Replacing Ultra Instinct "Omen" With Super Saiyan Blue Evolution

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Replacing Ultra Instinct "Omen" With Super Saiyan Blue Evolution

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Super Saiyan Blue Evolution, the result of the form of Super Saiyan Blue reawakening itself into something so much more potent in a very similar fashion to what Super Saiyan Blue Goku had went through in order to have gone to awakening, an extremely-taxing to say at the very least, new form called Ultra Instinct "Omen", now if in the duel between Goku and Jiren taking place in the overly cheesy and very lackluster Dragon Ball Super Television Special called This is the Ultimate Battle in all the Universes! Son Goku vs Jiren!!, one in which Goku would have been able to have convinced Vegeta to have meagerly donated some of his very own Genki into the Universe 7 Spirit Bomb this time around, would the spent Super Saiyan Blue: 20X Kaioken Goku only narrowly surviving his own Universe 7 Spirit Bomb and then having been able to escape the brink of death by awakening and having been completely revitalized by Super Saiyan Blue Evolution instead of only just briefly by Ultra Instinct "Omen", have a huge impact on the rest of the Universe Survival Saga if Son Goku had basically awoken not into Ultra Instinct "Omen", but Super Saiyan Blue Evolution?

Aman

Re: Replacing Ultra Instinct "Omen" With Super Saiyan Blue Evolution

Post by Aman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:02 am

God no.

SSBE is probably the worst transformation in the entire series. Omen is beautifully designed, why would you even consider it?

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:15 pm

Hell no. UI Omen is a superior form. Why replace it with a weaker transformation? Not to mention the transformation bombed in terms of reception. Nobody wants to see SSBE.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:20 pm

I don't care for Blue Evolution. While I think the idea of Vegeta and Gokuu having separate transformations is an interesting idea I think that they should both have the Secret of Selfishness.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:50 pm

Both are fantastic transformations but it makes perfect sense for Vegeta to have Evolution and Goku to have UI. It fits the respective characters very well and it fives each of them their own unique transformation rather than one ultimately copying the other.

Leave it as is. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:42 am

Kaiosama wrote:Hell no. UI Omen is a superior form. Why replace it with a weaker transformation? Not to mention the transformation bombed in terms of reception. Nobody wants to see SSBE.
Speak for yourself. Simply because you don't want to see it doesn't mean everybody doesn't want to see it.

But I think this would be a bad idea. I don't have any particularly strong feelings towards SSGSSE, but it doesn't hold a candle to UI "Omen" to me at least. Not to mention I like the idea of Goku and Vegeta having different and separable transformations for once.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:08 am

Complete UI might be superior, but is "Sign" superior in power to SSGSSE too? I'm not so sure.

Design-wise, I really like this form too. The aura feels so thick and all. I hope they don't do away with the transformation, personally.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Saturnine wrote:Complete UI might be superior, but is "Sign" superior in power to SSGSSE too? I'm not so sure.

Design-wise, I really like this form too. The aura feels so thick and all. I hope they don't do away with the transformation, personally.
Based on the performance from UI Omen against Jiren compared to SSBE, I think the writers made it pretty clear that Omen is superior. Also the producer of the movie saying that Goku is close to a God with Vegeta struggling to catch up while also telling us to only pay attention to Goku in this movie since it's his story. Clearly nothing interesting is going to happen with Vegeta to further develop his limit breaker.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:56 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
Saturnine wrote:Complete UI might be superior, but is "Sign" superior in power to SSGSSE too? I'm not so sure.

Based on the performance from UI Omen against Jiren compared to SSBE, I think the writers made it pretty clear that Omen is superior. Also the producer of the movie saying that Goku is close to a God with Vegeta struggling to catch up while also telling us to only pay attention to Goku in this movie since it's his story. Clearly nothing interesting is going to happen with Vegeta to further develop his limit breaker.
Sign of UI was used 3 times, and every one was considerably stronger than the previous. I'm still thinking SSjBE Vegeta should be stronger than Kefla at the very least.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:42 am

Saturnine wrote:I'm still thinking SSjBE Vegeta should be stronger than Kefla at the very least.
Vegeta beat Toppo without much trouble so it's safe to say he can also take down Kefla. How much effort it'd take is anyone's guess though as we don't know where she stands compared to Toppo but I highly doubt she's stronger.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Omen is among the best, if not the best transformation in all of Dragon Ball look-wise. Definitely the best lore-wise, with its mastered version.
I wouldn’t replace it with any other transformation.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:31 pm

Saturnine wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:

Sign of UI was used 3 times, and every one was considerably stronger than the previous. I'm still thinking SSjBE Vegeta should be stronger than Kefla at the very least.
Just confirmed today from the producer of Ep 131 that SSBE is about equal to SSBKK. So there's no way Vegeta should be able to defeat Kefla since she knocked out SSBKK Goku with 1 kick to the neck.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:09 am

Kaiosama wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Just confirmed today from the producer of Ep 131 that SSBE is about equal to SSBKK. So there's no way Vegeta should be able to defeat Kefla since she knocked out SSBKK Goku with 1 kick to the neck.
Ishitani Megumi was the storyboard artist and episode director of Episode #131, not 'producer'. She was also the assistant episode director for many episodes of the story arc.

The fact that Gokuu was using Blue Kaiou-Ken alongside Vegeta's Blue Evolution was pretty much the indication in the long run of those being equal to one another. It's nice to see Ishitani and Series Director Nakamura Ryouta confirm this, though.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:47 pm

It's no secret that Evo was meant to be equivalent to SSjBKKx20 at first. But then it clearly got stronger against Toppo. I wouldn't take statements over what we saw in the show.