Chuquita wrote:I don't think it's impossible for them to go past EoZ, but the character designs for people like Bulma and Krillin (not to mention the kids) have problems lining up with EoZ.
Like Bulma's whole thing in the Brolli movie is wishing herself younger, but in EoZ she looks her actual age.
The real reason Toriyama won’t go after EoZ is because he has no idea what to do with the story after it, or is unwilling to change the ending of his manga. And of course all involved parties are okay with that because a midquel is the safest option.
The “characters in EoZ were too old” excuse is just bullshit at this point:
• Bulma had just a wrinkle, and she could finally wish herself younger if it’s such a problem to have her getting older.
• Chi-Chi and her father don’t matter to the story.
• Krillin being old also doesn’t change anything considering how he isn’t used much anymore and even if he got used, there could be a few fun dynamics with him having gotten older and such.
• Tenshinan is used even less than Krillin, and again it would be fun to see him old.
• Roshi, Piccolo, Buu and 18 didn’t change.
• Mr Satan could get hair transplant if Toriyama doesn’t like him bald lol. Anyways, he’s also not important to the story.
• Goten and Trunks finally aged up actually would be good.
I personally continue to believe that, in order for modern Dragon Ball to go forward and become more of its own thing, they need to get over the ending of the manga. Even if I personally like it a lot.