Broly's next form(s) / Development!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Broli Broly

Broly's next form(s) / Development!

Post by Broli Broly » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:42 am

So, what do you think Broly's next power-up stage/form will be? Is he going to access god ki and use SSG (LSSG?) & SSB like Goku & Vegeta? Or is he going to use another branch of forms that is different, which might be related to his unique ability to use the Great Ape's power in human body without even having a tail (like SSJ4 to some degree)?
Please, feel free to share your opinions :mrgreen:

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Broly's next form(s) / Development!

Post by Saturnine » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:33 am

Well, Kale has already shown the next logical step he needs to take before evolving further.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:22 pm

I kinda like the old development line Broly has. However I'm not so sure that Kale's mastered form is the most logical one for Broly as they are from different Universes and there are differences between them. One is that Broly is berserk even in his SSJ form.
Last edited by Hulk10 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Honestly, that's a tough question. Having not seen the movie yet, nor really know how this Broly is, making statements like "maybe he will get Blue one day" feels odd.

But it all depends how involved he will be going forward. I dont want them to do what they did to Kale and make his Full Power form skinnier with just green hair. Give us a hulking, no pupil berserker. A true monster of a form. That's what I love about it. And Kale had that. But it wasnt the focus. With Broly, it needs to be the focus

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:12 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Honestly, that's a tough question. Having not seen the movie yet, nor really know how this Broly is, making statements like "maybe he will get Blue one day" feels odd.

But it all depends how involved he will be going forward. I dont want them to do what they did to Kale and make his Full Power form skinnier with just green hair. Give us a hulking, no pupil berserker. A true monster of a form. That's what I love about it. And Kale had that. But it wasnt the focus. With Broly, it needs to be the focus
I agree with you on that one.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Next stop is either going God Ki route and becoming Broly God or Kale route and getting Super Saiyan 2

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:31 pm

The fact that we're talking about Broly's next powerup is...

So fucking depressing.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:51 pm

kemuri07 wrote:The fact that we're talking about Broly's next powerup is...

So fucking depressing.
Why? There's a good chance he'll return to the series and it's almost a new character.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:58 pm

Broli Broly wrote:So, what do you think Broly's next power-up stage/form will be? Is he going to access god ki and use SSG (LSSG?) & SSB like Goku & Vegeta? Or is he going to use another branch of forms that is different, which might be related to his unique ability to use the Great Ape's power in human body without even having a tail (like SSJ4 to some degree)?
Since he's using more Oozaru power, maybe something along those lines. Maybe a proto-SSJ4 state. Can keep the fur brown to make it distinct from SSJ4. How sick would it be if he got green LSSJ fur to match his deceased buddy!? On second thought, green fur would literally look like sickness if he was covered in it :sick:
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:07 pm

BWri wrote:
Broli Broly wrote:So, what do you think Broly's next power-up stage/form will be? Is he going to access god ki and use SSG (LSSG?) & SSB like Goku & Vegeta? Or is he going to use another branch of forms that is different, which might be related to his unique ability to use the Great Ape's power in human body without even having a tail (like SSJ4 to some degree)?
Since he's using more Oozaru power, maybe something along those lines. Maybe a proto-SSJ4 state. Can keep the fur brown to make it distinct from SSJ4. How sick would it be if he got green LSSJ fur to match his deceased buddy!? On second thought, green fur would literally look like sickness if he was covered in it :sick:
What's wrong with the old SSJ4 design?

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:14 pm

Broly should not have a new form. Make him control his LSSJ and he can use it with reason like in his first movie. Then you have what he is known for and actually come close to meeting the very reason why he was re-introcued in the first place because, newsflash, "people like a guy because he is called Broly" was not the reason.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:19 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
BWri wrote:
Nothing at all. I'd like to see it in canon at some point, but its clear that Super wants to distance itself from GT. I don't think we'll ever see anything wholesale from GT in Super but we might get bits and pieces, I think.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:21 pm

BWri wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
BWri wrote: Since he's using more Oozaru power, maybe something along those lines. Maybe a proto-SSJ4 state. Can keep the fur brown to make it distinct from SSJ4. How sick would it be if he got green LSSJ fur to match his deceased buddy!? On second thought, green fur would literally look like sickness if he was covered in it :sick:
Nothing at all. I'd like to see it in canon at some point, but its clear that Super wants to distance itself from GT. I don't think we'll ever see anything wholesale from GT in Super but we might get bits and pieces, I think.
I agree. Your probably right.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:31 pm

Broly should just control his SSJ Full Power form like Kale did. That is all. That should be the form he’s going to use for the rest of his life. He should get pupils and greatly slim down while his hair, eyebrows and aura remain green ofcourse.

If Broly ever should get another transformation, than it should be after a LONG time. That is, after many many arcs when Goku and Vegeta are fighting Grand Priest tier fighters. Than and only then would Broly massively benefit from having Ultra Instinct. Not only will it give him the ability to move without thinking, but it will also give him Godly Ki. That’s 2 birds with one stone! But for now, he doesn’t need it. He’s plenty of strong on his own and he can only get stronger.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:34 pm

I like the idea of Broly having his original transformations, you know the LSSJ2, LSSJ3 stuff like that.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:23 am

Hulk10 wrote: What's wrong with the old SSJ4 design?
The fact that the body fur isn't brown or golden, but an illogixal, random red - for one thing. Well, brown would look too weak and kinda correspond to Broly's Ikari form more, which is below his regular SSj. But golden would have not only looked great, but also fit in much better in the SSj line. The SSj4 we got just feels too disjointed. And it really looks like it desperately wants to evolve into something more final-looking, for instance with the golden fur I mentioned above.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:41 am

It’s clear Broly will learn to control his Super Saiyan full power state.
If he does that he will already be on a level above Beerus. Of course to fully control the form he probably has to first learn how to not lose his reason in his Ikari form, but if Vegeta could control the Oozaru then Broly too can control that power.
Then if Broly could learn Ultra Instinct and possibly pair it with his Ikari state than that could make him incredibly powerful. He’s probably the character with the most potential introduced so far, so I expect big things from him.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Saturnine wrote:
The fact that the body fur isn't brown or golden, but an illogixal, random red - for one thing. Well, brown would look too weak and kinda correspond to Broly's Ikari form more, which is below his regular SSj. But golden would have not only looked great, but also fit in much better in the SSj line. The SSj4 we got just feels too disjointed. And it really looks like it desperately wants to evolve into something more final-looking, for instance with the golden fur I mentioned above.
You mean like this one? Image

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:25 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Yep. I'd take this over what we got in GT anyday :D

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:28 pm

Saturnine wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Yep. I'd take this over what we got in GT anyday :D
Yeah that one does look cool and it looks powerful. :D