracle Fish never told Beerus to set an alarm for 39 years. Pilaf didn't make his wish to be youthful and did not attend Bulma's birthday party. Instead of spending the effort to collect the Dragon Balls again, he'd rather find one that's already gathered in one place. He later learned about the set of Dragon Balls created by the Nameless Namekian and went to Kami's lookout. All I did was make two changes and now it's GT. It's all fan fiction but still plausible under the given information. As long as it doesn't contradict established lore, anything is free to headcanon.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:36 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:I think we go up to just five arcs and we already have prison planet arc in super starting with the end of z first to fully expand on it,then planet salada,pride troopers arc,ribrane arc,and multiversal war arc as the tenth and final arc of the series.
The Prison Planet Arc is from the continuity of SDBHs and is in no way connected to the main continuity of Dragon Ball or what people like to call “canon”.
Still discussed with saying canon prison planet is only for dragon ball heroes promotion.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:37 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:The Pilaf Gang canonically turned themselves into children during the android saga. GT just can't work.
In different timelines, events can happen differently. In the Future Trunks timeline, Pilaf summoned Shenron just before Piccolo was killed and made the wish to become children. In the main timeline, however, that wish was delayed because we never saw the sky turn dark during the Cell Games. Maybe it happened during the 3-year gap before the Androids. It could've also happened during the 7-year gap from the defeat of Cell to the Majin Buu Saga. In a timeline in which Pilaf doesn't wish to be youthful hence is entirely possible. One alteration can cause a butterfly effect and cause events to occur differently. For me, the timeline in which GT occurs is the one in which was created by the unknown mortal from Universe 12, who used a time machine for the first time in history. What change he or she made, is unknown, but could lead to a downstream of events. Since that timeline is completely unknown, and we know that it exists, it could be one in which Yamoshi's spirit never wandered and hence the prophecy of the SSG was never written in the Namekian book of legends and the Oracle Fish never told Beerus to set an alarm for 39 years. Pilaf didn't make his wish to be youthful and did not attend Bulma's birthday party. Instead of spending the effort to collect the Dragon Balls again, he'd rather find one that's already gathered in one place. He later learned about the set of Dragon Balls created by the Nameless Namekian and went to Kami's lookout. All I did was make two changes and now it's GT. It's all fan fiction but still plausible under the given information. As long as it doesn't contradict established lore, anything is free to headcanon.
That is overthinking this dude.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:46 am

Toxin45 wrote:That is overthinking this dude.
It's called headcanon. You can either accept that nothing makes sense or use logic and "overthinking" to make sense out of it. I rather do the latter as my daily life and career center on logic and "overthinking". Click on my timeline thread and then you'll really see the extent of my "overthinking". :lol:

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:49 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
It's called headcanon. You can either accept that nothing makes sense or use logic and "overthinking" to make sense out of it. I rather do the latter as my daily life and career center on logic and "overthinking". Click on my timeline thread and then you'll really see the extent of my "overthinking". :lol:
There's nothing that doesn't make sense. Dragon Ball and DBS are canon, whereas GT is not.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:58 am

Bergamo wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
There's nothing that doesn't make sense. Dragon Ball and DBS are canon, whereas GT is not.
It does when you look at the expanded verse of DB which includes DBO, written by Toriyama that XV later adopted. What you consider as "canon" is simply the main timeline. Once you stop caring about what's canon and look at logical continuity, you will enjoy things a lot more but to each his won. :thumbup:

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:03 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
It does when you look at the expanded verse of DB which includes DBO, written by Toriyama that XV later adopted. What you consider as "canon" is simply the main timeline. Once you stop caring about what's canon and look at logical continuity, you will enjoy things a lot more but to each his won. :thumbup:
These series aren't other timelines. They are different continuities all together.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:06 am

Bergamo wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
Bergamo wrote: There's nothing that doesn't make sense. Dragon Ball and DBS are canon, whereas GT is not.
These series aren't other timelines. They are different continuities all together.
When you follow the events of the Time Patrol which include DBO, XV, and SDBH, you'll understand that there are indeed multiple timelines, 6 in total, some of which that have GT characters, movie characters, etc. As I've stated before above already, there are 2 unknown timelines in which we do not know what occurred. As long as there are no contradictions with currently established lore, it works. Again, to each his/her own. If you want to treat them as separate, then be my guest, but then just ignore DBO, XV, SDBH, GT, and movies even though DBO is from Toriyama.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:36 am

I think the first arc will retell the Broly movie. We might get something on who killed Jiren's parents and possibly the 6 universes Zeno destroyed. I think a U6 arc is only a matter of time and hopefully that's where Vegeta will get UI. We might get something with Zalama later on. I think everything will end with a tournament between u7 and the 4 universes that didn't take part in the TOP.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:46 am

sintzu wrote:I think the first arc will retell the Broly movie. We might get something on who killed Jiren's parents and possibly the 6 universes Zeno destroyed. I think a U6 arc is only a matter of time and hopefully that's where Vegeta will get UI. We might get something with Zalama later on. I think everything will end with a tournament between u7 and the 4 universes that didn't take part in the TOP.
Nah doubt the four other universes would play a major role.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:44 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
When you follow the events of the Time Patrol which include DBO, XV, and SDBH, you'll understand that there are indeed multiple timelines, 6 in total, some of which that have GT characters, movie characters, etc. As I've stated before above already, there are 2 unknown timelines in which we do not know what occurred. As long as there are no contradictions with currently established lore, it works. Again, to each his/her own. If you want to treat them as separate, then be my guest, but then just ignore DBO, XV, SDBH, GT, and movies even though DBO is from Toriyama.
Thats literally not how it works. By that logic there is a DBLegends timeline, DBFighterZ timeline, a SDBH timeline, etc. And there aren’t enough time rings for all of them.

Toriyama has stated that he sees them as alternate dimensions: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... interview/

And thats basically what they are. The events of GT and the movies and the games are different continuities which are basically different realities or dimensions since they can’t be timelines or different universes.

You can have a headcanon but you have to know when its wrong.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:45 am

Toxin45 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:I think we go up to just five arcs and we already have prison planet arc in super starting with the end of z first to fully expand on it,then planet salada,pride troopers arc,ribrane arc,and multiversal war arc as the tenth and final arc of the series.
The Prison Planet Arc is from the continuity of SDBHs and is in no way connected to the main continuity of Dragon Ball or what people like to call “canon”.
Still discussed with saying canon prison planet is only for dragon ball heroes promotion.
I don’t understand this response
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:59 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Thats literally not how it works. By that logic there is a DBLegends timeline, DBFighterZ timeline, a SDBH timeline, etc. And there aren’t enough time rings for all of them.

Toriyama has stated that he sees them as alternate dimensions: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... interview/

And thats basically what they are. The events of GT and the movies and the games are different continuities which are basically different realities or dimensions since they can’t be timelines or different universes.

Toriyama's statement can be interpreted in different ways. An alternate timeline, from the perspective of the observer, is a different set of circumstances within the same environment of the observer. A different dimension, as opposed to a timeline, is a different environment entirely, with potentially different physical properties, laws of physics and dynamics between them, etc. Dimensions are represent an area of space and time. For example, the World of Void, the Room of Spirit and Time, Time Nest, and the Demon Realm would be considered alternate dimensions. Time is often regarded as a fourth dimension. Hence, you can of course call an alternate timeline as an alternate dimension, since it would exist concurrently with the reality of the observer. An alternate reality would be saying the same thing. It is isn't a different universe also. Basically, "alternate dimension / reality" is an umbrella term that can comprise of many things including an "alternate timeline". This is also the conclusion that is reached for all of the science-fiction pop culture that's out there. There is no other explanation.

You don't create a new timeline for each event lol. You have a limited number of time rings - 6 in total, out of which only 2 timelines are unknown timelines so these are your 2 variables. Everything in the main timeline (DB, DBZ, DBS, etc.) must not change or contradict anything. The reference point here is DBO which is by Toriyama, created in 2008, well before DBS ever was. He created the concept of the Time Patrol, Towa, Mira, etc. XV continued where DBO left off. Hence, these are your constraints. Now you have to fit all the events that occurred in GT, SDBH, XV, and DBO within these 2 timelines without any contradiction. Thus, it is an engineering problem. So far, I've done this. One of these timelines becomes GT in which Beerus did not wake up and Pilaf did not wish to become youthful. Goku arrived in time from Snake Way before Nappa killed any of his friends. This allows many movies to occur. Some movies cannot fit and hence, have to be put into the other timeline. The Android 21 arc simply occurs in a timeline in which Trunks did not arrive to the past to warn them of Black. The arrival of Trunks causes a change in events which prevents Android 21 from being activated. Most of the events of DBO occur in the future. Towa and Mira begin to create time anomalies around Age ~850. It is at this point, Chronoa, summons forth Trunks from the future timeline (Now Timeline 7). Then she eventually summons Goku: Xeno from the GT timeline in the future. I wrote an entire explanation for pretty much every event in the thread in my sig. If you find a contradiction, feel free to point it out.

It is evident that "canon" is undefined now in the present. What is defined is the DB and DBZ manga. For DBS, there are now two different continuities. Toriyama himself didn't say that they are "not canon" but that they exist in separate realities which I already explained above is the same thing as separate timelines. The Prison Planet arc for example, is easy to discount as "not canon", but it is actually the first arc where it recognizes the chronology of taking place after the Tournament of Power and showing two different versions of Goku - exemplifying that they do exist concurrently in two separate timelines.

Btw, all of this is headcanon. None of it is fact and I'm not stating it is. I'm stating that I like to make sense of things and that there is a way to make sense of it. As long as I don't contradict anything in the main timeline, I don't see why not.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:15 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Thats literally not how it works. By that logic there is a DBLegends timeline, DBFighterZ timeline, a SDBH timeline, etc. And there aren’t enough time rings for all of them.

Toriyama's statement can be interpreted in different ways. An alternate timeline, from the perspective of the observer, is a different set of circumstances within the same environment of the observer. A different dimension, as opposed to a timeline, is a different environment entirely, with potentially different physical properties, laws of physics and dynamics between them, etc. Dimensions are represent an area of space and time. For example, the World of Void, the Room of Spirit and Time, Time Nest, and the Demon Realm would be considered alternate dimensions. Time is often regarded as a fourth dimension. Hence, you can of course call an alternate timeline as an alternate dimension, since it would exist concurrently with the reality of the observer. An alternate reality would be saying the same thing. It is isn't a different universe also. Basically, "alternate dimension / reality" is an umbrella term that can comprise of many things including an "alternate timeline". This is also the conclusion that is reached for all of the science-fiction pop culture that's out there. There is no other explanation.

You don't create a new timeline for each event lol. You have a limited number of time rings - 6 in total, out of which only 2 timelines are unknown timelines so these are your 2 variables. Everything in the main timeline (DB, DBZ, DBS, etc.) must not change or contradict anything. The reference point here is DBO which is by Toriyama, created in 2008, well before DBS ever was. He created the concept of the Time Patrol, Towa, Mira, etc. XV continued where DBO left off. Hence, these are your constraints. Now you have to fit all the events that occurred in GT, SDBH, XV, and DBO within these 2 timelines without any contradiction. Thus, it is an engineering problem. So far, I've done this. One of these timelines becomes GT in which Beerus did not wake up and Pilaf did not wish to become youthful. Goku arrived in time from Snake Way before Nappa killed any of his friends. This allows many movies to occur. Some movies cannot fit and hence, have to be put into the other timeline. The Android 21 arc simply occurs in a timeline in which Trunks did not arrive to the past to warn them of Black. The arrival of Trunks causes a change in events which prevents Android 21 from being activated. Most of the events of DBO occur in the future. Towa and Mira begin to create time anomalies around Age ~850. It is at this point, Chronoa, summons forth Trunks from the future timeline (Now Timeline 7). Then she eventually summons Goku: Xeno from the GT timeline in the future. I wrote an entire explanation for pretty much every event in the thread in my sig. If you find a contradiction, feel free to point it out.

It is evident that "canon" is undefined now in the present. What is defined is the DB and DBZ manga. For DBS, there are now two different continuities. Toriyama himself didn't say that they are "not canon" but that they exist in separate realities which I already explained above is the same thing as separate timelines. The Prison Planet arc for example, is easy to discount as "not canon", but it is actually the first arc where it recognizes the chronology of taking place after the Tournament of Power and showing two different versions of Goku - exemplifying that they do exist concurrently in two separate timelines.

Btw, all of this is headcanon. None of it is fact and I'm not stating it is. I'm stating that I like to make sense of things and that there is a way to make sense of it. As long as I don't contradict anything in the main timeline, I don't see why not.
In the Cell Saga there are 4 timelines created. The universe 12 humans created at least 1 timeline. We should be upt to 5 time rings already, so your theory doesn't work.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:49 am

Bergamo wrote: In the Cell Saga there are 4 timelines created. The universe 12 humans created at least 1 timeline. We should be upt to 5 time rings already, so your theory doesn't work.
Lol no. This is exactly why I have created a thread to explain the timelines. The unknown mortal from U12 created the first alternate timeline before any shenanigans by Trunks. Trunks creates 3 new timelines not 4. There are 4 total if you count the main timeline. There are 5 total when you count the U12 timeline. When the time ring box is opened in DBS, there are 5 time rings total, 1 representing the main timeline + 4 alternate timelines. Then a new time ring is created by Beerus once he hakais Zamasu, Timeline 6. Then Zeno erases Timeline 2, which removes 1 time ring. Then Future Trunks and Future Mai go to the future again before Black and Dabura's arrival, creating a 7th timeline. A total of 6 time rings. Check the thread in my sig. It has everything explained with references including the Daizenshuu and Chouzenshuu which specifically state how many timelines there were before DBS.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:02 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Bergamo wrote: In the Cell Saga there are 4 timelines created. The universe 12 humans created at least 1 timeline. We should be upt to 5 time rings already, so your theory doesn't work.
Lol no. This is exactly why I have created a thread to explain the timelines. The unknown mortal from U12 created the first alternate timeline before any shenanigans by Trunks. Trunks creates 3 new timelines not 4. There are 4 total if you count the main timeline. There are 5 total when you count the U12 timeline. When the time ring box is opened in DBS, there are 5 time rings total, 1 representing the main timeline + 4 alternate timelines. Then a new time ring is created by Beerus once he hakais Zamasu, Timeline 6. Then Zeno erases Timeline 2, which removes 1 time ring. Then Future Trunks and Future Mai go to the future again before Black and Dabura's arrival, creating a 7th timeline. A total of 6 time rings. Check the thread in my sig. It has everything explained with references including the Daizenshuu and Chouzenshuu which specifically state how many timelines there were before DBS.
This is exactly what I said. There is no room for other timelines like GT. They take place in a different continuity no matter what way you look at it

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:04 pm

Bergamo wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
This is exactly what I said. There is no room for other timelines like GT. They take place in a different continuity no matter what way you look at it
GT can exist in the universe 12 time traveler timeline.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:11 pm

Bergamo wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
Lol what? No, you said that there are 5 time rings but there are 6. There are two unknown timelines - Timeline 5 (created by U12 traveler) and Timeline 4 (Unseen Timeline). All of GT can fit in Timeline 5. Did you not read the thread on timelines?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:19 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:

XV doesn’t continue where DBO left off though. XV starts at Age 850 where DBO starts at Age 1000.

Also, i read your headcanon timeline stuff and you did a hell of a job trying to fit everything in. It kinda makes me wonder why the Universe 12 time traveler thing was even brought up. Its seems kinda useless to the overarching story.