The Future of Dragon Ball Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Toxin45
Regular

Re: The Future of Dragon Ball Super

Post by Toxin45 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:17 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I mean, it gave us Goku Black -- one ot the best antagonists in all of Dragon Ball -- and they've already maxed on the threats that can come from Universe following the whole "28 planets of life" tidbit that was revealed in the Universal Survival arc.
Like jiren's evildoer? I mean the other universes dosen't seem to have that very serious threats aside from Zamasu.
We know nothing of Universe 1, 5, 8, and 12. We know nothing of Univeres 13 to 18 which maybe have been brought back by 17’s wish. Plenty of Universes with possible future antagonists.

Or a power antagonist can be created by one of the universes we already know of.
And they still would be mortals who can't compete with the angels or Zeno unless the final antagonist is a mindless cosmic horror above them.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:47 am

Toxin45 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Like jiren's evildoer? I mean the other universes dosen't seem to have that very serious threats aside from Zamasu.
We know nothing of Universe 1, 5, 8, and 12. We know nothing of Univeres 13 to 18 which maybe have been brought back by 17’s wish. Plenty of Universes with possible future antagonists.

Or a power antagonist can be created by one of the universes we already know of.
And they still would be mortals who can't compete with the angels or Zeno unless the final antagonist is a mindless cosmic horror above them.
Well, to be fair. Zeno can’t really follow fights that are faster than light according to the T.o.P when he needed slow motion to watch Dyspo vs Hit. For all we know, Zeno could just be a glass cannon who has incredible power (not physical power) or only one incredibly op ability (since all we’ve seen him do is erase and thats it), but can be taken out easily if a bit were to connect.

All we need is a villain smart enough, cunning enough, and powerful enough to do something like seal the GP, and Zenos away. And that can easily be achieved with the Super Dragon Balls as they can do anything
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:32 am

I would like the main story with Goku & co. to end, close it up with the EoZ. They are milking the Toriyama cash cow as much as possible and it's ruining the series imo.

Instead, I'd like the rest of the DB universe to be explored from different POVs and with a different cast.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:36 am

Rakurai wrote:I would like the main story with Goku & co. to end, close it up with the EoZ. They are milking the Toriyama cash cow as much as possible and it's ruining the series imo.

Instead, I'd like the rest of the DB universe to be explored from different POVs and with a different cast.
Nah end of z would be an arc and later explore other universes.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:48 am

Toxin45 wrote: Nah end of z would be an arc and later explore other universes.
A story like DB cannot continue indefinitely, it needs to have closure and they are only filling the gaps right now. Look at Naruto, they're trying to go beyond the ending with Boruto and it stinks.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:49 am

Rakurai wrote:
A story like DB cannot continue indefinitely, it needs to have closure and they are only filling the gaps right now. Look at Naruto, they're trying to go beyond the ending with Boruto and it stinks.
Don't compare Naruto with Dragon ball.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:28 am

Rakurai wrote:
Well many didn't like the final villain either as it ruined the potential of Madara who was built up the entire series.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:54 am

Toxin45 wrote: Don't compare Naruto with Dragon ball.
I don't see why not. Both have/had a weekly anime and monthly manga set after the events of the original series. Both are stretching the story for the sake of milking the cash cow instead of letting mangaka allow a conclusion to their franchise.

DB is no exception. They've proven they cannot continue the series without Toriyama's name and even then, he is being quite unoriginal or bland as proven with the latest movie & Super. Nobody else excepts perhaps Toyo can write a decent DB sequel story at this point.
CTAkuma wrote: Well many didn't like the final villain either as it ruined the potential of Madara who was built up the entire series.
I don't believe for one second it would have mattered whether Madara or Kaguya would've been the final villain. The Boruto film was already in production during the manga serialization, and the anime was still plenty behind thanks to filler. Studio Pierrot was not going to stop the cash cow for them that is the Naruto franchise.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:58 am

Rakurai wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Don't compare Naruto with Dragon ball.
I don't see why not. Both have/had a weekly anime and monthly manga set after the events of the original series. Both are stretching the story for the sake of milking the cash cow instead of letting mangaka allow a conclusion to their franchise.

DB is no exception. They've proven they cannot continue the series without Toriyama's name and even then, he is being quite unoriginal or bland as proven with the latest movie & Super. Nobody else excepts perhaps Toyo can write a decent DB sequel story at this point.
CTAkuma wrote: Well many didn't like the final villain either as it ruined the potential of Madara who was built up the entire series.
I don't believe for one second it would have mattered whether Madara or Kaguya would've been the final villain. The Boruto film was already in production during the manga serialization, and the anime was still plenty behind thanks to filler. Studio Pierrot was not going to stop the cash cow for them that is the Naruto franchise.
We are going to get more dragon ball super from now on whetever you like it or not.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:36 pm

Appearently a big panel coming up for Jump Festa on 22-23 December. Most of you probably already now.
Blue Goku on the poster, there is very big news concerning Super. It is going to be the big news of the event.
I personally doubt they would have an half an hour panel only for a movie.
It's not completely confirmed yet, but it seems the anime is coming back in 2019 guys.

I can't give an URL to the poster itself, it's in Japanese. But i saw it on Saikyo Devin's YouTube's channel (French), pretty reliable guy.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:25 pm

Rakurai wrote:I would like the main story with Goku & co. to end, close it up with the EoZ. They are milking the Toriyama cash cow as much as possible and it's ruining the series imo.

I don’t care what anyone else says in this thread, I agree with every word and literally had the same thoughts.

We’ve expanded throughout all the universes and gone to the top of power and somehow every single story we explore centers around Goku which is 100% BS.

Back in the “golden Era” we got side stories even on earth which didn’t center around Goku. Now he’s the center of the multiverse and it’s beyond awful. We’ve have many movies that worked without Goku at all.

The trunks special, the Bardock movies/special, GT special, heck we even had 2 of the 3 Broly movies not even star Goku. Goku isn’t a necessity to continue the storyline and were severely limiting the story by hyper focusing on Goku and perceived marketability.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:56 pm

I would like something new. That's all.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.