The Future of Dragon Ball Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

The Future of Dragon Ball Super

Post by Xeztin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:15 am

The movie ended with a cliff hanger, the franchise isn’t done. We know Broly will more than likely be used in future arcs. If the manga and anime retell Broly its more than likely going to take up 2-4 months. But what comes after? Freeza said he’d be back so theres no doubt he’ll be trying to find people again. If Toriyama adopts more movie characters who do you think will be next? Bojack, and Janemba are probably the only way to go. Or do you think it will be an original arc? Me personally, I think we may get ancient Saiyan lore at one point.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: The Future of Dragon Ball Super

Post by Lionel » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:01 am

Something original please. Rehashes and contemporary interpretations of classic scenes and characters only goes so far before it starts to become bland, in my opinion. If they want to, there's always the four erased universes or Zarama whom they could finally reveal. Please just no transformations at least for awhile.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:27 am

Hopefully no more strong foes from Universe 7.

I seriously wonder what they are going to do going forwards, just more strong mortals from other universes, that still don't come close to the Angels?
Would be great, if there was something that could even threaten Zeno's position. Maybe Zalama is finally revealed and s/he wants to take over everything?
Either way I think if it's just going to be strong mortals, who aren't a real threat to the Angels and above, then it's going to become stale, but at this point, maybe they are just going to be aiming for fun battles with not too much at stake.
Where can Toriyama really go from here and does he want to?

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:36 am

DBSuper should be a seasonal anime with a different time slot. That way, they have much more time to produce good art and animation, take more time writing the plots and could get away with more mature content.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:35 am

I'd love to see something new, especially a new bad guy who won't turn good. But if I had to bet I'd say they'll once again use Frieza just cause they are lazy.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:10 am

I think it is high time for Toriyama's version of Demon Realm, along with Time Breaker and Time Patrol stuff. They are villains that cannot turn into good guys so there's that too.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:36 am

Knowing this show there will be a Tournament after the Broly arc. Probably involving Goku and Vegeta doing the main thing with some other contestants only filling the blanks. Then Sadala. Then another Tournament. Then something with Jiren or Freeza again. Then End of Z. At some point we will get another info like this:

"Hey, people!

You remember Son-Gohan/ Super Saiyan 4/Cooler?

Apparently it was someone I once drew for a few pages in my manga and I believe he was Goku's son/ something that was invented for the continuation show Dragon Ball Grand Tour by Matsui- and Nakatsuru-san/the brother of Freeza whom was designed by me and who I never would use because his final form is tall and intidating even though i now also want his brother to be tall.
The anime staff approached me about how cool you think this is so I watched the show/movie and thought about how I could bring this in ... et cetera."

NOT that I complain. I love that stuff. But it would be hilarious.
Last edited by Cetra on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:38 am

I'd love to see angels get surpassed

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:55 am

After a slightly disappointing view of the universes in the ToP (excluding U6, U7 and U11), i'd really like to see the rest of the universes that didn't participate.

Or, we could just move on to EoZ already... :)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:05 am

I'm still holding out hope that we'll move beyond End of Z. It won't create "tension" or anything like that but there's not really anything about these new stories that needed to be set before that.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:10 am

I like the idea of Super returning as seasonal anime, but I feel Toei won't make that happen.

I can't judge the movie route till I see the Brolli movie, but the trickle of news leading up to it made it difficult to stay engaged.

I do miss the week to week simulcast of new episodes and the fun they brought, but the time and day they aired (7pm/8pm Saturday night) weren't the easiest for me and while I'd be happy to have the weekly experience back I may start watching on my own time rather than me trying to be on Super's time. Like I'd have my dinner and then go watch the subs an hour later and then do my fan art. At least when it comes to episodes and arcs I'm not as interested in. I'd try to make it live for an episode I really like. I guess it'd depend on what the next arc will be about.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:16 am

I mean, it doesn’t end on a cliffhanger, no. The film’s story is completely resolved by the time the credits roll.

That said, it’s quite obvious Super will be continuing and with Broly as a prominent fixture.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:43 am

They're gonna do a anime retelling of the Broly movie and then (hopefully) springboard into story that has a central antagonist from another universe.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:46 am

Lord Beerus wrote:They're gonna do a anime retelling of the Broly movie and then (hopefully) springboard into story that has a central antagonist from another universe.
Like a green Kaioshin with white hair hopefully.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:59 am

Cetra wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:They're gonna do a anime retelling of the Broly movie and then (hopefully) springboard into story that has a central antagonist from another universe.
I mean, it gave us Goku Black -- one ot the best antagonists in all of Dragon Ball -- and they've already maxed on the threats that can come from Universe following the whole "28 planets of life" tidbit that was revealed in the Universal Survival arc.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Cetra wrote:
I mean, it gave us Goku Black -- one ot the best antagonists in all of Dragon Ball -- and they've already maxed on the threats that can come from Universe following the whole "28 planets of life" tidbit that was revealed in the Universal Survival arc.
Like jiren's evildoer? I mean the other universes dosen't seem to have that very serious threats aside from Zamasu.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:13 pm

The story is far from over. I like original villains like Zamasu, don't mind occasional reboots but they don't need to happen all the time.
If they do Sadala or Demon Arc, i hope it's with completely original characters.

And i still appreciate UI will return one day to fight a cosmic-scale threat.
Unexpected, after Goku has truely mastered it through training with Whis.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:50 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:The story is far from over. I like original villains like Zamasu, don't mind occasional reboots but they don't need to happen all the time.
If they do Sadala or Demon Arc, i hope it's with completely original characters.

Like what type of original villains? Comics horrors demons or whatever you think of?

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:55 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:The story is far from over. I like original villains like Zamasu, don't mind occasional reboots but they don't need to happen all the time.

Like what type of original villains? Comics horrors demons or whatever you think of?

Now we have had two main antagonists, Broly and Jiren, that aren't actually 'bad' guys as such.
I'd like to see some real old school badass villains again. The ones that dare to stay creepy till the end.

Jirens evildoer is a demon. You could start a U11-arc introducing this demon, only to expand this story later in a Demon Realm Arc.
For instance. Or another cosmic-scale threat. But you don't need to reboot Janemba for that.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:38 am

Toxin45 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Like jiren's evildoer? I mean the other universes dosen't seem to have that very serious threats aside from Zamasu.
We know nothing of Universe 1, 5, 8, and 12. We know nothing of Univeres 13 to 18 which maybe have been brought back by 17’s wish. Plenty of Universes with possible future antagonists.

Or a power antagonist can be created by one of the universes we already know of.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"