Dragon Ball 2019 Predictions Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball 2019 Predictions Thread

Post by emperior » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:52 am

Shaddy wrote: And fine, if I have to make a prediction, I'll say I'm not 100% certain Shintani will personally return, I think it's possible that his style is being standardized but the role of character designer could go to someone like Shintani, given that he's normally a movie-only guy. Though, Dragon Ball is a big enough property it may be considered pretty high-end work regardless.
I don’t understand this “Shintani is a movie-guy” thing people say. Toriyama handpicking him basically solidified his status as the animation character designer for Dragon Ball’s main stories written by Toriyama from now on, be them movies, TV shows or whatever other thing. Toei mostly giving Shintani movie works doesn’t mean they can’t tell him to stay as the character designer of DB. And besides, even if Shintani stopped being CD they wouldn’t throw all his designs which took months to complete, with Toriyama approving each one and even providing some corrections, so at the very least we could see some new animator handling the designs for new characters, but then it would be a mess unless the new animators’ style of drawing Goku, Vegeta, Burma and co. isn’t the same as Shintani’s.
Which is why I’m 100% positive Shintani will stay as Dragon Ball’s character designer for a long time.
ZombieVito wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I wouldn't go that far.
He desperately needs to go.

He can't get characters right at all.
I have to agree with this. Toyotaro should just handle spin-offs.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:07 am

Toriyama directs a fighting adventure game. He's contributed with concepts in role playing ones, and the gaming scene is too big for him not to try, so now he gets to continue the story in this medium.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:10 am

emperior wrote:I’m 100% positive Shintani will stay as Dragon Ball’s character designer for a long time.
For what? I don't see anything else for the future, just a garbage promotional anime. :(
I'm sorry, but now I lost my hope for Dragon Ball Super 2.0. :cry:

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:01 pm

It's already been confirmed, though. Not on an official level, but it exists already and people are doing stuff for it.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:10 pm

I'm afraid it was false. If the series won't start in April or July, why they worked on it in last October?
As I said in other topic: No announcement, no Tsuji, no Sumitomo, no new DB merch being announced.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:02 pm

Sani007 wrote:
emperior wrote:I’m 100% positive Shintani will stay as Dragon Ball’s character designer for a long time.
For what? I don't see anything else for the future, just a garbage promotional anime. :(
I'm sorry, but now I lost my hope for Dragon Ball Super 2.0. :cry:
Of course they won’t announce a new show while the movie still has to air in a lot of countries and when it hasn’t even aired in the United States, which they marketed so much they even showed the first trailer for the first time there in the summer event of DB they did in the States.

Be patient. A new show will surely happen.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 pm

Sani007 wrote:I'm afraid it was false. If the series won't start in April or July, why they worked on it in last October?
As I said in other topic: No announcement, no Tsuji, no Sumitomo, no new DB merch being announced.
There's no direct confirmation as to whether it is or isn't starting then. We don't have all the information yet, and just because you don't think it's starting then doesn't mean the information was false about pre-production in October. People who are working on the show told Ajay about it and it's not really his thing as a mod of this community and a known figure in the western fandom to just lie about shit like this. Unless whoever he talked to was lying or misinformed, it is a fact that Super 2.0 exists. The other shit you stated isn't "proof" nor is it anything Dragon Ball requires to exist in the first place.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:16 pm

Sani007 wrote:I'm afraid it was false. If the series won't start in April or July, why they worked on it in last October?
The April thing is true. The July thing is false. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=37626&start=1860#p1570544

July seems to be the most logical and most likely date for DBS 2.0.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:38 pm

I think for the Anime the only Really Prediction of 2019 to Truly expect right is some form of an announcement on where Toei might be bringing it back. It be surprising that it would not be sometime in 2019, but honestly what I would expect for 2019 and a Prediction I would Like to happen is that they are considering the time to bring it back to go along with the increases in the quality of not just the artwork but of the writing of the Anime.

I don't want the anime to rush back if they are going to continue some of the writing issues they had in the last series, so honestly I am not all that disappointed if it would be later in 2019 or in 2020 the series comes back, so long as they are putting their best foot forward into getting the writing to a much higher quality.

So I expect some announcement of the series, just the details of what they are doing with the series and their game-plan for it will be the most important.

As for others I say in Video Games I expect their to be more New Downloadable Characters for FigtherZ, mostly from the ToP Arc!

Also a Xenoverse 3 game at least announced with the ToP taking central focus.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:39 am

Shaddy wrote:
There's no direct confirmation as to whether it is or isn't starting then. We don't have all the information yet, and just because you don't think it's starting then doesn't mean the information was false about pre-production in October. People who are working on the show told Ajay about it and it's not really his thing as a mod of this community and a known figure in the western fandom to just lie about shit like this. Unless whoever he talked to was lying or misinformed, it is a fact that Super 2.0 exists. The other shit you stated isn't "proof" nor is it anything Dragon Ball requires to exist in the first place.
Okay, it exists, just nobody talks about it and no one will work on it, who previously worked on Dragon Ball, like Nagamine, Sumitomo, Tsuji, Ide, Karasawa, Takahashi.
The only "official" confirmation is an Italian voice actor who then said he was misunderstood.
And of course I didn't say Ajay was lying. He wrote this: "Feel like the EU licensor who mentioned the projected Spring release to me misunderstood something."

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:07 am

Okay,

1. You don't know for certain that all of those people aren't on the project. Maybe they aren't right now, but even then some of those aren't even confirmed. Heroes isn't big proof of anything as far as I it, whatever resources are into show, it's not going to be prioritized over the main attraction. There's also a ton of other people who worked on Super 1.0 than the ones you listed

2. It not releasing in Spring and it not existing are two very different things. I never said for sure it was coming in Spring. All I'm saying here is we don't have a complete picture, and we shouldn't assume anything big is or isn't happening until we get more information. All we know for sure is that it is happening. And of course nobody's talking about it publicly, they're not supposed to while it hasn't been announced.

If you're really hopeful for the series to come back, why are you fighting so hard to have the most pessimistic and defeatist possible outcome?

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:23 am

I can't tell you how much I waiting for the series' comeback. :cry:
I just got tired of the many fan theory. Dragon Ball Kai went to hiatus because: it was the original manga ending/they"ll animate the kanzenban ending (lol). No it was just a cancel.
Then Dragon Ball Super went to hiatus because of Kitaro anniversary/Broly movie, etc.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:32 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: The anime, when it returns, just needs a good series composer for the long haul. Because of how much of a rush job Super was right out the gate -- the show had only 2 months of pre-production -- Toei were juggling around different series composers who had different directions they wanted to take Super. The show had five different series composers over the course of 131 episodes. In comparison, Dragon Ball Z, over the course of it's near 300 episode life span, just had two series composers. The lack of time they had to plan the anime fucked up everything before an episode was even animated. It didn't help that at the time they decided Super would be a thing that Toei's resources were being heavily stretched with other projects on their plate. It's nothing short of miracle that they were able to turn things around by the Future Trunk arc aired.
Bandai and Fuji TV really forced Super to happen but that’s not what I want to talk about. I’m more concerned that Super may not come until late 2019 or Early 2020. With both ASDs in Ide and Tsuji on different shows ( Ide is on One Piece and Tsuji on Heroes), I think October or 2020 is becoming more likely. I hope that Super 2.0 improves if we ever find out when it is coming out.
According to Ajay, Super storyboarding pre-production started in October. Storyboarding happens after script. I dont see them i dont see them doing 13+ (for October 2019) or 16+ (for Jan 2020) months of pre-production. Thats a little overkill.

I think July is the latest with April being the most likely month.
I don't think so but I hope you are right.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:16 am

Super will be confirmed to return to TV, if not straight up start airing, this year. A safe prediction, perhaps, but a prediction nonetheless. (I held a poll asking "Do you think Super will return to TV in 2019", and the results were overwhelmingly "Yes", so plenty of people are expecting this.) Some people think it'll have a name change when it does return to TV, but I personally doubt that, even if "Dragon Ball SuperZ" would be pretty funny.
I would say a new Dragon Ball game would be announced this year, but that's recently been confirmed, so that's not a prediction anymore.
The manga will continue as it has, and I predict that the Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc won't finish in 2019, but will continue into 2020.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:46 pm

Well what can i say? My DB Action-RPG game prediction was right!?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:31 pm

- The anime will return and it'll kick off with a retelling of the Broly film, adapting the rest of Toriyama's cut script
- The Galactic Patrol arc will likewise be adapted in the anime
- Toyotaro will be ahead of the anime for at least two major story arcs for the entirety of 2019
- The manga's next arc will bring Broly back into the fold and heavily center around the Saiyans
- We'll see Goku use Ultra Instinct against Moro, but he still won't be able to fully control it
- Broly will take the charge as the series' third major lead

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:03 pm

OhHiRenan wrote:- The anime will return and it'll kick off with a retelling of the Broly film, adapting the rest of Toriyama's cut script
- The Galactic Patrol arc will likewise be adapted in the anime
I hope you're right about these.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:15 pm

I hope for more anime episodes or something with Heroes since the game comes out in april
-Mark

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:20 pm

It was mentioned in the previous chapter that the Grand Supreme Kai used all of his Godly ki in order to seal away Moro
Quote: "And so, the Great Lord of Lords gave up most of his Godly power in order to seal away Moro's magic"

I think this will tie into how Goku and Vegeta lose their God ki in 2019

Full list;

1. Goku and Vegeta lose access to God ki
2. Frieza will die again
3. Shin and Kibito will re-fuse
4. Beerus will go back to sleep, and so Whis will depart Earth too until such a time where Beerus re-awakens
5. Goten and Trunks will both age
6. Timeskip to Goku leaving with Shenron and absorbing the Dragon Ball's. Shenron takes him to train with Whis privately for one hundred years, and Goku will appear in front of Pan at the World Tournament after meeting Goku Jr at Mount Paozu
7. Following this, Trunks will be pulled from his double-self timeline, and will join Time Patrol - leading to a Time Patrol arc.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:25 pm

shadowmaria wrote:2. Frieza will die again
4. Beerus will go back to sleep, and so Whis will depart Earth too until such a time where Beerus re-awakens
5. Goten and Trunks will both age
7. Following this, Trunks will be pulled from his double-self timeline, and will join Time Patrol - leading to a Time Patrol arc.
From your lips to Dende’s ears.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~