"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:11 pm

Kinokima wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:55 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:47 pm Hype means more viewers for their content. Even if they were caught people would rather believe some anonymous figure duped them for half a year.

Their sources are multiple animators from Toei. So it is not just some random person
. Doesn't Japan have youtubers just as big as Geekdom and Ajay? Why not tell them of all people? Why didn't Toei go on full damage control when they realized people were leaking info? It's almost been a year and since it's so close to July then shouldn't more leaks than a few actor slip ups? Why didn't their sources interfere during Jump Festa? It just seems so weird.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:47 pm Hype means more viewers for their content. Even if they were caught people would rather believe some anonymous figure duped them for half a year.
And if you think that Geekdom and Anime Ajay need to lie to get views then you really don’t know them.
I don't. I really don't like speculation videos like the ones Geekdom has and I don't need a video or a twitter post to tell me about the animators so I don't watch Ajay's content.

I try not to involve myself with youtubers, especially the big ones.
I remember when everyone didn’t believe Geekdom about a certain character being in the movie too. That was pretty amusing as well.
This is what confuses me about Geekdom being reliable. He's a speculation youtuber, right? Guessing what's going to happen makes most of his channel. This might be the contrarian in me crying out but knowing which characters are going to appear or guessing what happens at the end of the arc shouldn't make him reliable on things like release dates or a new series.

I'd like to trust them. I'm just having a difficult time trying.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:48 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: This is what confuses me about Geekdom being reliable. He's a speculation youtuber, right? Guessing what's going to happen makes most of his channel. This might be the contrarian in me crying out but knowing which characters are going to appear or guessing what happens at the end of the arc shouldn't make him reliable on things like release dates or a new series.

I wouldn't really call him a "speculation youtuber". He's more of an all-arounder. He does guides, reviews, leak coverage, podcasts and talks. There are other youtubers who are way more like you described, one example that comes to mind would be ExperGamez.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:00 am

Kinokima wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:55 pmI remember when everyone didn’t believe Geekdom about a certain character being in the movie too. That was pretty amusing as well.
I don't remember that many disbelieving Gogeta being in the movie. Though maybe that's just because I remember Geekdom's meltdown over those few people even suggesting that he could have gotten some things wrong more.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:41 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:11 pm

Their sources are multiple animators from Toei. So it is not just some random person
. Doesn't Japan have youtubers just as big as Geekdom and Ajay? Why not tell them of all people? Why didn't Toei go on full damage control when they realized people were leaking info? It's almost been a year and since it's so close to July then shouldn't more leaks than a few actor slip ups? Why didn't their sources interfere during Jump Festa? It just seems so weird.
And if you think that Geekdom and Anime Ajay need to lie to get views then you really don’t know them.
I don't. I really don't like speculation videos like the ones Geekdom has and I don't need a video or a twitter post to tell me about the animators so I don't watch Ajay's content.

I try not to involve myself with youtubers, especially the big ones.
I remember when everyone didn’t believe Geekdom about a certain character being in the movie too. That was pretty amusing as well.
This is what confuses me about Geekdom being reliable. He's a speculation youtuber, right? Guessing what's going to happen makes most of his channel. This might be the contrarian in me crying out but knowing which characters are going to appear or guessing what happens at the end of the arc shouldn't make him reliable on things like release dates or a new series.

It IS strange, I've trusted this website for a while now because they actually have guys on the ground in Japan like Herms and if you understand Japanese I guess you could hang out on 2chan because a lot of leaks seem to come from there. Basically I'm asking rhetorically of course, "You're telling me that some Youtuber has direct connections to Toei and not a veteran from this website?". If there's anyone more trustworthy between the two it's Ajay and even then who knows? it's possible those sources are tripping him up. I still believe that it is a movie they're working on not the return on of the anime, not yet anyway.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:44 am

Kanassa wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:00 am
Kinokima wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:55 pmI remember when everyone didn’t believe Geekdom about a certain character being in the movie too. That was pretty amusing as well.
I don't remember that many disbelieving Gogeta being in the movie. Though maybe that's just because I remember Geekdom's meltdown over those few people even suggesting that he could have gotten some things wrong more.
That "disbelief" was more like people not wanting to accept Gogeta was in the film, I didn't think about it too much it was just fun to watch people speculate about the movie but the Gogeta thing kind of obvious so it was more of a personal preference kind of thing.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:30 am

Wrong.

Geekdom does reviews, speculation, debunks, news updates, basically everything besides video game coverage or animation/production.

And he’s seen as trust worthy because:

1. He’s kinda obsessed (but in a good way) with being one of the most credible sources and is very prideful when it comes to his DB knowledge so people who watch him would know that he wouldn’t lie for views and would try his hardest to keep a reputation as a credible youtuber

2. Its been previously established that Geekdom has inside sources. And its been established that Ajay has inside sources. And Geekdom and Ajay share inside sources. So the fact that Geekdom, Ajay, and Yonkou have all been saying the same thing and all are known are credible people who HAVE inside sources and connections just makes what they’re saying as a whole seem 3 times more plausible.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:51 am

Not that your girl's testimony counts for much but I can confirm that both Ajay and Danny have tight sources.

--Julie
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:49 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:30 am

Wrong.

Geekdom does reviews, speculation, debunks, news updates, basically everything besides video game coverage or animation/production.

1. He’s kinda obsessed (but in a good way) with being one of the most credible sources and is very prideful when it comes to his DB knowledge so people who watch him would know that he wouldn’t lie for views and would try his hardest to keep a reputation as a credible youtuber

2. Its been previously established that Geekdom has inside sources. And its been established that Ajay has inside sources. And Geekdom and Ajay share inside sources. So the fact that Geekdom, Ajay, and Yonkou have all been saying the same thing and all are known are credible people who HAVE inside sources and connections just makes what they’re saying as a whole seem 3 times more plausible.
Except, Geekdom has willfully lied or at the very least, changed information when he wanted to make a point.

On a stream MJxTV he have a long rant against Kanzenshuu. Here is the link for that stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSwy8G ... .be&t=2087

One lied he told was:

"The kanzenshuu staff came into the thread and confrimed"
They never did that.

According to one user here who was posting when this fallout happened.

Also, time stamp here on this stream: https://youtu.be/9SSwy8GncGI?t=2322

He claimed he heard about a movie back in July 2017 and heavily implied he knew it was Broly for a long time but didn't believe it along with MJ saying that they were still questioning Geekdom when the poster came out. Except Geekdom was just as shocked as everyone when the poster was leaked and later confirmed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3weWPGCdarg. So when exactly did he knew it was Broly?

That he claimed he knew about the movie in July 2017, except on Geekdom's own timeline he didn't hear anything until August and then got more information in September along with the url leak. So he either stretched the truth or he got his timeline mixed up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_WWX41j33A

But even if we disregard Geekdom's flubs here as him just misremembering, it happens, how he acted on MJ stream isn't a mark of a professional. Especially how he threw the highest ups of Kanzenshuu under the bus because some members tilted him. That and you're not helping your case of 'people should believe me at this point', when you get information from your own timeline wrong.
Last edited by HeroR on Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 am

HeroR wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:49 am

Wrong.

Except, Geekdom has willfully lied or at the very least, changed information when he wanted to make a point.

On a stream MJxTV he have a long rant against Kanzenshuu. Here is the link for that stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSwy8G ... .be&t=2087

One lied he told was:

They never did that.

He claimed he heard about a movie back in July 2017 and heavily implied he knew it was Broly for a long time but didn't believe it along with MJ saying that they were still questioning Geekdom when the poster came out. Except Geekdom was just as shocked as everyone when the poster was leaked and later confirmed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3weWPGCdarg. So when exactly did he knew it was Broly?

That he claimed he knew about the movie in July 2017, except on Geekdom's own timeline he didn't hear anything until August and then got more information in September along with the url leak. So he either stretched the truth or he got his timeline mixed up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_WWX41j33A

But even if we disregard Geekdom's flubs here as him just misremembering, it happens, how he acted on MJ stream isn't a mark of a professional. Especially how he threw the highest ups of Kanzenshuu under the bus because some members tilted him. That and you're not helping your case of 'people should believe me at this point', when you get information from your own timeline wrong.
He also claimed the DBZ 30th anniversary set was going to look really good, and that the audio sounded really good. He only jumped to conclusions after watching an online rip of animax's bardock tv special (that by the way had original broadcast audio synced to it).

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:53 am

sangofe wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 am
Wrong.

One lied he told was:

They never did that.

He also claimed the DBZ 30th anniversary set was going to look really good, and that the audio sounded really good. He only jumped to conclusions after watching an online rip of animax's bardock tv special (that by the way had original broadcast audio synced to it).
You should also remember that Geekdom also has connections to Funimation and that's a fact, his connections to Toei are questionable but he clearly has friends at Funimation. Think about it, if Geekdom were to start criticizing Funimation like he used to before he got so big he would be putting his connections with that company in jeapordy. I'm not a big fan of using the term "corporate shill" but there are certain things i've noticed in the way Geekdom changed between how he was 2015-2017, it was in 2017 when he really became as big as he is now, he got to host Kamehacon and everything.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:41 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:39 pm We don't know if this has to do with DB Super though...
https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/1122161991307661316
I mean, I don't think the announcement of Super 2 would be something that you'd have to go to the Heroes Website to see
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:49 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:41 pm
TheRed259 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:39 pm We don't know if this has to do with DB Super though...
https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/1122161991307661316
I mean, I don't think the announcement of Super 2 would be something that you'd have to go to the Heroes Website to see
You wouldn't go to the Heroes website to do anything unrelated to Heroes but it is something unrelated to Heroes. Heroes could do a special event because of the announcement.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:21 pm

Wrong.

One lied he told was:

They never did that.

The only July-August timeline thing is very sketchy but i dont really see him being shocked at Broly’s reveal as evidence against him. I mean, he DID say that back when he was told about Broly, he didn’t believe it. So it makes sense that he would be shocked to find out something some outlandish that sounds like fanfiction was actually real.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:45 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:21 pm
Wrong.

One lied he told was:

They never did that.

The only July-August timeline thing is very sketchy but i dont really see him being shocked at Broly’s reveal as evidence against him. I mean, he DID say that back when he was told about Broly, he didn’t believe it. So it makes sense that he would be shocked to find out something some outlandish that sounds like fanfiction was actually real.
Thing is he pulled the, ‘I knew for this long’ with Broly, but when the poster leaked he was not only shocked, but put it out there that it could be fake, although he doubt it. While this may not be a big deal, when Geekdom knows something and is proven right, he will bragged about it even if he says he didn’t believe it at first. So when the poster leaked and he knew before, he would have said it. Unfortunately, he seemed to have taking down his leaked poster video since I could only find the poster is confirmed video. So I can’t directly proved this.

That and I remembered him saying that he knew Super was ending, but was too heartbroken to admit. The problem I have with this claim is that Ajay, who has his own sources, guessed Super was ending based in Kintaro not a source.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xVmF7nhHTTo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZyGtG-JGds

So he knew, but didn’t tell Ajay despite supposedly telling him stuff from his sources all the time, especially when Ajay already guessed? Kinda odd.

For the record, Geekdom is more right than wrong, but he does have a history of stretching the truth and acting like a dramatic teenager when people just don’t take him at his word as seen on that stream rant.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:13 pm

Weird. I saw something about an event happening on May 9th. It's related to Heroes but it has Shintani's art direction.
It's either an announcement for 2.0, something related to Heroes' promotional anime or something for a potential update/mobile game.

At this point I think they're just messing with us.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:25 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:13 pm Weird. I saw something about an event happening on May 9th. It's related to Heroes but it has Shintani's art direction.
It's either an announcement for 2.0, something related to Heroes' promotional anime or something for a potential update/mobile game.

I certainly think it would be fitting for them to announce Super 2.0 on Goku day AKA May 9th.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:57 pm

PFM18 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:25 pmI certainly think it would be fitting for them to announce Super 2.0 on Goku day AKA May 9th.
It's Piccolo day.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:58 pm

PFM18 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:25 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:13 pm Weird. I saw something about an event happening on May 9th. It's related to Heroes but it has Shintani's art direction.

I certainly think it would be fitting for them to announce Super 2.0 on Goku day AKA May 9th.
I forgot all about Goku day.

It's most likely a Goku related update for Heroes then.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:27 pm

sintzu wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:57 pm
PFM18 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:25 pmI certainly think it would be fitting for them to announce Super 2.0 on Goku day AKA May 9th.
It's Piccolo day.
It's also "celebrated" as Goku day by the Japanese, 5 = 互 (go), 9 = 九 (ku).

Personally I don't think this is related to Super 2.0 (assuming it is in the works or to be announced), but rather to something SDBH-related.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!