DragonBall Super in Greece

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: DragonBall Super in Greece

Post by wjbraden » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:16 am

Thanks, I agree with you that the VA's need some more time to settle into their roles, but overall they did a pretty good job. Hope to hear more in the near future.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:26 am

I REALLY hope NIckelodeon wont get fined because that could be the end for the dub.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:29 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I REALLY hope NIckelodeon wont get fined because that could be the end for the dub.
I hope so too. They were fined like 26 times and out of those 26, they had to pay 18 with several amounts ranging from 15,000 to 30,000 euros.

The total would be 350,000 euros.

Yup, that may be why they are airing the dub at night. To (possibly) save their ass from another fine.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:24 am

wjbraden wrote:Thanks, I agree with you that the VA's need some more time to settle into their roles, but overall they did a pretty good job. Hope to hear more in the near future.
Yeah, you can't say that they did a bad job. But still, I have mixed fillings about this. I can't say that I like it same way I can't say I dislike it. I guess I need to see more.

Also, I forgot to mention that they didn't show the Next Episode Previews for some reason.

BTW, I found the Opening and the Ending with the credits translated in Greek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ali14JcFVDc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU8bB7hNt94

And here is a list with the VAs:
Tasos Ntapantas: Goku
Konstantinos Kakanas: Vegeta, Beerus, Narrator
Ifigenia Staikou: Bulma, Videl, Pilaf
Panagiotis Apostolopoulos: Gohan, Whis, King Kai
Stephanie Filiadi: Goten, Gregory, Shu
Dionissia Tsitiridou: Trunks, Chi-Chi, Mai
Pimis Petrou: Buu, Kibitoshin, Bubbles
Vasilis Milios: Mister Satan, Master Roshi, Elder Kai
And here are the same names in Greek:
Τάσος Νταπαντάς
Κωνσταντίνος Κακανάς
Ιφιγένεια Στάικου
Παναγιώτης Αποστολόπουλος
Στέφανι Φιλιάδη
Διονυσία Τσιτιρίδου
Ποίμης Πέτρου
Βασίλης Μήλιος
As you can see, we still don't know the VA for Piccolo, Krillin, Tien and some others.

I would also like to mention that Themis Psihogios, Greek voice of Goku in DBZ, wished Tasos Ntapantas (in Facebook) success.

If anyone wants the episodes in good quality (and info on where to find the next ones) send me a PM today. Tomorrow I will disable PMs again so now is your chance. :P

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:29 pm

Really interested to see who will voice Frieza, and if they will make him a male this time around ...

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:54 pm

All the voices so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUzTaI5BGGQ

The source:
http://goradio.gr/nea/ayto-einai-to-ell ... ball-super (mute the volume of your PC before visiting this link because they have loud music playing in the background)

Both the website and the video are wrong about the VA of Elder Kai who is voiced by Panagiotis Apostolopoulos and not by Vasilis Milios.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:27 pm

So far, they have aired 10 episodes. For some reason, when they aired again the first 2 episodes in January, they also changed the narrator. So now we have a new narrator (Vasilis Milios).

I would also like to say that I am really disappointed on how Vegeta sounds since episode 6. I think you can find some episodes on YouTube (ep.6, 8 and 9) and you will see what I mean. This is not Vegeta!

I really hope the VA realises soon that Vegeta should not sound like this.
TheRed259 wrote:Both the website and the video are wrong about the VA of Elder Kai who is voiced by Panagiotis Apostolopoulos and not by Vasilis Milios.
But since episode 3, Elder Kai is indeed voiced by Vasilis Milios.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:57 am

TheRed259 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:27 pm 2 clips from episode 27 were posted online:
Vegeta turns Super Saiyan Blue
Goku kills Freeza

Goku and Vegeta's screams were really good imo.
No, they're not. But they're not awful either.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:26 am

They nailed it with Buu's voice though. He sounds like the Japanese version.
P O W E R

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:02 am

Been out of the loop for a while, how many episodes have they aired so far?
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:01 am

wjbraden wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:02 am Been out of the loop for a while, how many episodes have they aired so far?
To be honest, I am not entirely sure myself... I stopped watching due to not having any spare time for it. I mean, I had seen the series before, so I could skip some episodes.
P O W E R

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:19 am

wjbraden wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:02 am Been out of the loop for a while, how many episodes have they aired so far?
27 episodes so far. They have shown the Golden Freeza Saga twice and now they are showing again the Battle of Gods Saga (3rd time).

Nickelodeon has also censored a few scenes from the Golden Freeza Saga like when Freeza tortured Gohan for example.

Also, I can't help but point out a very good line from Golden Freeza in episode 26 when he is about to kill Goku where he says: And now, the time has finally come when I will write with golden letters the epic epilogue of my magnificent revenge!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:27 am

TheRed259 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:19 am
27 episodes so far. They have shown the Golden Freeza Saga twice and now they are showing again the Battle of Gods Saga (3rd time).

Nickelodeon has also censored a few scenes from the Golden Freeza Saga like when Freeza tortured Gohan for example.

Also, I can't help but point out a very good line from Golden Freeza in episode 26 when he is about to kill Goku where he says: And now, the time has finally come when I will write with golden letters the epic epilogue of my magnificent revenge!
Although I am against watching the series on the internet, I can't keep up with the show. That said, do you know of any sites where I can watch the greek dub?
P O W E R

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:40 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:27 amAlthough I am against watching the series on the internet, I can't keep up with the show. That said, do you know of any sites where I can watch the greek dub?
Check your PMs but don't bother replying since I have disabled the PMs for my account.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:16 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:40 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:27 amAlthough I am against watching the series on the internet, I can't keep up with the show. That said, do you know of any sites where I can watch the greek dub?
Check your PMs but don't bother replying since I have disabled the PMs for my account.
I appreciate your help mate!!!
P O W E R

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:15 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:19 am
Ok, thanks Red259! :)

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:55 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:49 pm More clips and commercials and also a video of Tasos Ntapantas recording Goku in the studio.
Let us be honest. He is doing heck of a job! I admire him for his passion!
P O W E R

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Greece

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:21 pm

First teaser trailer for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero dubbed in Greek:
https://youtu.be/R4kaeapVpp4?t=154

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero will come out on home video by Digital Soul Entertainment in 2024. The voice actors that have been confirmed so far are: Panagiotis Apostolopoulos (Gohan), Akindynos Gkikas (Piccolo), Niki Georgakakou (Pan), Giorgos Mataragas (Goku), Argiris Pavlidis (Vegeta), Yiannis Tsoutsias (Gamma 1) and Vasilis Papastathis (Gamma 2).

Giorgos Mataragas (Goku in this movie) had voiced Goku in the past as well and more specifically in the redub of episode 197 in DeAgostini's Dragon Ball Z DVD release. In this panel he mentions that he had also done a voice test for Goku in the past for a Dragon Ball movie that Argiris Pavlidis was directing. I can't figure out what he's talking about since as far as we know there is no Dragon Ball movie directed by Argiris Pavlidis in the Greek dub. Giorgos Mataragas will also be the voice director for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero.

Panagiotis Apostolopoulos (Gohan in this movie) was the voice of Gohan, Whis, Frieza and Yamcha in Dragon Ball Super.

For the record, the movie had a theatrical release in Greece back on December 8, 2022 with Greek subtitles by Feelgood Entertainment and on December 29, 2022 in Cyprus by the same distribution company.