"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 am

Shounen wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:45 am
AnimeNation101 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:34 pm Multiple VA’s have let it slip that 2uper is happening
Multiple? Which VA's?
Some Italian VA and Eric Legrand (french Vegeta, Yamcha).

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:10 pm

Shounen wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:45 am
AnimeNation101 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:34 pm Multiple VA’s have let it slip that 2uper is happening
Multiple? Which VA's?
The Italian voice actor for Vegeta and Eric Legrand a French voice actor.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:08 pm

Lmao, people are asking Toei at the Toei Animation booth if DBS is coming back.

https://twitter.com/bboykenlaw/status/1 ... 2253929482

What i find funny is that Toei ENG has debunked it twice while Toei JP is just saying, they can’t talk about it. Lmao.

They should at least get their stories straight. If Toei ENG already debunked DBS’s return, why would Toei JP say they cant talk about? Why not just say the same thing Toei ENG said?

Not to mention, Toei JP’s response is the exact response given when asked if there will be a DB movie about a month before it was announced.

But yeah, i just find that funny.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:09 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:34 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:17 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:59 pm

I think its much more that not just them, but people who know better are basically bashing IGN for the fact that they’re taking Toei’s “debunk” to heart, automatically pushing it as truth. And as a journalist/news site, them basically saying “a company denied a rumor so its false” is stupid. Especially considering the fact that this incident has happened twice now. They should find that at least a little suspicious and know that a company’s claims aren’t always the truth and that they could easily be lying so they get to announce it and surprise everyone.
As of right now, there is literally nothing pointing towards 2.0 besides what Geekdom and Ajay say. 2.0 is pretty obvious but there isn't any concrete info. I don't like IGN but they are completely in the right. They're an official company, after all. Say they did believe two random internet celebrities, on the 2/10 percent chance Geekdom and Ajay are wrong IGN would lose credibility and face even more backlash than they have now.

I'd also like to point out that fans that only accept official news (or leaked info provided by a certified official/acquaintance of an official in this case) do exist. I'm one of them. There has to be more than just me. Think about how the ones that follow IGN would feel? Especially if Geekdom and Ajay turn up wrong. Even if they're right I still feel like officials shouldn't stick to youtubers. It's extremely unprofessional.
Welp, that has nothing to do with what I just said but let me just tell you that you’re of the vocal minority. Considering many of us get our news info from youtubers and Geekdom and Ajay are known in our community as no bullshit, no nonsense youtubers who have been previously established to have inside info with Geekdom specifically having a strong care for his reputation as he strives to be none as the most credible youtuber for DB.

So the conclusion to this is just that the people who know these youtubers and trust them just end up getting to be hyped sometime before you and people like you get hyped. Nothing wrong with you guys waiting. Never said there was. But again, none of what you responded with has anything to do with my response to Baggie about IGN being ignorant.

Also, no offense but if you’re really saying nothing points to 2uper besides what Geek and Ajay have said, you must be living under the biggest rock in the world. Multiple VA’s have let it slip that 2uper is happening not to mention that a credible website exposed that Toei is creating more dbs episodes with Toei swiftly coming in to hide that and label is as false but i guess you just see it as debunked becuase Toei’s word is always truth. Heck, common sense sais 2uper is coming back.

But you believe what you want. We’ll know sooner or later. But i for one trust the youtubers.
You said people were right for being mad at IGN for not trusting youtubers. I simply provided some perspective. Why would people like me, who've barely even heard of these guys, put all of our trust in them? As far as I know, they're just two speculation channels. I will admit that they've got some of their info right but isn't that the job of speculation channels?

Like I said, on the rare chance that Geekdom and Ajay are wrong where do we go from there? I'm pretty sure nothing is going to happen to Geekdom and Ajay's credibility but if they are wrong and IGN had sided with them then they might not recover. A youtuber can just put up an apology video. An actual company can't just say "oops"

I'm aware of the Portuguese VA but didn't know that there were more. As for Toei, well if someone made up a rumor of you that wasn't true then wouldn't you try to say it was false. I'm not saying it isn't true but if it is then the only people we'd be able to blame is ourselves. They tried to tell us time and time again.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:50 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:09 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:17 pm
As of right now, there is literally nothing pointing towards 2.0 besides what Geekdom and Ajay say. 2.0 is pretty obvious but there isn't any concrete info. I don't like IGN but they are completely in the right. They're an official company, after all. Say they did believe two random internet celebrities, on the 2/10 percent chance Geekdom and Ajay are wrong IGN would lose credibility and face even more backlash than they have now.

I'd also like to point out that fans that only accept official news (or leaked info provided by a certified official/acquaintance of an official in this case) do exist. I'm one of them. There has to be more than just me. Think about how the ones that follow IGN would feel? Especially if Geekdom and Ajay turn up wrong. Even if they're right I still feel like officials shouldn't stick to youtubers. It's extremely unprofessional.
Welp, that has nothing to do with what I just said but let me just tell you that you’re of the vocal minority. Considering many of us get our news info from youtubers and Geekdom and Ajay are known in our community as no bullshit, no nonsense youtubers who have been previously established to have inside info with Geekdom specifically having a strong care for his reputation as he strives to be none as the most credible youtuber for DB.

So the conclusion to this is just that the people who know these youtubers and trust them just end up getting to be hyped sometime before you and people like you get hyped. Nothing wrong with you guys waiting. Never said there was. But again, none of what you responded with has anything to do with my response to Baggie about IGN being ignorant.

Also, no offense but if you’re really saying nothing points to 2uper besides what Geek and Ajay have said, you must be living under the biggest rock in the world. Multiple VA’s have let it slip that 2uper is happening not to mention that a credible website exposed that Toei is creating more dbs episodes with Toei swiftly coming in to hide that and label is as false but i guess you just see it as debunked becuase Toei’s word is always truth. Heck, common sense sais 2uper is coming back.

But you believe what you want. We’ll know sooner or later. But i for one trust the youtubers.
You said people were right for being mad at IGN for not trusting youtubers. I simply provided some perspective. Why would people like me, who've barely even heard of these guys, put all of our trust in them? As far as I know, they're just two speculation channels. I will admit that they've got some of their info right but isn't that the job of speculation channels?

Like I said, on the rare chance that Geekdom and Ajay are wrong where do we go from there? I'm pretty sure nothing is going to happen to Geekdom and Ajay's credibility but if they are wrong and IGN had sided with them then they might not recover. A youtuber can just put up an apology video. An actual company can't just say "oops"

I'm aware of the Portuguese VA but didn't know that there were more. As for Toei, well if someone made up a rumor of you that wasn't true then wouldn't you try to say it was false. I'm not saying it isn't true but if it is then the only people we'd be able to blame is ourselves. They tried to tell us time and time again.
No. I said people were right to bash IGN for being an ignorant journalist site that takes what companies say as truth without thinking about the simply, common, and obvious possibility that they’re lying to cover up. And then i said it was even more stupid considering the evidence that supports that Toei is just lying to cover up. I did NOT say its justified for people to get mad at IGN not believing Geek and Ajay 100%.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:21 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:50 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:09 pm

No. I said people were right to bash IGN for being an ignorant journalist site that takes what companies say as truth without thinking about the simply, common, and obvious possibility that they’re lying to cover up. And then i said it was even more stupid considering the evidence that supports that Toei is just lying to cover up. I did NOT say its justified for people to get mad at IGN not believing Geek and Ajay 100%.
But they're not in the right to bash them. IGN is a legitimate company that can't afford to take a risk like that. Even if it is obvious they just can't assume Super is coming back.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:43 pm

Even if it is a sure thing that 2uper will happen, I think it's kinda silly how things went down, at least from what I've seen.
While I did remember seeing Ajay being somewhat vague about what he knew, Geekdom was just outright saying that he is completely right and that people should not believe what Toei US is saying.

Personally I don't particularly like how Geekdom has been doing stuff for a while, as it feels like he rushes through his information to be the first person to release news or his impressions on something that was just announced. Most of the time he also tends to blend his own opinions on news without making it clear what is his own interpretation of stuff and what was actually announced/what is actually being said.

Regardless, I am just concerned about how the anime will continue. Even if they retell the Broly movie, there is not enough about the current manga arc out and I doubt the next few chapter will go through the arc faster. So yeah, I'm looking forward to it, I just feel like that they don't have much to work with as the manga did not advance that much since the last episode that aired.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:08 pm

Akamay wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:43 pm Even if it is a sure thing that 2uper will happen, I think it's kinda silly how things went down, at least from what I've seen.
While I did remember seeing Ajay being somewhat vague about what he knew, Geekdom was just outright saying that he is completely right and that people should not believe what Toei US is saying.

Personally I don't particularly like how Geekdom has been doing stuff for a while, as it feels like he rushes through his information to be the first person to release news or his impressions on something that was just announced. Most of the time he also tends to blend his own opinions on news without making it clear what is his own interpretation of stuff and what was actually announced/what is actually being said.

Regardless, I am just concerned about how the anime will continue. Even if they retell the Broly movie, there is not enough about the current manga arc out and I doubt the next few chapter will go through the arc faster. So yeah, I'm looking forward to it, I just feel like that they don't have much to work with as the manga did not advance that much since the last episode that aired.
I mean, i dont think thats your problem in this case considering Geek didn’t rush to push the vid out since only him and Ajay really knew about it. But i am interested in what you found rushed. Also, pretty sure Geek says in both his videos on the matter specifically what he knows and what he thinks even indicating what is opinion and what is fact.

I can see your problems with Geek’s vids feeling rushed to push out info or hard to tell what is fact or opinion but in this case, i dont see how either complain can apply when it comes to him covering DBS’s return.

As for DBS returning, the dont need to follow the manga. They have been ahead of the manga since the second half of the U6 vs U7 Tournament arc. The way DBS works is that Toriyama writes an outline for a story and gives it to both Toei and Toyotaro. Toei fills in the outline with what it wants to therefore creating a full arc from Toriyama’s outline. Toyotaro does the same for his manga.

We know that Toriyama has worked on another new story so DBS can start from there. I personally want it to cover the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc though.

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:37 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:08 pm I mean, i dont think thats your problem in this case considering Geek didn’t rush to push the vid out since only him and Ajay really knew about it. But i am interested in what you found rushed. Also, pretty sure Geek says in both his videos on the matter specifically what he knows and what he thinks even indicating what is opinion and what is fact.

I can see your problems with Geek’s vids feeling rushed to push out info or hard to tell what is fact or opinion but in this case, i dont see how either complain can apply when it comes to him covering DBS’s return.

As for DBS returning, the dont need to follow the manga. They have been ahead of the manga since the second half of the U6 vs U7 Tournament arc. The way DBS works is that Toriyama writes an outline for a story and gives it to both Toei and Toyotaro. Toei fills in the outline with what it wants to therefore creating a full arc from Toriyama’s outline. Toyotaro does the same for his manga.

We know that Toriyama has worked on another new story so DBS can start from there. I personally want it to cover the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc though.
Well, about Geekdom, I've seen him posting around twitter taunting people saying that "We'll see who is right and who is wrong in July" when replying to someone that mentioned Toei's announcement. Even if he is right, even if there is a bunch of evidence that allows him to say confidently that DBS will return in July, I feel that posting stuff saying "Yo guys, it WILL come back" is misleading given how much influence he has. My main point is that he spreads information out as facts while not making it entirely clear that it was confirmed or not.

For example, on the most recent video talking about DBS coming back in July, he explains why everything makes sense and why he has reasons to believe that the series will return in July. However, everything else on that video is worded as if what he is saying is the absolute truth. For someone that insists in not spreading misinformation, it would be nice for him to not help misinformation to spread.
Dunno, at least that was my impression of his stuff recently.

As for DBS not following the manga, yes I know. But if the anime catches up with the storylines that Toriyama writes too quickly, we end up getting stuff like the Planet Potafu episodes.
I really don't know how to feel about the series after the anime got ahead of the manga. There were several things that the anime did right, but there are some stuff that I feel that the manga did better. Things like the Kaioken SSJ Blue on the anime and Goku Black not having SSJ Rose from the get go on the manga.
The moment the anime and the manga are being produced independently, if you end up preferring the events of the manga, you'll have little hope of seeing it animated properly.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:45 am

This has probably been brought up here but does anyone know what was meant by the new series "following the manga"? Are they going adapt the manga and have even more filler to avoid catching up or does it mean Toyotaro will be more involved with the anime? Is this a sign that Toriyama is nearing retirement and is giving Toyotaro a bigger role?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:45 pm

Skar wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:45 am This has probably been brought up here but does anyone know what was meant by the new series "following the manga"? Are they going adapt the manga and have even more filler to avoid catching up or does it mean Toyotaro will be more involved with the anime? Is this a sign that Toriyama is nearing retirement and is giving Toyotaro a bigger role?
This is what I've been asking about. “Following the manga..” can mean 3 things for me.

1. DBS will return and adapt Toyo’s manga with the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc

2. DBS will return and its story will pick up following the arc Toyo’s doing in the manga

3. (This is what i hope they mean) DBS returns and when they says “follow the manga” they mean that DBS will take place after Toriyama’s original DB manga series.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Skar wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:45 am This has probably been brought up here but does anyone know what was meant by the new series "following the manga"? Are they going adapt the manga and have even more filler to avoid catching up or does it mean Toyotaro will be more involved with the anime? Is this a sign that Toriyama is nearing retirement and is giving Toyotaro a bigger role?
I read that the term “following the manga” was referring to the show’s look from one trustworthy user on another site.
This contradicts what this leaker said: https://mobile.twitter.com/dbs20191/sta ... 8703604737
It’s difficult to say what the show “following the manga” means.
I for one hope that it means the show will actually be set after the end of Toriyama’s original manga, but it could also mean that the show will also tell the Galactic Prisoner arc, or that if follows the manga because it’s the canonical continuation of it (which is something Super has always been, so it wouldn’t be news) or maybe it’s set after the current arc in the manga. If the show is really set after Moro’s arc, then it means that arc is filler or else they would animate it... and that would be quite weird, I think? Maybe they plan to get after chapter 519 with the anime while the manga keeps milking the time period Super is set in? Maybe this time Toriyama is working very closely with Toei on his “new work” he teased at Jump Festa, so there’s no outline and that’s why Toyotaro is doing Moro?

In this other tweet: https://mobile.twitter.com/dbs20191/sta ... 5441478656 the leaker says that Toei has been working closely with Toriyama on a new story (and he uses quotation marks, meaning this is probably information he received from the guys leaking it) which would confirm his hypothesis that the current Moro arc of the manga won’t be animated. Toyotaro himself, when promoting this new arc (https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations ... c-comment/) said: “It is a completely new work that is not in the anime or anywhere else” which could imply this won’t be animated anytime soon (hence the anywhere else) but it could be my mental gymnastics and maybe Toyotaro was just stating the obvious.

In conclusion, it’s fun to speculate but we can’t be too sure whether or not everything this leaker tweeted is accurate information (even though the other stuff he tweeted is legit, and he actually leaked that information before Geekdom), and it may also be that some stuff went lost in translation.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:26 pm

emperior wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:46 pmIn conclusion, it’s fun to speculate but we can’t be too sure whether or not everything this leaker tweeted is accurate information (even though the other stuff he tweeted is legit, and he actually leaked that information before Geekdom), and it may also be that some stuff went lost in translation.
Thanks for the sources! If the Moro saga does end up being manga-only, we might only have a few chapters left assuming Toyotaro begins the next saga in July with the anime.

I personally think it's unlikely that DBS under Toriyama will ever go past EoZ based on how many sagas they've been trying to cram in before EoZ and Toriyama mentioning it being the end of Goku's journey. I also assume that Toriyama chose this interquel period so it would be less work for him and doesn't have to come up with a new ending. He can work on Dragonball again and write a few outlines then just have the story transition to EoZ when he gets bored or feels like retiring. I could be wrong but going by what we've seen so far I think it's unlikely.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:31 pm

Don't know if this has to do with a new series so don't get your hopes up too high.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:45 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:31 pm Don't know if this has to do with a new series so don't get your hopes up too high.
Sounds like it just has to do with merch and promotional art for Super (old version), but you might need someone more familiar with these sorta things to give a definitive answer.
Feels over Reals.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:36 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:31 pm Don't know if this has to do with a new series so don't get your hopes up too high.
Well, i sent the links to Geekdom and the Sakuga community and they found it legit. Also, weren’t you the same guy who provided us with the video of the French VA basically revealing DBS’s return?

Lol, you should become a content creator. Seriously though, nice job keeping your eyes out man.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:44 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:36 pmWell, i sent the links to Geekdom and the Sakuga community and they found it legit. Also, weren’t you the same guy who provided us with the video of the French VA basically revealing DBS’s return?

Lol, you should become a content creator. Seriously though, nice job keeping your eyes out man.
Thank you for your words. :)

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:29 am

I was checking the other tweets from the guy posted by Emperior:
"Interestingly, I’ve also been given the impression that Toriyama will be more hands off in the direction of a continuation of the series than last time. Make of that what you will."

Could this mean that DBS might be coming to an end since they're nearing EoZ and Toriyama is more "hands off"? I'm be honest that I'm hoping the series gets a decent conclusion and doesn't turn into one of those animes that have characters never aging with barely any passage of time between multiple sagas. I think it's bad enough they crammed this many sagas in a time skip that originally didn't have anything eventful taking place. I hope the second season is shorter than the first and has fewer sagas before the finale.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:45 am

Unfortunately this has nothing to do with the TV show.
Sure there’s always that tiny 1% chance that, for whatever reason, Super’s return gets mentioned there for whatever reason but I doubt so much that such a big announcement would happen in Italy of all places.

For everyone who’s interested, I think that the announcements at Bologna’s Licensing Trade Fair won’t be about anything else but toys, cards, clothings etcetera, and here’s the translation of a part of a interview with both Starbright and a Toei animation representative regarding their licensing strategies and objectives, dated 2017:
(Source: http://www.teamsaiyajin.it/dragon-ball- ... licensing/)

See how their licensing strategy revolves around merchandising, with no mention of the TV show except as a mean to gauge Dragon Ball’s popularity. In the 2019’s fair they won’t need to hype the franchise up to the licensors by telling them of a new TV show coming in July in Japan, because that’s not what they need to know. Instead, they will most likely hype up the franchise by showing the huge success Broly’s movie has had in Italy and everywhere else in the world.
Not to mention how Super is still airing in Italy, so it would be very pointless for a new TV show to be announced there or even mentioned at all. It’s also worth noting that as of now there are no legal ways for Italians to watch the complete Super’s TV show (all 131 episodes) without having to buy Japanese Blu-Rays/DVDs, as not a single site which legally streams DB Super had made it available in Italy (due to licensing issues).
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:48 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:08 pm
Akamay wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:43 pm Even if it is a sure thing that 2uper will happen, I think it's kinda silly how things went down, at least from what I've seen.

I mean, i dont think thats your problem in this case considering Geek didn’t rush to push the vid out since only him and Ajay really knew about it. But i am interested in what you found rushed. Also, pretty sure Geek says in both his videos on the matter specifically what he knows and what he thinks even indicating what is opinion and what is fact.

i miss the times where ppl simply wait for a official announcment instead listening to youtubers announcing something and acting as if they actualy know it.
they have been wrong before and if they actualy know it than you either show us prove that you know it or dont tell us at all becouse in the end of the day you , me and everyone else here wasting time discussing about something a random guy said will only believe it when its official.