"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12968
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 09, 2019 11:18 am

It's not like Ajay can predict the changes will and will not be made to plans from fickle executives. He can only report what he is told. Ergo, it's not his fault and he's still cool.
She/Her | 29 | Bisexual | Certified Dragon Ball Fangirl since October 1998

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by RichardKing2 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:19 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 pm
:D :D :D :D
I know this is going to cause some negative attention to my post, but I have to do it anyway. You tend to hang around kanzenshuu as well, so I think this is the best place to reach you.

Geekdom man, I think you need to address this situation. Whether in a post, or some video. First it was April. But no announcement. Now it's May and...still no announcement. And my gut feeling is telling me there will be no announcement for this month. Remember, you made several videos which gained attention and notoriety. This is also in a way, you're credibility on the line. Because when you say something is gonna happen, and it still doesn't, and when there is nothing addressing it, it kinda implies hiding away from the situation now that things didn't go as planned . So sure, lets say, we wait till the 14th. But if nothing is still announced, I would really hope that you can properly address this. Geekdom, I used to place a lot of faith and reliability on you. But now after this, I just personally can't believe anything you say on this matter. Not anymore.

I may have disagreements with Ajay, but I think he is definitely the best mod and one of the best users on this website. And arguably, one of the better DB Content Creators. What I respect the most is that he can debate without being condescending, h'es fair and understands both sides of the coin(unlike some staff here who shadow ban or cant take criticism) and more importantly, he owns up to his mistakes and addresses situations like this. I, and a lot of people can respect that.
Last edited by RichardKing2 on Thu May 09, 2019 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 09, 2019 11:22 am

Woah woah woah wait....

Why didn't Ajay's sources notify him before Goku day?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 11:23 am

RichardKing2 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:19 am
Geekdom101 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 pm
:D :D :D :D
I know this is going to cause some negative attention to my post, but I have to do it anyway. You tend to hang around kanzenshuu as well, so I think this is the best place to reach you.

Geekdom man, I think you need to address this situation. Whether in a post, or some video. First it was April. But no announcement. Now it's May and...still no announcement. And my gut feeling is telling me there will be no announcement for this month. Remember, you made several videos which gained attention and notoriety. This is also in a way, you're credibility on the line. Because when you say something is gonna happen, and it still doesn't, and when there is nothing addressing it, it kinda implies hiding away from the situation now that things didn't go as planned . So sure, lets say, we wait till the 14th. But if nothing is still announced, I would really hope that you can properly address this. Geekdom, I used to place a lot of faith and reliability on you. But now after this, I just personally can't believe anything you say on this matter. Not anymore.

I may have disagreements with Ajay here, but I think he is definitely the best mod and one of the best users on this website. He can debate without being condescending, and more importantly, he owns up to his mistakes and addresses situations like this. I, and a lot of people can respect that.
He already did... I made a post a page ago with youtube link lol he mention 13 production source + couple of VA told him it being in work and specifically coming in July, Ajay only said it coming in July definitively, NO question about... they can't do much more I don't know what to tell you.

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6109
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ajay » Thu May 09, 2019 11:34 am

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:22 am
Woah woah woah wait....

Why didn't Ajay's sources notify him before Goku day?
Because as I said, they don't know anything about announcements, and when I asked literally two days before Goku Day, they still said July, hence my confusion over the whole situation.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 11:36 am

Ajay wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:34 am
IntangibleFancy wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:22 am
Woah woah woah wait....

Why didn't Ajay's sources notify him before Goku day?
Because as I said, they don't know anything about announcements, and when I asked literally two days before Goku Day, they still said July.
Is your source are like....supervisor or something? I'm speaking of in Job rank I'm sure you talking to someone that isn't a really high rank but only knows small information, if that make sense?

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 09, 2019 11:53 am

I'm ok waiting until October. In theory it'd be easier for me than July. I'm disappointed/surprised nothing was announced on Gokû day, but this May 14th event feels like a forced hand situation where they'd have to reveal what's going on because of the nature of financial reports. May 14th's not that far away. It's next Tuesday.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Thu May 09, 2019 12:03 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:19 am
Geekdom101 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 pm
:D :D :D :D
I know this is going to cause some negative attention to my post, but I have to do it anyway. You tend to hang around kanzenshuu as well, so I think this is the best place to reach you.

Geekdom man, I think you need to address this situation. Whether in a post, or some video. First it was April. But no announcement. Now it's May and...still no announcement. And my gut feeling is telling me there will be no announcement for this month. Remember, you made several videos which gained attention and notoriety. This is also in a way, you're credibility on the line. Because when you say something is gonna happen, and it still doesn't, and when there is nothing addressing it, it kinda implies hiding away from the situation now that things didn't go as planned . So sure, lets say, we wait till the 14th. But if nothing is still announced, I would really hope that you can properly address this. Geekdom, I used to place a lot of faith and reliability on you. But now after this, I just personally can't believe anything you say on this matter. Not anymore.

I may have disagreements with Ajay, but I think he is definitely the best mod and one of the best users on this website. And arguably, one of the better DB Content Creators. What I respect the most is that he can debate without being condescending, h'es fair and understands both sides of the coin(unlike some staff here who shadow ban or cant take criticism) and more importantly, he owns up to his mistakes and addresses situations like this. I, and a lot of people can respect that.
I agree 100 percent, Ajay has apologized and even not on multiple occasions posted videos talking about DBS coming in July which to me seems like something done for views at this point. Realistically there was no point looking back on posting those videos beyond just revenue. I also don't mean to antagonize but seriously, I think it's far more admirable how Ajay has handled this.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Thu May 09, 2019 12:11 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:53 am
I'm ok waiting until October. In theory it'd be easier for me than July. I'm disappointed/surprised nothing was announced on Gokû day, but this May 14th event feels like a forced hand situation where they'd have to reveal what's going on because of the nature of financial reports. May 14th's not that far away. It's next Tuesday.
I've mentioned before how I believe that the last possible time to announce Super 2.0 could come in this months V-jump so maybe? if not then do not bring your hopes up for anything in July. Another thing I don't like is how people are assuming it's been pushed to Fall, the reality is we really don't know besides what we've been told which I hold with a grain of salt. I personally believe there's a movie in the works.

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 3793
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Thu May 09, 2019 12:13 pm

I want to again tell everyone: the numbers on Bandai Namco’s financial report are very telling even if you don’t believe about anything that’s been “leaked” so far. Dragon Ball is their biggest money maker by a wide margin, making a whopping 39,5% of their sales. Which is why it’s so strange how they have been so silent, ever since Broly’s movie, about the future of their biggest IP’s animated series (which, coincidentally, is exactly what brought DB to the levels it is at now).
It stinks even more when they outright deny that there’s nothing at all being worked at on behind the scenes - again, I think anyone can see how that’s a lie, as they wouldn’t treat their most profitable franchise and animated series like as if it didn’t even exist.

I was told myself about Super coming back on TV on July, by someone I absolutely trust and whom would have no reason to lie to me as this person has no idea I have talked about this publicly - and this information is something I was able to double check with other people (and even triple check when SaikyoDevin, who is a big french YouTuber people trust, talked about the same thing in a YT video).
I was also told that in the same event they talked about plans to have a simuldub in Italy (which would also explain how, a few months ago, Vegeta’s Italian VA let it slip that there is a serie in the work). But in the same event I was also told about an announcement by the end of April, yet it didn’t happen. Which is why I’m afraid there’s been some behind the scenes change for whatever reason.
If you don’t want to trust Geekdom101 (the only one who has made a video about the leaks) as you feel like he was chasing clout, or if you don’t trust Ajay and other leakers for the same similar reasons, at least trust me. I have nothing to gain about leaking what I was told, as I’m no YouTuber.

Lastly, let me tell you guys about a situation happening in another fandom which is so similar to this one that I find it hilarious:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4.
A game which hasn’t been publicly announced yet, but it feels like it has. That’s because it’s been leaked by a few people, including a voice actor (Craig Fairbrass) who mistakenly included it in his Twitter biography (and then of course denied it saying he mistakenly thought of MWR as MW4).
Sure, we all know CoD games come out yearly, but still the situation is very similar, and if you visit the subreddit you will see people dying for an announcement which has yet to come.
That’s an example to tell everybody that similar situations indeed happen in other fandoms, and will continue to happen.
Last edited by emperior on Thu May 09, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What I consider the Dragon Ball canon

Favorite Dragon Ball Arcs

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:16 pm

At this point July seems very unlikely. There's no way they are going to start marketing the new series this late in the game. I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt that Toei is that incompetent at marketing. Considering all of the available information, I am reluctantly starting to believe Toei when they say that "nothing is planned" or whatever the verbatim that they used is. Whether Geekdom and Ajay are wrong for genuine reasons or not, I don't especially care, what matters is that they appear to ultimately be wrong.

User avatar
Akamay
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Akamay » Thu May 09, 2019 12:20 pm

I kinda called it being an announcement for something other than 2uper.

Not that I doubt anyone's sources at this point, it's just that whenever they announce something, it usually never lives up to the hype of the fans.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 12:21 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:16 pm
At this point July seems very unlikely. There's no way they are going to start marketing the new series this late in the game. I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt that Toei is that incompetent at marketing. Considering all of the available information, I am reluctantly starting to believe Toei when they say that "nothing is planned" or whatever the verbatim that they used is. Whether Geekdom and Ajay are wrong for genuine reasons or not, I don't especially care, what matters is that they appear to ultimately be wrong.
How they can be wrong? when 13-15 + couple of VA told them? How can you create a context that never fucking exist? explain that... that bit high numbers right there, they didn't come here to make this bullshit up...they did what they were TOLD that is ALL I'm just going say this one more time to you personally to you and many others who going repeat this... Geek made a YT video just BEFORE Goku Day came in said same SIMILAR situation as Ajay just told us today within an hour ago, what the hell you want more from them? what they can do for you? they can't do much.

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 3793
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Thu May 09, 2019 12:31 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:16 pm
At this point July seems very unlikely. There's no way they are going to start marketing the new series this late in the game. I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt that Toei is that incompetent at marketing. Considering all of the available information, I am reluctantly starting to believe Toei when they say that "nothing is planned" or whatever the verbatim that they used is. Whether Geekdom and Ajay are wrong for genuine reasons or not, I don't especially care, what matters is that they appear to ultimately be wrong.
I think there’s still a tiny possibility that they could announce it in a few days with a trailer, and that the reason they waited so much was to announce it with a teaser trailer.
What I consider the Dragon Ball canon

Favorite Dragon Ball Arcs

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 09, 2019 12:38 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:11 pm
Chuquita wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:53 am
I'm ok waiting until October. In theory it'd be easier for me than July. I'm disappointed/surprised nothing was announced on Gokû day, but this May 14th event feels like a forced hand situation where they'd have to reveal what's going on because of the nature of financial reports. May 14th's not that far away. It's next Tuesday.
I've mentioned before how I believe that the last possible time to announce Super 2.0 could come in this months V-jump so maybe? if not then do not bring your hopes up for anything in July. Another thing I don't like is how people are assuming it's been pushed to Fall, the reality is we really don't know besides what we've been told which I hold with a grain of salt. I personally believe there's a movie in the works.
I did read that mentioned; an announcement via V-Jump. I'm not assuming fall, I'm more hoping fall because I've got a busy summer ahead and in theory if everything works out by when I'd like it to then October would be easier for me to get back into Super.

Another movie? I know they're working on a One Piece movie right now and they do a Precure movie every October (though the previous October Precure film was all cgi) I guess they could be. I had mixed thoughts on DBS: Broly. It looked beautiful, but there wasn't enough plot in it for me. I would've liked something with more adventure and more character moments. I would've liked Broly to continue to have dialogue with Gokû and Vegeta once the fights began.

I'd be ok if they do another movie instead, but I'd want there to be more to it next time; story elements to theorize about or a mystery to solve.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10237
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 09, 2019 2:01 pm

emperior wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:57 am
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:45 am
emperior wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:08 am
This. This is why there is no rush for a DB show to be on the air like some fans think there is, the DBS brand actually got stronger once the show went off the air, largely thanks to UI and then with December's movie it just exploded even more and so the show could return in July 2020 and DB would be just fine until then.

A weekly TV show is gonna cost money on Toei's part and they're currently reaping the rewards without a weekly show so they wouldn't have a reason to rush one out asap.

So the only reason we'll get DBS on air this year would be for story purposes not financial (like most of modern DB contrary to what a lot of people think.)
I think you got what I was saying wrong. Even though the numbers are showing an increase despite the show not being on the air, and even though you are right when you say that they will be reaping the rewards for a while, I also pointed out how it was only thanks to Super’s weekly TV show that Dragon Ball’s franchise was revived, and for the higher ups in all the involved companies it would make little sense to just wait and reap diminishing rewards while they could see much better profits by trying to maximise the franchise’s financial presence and potential.

This is not a cash cow which has maximised its potential, Dragon Ball is a star franchise right now with still a lot of room of growth. And as such, they should not only try to keep its popularity from not decreasing, but they should be actively trying to boost it. This is not even common sense, it’s basically a rule. Even companies with cash cow products try to renovate said products to attract different kinds of customers or to get a bigger market share.
Dragon Ball doesn't need one immediately that was point, I am not talking about forever. It can last another year without one perfectly fine. There is no rush they can take their time their fanbase aren't kids anymore (despite how much Toei lie to themselves) you and I aren't going to go anywhere, fans are still gonna be buying DB products. DBS as a series was barely marketed until it came close to it's end so they have a plethora of things to go back on and market some of it they're already doing now with UI "Omen" and Evolution Vegeta. Then of course all the video games Bandai have going on.

A weekly TV costs money and DB currently doesn't have one meanwhile OP does and DB is still making more so a weekly TV show isn't really necessary for the time being.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4471
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Thu May 09, 2019 2:11 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Dragon Ball doesn't need one immediately that was point, I am not talking about forever. It can last another year without one perfectly fine. There is no rush they can take their time their fanbase aren't kids anymore (despite how much Toei lie to themselves) you and I aren't going to go anywhere, fans are still gonna be buying DB products. DBS as a series was barely marketed until it came close to it's end so they have a plethora of things to go back on and market some of it they're already doing now with UI "Omen" and Evolution Vegeta. Then of course all the video games Bandai have going on.

A weekly TV costs money and DB currently doesn't have one meanwhile OP does and DB is still making more so a weekly TV show isn't really necessary for the time being.


True, but missing the hype train can be risky. Look at what happened to AOT. Sure, they took way too long, but as a consequence, by the time Season 2 aired it made a far smaller splash than anyone had expected after S1 had been such a smash hit. I doubt DB hype will die down that much in a year, but it's something to consider.

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1270
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Thu May 09, 2019 2:21 pm

Michsi wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:11 pm
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Dragon Ball doesn't need one immediately that was point, I am not talking about forever. It can last another year without one perfectly fine. There is no rush they can take their time their fanbase aren't kids anymore (despite how much Toei lie to themselves) you and I aren't going to go anywhere, fans are still gonna be buying DB products. DBS as a series was barely marketed until it came close to it's end so they have a plethora of things to go back on and market some of it they're already doing now with UI "Omen" and Evolution Vegeta. Then of course all the video games Bandai have going on.

A weekly TV costs money and DB currently doesn't have one meanwhile OP does and DB is still making more so a weekly TV show isn't really necessary for the time being.


True, but missing the hype train can be risky. Look at what happened to AOT. Sure, they took way too long, but as a consequence, by the time Season 2 aired it made a far smaller splash than anyone had expected after S1 had been such a smash hit. I doubt DB hype will die down that much in a year, but it's something to consider.

I was also thinking of Attack on Titan when you shouldn’t wait things out just because a series is big.


Whether the new series does or does not come in July to me Toei has handled one of their biggest franchises extremely poorly.

Is the franchise just going to rely on Heroes and a monthly manga. I guess mobile games like Dokkan and Legends and figures companies (a big part of the revenue for Dragon Ball) will just continue to put out the same thing over and over. Because if there isn’t new content what they can put out will be very repetitive. And we are already getting to that point.


And if there is a new series great but it does annoy me they can’t even bother to announce it until possibly the last minute.

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Thu May 09, 2019 2:30 pm

Michsi wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:11 pm
True, but missing the hype train can be risky. Look at what happened to AOT. Sure, they took way too long, but as a consequence, by the time Season 2 aired it made a far smaller splash than anyone had expected after S1 had been such a smash hit. I doubt DB hype will die down that much in a year, but it's something to consider.
Dragon Ball would have nothing to worry about that in regard. Attack on Titan was a fad. One Punch Man was a fad. They blew up big for the first season and they quickly leveled off.

Dragon Ball will always be popular. Dragon Ball Z ended years ago and it took no time at all for Dragon Ball Super to be the most popular anime in the world.

Dragon Ball Super 2 could come out in 5 years and it'd still end up being more popular than any other anime around.

The show will obviously come back eventually, that's a given, just look how much money the newest movie made or how many millions of copies the games sell, of course there's going to be another series.

Just don't believe a word that these "sources" say because usually they're full of nonsense and it's all done for attention and clicks. It's done for everything and you're best to just ignore them completely and be patient.

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 09, 2019 2:33 pm

The 14th is less than a week from now. What do we do if nothing happens?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Locked