"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare / Sligo, Ireland

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:23 pm

Super Saiyan God wrote:Guys, could someone for the god sake guess me that if broly movie adapted into series or not?
On the other hand, is this Super 2.0 would start on april or something?
Since none of us know for a fact but your asking us to guess anyway I'm going to say yes - Broly will be retold. His role in the series will be important going forward and I can't see that being just glanced over in the series.

I can't see the series coming back any earlier than July. TOEI probably want to get those Broly Blu-Rays out, so they should be in stores about May and then when they've shifted a decent number of copies they will close the book on that movie and turn people's attention to the new series.
Selling
- Arrival DVD single
- Betrayal DVD single

Looking For
- Showdown DVD single
- any of the Bridge Ent DVDs containing the Big Green dubs

If interested PM with offers

User avatar
Tai Lung
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1651
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:43 am

the animation or the writing can vary, I would say that now it should be better but in retrospect, the big mistake of super that will persist is to follow before the epilogue ..

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15085
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:01 am

I don't think it's impossible for them to go past EoZ, but the character designs for people like Bulma and Krillin (not to mention the kids) have problems lining up with EoZ.

Like Bulma's whole thing in the Brolli movie is wishing herself younger, but in EoZ she looks her actual age.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 4152
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Location: Dragon World
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:44 am

Chuquita wrote:I don't think it's impossible for them to go past EoZ, but the character designs for people like Bulma and Krillin (not to mention the kids) have problems lining up with EoZ.

Like Bulma's whole thing in the Brolli movie is wishing herself younger, but in EoZ she looks her actual age.
The real reason Toriyama won’t go after EoZ is because he has no idea what to do with the story after it, or is unwilling to change the ending of his manga. And of course all involved parties are okay with that because a midquel is the safest option.

The “characters in EoZ were too old” excuse is just bullshit at this point:
• Bulma had just a wrinkle, and she could finally wish herself younger if it’s such a problem to have her getting older.
• Chi-Chi and her father don’t matter to the story.
• Krillin being old also doesn’t change anything considering how he isn’t used much anymore and even if he got used, there could be a few fun dynamics with him having gotten older and such.
• Tenshinan is used even less than Krillin, and again it would be fun to see him old.
• Roshi, Piccolo, Buu and 18 didn’t change.
• Mr Satan could get hair transplant if Toriyama doesn’t like him bald lol. Anyways, he’s also not important to the story.
• Goten and Trunks finally aged up actually would be good.

I personally continue to believe that, in order for modern Dragon Ball to go forward and become more of its own thing, they need to get over the ending of the manga. Even if I personally like it a lot.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:12 am

Weekly Dragon Ball creates the best discussion. The art style doesn't really matter that much to me and I jusy hope they we get more characters involved again.

After the Tournament of Power I just want a lot of new characters instead of just a few as I find that more entertaining and creates deeper and more interesting arcs.

I assume they have to do the Broly arc but hopefully havr many changes.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6690
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:14 pm

emperior wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I don't think it's impossible for them to go past EoZ, but the character designs for people like Bulma and Krillin (not to mention the kids) have problems lining up with EoZ.

Like Bulma's whole thing in the Brolli movie is wishing herself younger, but in EoZ she looks her actual age.
The real reason Toriyama won’t go after EoZ is because he has no idea what to do with the story after it, or is unwilling to change the ending of his manga. And of course all involved parties are okay with that because a midquel is the safest option.

The “characters in EoZ were too old” excuse is just bullshit at this point:
• Bulma had just a wrinkle, and she could finally wish herself younger if it’s such a problem to have her getting older.
• Chi-Chi and her father don’t matter to the story.
• Krillin being old also doesn’t change anything considering how he isn’t used much anymore and even if he got used, there could be a few fun dynamics with him having gotten older and such.
• Tenshinan is used even less than Krillin, and again it would be fun to see him old.
• Roshi, Piccolo, Buu and 18 didn’t change.
• Mr Satan could get hair transplant if Toriyama doesn’t like him bald lol. Anyways, he’s also not important to the story.
• Goten and Trunks finally aged up actually would be good.

I personally continue to believe that, in order for modern Dragon Ball to go forward and become more of its own thing, they need to get over the ending of the manga. Even if I personally like it a lot.
Toriyama never planned ahead, so saying he has no idea is a bland argument.

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 4152
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Location: Dragon World
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:23 pm

sangofe wrote:
emperior wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I don't think it's impossible for them to go past EoZ, but the character designs for people like Bulma and Krillin (not to mention the kids) have problems lining up with EoZ.

Like Bulma's whole thing in the Brolli movie is wishing herself younger, but in EoZ she looks her actual age.
The real reason Toriyama won’t go after EoZ is because he has no idea what to do with the story after it, or is unwilling to change the ending of his manga. And of course all involved parties are okay with that because a midquel is the safest option.

The “characters in EoZ were too old” excuse is just bullshit at this point:
• Bulma had just a wrinkle, and she could finally wish herself younger if it’s such a problem to have her getting older.
• Chi-Chi and her father don’t matter to the story.
• Krillin being old also doesn’t change anything considering how he isn’t used much anymore and even if he got used, there could be a few fun dynamics with him having gotten older and such.
• Tenshinan is used even less than Krillin, and again it would be fun to see him old.
• Roshi, Piccolo, Buu and 18 didn’t change.
• Mr Satan could get hair transplant if Toriyama doesn’t like him bald lol. Anyways, he’s also not important to the story.
• Goten and Trunks finally aged up actually would be good.

I personally continue to believe that, in order for modern Dragon Ball to go forward and become more of its own thing, they need to get over the ending of the manga. Even if I personally like it a lot.
Toriyama never planned ahead, so saying he has no idea is a bland argument.
It’s not about planning ahead, it’s just that I personally believe Toriyama doesn’t know what to write after Goku’s departure with Uub and probably believes the finale is too perfect for him to go beyond it and then having to come up with a new one.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4514
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:43 pm

Chuquita wrote:I don't think it's impossible for them to go past EoZ, but the character designs for people like Bulma and Krillin (not to mention the kids) have problems lining up with EoZ.

Like Bulma's whole thing in the Brolli movie is wishing herself younger, but in EoZ she looks her actual age.

Here's an idea about EOZ: Bulma, prompted by Goku's careless remarks about how old she looks now, finally gets to make her wish to be younger, but she accidentally wishes it for everyone.
It's weird how both her older sister and her mother are way older than Bulma is in EOZ yet they both look younger.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13818
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:58 pm

Michsi wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I don't think it's impossible for them to go past EoZ, but the character designs for people like Bulma and Krillin (not to mention the kids) have problems lining up with EoZ.

Like Bulma's whole thing in the Brolli movie is wishing herself younger, but in EoZ she looks her actual age.

Here's an idea about EOZ: Bulma, prompted by Goku's careless remarks about how old she looks now, finally gets to make her wish to be younger, but she accidentally wishes it for everyone.
It's weird how both her older sister and her mother are way older than Bulma is in EOZ yet they both look younger.
That's pretty much what I want. It'd give us young characters with older minds which can mean more comedy and fan service.
She/Her | Extremely Online MILF

User avatar
prince212
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 793
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:30 pm
Location: wild west

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by prince212 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:38 pm

I think they lost an opportunity in future trunks arc to separate eoz timeline with super timeline , eoz timeline being the one zamasu killed goku , but later he was revived..
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 4152
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Location: Dragon World
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:56 pm

Michsi wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I don't think it's impossible for them to go past EoZ, but the character designs for people like Bulma and Krillin (not to mention the kids) have problems lining up with EoZ.

Like Bulma's whole thing in the Brolli movie is wishing herself younger, but in EoZ she looks her actual age.

Here's an idea about EOZ: Bulma, prompted by Goku's careless remarks about how old she looks now, finally gets to make her wish to be younger, but she accidentally wishes it for everyone.
It's weird how both her older sister and her mother are way older than Bulma is in EOZ yet they both look younger.
I never thought about how Bulma seemingly is the only female of his family who aged. Her mother and sister look like they are immortals lol.
Anyways, as I wrote above, the only character of the EoZ cast who would be better off younger is Bulma. Having Krillin, Tenshinan and company being aged is more than fine in my opinion.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

User avatar
Tai Lung
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1651
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:43 am

we would have had to sacrifice humans for being very old but if uub to represent them so is not the problem is so big
uub would have had a rival to cabba that would motivate him to improve

TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1220
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheRed259 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:33 pm


User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21087
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:31 pm

TheRed259 wrote:Here it says 67 episodes:
https://issuu.com/worldscreen/docs/tv_l ... pe_2019/14
Even for a placeholder number, that's an incredibly random amount of episodes.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6154
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:36 pm

TheRed259 wrote:Here it says 67 episodes:
https://issuu.com/worldscreen/docs/tv_l ... pe_2019/14
Is that blurb there supposed to be for Super in general, or...?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6155
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ajay » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:44 pm

The event programs are often out of date and/or incorrect.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:53 pm

emperior wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
emperior wrote: That’s what I have been saying too. We have to analyse this from a business standpoint: they will want to keep the momentum from the movie high to ensure the brand continues to profit even more.
In order to do so, they will want the show to be aired as soon as possible, which is why I’m quite sure Super will return in April. As for the announcement, now that the movie has aired everywhere the new show may be announced anytime.
I don't think it's happening any earlier than July, for several reasons:

1. They are using the Post Movie gap (Feb - June) to finish ToP marketing, now when it came to DBS in 2017 when they bothered to actually market the show properly with frequent releases of merchandise they had to sacrifice the Champa arc because the U.S arc was about to start. Now if the show returns in April it doesn't make sense why they'd concentrate on marketing things that might not be relevant anymore ie Evolution Vegeta & UI "Omen" Goku. The finishing of ToP stuff goes on through to June, to me it doesn't make sense for them to do that if the show has returned in April.

2. There is now new found emphasis on overseas and many countries I am sure haven't finished DBS 1.0 yet so July would also be a good buffer and allow better chance of simultaneous airings.

3. July allows time for things to breathe. We just had a massive event movie that was no doubt propelled due to no new weekly content on the air, and so a summer return for DBS allows folks to digest the movie and get their tastebuds tingling again, Toei can then slowly build up hype again for a new series. This would also allow the movie to make as much as it can with no focus anywhere but on that, especially for home video. Perhaps big of all doesn't overwhelm people with too much content.

4. Potential retelling. If the show has a retelling of Broly then April definitely feels too soon, ResF at least had the benefit of BoG being told first with Broly taking place almost immediately after the ToP there wouldn't be much buffer time for it. After 7/8 months people may also be more open to a retelling.
1-2. Your first two points are very solid. I may argue that they didn’t want to market new toys which may potentially spoil a new show, because they need to keep the movie hype at full swing at least until it finishes airing in the US. A new show leaking would mean that fans may stop talking about the movie and to talk about the new show, and that wouldn’t be a good thing. Which is why they were so fast to deny the NATPE article about new Super episodes.

3. I don’t really agree with this: I don’t think they should give people time “to breathe”. If giving people time to breathe would be more profitable, they would make a seasonal show but it’s a better strategy to have people on the edge of their seat every week with full hype for a new episode, and Bandai’s projected earnings agree with me considering how they projected less earnings for 2018 ever since Super was over.
And the sooner Super comes back, the more exposure it gets and the more the brand grows bigger.

4. I doubt they will want to retell the movie, though, especially if they wait all these months to ensure everyone gets to see it or buy its home release.
Be Super coming back in April, July or later, retelling the movie doesn’t seem like the optimal choice in any circumstance. April would be too soon, July or later would mean that they waited for everyone to see the movie thus fans would be angry at yet another retelling.
I think the series will comes out in July just because of the marketing of the merchandise this year but I understand why you think it will be April.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Regular
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:43 am

I feel like this thread shouldn't remain. I knew of the "continuation" news before I went to this site but I'm thinking about how I'd feel if I didn't see the twitter post first and went to this site instead and I would be heated (I'm still kind of upset now). I would expect this from a youtuber but not for a site known for posting official news. Most of the big youtubers don't wait an hour or two for translations and official announcements so I take their info with a grain of salt and apologize when I turn up wrong, but I feel like this site should know better. This could just be damage control but what if it isn't? There is no evidence whatsoever and I feel like this classifies as false info.

I'm more upset at the fact that this is the second or third time fake news for the anime coming back came up. Enough is enough.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:38 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:I feel like this thread shouldn't remain. I knew of the "continuation" news before I went to this site but I'm thinking about how I'd feel if I didn't see the twitter post first and went to this site instead and I would be heated (I'm still kind of upset now). I would expect this from a youtuber but not for a site known for posting official news. Most of the big youtubers don't wait an hour or two for translations and official announcements so I take their info with a grain of salt and apologize when I turn up wrong, but I feel like this site should know better. This could just be damage control but what if it isn't? There is no evidence whatsoever and I feel like this classifies as false info.

I'm more upset at the fact that this is the second or third time fake news for the anime coming back came up. Enough is enough.
Do you actually believe this? There is no way they would go to a licensing conference asking for licensing for a series with no new episodes being produced. There’s no way the first report was fake and the thread should still stay up until an official announcement is made.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Regular
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:13 pm

majinwarman wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:I feel like this thread shouldn't remain. I knew of the "continuation" news before I went to this site but I'm thinking about how I'd feel if I didn't see the twitter post first and went to this site instead and I would be heated (I'm still kind of upset now). I would expect this from a youtuber but not for a site known for posting official news. Most of the big youtubers don't wait an hour or two for translations and official announcements so I take their info with a grain of salt and apologize when I turn up wrong, but I feel like this site should know better. This could just be damage control but what if it isn't? There is no evidence whatsoever and I feel like this classifies as false info.

I'm more upset at the fact that this is the second or third time fake news for the anime coming back came up. Enough is enough.
Do you actually believe this? There is no way they would go to a licensing conference asking for licensing for a series with no new episodes being produced. There’s no way the first report was fake and the thread should still stay up until an official announcement is made.
This is the second time something like this has happened. If it's that easy to let it slip then trailers or leaks would have sprout out by now. I'm pretty sure I won't convince anyone to lock the thread down but I at least want an edit on the title or an official post. It's false information.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Locked