"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RedHeat
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by RedHeat » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:13 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:12 pm My mistake.

On the chance that Toei is telling the truth and nothing pops up on April and July, what's going to happen? These false alarms are starting to make me mad.
Well, obviously we should ignore the people starting and spreading the rumors. Also blacklist them.
Feels over Reals.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:16 pm

RedHeat wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:13 pm

On the chance that Toei is telling the truth and nothing pops up on April and July, what's going to happen? These false alarms are starting to make me mad.
Well, obviously we should ignore the people starting and spreading the rumors. Also blacklist them.
On the off chance that people actually working on the show have lied about working on it or Toei is lying and moves the date of 2uper from July to some other date, there will be an uproar. People will turn against the staff of Super, folks will attack people like Ajay and Geekdom, and others who know better will defend against/turn against those who are attacking Geekdom, Ajay, and the staff.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:18 pm

@ShaggyBlanco, emperior

Ok guys, thanks for the info and the images. I sure hope that, with so much pre production, the result will be at least better than the original Super. I´m mostly worried about secondary characters; the main baddies are usually threatening enough, and are enough powerful to forget about any bland designs they might have.

E.g: I think they could have put more effort into Jiren´s design, but he is one of the main warriors of the multiverse and can compete with almost anything thrown at him, he can annihilate powerful people with a blink, so it kinda compensates, imo.

However, the TOP showed us dozens of supposedly the very best fighters each universe had to offer. In the end, only a few were any kind of relevant, and some of the rest really looked out of place, like they didn´t belong in the franchise (the green bird, for example).
In fact, that was another ridiculous thing: Some of those characters didn´t seem the "best" of their respective universes, at all. Like, if my universe´s existence depended on the fighting capabilities of a giant Wall-E, I would throw myself off a cliff to avoid the waiting. Some of them had nice designs, but even those were defeated with so much ease by team 10 (while fighting, of course, 1 by 1, even though it was supposed to be a battle royale), as if they had a Saibamen´s PL. I did like some of their unique abilities, but I digress...

For me at least, designs matter a lot. And that includes secondary characters, especially when they are supposed to be threatening, and not just gag characters. Let´s wait and see what Toei and Akira Toriyama have in store for us.

PS: I agree with the sentiment of not adapting the manga. I don´t really like how it is developing so far.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:24 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:16 pm

On the off chance that people actually working on the show have lied about working on it or Toei is lying and moves the date of 2uper from July to some other date, there will be an uproar. People will turn against the staff of Super, folks will attack people like Ajay and Geekdom, and others who know better will defend against/turn against those who are attacking Geekdom, Ajay, and the staff.
Naturally consequences should be administered.

I personally don't like Geekdom's videos or hold Ajay as a trusted source but I want Super back more than anyone so out of desperation I'll take their word against my better judgement, this one time.

Personal attacks are obviously deplorable but they can't just get away with conning hundreds of people. There has to be some kind of repercussion to their actions. I'd be okay with an apology.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:36 pm

RedHeat wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:13 pm Well, obviously we should ignore the people starting and spreading the rumors. Also blacklist them.
What are with these fascist people that always want to ban/blacklist others for the dumbest of reasons? Sourced information is not "spreading rumors". Some people these days make me sad about the future Orwell predicted...

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:40 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:36 pm
RedHeat wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:13 pm Well, obviously we should ignore the people starting and spreading the rumors. Also blacklist them.
Sourced information is not "spreading rumors". Some people these days make me sad about the future Orwell predicted...
I've been meaning to ask about that. I don't really pay attention to youtubers/twitter-celebs so I'm out of the loop but I have a few questions

Q1: How did Ajay even get his sources? As far as I know he's just a youtuber that's learned the names of the staff animating Super. If it's that easy then why don't other twitter/youtube celebs (like Herms) have them?

Q2: Earlier in this thread he mentioned that his friends translate things for him. Why don't his Japanese speaking friends translate other Info for us? Like manga leaks and game scans.

Q3: Ajay seems to go back on his info not too long before the public realizes the news is false. Why don't his sources tell him a few days or even a week before the fact? It stops a lot of heart ache.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:47 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:40 pm
Sourced information is not "spreading rumors". Some people these days make me sad about the future Orwell predicted...
I've been meaning to ask about that. I don't really pay attention to youtubers/twitter-celebs so I'm out of the loop but I have a few questions

Q1: how did Ajay even get his sources? As far as I know he's just a youtuber that's learned the names of the staff animating Super

Q2: Why don't his Japanese speaking friends translate other Info for us?

Q3: Ajay seems to go back on his info not too long before the public realizes the news is false. Why don't his sources tell him a few days or even a week before the fact? It stops a lot of heart ache.
His sources are the animators apparently working on Super 2, but I guess they came to him with the info.
Feels over Reals.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:50 pm

RedHeat wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:47 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:40 pm

Q1: how did Ajay even get his sources? As far as I know he's just a youtuber that's learned the names of the staff animating Super

His sources are the animators apparently working on Super 2, but I guess they came to him with the info.
That seems so strange.

Is there any evidence to it?

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:58 pm

anubisj wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:50 pm I keep seeing the name Shintani, like everybody is talking about him as if he was some sort of demigod or celestial being capable of designing the greatest characters. Is he really that good? What characters did he design previously? I mean, everyone seems so relieved of having him instead of...whoever was before.

I agree that Super needs better character design. Botamo looked like he came out of Sesame Street (what´s that yellow balloon with ears doing in Dragon Ball??), Jiren seems to have been designed by Toriyama in 30 seconds max (if creativity slept, its nightmare would be Jiren) and I still shudder whenever I hear the word "Ribrianne" or anything that sounds like it.

So, am I being too optimistic by hoping that we will have more interesting, varied, DB-like designs in 2uper?
Everyone has their own ideals of what a character in DB should look like, not all will fit the mode for each fan. But characters like Jiren, Botamo and especially Ribrianne are all Fine by my view, that are standing with the ideals of either sleeker designs of powerful characters like Frieza’s Final form, Jiren is a Homage to that.

Botamo and Ribrianne are Akira style breaking the status quo looks that he is always famous for, power is not judge by looks or muscles but by their power and skill alone.

Indeed I hope for new and unique characters that continue with these traditions, but these past characters of Universes 2, 6 and 11 are my biggest hope to see come back and gain some development and new powers and strength! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:06 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:24 pm

I personally don't like Geekdom's videos or hold Ajay as a trusted source but I want Super back more than anyone so out of desperation I'll take their word against my better judgement, this one time.

Personal attacks are obviously deplorable but they can't just get away with conning hundreds of people. There has to be some kind of repercussion to their actions. I'd be okay with an apology.
See, i didn’t mention that possibilities because the chances are near impossible that Ajay and Geekdom have intentionally lied to everyone.

1. Because they have been proving to have connections which helps prove legitimacy

2. I’d like to say i know them both well enough to the point where i can confidently say they wouldn’t con everyone

3. They have nothing to gain from conning everyone except tons of backlash.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:16 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:06 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:24 pm

See, i didn’t mention that possibilities because the chances are near impossible that Ajay and Geekdom have intentionally lied to everyone.

1. Because they have been proving to have connections which helps prove legitimacy
I've never really seen any evidence. I mean, Geekdom has predicted things that have come true but he's a speculation channel, that's his channel's purpose. Plus you don't have to have connections with officials or magical future powers to know what's going to happen with Dragon Ball.
AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:06 pm 2. I’d like to say i know them both well enough to the point where i can confidently say they wouldn’t con everyone
I don't know either of them so I wouldn't say. This Super 2.0 thing is giving me a very confusing impression of them both.

AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:06 pm 3. They have nothing to gain from conning everyone except tons of backlash.
I heard they make money off of their videos and Kamehacon which is before Super 2.0 is supposed to come out. I'd say this makes a perfect false hype generator.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:21 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:50 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:40 pm I've been meaning to ask about that. I don't really pay attention to youtubers/twitter-celebs so I'm out of the loop but I have a few questions

That seems so strange.

I don't wanna come off as though I'm asking you to bow to the leaders and never question anything. Skepticism is always good. But I don't think you need "evidence" in this case. Ajay has been a respected member of the community for years, and there's more than enough evidence through the time that the original Super was running that he has actual connections with animators in the industry. I don't know how much context you have, but this isn't just some random scrub YouTuber with no credibility. For him to just straight up lie in this case and risk permanently damaging his reputation would be ludicrous and is virtually impossible. I think we are safe to assume that when he says he's spoken to animators, we can believe him. And when 5 or more animators have confirmed they are currently animating on a new DB show, it's either correct, or he is being dupped, the likes of which we've never seen.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Artorias wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:21 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:50 pm
That seems so strange.

I don't wanna come off as though I'm asking you to bow to the leaders and never question anything. Skepticism is always good. But I don't think you need "evidence" in this case. Ajay has been a respected member of the community for years, and there's more than enough evidence through the time that the original Super was running that he has actual connections with animators in the industry. I don't know how much context you have, but this isn't just some random scrub YouTuber with no credibility. For him to just straight up lie in this case and risk permanently damaging his reputation would be ludicrous and is virtually impossible. I think we are safe to assume that when he says he's spoken to animators, we can believe him. And when 5 or more animators have confirmed they are currently animating on a new DB show, it's either correct, or he is being dupped, the likes of which we've never seen.
I do agree that Ajay and Geekdom throwing their reputation down the drain seems unlikely. Though them being duped could be a possibility as well.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:30 pm

HeroR wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:42 pm
That is really nothing to support that.
This is how they've been doing it up until now? Not every arc of the anime was included in the manga, but every arc featured in the manga has it's version in the anime. So "Moro" story line getting skipped in the anime makes little sense, the manga cannot afford to have 'filler'.

Toyotaro himself let it slip a couple of years ago that at some point the manga will be ahead of the anime so that would mean for the manga to cover the story first.

It was never a question of whether or not the current arc would be adapted, it was a question if the Broly movie will get an arc in the series or not before that.
Last edited by Michsi on Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:31 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:28 pm
Artorias wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:21 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:50 pm That seems so strange.

I do agree that Ajay and Geekdom throwing their reputation down the drain seems unlikely. Though them being duped could be a possibility as well.
It is a possibility technically, but it is so astronomically small that devoting energy like this to debating it seems pointless. If you want to remain skeptical, that's fine, just wanted to provide some reasoning and context.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:13 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:02 pm Wow look at that: https://www.newsweek.com/dragon-ball-su ... ly-1366198

Toei denies yet again. Just goes to that Toei denying something isn’t good enough evidence and can just as easily be a cover up.
What do people expect? Toei are gonna suddenly forgoe all their announcement plans because a couple YT decide to out their sources? I do not understand why these people can't wait for Toei to announce it themselves just because you have information or knowledge of something doesn't necessary mean you should share it. Literally nothing has changed it is still for all intents and purpose unconfirmed hence why Kanzenshuu haven't reported on it.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:13 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:02 pm Wow look at that: https://www.newsweek.com/dragon-ball-su ... ly-1366198

Toei denies yet again. Just goes to that Toei denying something isn’t good enough evidence and can just as easily be a cover up.
What do people expect? Toei are gonna suddenly forgoe all their announcement plans because a couple YT decide to out their sources? I do not understand why these people can't wait for Toei to announce it themselves just because you have information or knowledge of something doesn't necessary mean you should share it. Literally nothing has changed it is still for all intents and purpose unconfirmed hence why Kanzenshuu haven't reported on it.
I agree. The point I'm making is that just because Toei claims something, doesn’t mean its true.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:30 pm

Michsi wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:30 pm
HeroR wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:42 pm
That is really nothing to support that.
This is how they've been doing it up until now? Not every arc of the anime was included in the manga, but every arc featured in the manga has it's version in the anime. So "Moro" story line getting skipped in the anime makes little sense, the manga cannot afford to have 'filler'.

Toyotaro himself let it slip a couple of years ago that at some point the manga will be ahead of the anime so that would mean for the manga to cover the story first.

It was never a question of whether or not the current arc would be adapted, it was a question if the Broly movie will get an arc in the series or not before that.
That’s because every arc in the manga was outlined by Toriyama and the manga still skipped Resurrection ‘F’. So far, Moro is heavily implied to be Toyo’s baby.

It was always a question and still is.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:30 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:13 pm

Yeah I don’t get what people are expecting. The response is not even coming from the Japanese Toei Animation but from the US’ one, so it’s even more ridiculous that people are giving it weight.

The leaks are 100% true. Period.
It’s not even comparable to the time when Ajay was just merely speculating of a possible Jump Festa announcement with an April release date.
And Geekdom has leaked plenty of stuff in the past so I would say he’s one of the most trusted leakers. Not to mention how even Yonkouproductions is on this. Basically every single guy who has proven they have insider sources plenty of times are leaking this stuff and are absolutely certain of what they are saying.
They even said this information doesn’t come from European licensors or whatever questionable source, but from animators working on the show themselves.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:09 pm

So is there going to be a trailer in April?