"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7760
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu May 09, 2019 8:57 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:03 pm
The problem is that you have geekdom tweets like this, where he says stuff like "you'll be apologizing next month" to critics, implying that he's extremely confident in it being revealed, and being so confident as to expect people to apologize for being hesitant on believing him. Images and sources of the tweets below

https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 1916631040

https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 3131027456
Stuff like this is why Geekdom can't be taking seriously. He have sources and is right most of time, but he acts like a whiny teenager when people remotely questions him, even if the reason is perfectly reasonable. Maybe if he does turn out to be dead wrong on this, he can finally eat some humble pie and stop acting like people who questions his source are just jealous of his success.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Thu May 09, 2019 9:21 pm

HeroR wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:57 pm
RichardKing2 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:03 pm
The problem is that you have geekdom tweets like this, where he says stuff like "you'll be apologizing next month" to critics, implying that he's extremely confident in it being revealed, and being so confident as to expect people to apologize for being hesitant on believing him. Images and sources of the tweets below

https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 1916631040

https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 3131027456
Stuff like this is why Geekdom can't be taking seriously. He have sources and is right most of time, but he acts like a whiny teenager when people remotely questions him, even if the reason is perfectly reasonable. Maybe if he does turn out to be dead wrong on this, he can finally eat some humble pie and stop acting like people who questions his source are just jealous of his success.
To add to that his fans can come across as insincere and condescending which only adds to that negative image, at the end of the day it doesn't matter whether a person is right about something so long as they at least are understanding and respectful and why people may doubt them so when they are proven right it can be graceful. Like in Ajay's case, hes a real good guy and even if nothing happens in July i can't hate him because of how good he's been with all of this.

User avatar
mfwlegend3
Regular
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by mfwlegend3 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:33 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:21 pm
Like in Ajay's case, hes a real good guy and even if nothing happens in July i can't hate him because of how good he's been with all of this.
Why would you hate him period?

Spencer_23
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Spencer_23 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:06 am

HeroR wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:57 pm
RichardKing2 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:03 pm
The problem is that you have geekdom tweets like this, where he says stuff like "you'll be apologizing next month" to critics, implying that he's extremely confident in it being revealed, and being so confident as to expect people to apologize for being hesitant on believing him. Images and sources of the tweets below

https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 1916631040

https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 3131027456
Stuff like this is why Geekdom can't be taking seriously. He have sources and is right most of time, but he acts like a whiny teenager when people remotely questions him, even if the reason is perfectly reasonable. Maybe if he does turn out to be dead wrong on this, he can finally eat some humble pie and stop acting like people who questions his source are just jealous of his success.
I’ve been saying this shit for quite a while. It’s hilarious how certain people cape up for someone they do not know and that often acts like a kid the second someone is slightly critical of something he says.

“Late April early May” has come & gone. As I said weeks ago I didn’t think he was right. Not fully his fault if given bad info, but the condescending/childish way he acts is a huge reason I don’t even bother with his channel.

I hope Super comes out in July, but not going to checking daily for news lol I’ll hear about it when they decide to announce.

Not exactly sure who Ajay is, but it appears he had the guts to apologize and acknowledge he may be wrong. Props to him.

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1557
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri May 10, 2019 2:05 am

RichardKing2 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:03 pm
The problem is that you have geekdom tweets like this, where he says stuff like "you'll be apologizing next month" to critics, implying that he's extremely confident in it being revealed, and being so confident as to expect people to apologize for being hesitant on believing him. Images and sources of the tweets below

https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 1916631040

https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 3131027456
Exactly. What makes things worse is how big this guy's ego is.
People threating him as a guru is one thing, but he threats himself like a guru as well lol.
it's type of guy that instead of apologizing will say something like "at least i gave you some rumors"
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

User avatar
Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Artorias » Fri May 10, 2019 10:15 am

Bullza wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:25 am
These sources are generally worthless and most the time fabricated to get nothing but clicks so no stock should be placed in them.

Some of you guys need patience, they said they weren't working on anything. When they have something to announce then they'll announce it, this thread was made and stickied because people jumped the gun over nothing.
I think you're totally out of your depth here. If you think guys like Ajay and Geekdom would fake sources for "clicks", then you don't know what you're talking about. Could they be mistaken? Yes. Could there have been a massive miscommunication? Yes. Could the date have been pushed back at the last second? Yes. Those are all possibilities. What is NOT a possibility is these people just straight up lied in some bizarre, masochistic attempt to destroy their own credibility. This isn't "jumping the gun". We have over a dozen independently confirmed sources saying they are working on the show. For you to act like we're all just blindly speculating about nothing is crazy.

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri May 10, 2019 10:29 am

Artorias wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:15 am
Bullza wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:25 am
These sources are generally worthless and most the time fabricated to get nothing but clicks so no stock should be placed in them.

Some of you guys need patience, they said they weren't working on anything. When they have something to announce then they'll announce it, this thread was made and stickied because people jumped the gun over nothing.
I think you're totally out of your depth here. If you think guys like Ajay and Geekdom would fake sources for "clicks", then you don't know what you're talking about. Could they be mistaken? Yes. Could there have been a massive miscommunication? Yes. Could the date have been pushed back at the last second? Yes. Those are all possibilities. What is NOT a possibility is these people just straight up lied in some bizarre, masochistic attempt to destroy their own credibility. This isn't "jumping the gun". We have over a dozen independently confirmed sources saying they are working on the show. For you to act like we're all just blindly speculating about nothing is crazy.
It's probably unlikely they're lying but I was completely right about their fans absolving them of any of this. If someone who barely knows how this fanbase operates was able to get it then I'm pretty sure Geekdom and Ajay also knew they were going to get away with it. Which they absolutely did. I've seen more people blame Toei (who didn't do anything wrong) than them.

Again, I'm not saying they're lying, I'm stating that the "they wouldn't tank their credibility" argument doesn't work when everyone instantly forgives them.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Fri May 10, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

User avatar
Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1060
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm
Location: Planet Sadla

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri May 10, 2019 10:34 am

So wait, if it wasn't a Super announcement, then what was supposed to be that "something" that was "coming" on May 9th?
Caulifla best girl! :)

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri May 10, 2019 10:35 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:34 am
So wait, if it wasn't a Super announcement, then what was supposed to be that "something" that was "coming" on May 9th?
DBH world tour or something.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 3750
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 am

I went digging through Toei’s quarterly financial reports to get an idea of what to expect or not to expect from the upcoming one: http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/en/ir/mater ... php?y=2018

July 28, 2014
Despite a new Dragon Ball movie being already announced for Golden Week 2015, Toei didn’t mention it at all in their FY2015 1Q report. Possibly due to how far it was from releasing or from getting marketed.
http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/files/IR/27 ... en_e_2.pdf

October 31, 2014
This time around Toei, for their FY2015 2Q, included the 2015 movie (still unnamed) in their future initiatives section (which always goes up until 4Q in their October reports).
http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/files/IR/27 ... esen_e.pdf

May 15, 2015
In their full report for FY2015, Toei had already announced Dragon Ball’s return on TV, and of course they mentioned it in the financial report too. Multiple times.
http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/files/IR/27 ... n_eR01.pdf

January 26, 2018
With Kitaro already announced to take Super’s place, this FY2018 3Q report already included Kitaro and the timeslot and channel in which it was going to air.
Of course they also included the 20th Dragon Ball movie in the new titles projected for release, and they already wrote it was scheduled to be released in December 2018.
http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/files/IR/30 ... esen_e.pdf

May 16, 2018
By the next report they had already announced the movie’s release date and its first promotional poster, but we had to wait until July for them to confirm the movie’s title.
http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/files/IR/30 ... esen_e.pdf

What I gathered from this is that they do not mention works which have yet to be officially announced in these financial reports, as one would expect. And from what I have seen, they always time their announcements to come before their quarterly reports so I wouldn’t expect a new show to be announced for July after May 14th either.
If the new show is coming out this year we will know by the end of July, as the quarterly report coming out then always features their planning up until 3Q (which ends in December).
What I consider the Dragon Ball canon

Favorite Dragon Ball Arcs

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Fri May 10, 2019 11:10 am

emperior wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 am
If the new show is coming out this year we will know by the end of July, as the quarterly report coming out then always features their planning up until 3Q (which ends in December).
This is interesting. If true and it's actually announced in July, then maybe the sources Geekdom and Ajay have were talking about the actual announcement rather than the air date but something got lost in translation.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri May 10, 2019 11:26 am

sintzu wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:10 am
emperior wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 am
If the new show is coming out this year we will know by the end of July, as the quarterly report coming out then always features their planning up until 3Q (which ends in December).
This is interesting. If true and it's actually announced in July, then maybe the sources Geekdom and Ajay have were talking about the actual announcement rather than the air date but something got lost in translation.
So we're basically pushing it to another month now?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 3750
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Fri May 10, 2019 11:33 am

sintzu wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:10 am
emperior wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 am
If the new show is coming out this year we will know by the end of July, as the quarterly report coming out then always features their planning up until 3Q (which ends in December).
This is interesting. If true and it's actually announced in July, then maybe the sources Geekdom and Ajay have were talking about the actual announcement rather than the air date but something got lost in translation.
Animators working on it wouldn’t know about the announcement date but only about the release date. So no, it can’t be a mistranslation. Back in April they even told licensors that the show is releasing in July.
If it’s not coming out in July then it means there’s been some change of plans, which can happen for many reasons.

I want to repeat again, to those who are absolutely sceptical of something having been leaked (even though Ajay even provided genga for Broly’s movie which clearly shows he’s in contact with people working on the show) that it makes absolutely no sense for Toei and all involved parties to not be planning something for the future of their biggest property, especially when they even mention in their reports of expected losses due to Super not being on the air. For example:
Investors would want to know about the future of the biggest money maker of the company, and would want a new show to come out as soon as possible as much as we fans want.
What I consider the Dragon Ball canon

Favorite Dragon Ball Arcs

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Fri May 10, 2019 11:40 am

I'm starting to think there was change in plans.

Is it possible they could have decided they'd rather have 2uper air on something like Netflix instead of regular tv and they're negotiating?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri May 10, 2019 11:40 am

emperior wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:33 am
sintzu wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:10 am
emperior wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 am
If the new show is coming out this year we will know by the end of July, as the quarterly report coming out then always features their planning up until 3Q (which ends in December).
This is interesting. If true and it's actually announced in July, then maybe the sources Geekdom and Ajay have were talking about the actual announcement rather than the air date but something got lost in translation.
I want to repeat again, to those who are absolutely sceptical of something having been leaked (even though Ajay even provided genga for Broly’s movie which clearly shows he’s in contact with people working on the show)
Didn't Ajay also mention model sheets or something? If Super really is being worked on then can Ajay ask for one of the sheets?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Konja7 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:06 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:29 am
I've seen more people blame Toei (who didn't do anything wrong) than them.
It is funny people are blaming Toei when they don't do anything wrong this time.

Toei seems to be pretty cautious, which makes it very likely that they still have a lot of work to do.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri May 10, 2019 12:45 pm

I expect a press released to be dropped on a random day, don't know why people put so much stock in to anniversary of Z or goku day, its not like those have ever been big deals before. in 2015, i believe they announced on april 28 which was no special day.

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Konja7 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:54 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:45 pm
I expect a press released to be dropped on a random day, don't know why people put so much stock in to anniversary of Z or goku day, its not like those have ever been big deals before. in 2015, i believe they announced on april 28 which was no special day.
It is because the leak said that Super 2 will start in July.

The announcement of Super 2 should happened in late April or early May to match this. When this didn't happened, people assumed Toei were waiting for Goku day.

Now, it seems pretty unlikely Super will start in July.

User avatar
SkyZer0
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:35 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SkyZer0 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Ajay wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:18 am
I don't have anything to say, really. I'm as upset and confused as you all are. I even reached out once again just the other day to be sure, and was once again told definitively July. Heck, they even spoke about the damn character sheets. I don't understand, but at this point, all I can do is apologise for reporting on what appears to be untrue. I cannot fathom a marketing plan that would announce anything later than today, so all my expectations are dead.

I just don't get why 1. Toei told licencors to prepare to April, and then nothing happened, and why 2. 15 different independent people working at a Toei branch would all say July, and for nothing to be announced at this point. These are people I verified work where they work! They even gave me genga from Dragon Ball Super Broly!

You're under no obligation to show me any sympathy, and I certainly wouldn't blame you if you chose not to listen to any news I talk about in the future. If I were in your position, I probably wouldn't either.

I'm not here to mislead anyone for clicks, attention, or whatever sinister excuse you can think of. I'm first and foremost a Dragon Ball fan, and wanted to share the excitement for a new series I was told definitively was coming. So once again, I can only apologise.
I'll keep watching what you upload or read what you write about regardless. You got me into Sakuga period. Shit happens, you won't always be right even with proper and actual sources you have the inside scoop on.

Hakuna matata

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Fri May 10, 2019 3:47 pm

Here what I only think
1. Either ajay or geek only ask if it coming July instead of asking like “if it will air on tv in July” for lost translation
2. It might get announce in June and air in July or announce in July and air in October either one
3. Just waiting on May 14th for this whole toei situation
4. Somebody tell that bigger nose than triple h egodom
to get in here lol
5. We are missing something that we don’t even know about

When I say missing something, just like they knew about dragon ball end at 132 and kept mouth shut until they had to wait for that point I’m pretty sure it was said somewhere

Locked