Which Form Do You Think Is The Most Underappreciated?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Which Form Do You Think Is The Most Underappreciated?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:12 am

Going by all of the forms appearing in the four installments of Dragon Ball, such as Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, and Dragon Ball Super, which is the most underappreciated?

BWri
Regular

Re: Which Form Do You Think Is The Most Underappreciated?

Post by BWri » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:31 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Going by all of the forms appearing in the four installments of Dragon Ball, such as Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, and Dragon Ball Super, which is the most underappreciated?
Probably Oozaru. It really didn't have much prominence after Saiyan saga. One of the coolest things in GT was how important this particular form became and how all the new forms in GT centered on it. And arguably the most interesting Saiyan form, SSJ4, descends from it. I'd like to see it influence other U7 Saiyan forms as well, maybe Broly's.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:40 am

Before Super, I would have said SSJ2. But with its return to prominence in the latter arcs, it probably goes to Oozaru. Though Broly is sort of using it with his new form

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:01 pm

While it's not a form per se, I do miss when Goku used Kaioken without Super Saiyan. I realize that having Super Saiyan basically nullifies any advantage Kaioken has until he has access to Super Saiyan Blue, but I still think it's underrated.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Definitely SSBE. It looks amazing, with the pupils and the better looking blue color, and the streaks in the hair. It also has meaning for his character, and was the catalyst for him to achieve his biggest accomplishment ever, in defeating a GoD.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:01 pm

I have to agree. It's Oozaru the gets short changed these days. With SS3 I get, the forms got a crippling weakness and their are better forms to use now. God not only keeps appearing but also gets new stuff to do even if it's not winning fights.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:09 pm

The grade forms from the Cell arc. Everyone talks about how shitty they are in combat as if they were characters in the story, rather than readers of the story. In the story, the forms help to flesh out Goku's attempt at improving the Super Saiyan state, and drive home how correct his approach was.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:00 pm

Without a Doubt for me it is SSJ-3!

I Always Nicknamed it "The Lion's Mane" of SSJ Forms! 8)

Honestly this one came onto the DB Scene like a Storm and just looked awesome whenever it was used, either in Z, the Movie, Super and Even GT. However it crippling feature of power drain was a problem, but like SSJ1 that took some time to evolve and make better threw the Android and Cell arcs, Toei should have made a story plot to discover how the master this form and for some reasons they never went for it.

It is so forget that it is skipped over whenever Going powers up form SSJ-2 to Red, which is sad for those of us that enjoyed it and its unique look and style it brought to the battles. :cry:

My hope is that with Caulifla having desires to dicover SSJ-3 with Kale and Cabba that maybe THEY to figure out a way to Make SSJ-3 an Awesome and Usable form again! :angel:
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”
~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!
:clap:

Brianne De Chateau~~Ribrianne!~~
My #1 Favorite in All of Dragon Ball!
:thumbup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012, Learn more about Me There!
8)

:arrow: http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Tai Lung
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:50 pm

I would certainly say that the ssj3, I say at least the ssj2 had the purpose of being the one who defeated the enemy but in the Buu arc not that. besides that its only weakness is wear

the ozaru was supposed to be obsolete due to the loss of reasoning, the weakness of the tail or the moon, the size makes it an easy target and the increase was very poor compared to other transformations

I do not know, I say that the change was established as a "natural selection" all the Saiyans who could do it are already dead and those who are alive lost their tail, so ..

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:16 am

Super Saiyan 3 and Blue both get a fair bit of flack, but they're two of my favourite forms.

I think Super Saiyan 3 sells the escalation of power and the idea of being an evolution of Super Saiyan better than 2 did. It's like, if you're gonna go in, go all in. Meanwhile, Blue just looks nice. People scoffed at Toriyama's explanation that he wanted a weak/calming colour (can't remember the exact quote) but I honestly think that works. It makes it stand out in a way no other form before has. I hope to see more of it with the Shintani redesign.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:28 pm

Super Saiyan God.
I love its simplicity and the slimmer look of it. The form has grown on me a lot and I wished it could have been the strongest form of Goku/Vegeta for a while instead of being discarded immediately.
My canon