Dragon Ball 2019 Predictions Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Dragon Ball 2019 Predictions Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:19 pm

shadowmaria wrote:It was mentioned in the previous chapter that the Grand Supreme Kai used all of his Godly ki in order to seal away Moro
Quote: "And so, the Great Lord of Lords gave up most of his Godly power in order to seal away Moro's magic"

I think this will tie into how Goku and Vegeta lose their God ki in 2019

Full list;

1. Goku and Vegeta lose access to God ki
2. Frieza will die again
3. Shin and Kibito will re-fuse
4. Beerus will go back to sleep, and so Whis will depart Earth too until such a time where Beerus re-awakens
5. Goten and Trunks will both age
6. Timeskip to Goku leaving with Shenron and absorbing the Dragon Ball's. Shenron takes him to train with Whis privately for one hundred years, and Goku will appear in front of Pan at the World Tournament after meeting Goku Jr at Mount Paozu
7. Following this, Trunks will be pulled from his double-self timeline, and will join Time Patrol - leading to a Time Patrol arc.
This sounds like a load of fanfic ideas but hey. Predictions are predictions.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Dragon Ball 2019 Predictions Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:22 pm

OhHiRenan wrote:- The anime will return and it'll kick off with a retelling of the Broly film, adapting the rest of Toriyama's cut script
- The Galactic Patrol arc will likewise be adapted in the anime
- Toyotaro will be ahead of the anime for at least two major story arcs for the entirety of 2019
- The manga's next arc will bring Broly back into the fold and heavily center around the Saiyans
- We'll see Goku use Ultra Instinct against Moro, but he still won't be able to fully control it
- Broly will take the charge as the series' third major lead
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Sounds like a Planet Sadala arc to me.

4. Na. Heroes alone has already made UI less special by using it against Cumber (and it wasn’t even an impressive showing of UI). I really hope they dont use it for Moro. Save it.

5. Eh. I’ve thought this too. Its Goku, Vegeta, and Broly from now on. But at the same time, i’d like it if Broly just remained a wild card.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Tai Lung
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1513
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: Dragon Ball 2019 Predictions Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:32 am

BWri wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:Toyo getting control over the Super anime is legit one of my biggest nightmares.

:thumbdown:
For you and me both.....

But the Moro arc can be depicted in the anime without necessarily being a strict adaptation of the manga, so that's encouraging. With that being said, I think Toyotaro is doing a surprisingly good job with that arc so far.
I unfortunately have to be the third to agree. While I like some of Toyotaro's ideas and his conservative and more consistent power scaling, I just don't find his writing to be very satisfying. Most of his interesting ideas never really go anywhere or feel fleshed out, like Trunks being a Kaioshin apprentice and most of his arcs just end up feeling flat by the end, even when I like them. I just find it boring most months or absolutely horrible like 70% of the ToP chapters.

I think Toei overall has much better writers, but they need a more consistent showrunner or "lorekeeper" for lack of a better term.
I will be the fourth to agree

toyotaro did good Zamasu arc but his TOP version is an aberration .. he deserves a retcon

my predictions?
an original exclusive arc of the anime made by toei and toriyama simply so that both anime and manga become independent and none have the need to adapt

episodes dedicated to the universes

next arc after of epilogue

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Dragon Ball 2019 Predictions Thread

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:50 am

BWri wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:Toyo getting control over the Super anime is legit one of my biggest nightmares.

:thumbdown:
For you and me both.....

But the Moro arc can be depicted in the anime without necessarily being a strict adaptation of the manga, so that's encouraging. With that being said, I think Toyotaro is doing a surprisingly good job with that arc so far.
I unfortunately have to be the third to agree. While I like some of Toyotaro's ideas and his conservative and more consistent power scaling, I just don't find his writing to be very satisfying. Most of his interesting ideas never really go anywhere or feel fleshed out, like Trunks being a Kaioshin apprentice and most of his arcs just end up feeling flat by the end, even when I like them. I just find it boring most months or absolutely horrible like 70% of the ToP chapters.

I think Toei overall has much better writers, but they need a more consistent showrunner or "lorekeeper" for lack of a better term.
I would say his scaling is definitely more conservative, but not more consistent. I otherwise agree with everything else though.

BWri
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 838
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 1:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball 2019 Predictions Thread

Post by BWri » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:59 pm

PFM18 wrote: I would say his scaling is definitely more conservative, but not more consistent. I otherwise agree with everything else though.
Which parts of his scaling would you say aren't consistent?
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21005
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball 2019 Predictions Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:11 pm

Whoever predicted that it would be announced that Super would return in 2019, it seems that prediction was on the money.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1890
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare, Ireland

Re: Dragon Ball 2019 Predictions Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Whoever predicted that it would be announced that Super would return in 2019, it seems that prediction was on the money.
That's certainly not surprising as its profits were only going one way (up) and obviously Broly is doing really well. Can't wait :D
Selling
- Arrival DVD single
- Betrayal DVD single

Looking For
- Showdown DVD single

If interested PM with offers

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Dragon Ball 2019 Predictions Thread

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Whoever predicted that it would be announced that Super would return in 2019, it seems that prediction was on the money.
That's certainly not surprising as its profits were only going one way (up) and obviously Broly is doing really well. Can't wait :D
Can’t wait for Toei to officially announce it instead of lying to our faces about Super’s return.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Post Reply