Which Would Be The Better Ultimate Saiyan Form? SSJ4 or PSSJB?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Which Would Be The Better Ultimate Saiyan Form? SSJ4 or PSSJB?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:37 pm

Super Saiyan 4, the ultimate form of the Saiyan warrior race as seen and showcased in the Dragon Ball GT series by Toei Animation, Perfected Super Saiyan Blue, the ultimate form of the Saiyan warrior race as seen and showcased in the very Dragon Ball Super Manga series by Toyotarō, which of these two supremely powerful transformations do you think is the best to call the true ultimate form of the Saiyans to strive for?

GreatJaiyaman
Banned

Re: Which Would Be The Better Ultimate Saiyan Form? SSJ4 or PSSJB?

Post by GreatJaiyaman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:18 pm

Super Saiyan 4 because its similar to the great ape form and seems more like a natural evolution, multi color hair is cool and all but totally random honestly. Just for fun, imagine if Ss4 is actually a base form of ancient saiyans, but the bloodline has been diluted over the centuries to become the saiyans we know today! That would be an interesting story arc.
VegettoEX is a snowflake

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:49 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Super Saiyan 4, the ultimate form of the Saiyan warrior race as seen and showcased in the Dragon Ball GT series by Toei Animation, Perfected Super Saiyan Blue, the ultimate form of the Saiyan warrior race as seen and showcased in the very Dragon Ball Super Manga series by Toyotarō, which of these two supremely powerful transformations do you think is the best to call the true ultimate form of the Saiyans to strive for?
Well, PSSB has been surpassed by Vegeta, so it can hardly be called the Ultimate Saiyan Form.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:09 pm

SSBE is the ultimate Saiyan transformation. Divine Ki combined with SSJ to form SSB, and then mutated to break the limits of that transformation. A literal divine transformation screams more "Ultimate" to me than being a monkey with red fur, even if the SSJ4 form is a more aesthetically creative transformation.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:19 am

SSJ4. Not even a contest for me. The true original Super Saiyan form. Calling back to controlling the Great Ape form is and always will be the true Ultimate form to me. Especially compared to Blue. 4 just looks and feels like a better form in every way to me.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:24 am

Super Saiyan 4 is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of what a normal Saiyan can reach through training. Not only have they displayed a mastery of the previous forms, but now bring balance to their Suoer Saiyan power with their natural Oozaru form, and by achieving clarity, reach the apex of their species.

The divine forms I consider to be happy accidents. Super Saiyan God was lost to time, but through a ritual was brought back. Vegeta showed us a ritual really wasnt necessary and that all it took was a divine mentor. Blue is doing for the God forms what Super Saiyan did for the base Saiyan.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:26 am

GreatJaiyaman wrote:Super Saiyan 4 because its similar to the great ape form and seems more like a natural evolution, multi color hair is cool and all but totally random honestly. Just for fun, imagine if Ss4 is actually a base form of ancient saiyans, but the bloodline has been diluted over the centuries to become the saiyans we know today! That would be an interesting story arc.
SDj4's red fur is random too. Also, it feels too close in appearance to base to be so powerful. The creators of DBS: Broly acknowledged this, with the tribute form being below SSJ.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:57 pm

Super Saiyan Rosé would be the ultimate Saiyan form. That is the form of a Saiyan who has literally ascended to godhood. That is the form of a Saiyan who was a mortal, but gained the soul of a God.

Of course, because it is the ULTIMATE Saiyan form, only one in history has achieved it, and that was Goku Black, also known as Zamasu, a Kai who retained his divine soul even after he threw away his original body. But I am certain that if Goku or Vegeta were to become a God of Destruction, they would gain access to Super Saiyan Rosé, since I assume that Gods of Destruction, while mortals in the past, have gained divine souls through whichever ritual they go through to ascend to that position.

When Goku and Vegeta are in Super Saiyan 4/Perfected Super Saiyan Blue, they still possess a mortal soul, when they could have a divine soul and a godly Saiyan form that matches it instead. So, basically, they are not at the apex of their potential.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:29 pm

SS4 is the apex of the Saiyan body

God is the apex of Saiyan ki

Blue is God powered up by a non-apex Saiyan body transformation

As "Ultimate Form" goes, I guess that would make Blue the "more ultimate" form compared to SS4

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:41 am

Ultra Instinct, naturally...

Oh and i guess Broly’s Full Power Super Saiyan form too.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:09 am

Super Saiyan Blue KK, the most aesthetically pleasing and potentially the most powerful state bar Ultra Instinct.
SSJ4 has a good concept but the execution looks terribly bad, eye liners, fur coat, magical clothes appear out of nowhere when transforming and that annoying tail are simply a joke.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:16 am

Saturnine wrote: SDj4's red fur is random too. Also, it feels too close in appearance to base to be so powerful. The creators of DBS: Broly acknowledged this, with the tribute form being below SSJ.
Tribute form being below SSJ beating up SSGod Goku and Vegeta :roll:

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:26 pm

It would be cool if Broly evolved his Ikari form into ssj4 to be a form above his legendary form and then train with Whis to gain god ki...that’s a stretch but a man can dream lol

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:29 pm

However, although I’d say blues more of an ultimate form, ssj4 just has the the appearance and ferocity of an ultimate form. But I have a theory...if we have base to ssj and god to blue...if we got a new series could we see an ssj form to Ultra instinct? That could really be possible and would be the be all end all for saiyan transformations...the true ssj.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:40 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
Saturnine wrote: SDj4's red fur is random too. Also, it feels too close in appearance to base to be so powerful. The creators of DBS: Broly acknowledged this, with the tribute form being below SSJ.
And also being able to stand up against Super Saiyan Blue Son Goku.

Burakku

Post by Burakku » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:49 pm

SSJ4 by far

God ki is not good concept... Even more if everything and their mother can reach this level without having it currently.

Further more while I despite GT... and some design aspects of SSJ4 like ehz has Gogeta red hair. The story of gaining it is fantastic and is far more Saiyan like than god ki or even the simple blonder longer hair

I hope it comes back until canon and Broly and his Ikari form is the first step

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:52 pm

The monkey fur, eye liners and cholor scheme look ridiculous for SS4, i would go as far as to say it looks hideous.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
And also being able to stand up against Super Saiyan Blue Son Goku.
I don't understand how that's relevant if Broly still had to go regular SSj1 :D

It's not about the power of the transformation, but the warrior's inherent power. Transformations are just multpiliers, and Broly's SSj gives him a higher one than a SSj4 callback form said to mix the power of an Oozaru and the base form.

Kefla
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kefla » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:06 am

Super Saiyan 4, not only looks better it’s far more original looking than those repaint forms we’ve been getting. Basic is great but not always the right choice.

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:05 pm

Super Saiyan 4 is more visually distinct and refers back to the Saiyans' association with apes while also bringing the long-dormant Oozaru form back into the fold.

Super Saiyan Blue is just a recolor that feels like a self-parody of the Super Saiyan transformation.