"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:41 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:33 pm The 14th is less than a week from now. What do we do if nothing happens?
If there's nothing in Toei's fiscal report about a continuation of Super it means that July date is not a thing and won't happen, and if that happens we'll just have to wait and see what happens until October.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:45 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:33 pm The 14th is less than a week from now. What do we do if nothing happens?
Cry. Like a lot.

But I only speak for myself
vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:21 pm
PFM18 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:16 pm At this point July seems very unlikely. There's no way they are going to start marketing the new series this late in the game. I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt that Toei is that incompetent at marketing. Considering all of the available information, I am reluctantly starting to believe Toei when they say that "nothing is planned" or whatever the verbatim that they used is. Whether Geekdom and Ajay are wrong for genuine reasons or not, I don't especially care, what matters is that they appear to ultimately be wrong.
How they can be wrong? when 13-15 + couple of VA told them? How can you create a context that never fucking exist? explain that... that bit high numbers right there, they didn't come here to make this bullshit up...they did what they were TOLD that is ALL I'm just going say this one more time to you personally to you and many others who going repeat this... Geek made a YT video just BEFORE Goku Day came in said same SIMILAR situation as Ajay just told us today within an hour ago, what the hell you want more from them? what they can do for you? they can't do much.
Like I said, I don't care why the sources would be wrong because it doesn't matter. I only care that it appears that they are ultimately wrong. I am not the type to be speculating what could have gone wrong in this entire process, just one to see that looking at this situation objectively it looks very unlikely for a July return of DBS. Like I said, I am not accusing them of making this shit up, I am only acknowledging that it is unlikely that their information is correct at this point.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 3:00 pm

PFM18 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:45 pm
Cry. Like a lot.

PFM18 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:16 pm At this point July seems very unlikely. There's no way they are going to start marketing the new series this late in the game. I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt that Toei is that incompetent at marketing. Considering all of the available information, I am reluctantly starting to believe Toei when they say that "nothing is planned" or whatever the verbatim that they used is. Whether Geekdom and Ajay are wrong for genuine reasons or not, I don't especially care, what matters is that they appear to ultimately be wrong.
How they can be wrong? when 13-15 + couple of VA told them? How can you create a context that never fucking exist? explain that... that bit high numbers right there, they didn't come here to make this bullshit up...they did what they were TOLD that is ALL I'm just going say this one more time to you personally to you and many others who going repeat this... Geek made a YT video just BEFORE Goku Day came in said same SIMILAR situation as Ajay just told us today within an hour ago, what the hell you want more from them? what they can do for you? they can't do much.
Like I said, I don't care why the sources would be wrong because it doesn't matter. I only care that it appears that they are ultimately wrong. I am not the type to be speculating what could have gone wrong in this entire process, just one to see that looking at this situation objectively it looks very unlikely for a July return of DBS. Like I said, I am not accusing them of making this shit up, I am only acknowledging that it is unlikely that their information is correct at this point.

You most likely did not see Ajay post in here for last few hours he just mention he ask them again two days before Goku day came in, all they told him "July", THEY told him.... are you IMPLYING he saying that? we have until May 14th to find out this... RELAX and stop being such a emo, if announcement come around the corner... lol eventually you might take note now, let me tell you something... I believe between March-April (?) there was a website mention Toei Entertainment is really in the work of dragon ball super 2.0... until Toei saw that website told them change it, Toei is just going denying it many as they want until the right time it get announcement however, it has been pre-production since last October of 2018 they been working on it 7-8 month so far.. when dragon super came back to life with battle of god and all that, they barely had 2 month Pre-production and ep 5 collapse all together - I heard Akira saw that and got real pissed off about it and demand to fix it.... sit back and time will tell you if those TWO said it coming July coming from 13-15 source + bunch of VA - why the fuck that look like a lie? that nearly impossible to lie with that many telling them

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:05 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:41 pm If there's nothing in Toei's fiscal report about a continuation of Super it means that July date is not a thing and won't happen, and if that happens we'll just have to wait and see what happens until October.
Then 2020, 2021, 2022...
At this point I'm just tired. :(

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 09, 2019 3:34 pm

Wow, nothing... who could have seen that coming? Therefore it is as I have predicted, taking side of that lying evil corporation TOEI in the process.

I think that we shall take this as an oportunity in future, to not trust dubious sources and facts based on word of mouth and not attack ourselves pointlessly.

Take this as a real information, sequel to Dragon Ball will definitely happen some time in future! Let’s enjoy the Super Heroes promo anime and games in the meantime :wink:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Thu May 09, 2019 3:35 pm

vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:00 pm
PFM18 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:45 pm
Cry. Like a lot.

You most likely did not see Ajay post in here for last few hours he just mention he ask them again two days before Goku day came in, all they told him "July", THEY told him.... are you IMPLYING he saying that? we have until May 14th to find out this... RELAX and stop being such a emo, if announcement come around the corner... lol eventually you might take note now, let me tell you something... I believe between March-April (?) there was a website mention Toei Entertainment is really in the work of dragon ball super 2.0... until Toei saw that website told them change it, Toei is just going denying it many as they want until the right time it get announcement however, it has been pre-production since last October of 2018 they been working on it 7-8 month so far.. when dragon super came back to life with battle of god and all that, they barely had 2 month Pre-production and ep 5 collapse all together - I heard Akira saw that and got real pissed off about it and demand to fix it.... sit back and time will tell you if those TWO said it coming July coming from 13-15 source + bunch of VA - why the fuck that look like a lie? that nearly impossible to lie with that many telling them
Just cuz he's only taking these "sources" with a grain of salt doesn't make him "emo", come on guy that's unnecessary, for now there's nothing concrete other than what other people have told us, I mean if you believe Ajay and Geekdoms sources that's great but if people don't trust those sources thats also fine. I think the biggest issue amongst us sceptics is that people keep saying something went wrong behind the scenes assuming they knew for sure that the show was coming, right now the reality is that we can only speculate whether a show is being made for certain. Another issue is that the everytime something isn't announced some people antagonize folk for saying told ya so but then say no way till so and so date. I have a feeling that if nothing comes of May's V-jump that people will start saying "later May", "June". I'm holding out till V-jump, if nothing comes of that then there's no Super 2.0 in production, not for this year anyway, besides I always thought Super coming back next year makes more sense.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Thu May 09, 2019 3:37 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:34 pm Wow, nothing... who could have seen that coming? Therefore it is as I have predicted, taking side of that lying evil corporation TOEI in the process.

I think that we shall take this as an oportunity in future, to not trust dubious sources and facts based on word of mouth and not attack ourselves pointlessly.

Take this as a real information, sequel to Dragon Ball will definitely happen some time in future! Let’s enjoy the Super Heroes promo anime and games in the meantime :wink:
Now this guy I like, let's enjoy what we have for now until something concrete comes out regarding any new series.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 09, 2019 3:43 pm

So where is the announcement?
I mean stupid theories confirmed leaks couldn't be wrong.

Anyway, maybe DBS will return, maybe it won't. I don't really care. But seeing people being shocked that nothing happened is pretty fun. Instead of believing in stupid theories just wait and maybe you will be surprised by random announcement instead of being disappointed that once again something with no proof of being real didn't happen.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:46 pm

Unfortunately, I can't enjoy Super Dragon Ball Heroes because it's a trash and not a real series just a commercial with 2d animation for cards.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 09, 2019 3:50 pm

Just about everyone here is either sad or confused and I don't get why. I'm enraged and, while I don't expect everyone else to be, I expected way more of an outrage.
MCDaveG wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:34 pm Take this as a real information, sequel to Dragon Ball will definitely happen some time in future! Let’s enjoy the Super Heroes promo anime and games in the meantime :wink:
This might work for others but I don't like Heroes or its anime. Especially now more than ever because it's just throwing salt at the fact that there's no super anime.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Thu May 09, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 09, 2019 3:50 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:37 pm Now this guy I like, let's enjoy what we have for now until something concrete comes out regarding any new series.
I am too old for this stuff nowadays... I am part of this comunity since 2005 and I was teenager back then, had some deal of ban warnings from the moderators and it was a ride... I love this community, happy to be part of it and it is wonderful being here. There is lot of funny, awesome and dedicated people around here and being rude to each other is pointless. I don’t remember much hate that this topic and Vic Mignona stirred up these days (except for penguintruth being huge asshole to Sean Schemmel as he quit this forum because of that :lol: ). So thanks for having you here man and all of you here as well! Let us enjoy the series together :)

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Thu May 09, 2019 3:52 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:43 pm So where is the announcement?

Anyway, maybe DBS will return, maybe it won't. I don't really care. But seeing people being shocked that nothing happened is pretty fun. Instead of believing in stupid theories just wait and maybe you will be surprised by random announcement instead of being disappointed that once again something with no proof of being real didn't happen.
People are hyped, there's no need to be so mean.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 09, 2019 3:54 pm

100 people, 100 tastes... of there is no Dragon Ball, I can dive into Star Wars or Batman comics you know, no big deal with alternatives. I just wanted to be positive for a change :)

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 09, 2019 3:55 pm

FlpShimizu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:52 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:43 pm So where is the announcement?

People are hyped?
I don't know about everyone else but hype isn't the word I'd use. What's there to be hyped about?

I'm not intentionally trying to be negative but I can think of a handful of things to be absolutely furious about.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:57 pm

Sani007 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:46 pm Unfortunately, I can't enjoy Super Dragon Ball Heroes because it's a trash and not a real series just a commercial with 2d animation for cards.
Ditto. I watched the last couple episodes just because I heard Vegeta was getting some spotlight. Forgot that it was just a promotional anime and got my hopes up.

I was really looking forward to a real announcement on Goku day. Looks like I should abide more by: "If you have low expectations, you can't get disappointed!" with respect to this stuff.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 09, 2019 4:14 pm

FlpShimizu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:52 pm People are hyped, there's no need to be so mean.
It's people's fault for getting hyped for nothing more than rumors of someone who thinks he has contacts and proved to be unreliable 'source' in past. And i'm not trying to be mean to anyone. Yeah, Goku day could be good opportunity to announce something, but they didn't. I don't know how people can be shocked by this. There was no hint of any announcement as far as i know?
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu May 09, 2019 4:15 pm

I find it funny how some people act like we wouldn’t be here expecting an announcement anytime, leaks or not.

Realistically, what would have changed had Ajay, Geekdom and co. not talked about anything at all? I tell you, we would be here hyping up dates regardless and speculating about whether or not they will be announcing something for the future of animated DB, whether it’s a new movie or new show.

I think some people have taken this too personally. Nobody forced you to watch Geekdom’s videos, nobody forced you to believe the leaks, nobody forced you to read Ajay’s tweets, nobody forced you to read this thread if you find it pointless.

I actually find this thread needed because speculation and discussion about Super’s continuation would have arisen regardless so it’s better to just have one single thread to discuss it instead of having countless of different ones.
Last edited by emperior on Thu May 09, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 09, 2019 4:23 pm

emperior wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:15 pm I find it funny how some people react like if we wouldn’t be here expecting an announcement anytime, leaks or not.

Realistically, what would have changed had Ajay, Geekdom and co. not talked about anything at all? I tell you, we would be here hyping up dates regardless and speculating about whether or not they will be announcing something for the future of animated DB, whether it’s a new movie or new show.

I think some people have taken this too personally. Nobody forced you to watch Geekdom’s videos, nobody forced you to believe the leaks, nobody forced you to read Ajay’s tweets, nobody forced you to read this thread if you find it pointless.

I actually find this thread needed because speculation and discussion about Super’s continuation would have arisen regardless so it’s better to just have one single thread to discuss it instead of having countless of different ones.
Spamming the forums has nothing to do with the fact that they might be lying and this megathread wouldn't make it better if they were.

And, if the forum spam really did get bad, someone would have either made a thread about it anyway or put up a post telling everyone to knock it off. Them not telling us would have only changed one thing; the fact that we weren't filled with false hope for a year and a half.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 09, 2019 4:32 pm

emperior wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:15 pm I find it funny how some people react like if we wouldn’t be here expecting an announcement anytime, leaks or not.

I have taken this personally only because I was challenged by the fans of Geekdom and others to believe their leaks, because they will definitely happen and I would be dumb to not aknowledge them, as Super is such cash cow now, that it is a no brainer... and I really would love to believe them at first, but than the break happened, TOEI and Funimation outtright denied it. And as a Star Wars fan, I just know how to recognize a credible leak. It is usually from stable and proven source and if the companies are vague, like: wait for official info, something will probably happen - there you go then. This didn't happen at all and I don't like being told that grass is blue, if I am looking right at it (except for planet Namek, that is).

Nobody forced me to watch anything, it was just like some sect that tries to convince you to believe something that is obviously flawed.
I would be happy for some leaks or stuff to happen, obviously, keep 'em coming. This just wasn't it.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 09, 2019 4:38 pm

SDBH is definitely too blatantly "This is an advertisement for the arcade card game!" for me to enjoy it. Not that I can't see how people couldn't enjoy it if they're here purely for the fights or What-Ifs, but imo it's all too commercial for me to feel anything for it outside of curiosity that exists mainly because there's no mainline DB series and/or movie going on right now. If the latest SDBH episode is something Dragon Ball that I'm not even interested enough to make fan-art of then I'm really not that invested in it.

It just highlights that there's lots of different factions to the DB Fandom and each fan has aspects they like about the franchise. SDBH isn't mine. I haven't really been enjoying the Moro arc in the manga all that much either lately; that I feel is more a collection of missed opportunities (along with too much playing it safe) than anything else. As for phone games...I don't play phone games, not really. Regular console video games sure, but the one time I tried Dokkan my poor phone got so overheated I uninstalled the game soon after.

However, I do appreciate that people are able to stay positive about all this. Makes me feel good even if the things that are currently on-going in the DB World aren't really my bag. I don't really feel negative, just partly-disengaged. I did buy some Brolli movie stuff earlier in the year so like...support the aspects of the franchise you enjoy I guess (I'm mixed on the film too, but I enjoyed it more than not.).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!