What would happen if a Human had gotten Ultra Instinct "Omen"?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

What would happen if a Human had gotten Ultra Instinct "Omen"?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:38 pm

Like in the Tournament of Power Saga with Krillin reaching it right when Ruthless Final Form Frost was going to knock him out of the ring with a dirty move? Or with a much more normal Human like us in the real world?

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What would happen if a Human had gotten Ultra Instinct "Omen"?

Post by Ssjcell » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:09 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Like in the Tournament of Power Saga with Krillin reaching it right when Ruthless Final Form Frost was going to knock him out of the ring with a dirty move? Or with a much more normal Human like us in the real world?
I certainly don't think that Kuririn roshi or Tien would be at jiren level or at god level if that's what your getting at.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Like in the Tournament of Power Saga with Krillin reaching it right when Ruthless Final Form Frost was going to knock him out of the ring with a dirty move? Or with a much more normal Human like us in the real world?
As much as I'd loved to see Krillin last more and not being taken out 32 episodes before the end of the series (instead of yelling "18-SAN" or "GOKUUUU" every damn 2 minutes from the seats - I honestly felt bad for his voice actor), the chances of him being able of performing UI is zeroish and would've made the fandom go mad as they did when Roshi had his psuedo UI against Jiren in the manga (a bad idea for itself, some even called for Toyotaro to be fired because of it and Shueisha had enough of the YouTube rants and made the likes of Geekdom101 be suspended for "copyright issues" despite doing these videos ever since Super had began).

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:46 am

Green_Goblin wrote:
As much as I'd loved to see Krillin last more and not being taken out 32 episodes before the end of the series (instead of yelling "18-SAN" or "GOKUUUU" every damn 2 minutes from the seats - I honestly felt bad for his voice actor), the chances of him being able of performing UI is zeroish and would've made the fandom go mad as they did when Roshi had his psuedo UI against Jiren in the manga (a bad idea for itself, some even called for Toyotaro to be fired because of it and Shueisha had enough of the YouTube rants and made the likes of Geekdom101 be suspended for "copyright issues" despite doing these videos ever since Super had began).
Geekdom made a video a few hours ago, so unless this is super recent news, I don't know what you're on about. Fans get salty every month, it's not like chapter 39 is any different from Toyotaro's usual standard of quality.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 am

I have doubts that humans have any potential to transform into any limit breaking form as Saiyans do. No doubt they could use the technique, but not the transformations as in "Omen"

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:41 am

Bergamo wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote:
Geekdom made a video a few hours ago, so unless this is super recent news, I don't know what you're on about. Fans get salty every month, it's not like chapter 39 is any different from Toyotaro's usual standard of quality.
He was blocked by the end of last week for 3 days because of his rants against Toyotaro, even though he's basically doing PR for their franchise for free for almost 4 years now only when he began to rant against Toyotaro and saying he and his ideas are "stupid" and "ruining the franchise" he "suddenly" got blocked because Shueisha had filled a "copyrights violation"report.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:50 am

Not sure if they would be able to use the transformation like others mentioned. In the technical sense it could prove to be an invaluable tool for them. If you take what was seen from Roshi in the latest chapter and apply it to one of the other humans then perhaps they could have held out against some of the other fighters like Frost. I don't know. Probably that assessment is wrong. At the very least it would make Goku study their movements and actions more to get more of an idea of how Ultra Instinct works.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:23 am

Green_Goblin wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote: As much as I'd loved to see Krillin last more and not being taken out 32 episodes before the end of the series (instead of yelling "18-SAN" or "GOKUUUU" every damn 2 minutes from the seats - I honestly felt bad for his voice actor), the chances of him being able of performing UI is zeroish and would've made the fandom go mad as they did when Roshi had his psuedo UI against Jiren in the manga (a bad idea for itself, some even called for Toyotaro to be fired because of it and Shueisha had enough of the YouTube rants and made the likes of Geekdom101 be suspended for "copyright issues" despite doing these videos ever since Super had began).
He was blocked by the end of last week for 3 days because of his rants against Toyotaro, even though he's basically doing PR for their franchise for free for almost 4 years now only when he began to rant against Toyotaro and saying he and his ideas are "stupid" and "ruining the franchise" he "suddenly" got blocked because Shueisha had filled a "copyrights violation"report.
This stems from the conceited belief that Shueisha and Toei actually care about the opinion of western DB fans. You can throw around wild accusations all day, but what's the point?
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:20 am

Anyone can do the copyright complaint on youtube. They have a really bad policy for this. We don't know is Shuiesha is really doing it, it seems unlikely.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:35 pm

They'd still be fodder.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:53 pm

Depends.

The Super anime treats Ultra Instinct like a pseudo transformation where you need to reach a particularly high plateau of power to gain access to into. But once you gain access to it, it give you a huge boost in strength, speed, durability and an instinctive adaptability in battle.

The Super manga (so far) treats it as a technique that ANYONE can potentially gain access to. You just have to be really fucking lucky. And even then, it may not last more than a few seconds.

If it's the criteria of the anime we're talking about, the human could get a potentially huge increase in strength. If it's the criteria of the manga we're talking about, nothing will likely change.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:04 pm

I'm of the opinion that the level of mastery over the Ultra Instinct explain its strength at any given moment.

So, unlocking Ultra Instinct is all about how well you can push this limit-breaking power, rather than the strength of the user.

Goku could obviously push the Ultra Instinct to levels surpassing a mortal that surpassed even a God of Destruction before he surpassed his own limits, but I don't know if the Humans could do the same like the Saiyan prodigy that Goku is. Their bodies might not be able to handle the strain.

However, suppose they did get the same level of mastery as Goku did with Ultra Instinct Omen, assuming my interpretation is correct? They'd be exactly as strong, then. But I realize my interpretation is a minority opinion and not everyone believes it.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:07 pm

What I find wierd is that people that mediate and clear their mind never having achevied it, but thats just it. I think humans can immitate it like Roshi did, but I don’t think humans no matter how strong they are can shut their brain off and let their body move on its own, even Beerus a God has a hard time to do it. I’d say humans could obtain it but they aren’t a warrior race. If Gods havd a problem doing it then it would be a 1 in 1 trillion chance a human would. Goku got lucky, he is the type that when you beat him to where he is not concious, his body will act on its own kind of like a relfex on pure stubbornes and will power. I think that was a big key in to him unlocking, and most Saiyans are like that. I think thats why most Gods can’t obtain it, because they’ve never been beaten to a inch of their life.

ZesaInfiniteX

Post by ZesaInfiniteX » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:20 pm

Ssjcell wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:09 pm
I certainly don't think that Kuririn roshi or Tien would be at jiren level or at god level if that's what your getting at.
Krillin, Roshi or Tien would be at Jiren or God level if they had MUI

ZesaInfiniteX

Post by ZesaInfiniteX » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:27 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 am I have doubts that humans have any potential to transform into any limit breaking form as Saiyans do. No doubt they could use the technique, but not the transformations as in "Omen"
Uh no. Humans can use the transformations as in omen. And the humans can have any or much potential to transform into any limit breaking form as saiyans do. Not everything has to be about saiyans.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:09 pm

Fans would have revolted. How dare humans have something cool?
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:25 pm

Goku is undergoing transformations that boost his power and unlock Ultra instinct is my understanding so Humans wouldn't get omen regardless. I would love for this to be explained later as that's the way I see it.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:55 pm

It basically did happen with Muten in the manga.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:30 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:38 pm Like in the Tournament of Power Saga with Krillin reaching it right when Ruthless Final Form Frost was going to knock him out of the ring with a dirty move? Or with a much more normal Human like us in the real world?
I wish I got it, that way when someone sneezed at me I could dodge all of the coronavirus germs.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:07 am

ZesaInfiniteX wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:27 pm
mute_proxy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 am I have doubts that humans have any potential to transform into any limit breaking form as Saiyans do. No doubt they could use the technique, but not the transformations as in "Omen"
Uh no. Humans can use the transformations as in omen. And the humans can have any or much potential to transform into any limit breaking form as saiyans do. Not everything has to be about saiyans.
A lot of "can" with no sources, so here's a complimentary "If you say so, mr. Toriyama".
And stop replying to 2018 comments.