What storylines are we likely to see if (when) DBSuper comes back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What storylines are we likely to see if (when) DBSuper comes back?

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:26 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: XV2 doesn’t continue where DBO left off though. XV starts at Age 850 where DBO starts at Age 1000
By left off, I mean XV is a continuation or sequel to DBO, not that it is chronologically after DBO. In terms of chronology, the story arcs in XV take place BEFORE Age 1000. However, those story arcs are ALSO mentioned in the official DBO timeline. You as the player start at Age 1000 but the events that are stated in the DBO timeline before Age 1000 still occur. DBO ran from 2007 to 2013. Then in 2014, a new site called DBZ New Project appeared which became XV. XV is just following the chronology of the SDBH stories which occur around Age ~850. XV3 I bet you will be the arc about the Dark Dragon Balls and Mechikabura. All these things happen BEFORE Age 1000 which is the present timeline for DBO but it does not contradict what is already stated in the DBO timeline. There are bits and pieces of information that were missing from DBO. Those pieces were filled by new info from XV and SDBH. Of course, there are still contradictions between varying authors and adaptations (anime vs game vs manga), but to form a logical continuity, I use the SDBH manga with the XV game.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:19 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Thats literally not how it works. By that logic there is a DBLegends timeline, DBFighterZ timeline, a SDBH timeline, etc. And there aren’t enough time rings for all of them.

Toriyama has stated that he sees them as alternate dimensions: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... interview/

And thats basically what they are. The events of GT and the movies and the games are different continuities which are basically different realities or dimensions since they can’t be timelines or different universes.

You can have a headcanon but you have to know when its wrong.
Toriyama's statement can be interpreted in different ways. An alternate timeline, from the perspective of the observer, is a different set of circumstances within the same environment of the observer. A different dimension, as opposed to a timeline, is a different environment entirely, with potentially different physical properties, laws of physics and dynamics between them, etc. Dimensions are represent an area of space and time. For example, the World of Void, the Room of Spirit and Time, Time Nest, and the Demon Realm would be considered alternate dimensions. Time is often regarded as a fourth dimension. Hence, you can of course call an alternate timeline as an alternate dimension, since it would exist concurrently with the reality of the observer. An alternate reality would be saying the same thing. It is isn't a different universe also. Basically, "alternate dimension / reality" is an umbrella term that can comprise of many things including an "alternate timeline". This is also the conclusion that is reached for all of the science-fiction pop culture that's out there. There is no other explanation.

You don't create a new timeline for each event lol. You have a limited number of time rings - 6 in total, out of which only 2 timelines are unknown timelines so these are your 2 variables. Everything in the main timeline (DB, DBZ, DBS, etc.) must not change or contradict anything. The reference point here is DBO which is by Toriyama, created in 2008, well before DBS ever was. He created the concept of the Time Patrol, Towa, Mira, etc. XV continued where DBO left off. Hence, these are your constraints. Now you have to fit all the events that occurred in GT, SDBH, XV, and DBO within these 2 timelines without any contradiction. Thus, it is an engineering problem. So far, I've done this. One of these timelines becomes GT in which Beerus did not wake up and Pilaf did not wish to become youthful. Goku arrived in time from Snake Way before Nappa killed any of his friends. This allows many movies to occur. Some movies cannot fit and hence, have to be put into the other timeline. The Android 21 arc simply occurs in a timeline in which Trunks did not arrive to the past to warn them of Black. The arrival of Trunks causes a change in events which prevents Android 21 from being activated. Most of the events of DBO occur in the future. Towa and Mira begin to create time anomalies around Age ~850. It is at this point, Chronoa, summons forth Trunks from the future timeline (Now Timeline 7). Then she eventually summons Goku: Xeno from the GT timeline in the future. I wrote an entire explanation for pretty much every event in the thread in my sig. If you find a contradiction, feel free to point it out.

It is evident that "canon" is undefined now in the present. What is defined is the DB and DBZ manga. For DBS, there are now two different continuities. Toriyama himself didn't say that they are "not canon" but that they exist in separate realities which I already explained above is the same thing as separate timelines. The Prison Planet arc for example, is easy to discount as "not canon", but it is actually the first arc where it recognizes the chronology of taking place after the Tournament of Power and showing two different versions of Goku - exemplifying that they do exist concurrently in two separate timelines.

Btw, all of this is headcanon. None of it is fact and I'm not stating it is. I'm stating that I like to make sense of things and that there is a way to make sense of it. As long as I don't contradict anything in the main timeline, I don't see why not.
XV doesn’t continue where DBO left off though. XV starts at Age 850 where DBO starts at Age 1000.

Also, i read your headcanon timeline stuff and you did a hell of a job trying to fit everything in. It kinda makes me wonder why the Universe 12 time traveler thing was even brought up. Its seems kinda useless to the overarching story.
The time ring can only go forward in the future. Giving Zamas a time machine that can go backwards builds tension because then it means that he can still kill Goku and his family in the present.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm

Bergamo wrote: The time ring can only go forward in the future. Giving Zamas a time machine that can go backwards builds tension because then it means that he can still kill Goku and his family in the present.
Yes, exactly. In the anime, they didn't even mention it.
AnimeNation101 wrote: Also, i read your headcanon timeline stuff and you did a hell of a job trying to fit everything in. It kinda makes me wonder why the Universe 12 time traveler thing was even brought up. Its seems kinda useless to the overarching story.
Thank you, at least some did read it lol. See? It's not impossible haha.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:50 pm

Here are my ideas:
I think the show will go to the topic about Beerus and Goku's new power. Assuming that Goku is on par with Beerus, they will explore on the following issues I am concerned about:
1. Will Goku be LESS respectful to Beerus just as he is to King Kai and the kais? How will Beerus respond to that?
2. What if for some reason the higher authority wants to replace Beerus with Goku as the next hakaishin. Will Beerus want that or what will happen to him if he is replaced?
3. Will they have a rematch?

I also think they will be a plot about Zalama and the Super Dragon Balls and maybe a story about the erased universes which will introduce the hakaishin that may had upseted Zeno enough to erase them. I think these hakaishin are actually eviler than any of the existing ones. I am also expecting that Sidra and Quitela are still holding grudges on Universe 7 despite the fact they had also wished for their return. I expect Sidra or Quitela to say something like this: "So what? They just fixed their own mess, I don't owe them or anything."

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:29 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Great Minds Think alike AnimeNation101! :thumbup:

Indeed that be the best of Ideas, the forming of friendships and powering up together instead of at each other to realize they are all together in the protect of their Universes against what would be Multiversail treat to them all, an INFINITY WARS Level of story if I would say so!

Could be from one of the originally erased universe just brought back or one of the 4 Univeres or more that where excluded from the ToP going to war with them or even the DEMON REALM Beings the main Foes!

I certainly Hope Toei has the same ideas or similiar! 8)
I think that these stories need to take after the end of Z to the weight it needs. That way we can't predict its ending and see different characters like Pan get development.
While I would be happy either way when they take place that might not be a bad idea, it would not be much time past either maybe, just a few years since the ToP arc, that would allow Pan to get started and Uub to become a main cast member too.

Also the weight ideal is very True. As long as whatever story brings back the other Universes into play again for more development and powering up, I am all for it! :)
I'm glad that ypu like my idea.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:03 pm

HOPEFULLY Not another shitty and/or boring/dragged retelling of the new Broly Movie. AND NEW MATERIALS, NO NEED TO REHASH COOLER AND OTHER NON-CANON CHARACTERS TO JUSTIFY THE SHOW'S RUN.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:57 pm

Planet Sadala and U11 Arc are a MUST.

Vegeta gotta fullfull his promise of visiting Sadala, and also they have to deal with the Evildoer and we could learn more about U11.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:09 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Planet Sadala and U11 Arc are a MUST.

Vegeta gotta fullfull his promise of visiting Sadala, and also they have to deal with the Evildoer and we could learn more about U11.
I honestly believe Planet Sadala Arc should've been executed after the Zamasu Arc was over.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:16 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I hope we don't see Cell come back. He's the last major arc villain from Z who hasn't allied themselves with Goku. Vegeta became a good guy, the two Buus became good guys, and Frieza is somewhere around Namek/Cell Vegeta in that he's allying himself with Goku out of pragmatism and convenience. Let him be that person who won't be reasoned with like 16 said. Besides, he didn't have any kind of support network that would want to wish him back anyway.
emperior wrote:It seemed like Super was building up to a mortal rebellion against the Gods, but it also feels like the mortals accept everything the Gods will do.
The line in episode 131 about “Goku and co. can change something” is really intriguing. I wonder what that something is. Maybe the Angels, including the Daishinkan and even the Zenos, are actually fine if the mortals rebel and destroy the whole Gods hierarchy? Maybe that would be the ultimate goal of DB Gods, to nurture the mortals until they are strong and righteous enough to even confront the Gods themselves.
One thing is for sure, this divine theme of Super will lead up to something important, and the end of DB will probably be strictly connected to it.
I think they might be referring to changing the way the gods are and their relationship with mortals, like Beerus changed from his time on Earth and knowing Goku. He was a callous asshole who destroyed over trivial things at the beginning but by the end he grows to respect the mortals on his team. The tournament put them in a position where the gods HAD to rely on mortals for their very survival.
Frieza isn't a good guy though.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Here's mine:

1. Make the series take place after the end of Z. Big time.

2. No more tournament arcs. Seriously.

3. Have the Z-crew split up and explore each of the universes in pairs, with Goku, Vegeta & Broly (if he survives the movie) going to U6 Planet Sadala on another quest with Caulifla, Cabba & Kale. This could expand on all of their characters, as well as the lore about Yamoshi, Shallot and Cumber (if they wish to canonize the latter 2).

4. An arc involving Android 21, with a focus on Androids 17 & 18. This could also be an opportunity to bring back Cell (since his origin ties in with A21's).

5. An arc involving Freeza trying to overthrow all the GoDs, Angels & Zeno. This could also tie into a potential Divine War/Multiversal Crisis saga which could serve as the grand finale of the DB Franchise.

6. A Pride Trooper saga, with a focus on Gohan/Great Saiyaman & Jiren. This would be an opportunity to expand on Jiren's and Toppo's characters & shed light on the evil doer that kill Jiren's family.

7. An arc involving Zalama and the lore surrounding him, with a focus on Piccolo.

8. An arc involving Uub and the real origins of Majin Buu.

9. An arc involving Tapion. He could be reintroduced as the 1st mortal time-traveler from U12. This could also be an excuse for Future Trunks & Future Mai to appear again.

10. A re-imaging of the Shadow Dragons.

11. An arc involving the Tuffles and their history with the saiyans. This could be an opportunity to reintroduce Baby.

12. And finally, an arc involving Hit and his backstory.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:46 am

zarmack wrote:Here's mine:

3. Have the Z-crew split up and explore each of the universes in pairs, with Goku, Vegeta & Broly (if he survives the movie) going to U6 Planet Sadala on another quest with Caulifla, Cabba & Kale. This could expand on all of their characters, as well as the lore about Yamoshi, Shallot and Cumber (if they wish to canonize the latter 2).

4. An arc involving Android 21, with a focus on Androids 17 & 18. This could also be an opportunity to bring back Cell (since his origin ties in with A21's).

5. An arc involving Freeza trying to overthrow all the GoDs, Angels & Zeno. This could also tie into a potential Divine War/Multiversal Crisis saga which could serve as the grand finale of the DB Franchise.

6. A Pride Trooper saga, with a focus on Gohan/Great Saiyaman & Jiren. This would be an opportunity to expand on Jiren's and Toppo's characters & shed light on the evil doer that kill Jiren's family.

7. An arc involving Zalama and the lore surrounding him, with a focus on Piccolo.

9. An arc involving Tapion. He could be reintroduced as the 1st mortal time-traveler from U12. This could also be an excuse for Future Trunks & Future Mai to appear again.

11. An arc involving the Tuffles and their history with the saiyans. This could be an opportunity to reintroduce Baby.

Maybe an eldirch horror and the time breakers would be involved for the grand finale where frieza teams up with them and then double cross them

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:55 am

Toxin45 wrote:
zarmack wrote:Here's mine:

Maybe an eldritch horror and the time breakers would be involved for the grand finale where frieza teams up with them and then double cross them
I was thinking more like an Anti-Monitor or Anti-Spiral type character as the final DB villain, but the Time Breakers or a Cthulhu type being would work too.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:41 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Planet Sadala and U11 Arc are a MUST.

Big time

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:53 pm

It seems that down to each idea’s core, every idea I’ve ever seen for a DBS arc can be fit into the following topics.

- Planet Sadala

- Jiren and his evil-doer

- Universes 13 to 18

- Universes 1, 5, 8, and 12

- End of Z and Uub

- Zalama

- Demon Realm

- Beerus rematch

- Reusing old characters

I will actually be surprise if the Dragon Ball Room doesn’t use at least 3 of these ideas
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Now we know Jiren's foe is a demon, one could arrange U11-arc first, resulting into a Demon Realm Arc, connecting them like the Namek and Freeza sagas.
I think we are first going to get Sadala after Broly.

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:28 pm

The arc after broly should be garlic or but not garlic it

Really reworked

Go into backstory of beerus
Previous u7 god of destruction that's evil that beerus defeats

Child of that u7 god comes back with minions

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:34 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:It seems that down to each idea’s core, every idea I’ve ever seen for a DBS arc can be fit into the following topics.

- Planet Sadala

- Universes 13 to 18

- End of Z and Uub

- Zalama

- Demon Realm

- Beerus rematch

- Reusing old characters

I will actually be surprise if the Dragon Ball Room doesn’t use at least 3 of these ideas
They would have to be really stupid if they don't use at least one of those ideas.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:54 am

A rushed, low-budget 25 episode retelling of the DBS Broly film

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:10 am

I would have more interest in visiting U6's Planet Namek and ascertaining whether they have Dragon Balls or not -- figure out what happened to the Namekian population after the TOP event and their representatives having merged with so many of their species. If Planet Sadala is going to be front and centre for an arc then try and use the opportunity to provide some more comprehensive lore on that universe as a whole.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:12 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:It seems that down to each idea’s core, every idea I’ve ever seen for a DBS arc can be fit into the following topics.

- Planet Sadala

- Universes 13 to 18

- End of Z and Uub

- Zalama

- Demon Realm

- Beerus rematch

- Reusing old characters

I think that all of those ideas are on the board but they would still need Toriyama's approval to do it.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.