"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 02, 2019 1:16 pm

Nobody ever answered the guy that asked why Toei outright denied Super's return. I don't doubt 2.0 as much as I did before but it really is very strange. I expected it from Toei's American twitter interns because they don't know any better but the two times they've been debunked were from officials.

Don't they usually use vague answers for questions like these?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu May 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Akamay wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:50 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:36 am I very specifically use the words 'could' and 'For all we know it could be' because I have no idea when an announcement will be made or when the actual broadcast will begin. July is becoming more realistic but my hope is October so that if GeGeGe no Kitarou (2018) does end after six cours then the slot can be given back to Dragon Ball for October and more staff will be available for Dragon Ball.

Hell, with my luck international distributors will get to air the series first and then a revised version will air months later in Japan ala Dragon Ball Kai: The Final Chapters.
I am aware of that, what I meant was that your post told me that Ajay and the others didn't confirm that it's 100% that Super will resume in July. It did go against AnimeNation's post saying that July was confirmed to be when Super returns.
Thus, I understood that the July airdate was not confirmed, but it was just an educated guess.

Sorry if it sounded like I was using your post to prove something else.

According to what people are saying, GeGeGe no Kitaro will change slots now that Lady Layton's anime has ended, that will create the time slot for DBS while allowing Kitaro to continue.
I believe it was Ajay who said that there are sources saying that Kitaro will still be around in July, but it never really mentions the time slot.
So it makes more sense to move Kitaro from the current time slot to have the "Dream 9" for Dragon Ball and One Piece again.
No you are confused Ajay’s and the others’ sources DID confirm July as the date Super would be back.

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Thu May 02, 2019 7:14 pm

Kinokima wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:56 pm No you are confused Ajay’s and the others’ sources DID confirm July as the date Super would be back.
I was confused, someone helped out with that already.
What I said was that I understood that Julie's post meant that Ajay's sources did not confirm the July airdate.
Turns out I misunderstood what was said.

The Kitarou comment about the series still being around in July was also from Ajay, on the same video that he talks about the series possibly moving to another timeslot so Dragon Ball and One Piece could air on the same block.
That was around the time the Broly movie came out.
New information came out since them and people here clarified that.

Still, there is information about Kitaro being in production. If the timeslot for the series were to change, they would probably announce it at the same time they announce 2uper, no?
I doubt that 2uper would have a different time slot since marketing tends to always have One Piece and Dragon Ball paired up for Sunday morning.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Fri May 03, 2019 1:20 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:55 am I thought GeGe no Kitaro moved to a different slot?

Kind of unrelated but am I the only one getting tired of all the "Ifs" and "maybes"? It probably can't be helped but it's just so frustrating to see that as its only explanation when something fails to come.
Nothing has "failed to come". I don't know why you and others keep perpetuating this. All relevant, credible sources have said the show is coming in July, and the announcement will be sometime between late April and early May. That's it. I don't know why we're pretending that it isn't still early May...because it is. So an announcement is likely to come soon, be patient.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:42 pm

Artorias wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:20 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:55 am I thought GeGe no Kitaro moved to a different slot?

Kind of unrelated but am I the only one getting tired of all the "Ifs" and "maybes"? It probably can't be helped but it's just so frustrating to see that as its only explanation when something fails to come.
Nothing has "failed to come". I don't know why you and others keep perpetuating this. All relevant, credible sources have said the show is coming in July, and the announcement will be sometime between late April and early May. That's it. I don't know why we're pretending that it isn't still early May...because it is. So an announcement is likely to come soon, be patient.
Agreed. And even with the announcement dates, those were never promised. The air date was promised to be July but not when it will be announced. And its not July yet so...

And as for the announcement, it hasn’t failed to come. It just hasn’t come when you thought it would. You shouldn’t be getting mad for people’s guesses and predictions being wrong.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri May 03, 2019 6:20 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:42 pm

Agreed. And even with the announcement dates, those were never promised. The air date was promised to be July but not when it will be announced. And its not July yet so...

And as for the announcement, it hasn’t failed to come. It just hasn’t come when you thought it would. You shouldn’t be getting mad for people’s guesses and predictions being wrong.
I probably should have worded it better, but you both missed the point.

I'm irritated at the fact that all these educated guesses are just picking months because they have some random event/anniversary in them.

I really think the 9th does have 2.0's release but if it doesn't will you all just pick some random event in June?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:49 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:20 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:42 pm

I probably should have worded it better, but you both missed the point.

I'm irritated at the fact that all these educated guesses are just picking months because they have some random event/anniversary in them.

I really think the 9th does have 2.0's release but if it doesn't will you all just pick some random event in June?
I dont see whats to get frustrated at. Its more likely for 2uper to get announced on a day that celebrates something DB related or that has a DB related event rather than get announced randomly. So naturally, people would guess those days as the days 2uper gets announced. And if they are wrong, they then guess the next special day for a 2uper announcement.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat May 04, 2019 10:44 am

Ajay's sources definitely said a Super anime, right? Not a Heroes anime...right?

Spencer_23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Spencer_23 » Sat May 04, 2019 10:47 am

When it’s announced its announced 🤷🏼‍♂️ I typically avoid fully believing any of these youtubers or supposed insiders as they can easily be misled/given bad info or just be guessing. It’s fun to discuss but really not that big of a deal if the general consensus is it’s coming July lol just be patient.

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Sat May 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Spencer_23 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:47 am When it’s announced its announced 🤷🏼‍♂️ I typically avoid fully believing any of these youtubers or supposed insiders as they can easily be misled/given bad info or just be guessing. It’s fun to discuss but really not that big of a deal if the general consensus is it’s coming July lol just be patient.
I was going to say the same thing. Why you guys just don't wait at this point? :P

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:37 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:44 am Ajay's sources definitely said a Super anime, right? Not a Heroes anime...right?
Judging from the MULTIPLE times not just others but even AJAY has told you what has been told to him and the fact that you STILL keep asking the same questions or finding new ones that have already been answered, you’re very paranoid.

You’re paranoid and it seems as though no amount of info is gonna stop that paranoia until 2uper is officially announced. At least, that’s what I'm getting from your posts throughout this thread. So at this point, just wait and see.

Derf

Post by Derf » Mon May 06, 2019 2:03 pm

So take this with a ginormous amount of grains of salt, but Saikyo Devin - who, I will give the absolute bare amount of credit to, isn't the absolute least reputable of the French DBtubers, is claiming that Masako Nozawa won't be returning for 2uper:
ÉNORME Info Dragon Ball Super : Masako Nozawa la Voix de Goku va prendre sa RETRAITE !

⤵️⤵️⤵️
(link: https://youtu.be/6xc6Q3dey8k) youtu.be/6xc6Q3dey8k
⤴️⤴️⤴️

Pour me Soutenir Gratuitement :
▶️ (link: https://utip.io/saikyodevin) utip.io/saikyodevin
https://twitter.com/SaikyoDevin/status/ ... 0797623297

I don't think I believe it, but there you go.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Mon May 06, 2019 3:45 pm

She was on an add doing Goku's voice just last week. That's bullshit.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Mon May 06, 2019 4:48 pm

FlpShimizu wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:45 pm She was on an add doing Goku's voice just last week. That's bullshit.
To be fair, a lot can happen in just a couple of days. Like back in the day when the author of Crayon Shin-chan disappeared out of nowhere.

Still, I don't think Masako Nozawa would retire without bigger news sites covering the story. Just like Bulma's voice actress, Nozawa was there since the start of the series and she voices a decent part of the supporting cast.
If it ever comes the day that she retires from her job, I'm pretty sure there'd be a lot more people talking about this.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Mon May 06, 2019 4:49 pm

Derf wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:03 pm So take this with a ginormous amount of grains of salt, but Saikyo Devin - who, I will give the absolute bare amount of credit to, isn't the absolute least reputable of the French DBtubers, is claiming that Masako Nozawa won't be returning for 2uper:
ÉNORME Info Dragon Ball Super : Masako Nozawa la Voix de Goku va prendre sa RETRAITE !

⤵️⤵️⤵️
⤴️⤴️⤴️

:lol: Yeah okay, sure. From the way she talks about her passion for the character and franchise, I'm pretty sure Nozawa will never retire from the role as long as she lives barring major health issues, and even then I think she's be reluctant.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:01 pm

PremiumSalt wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:49 pm
Derf wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:03 pm So take this with a ginormous amount of grains of salt, but Saikyo Devin - who, I will give the absolute bare amount of credit to, isn't the absolute least reputable of the French DBtubers, is claiming that Masako Nozawa won't be returning for 2uper:

⤵️⤵️⤵️
⤴️⤴️⤴️

:lol: Yeah okay, sure. From the way she talks about her passion for the character and franchise, I'm pretty sure Nozawa will never retire from the role as long as she lives barring major health issues, and even then I think she's be reluctant.
This is definitely bs, lol. She’s voicing Goku.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon May 06, 2019 11:40 pm

Anyone that can tell us what is this about?

https://dragonball.news/59campaign/

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue May 07, 2019 12:08 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:40 pm Anyone that can tell us what is this about?

Can't translate the text, but I think it's worth noting that they're advertising Heroes using Shintani Goku lower down on that page. Makes me think maybe people were reading too much into Shintani Goku being used to advertise whatever's being announced at the Heroes stream...
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue May 07, 2019 7:17 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:01 pm
PremiumSalt wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:49 pm

This is definitely bs, lol. She’s voicing Goku.

I had a dream, and this was without hearing about this, where I talked with a very aged Nozowa in a wheel chair. She was really old and could barely talk but she greatly appreciated when her interpreter told her how much I appreciated her voice work.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue May 07, 2019 8:27 am

That’s some seriously good Shintani art in there. I have cleaned the close-ups and posted the new art for Goku Day by Naohiro Shintani in this album: https://m.imgur.com/a/Z1jcu6h (I suggest using the app to see these pics).

By the way for those interested it’s nothing about a new series or a teaser of some sort of announcement, it’s just a poll for fans to vote their favorite Goku, and the winner will be getting a toy in 2020 with some random 59 fans winning some sort of prize.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical