"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Konja7 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:45 pm

vashter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:47 pm Here what I only think
1. Either ajay or geek only ask if it coming July instead of asking like “if it will air on tv in July” for lost translation
They said their sources don't know about the announcement days. Then these sources mean Super 2 will air in July.

vashter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:47 pm2. It might get announce in June and air in July or announce in July and air in October either one
This is extremely unlikely. They won't announce one month before the premiere.

vashter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:47 pm3. Just waiting on May 14th for this whole toei situation
In May 14, Toei will show its financial report. They don't announce new animes in this.

However, if there is a plan for Super 2 in July, they should announce this, before this financial report appear.

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kepiaschkz » Fri May 10, 2019 4:55 pm

Nobody remember this tweet ?
https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1 ... 79073?s=20

Now, it is obvious for me we'll get the announcement on some random day starting from now to May 31st.
Maybe on the next V-Jump issue.

Some people here lost hope pretexting it is too late to market the new series. But why ? 1 month or 1,5 month isn't sufficient?

And if the series indeed start with a Broly retelling it wouldn't make much sense to market it for months and months knowing that the film is still fresh in the audience mind and that all figurines and side-products wouldn't change in the slightest bit.
The Moro arc would still have 3-4 months worth of advertising.

The fact the marketing would last shorter than expected is maybe a hint that we'll get indeed a Broly arc.

For me, all can still happen until we reach June 1st.
Last edited by Kepiaschkz on Fri May 10, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri May 10, 2019 4:56 pm

vashter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:47 pm 2. It might get announce in June and air in July or announce in July and air in October either one
Unless Super 2.0 is about to be train wreck, that's not how things work.
vashter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:47 pm 5. We are missing something that we don’t even know about
We're missing an official announcement. Without that there's nothing here.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri May 10, 2019 5:01 pm

When is next v jump?

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri May 10, 2019 5:03 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:56 pm
vashter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:47 pm 2. It might get announce in June and air in July or announce in July and air in October either one
vashter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:47 pm 5. We are missing something that we don’t even know about
Lol nah no train wreck it been pre production since last October - I’m not talking about announcements I’m talking about something we’re missing behind the scene of toei that we literally don’t know about

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:06 pm

vashter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:01 pm When is next v jump?
I don't think they announce animes in the V-Jump magazine. The announcement of an anime usually happened before the magazine mentions something.
Last edited by Konja7 on Fri May 10, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 10, 2019 5:14 pm

vashter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:01 pm When is next v jump?
It'll be out on May 21st with leaks starting around the 18th.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Fri May 10, 2019 5:28 pm

vashter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:03 pm
FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:56 pm
Lol nah no train wreck it been pre production since last October - I’m not talking about announcements I’m talking about something we’re missing behind the scene of toei that we literally don’t know about
Why does it have to be an anime in production and not a movie? I remember movie rumors in 2017 and Geekdom making a video that there's no dragon ball movie in 2017, what if the sources are telling the truth and there is something in production, an anime, anime movie that is. If it's so "easy" to assume something such as something changing behind the scenes and the "show" being pushed back then one can just as easily assume that's a movie. This could be a miscommunication thing where a Japanese source said anime but wasn't particular about it being a tv series. I'm about 70 percent sure it's a movie in production and maybe it'll be announced in July and released in either December again or next year. This is pure speculation but i base this on the quite likely hood that it was miscommunication.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri May 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Ajay said It pre production since October on his YouTube video.. for some reason geekdom101 said December I believe on his YouTube I don’t know why it has two different month ?
https://mobile.twitter.com/animetv_jp/s ... 79073?s=20
I know someone post this but I saw tweet way around April 16/17 this might be only thing we got but i don’t know much about them

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri May 10, 2019 6:15 pm

vashter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:00 pm Ajay said It pre production since October on his YouTube video.. for some reason geekdom101 said December I believe on his YouTube I don’t know why it has two different month ?
I know someone post this but I saw tweet way around April 16/17 this might be only thing we got but i don’t know much about them
Is that twitter account trustworthy?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri May 10, 2019 6:20 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:15 pm
vashter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:00 pm Ajay said It pre production since October on his YouTube video.. for some reason geekdom101 said December I believe on his YouTube I don’t know why it has two different month ?
Got no idea but I’m gonna go with it lol

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri May 10, 2019 6:24 pm

vashter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:20 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:15 pm
Got no idea but I’m gonna go with it lol
Going with what people on twitter say is what got us into this in the first place.

I know Geekdom and Ajay are trustworthy to the fanbase but I've never heard of Ajay or really payed attention to Geekdom until the 2.0 news came up. Predictions and speculations that were wrong and repeated instances of a company outright denying their claims (not even vague replies, outright denial) is definitely not the proper way to introduce trustworthy people.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Fri May 10, 2019 8:02 pm

I get what you're saying, but considering how many sources independently told Ajay and Geekdom that Super was returning (15 for Ajay and 13+ for Geekdom, though I don't know if they share any sources) ... that'd sure be a lot of people either flat-out getting it wrong or deliberately misleading them.

Still, it is surprising that we didn't get that big announcement on Goku Day. I do wonder at this point if maybe Toei has pushed it back because it wants to retain the element of surprise? I did expect Geekdom to make a video commenting on the non-announcement, but there may be a reason he's biding his time: maybe he's been talking to his sources to figure out what's going on. At any rate, the waiting game continues!

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri May 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Gokitalo wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:02 pm I get what you're saying, but considering how many sources independently told Ajay and Geekdom that Super was returning (15 for Ajay and 13+ for Geekdom, though I don't know if they share any sources) ... that'd sure be a lot of people either flat-out getting it wrong or deliberately misleading them.
Over 30 sources and not one knew about the Goku day blunder? Or was able to shoot down past predictions like the Jump festa before it came and disappointed everyone?

And all Ajay has to offer is a random picture? I'll admit, it looks too good to be normal fanart but that can't be all he has if he's so close to so many sources. Geekdom too. Geekdom hasn't even offered anything, as far as I'm concerned he's just a loud youtuber with an ego issue and nothing to offer.

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:55 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:55 pmOver 30 sources and not one knew about the Goku day blunder? Or was able to shoot down past predictions like the Jump festa before it came and disappointed everyone?
The sources didn't say (and apparently don't know) when Super 2 will be announced. These sources just said Super 2 will start in July (which seems pretty unlikely now).

Ajay and Geekdom assumed it will be announced late April or early May, because it match the return in July (an anime starting in July wouldn't be announced in June). At the end, they though Toei was waiting for Goku day.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat May 11, 2019 12:07 am

Puts on Conspiracy Theorist hat*

Toei intentionally leaked out fake information for some reason :think:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat May 11, 2019 1:57 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:07 amToei intentionally leaked out fake information for some reason :think:
Someone here pointed out that another company did that to catch who was leaking things.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat May 11, 2019 3:07 am

Kepiaschkz wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:55 pm Nobody remember this tweet ?
https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1 ... 79073?s=20

Now, it is obvious for me we'll get the announcement on some random day starting from now to May 31st.
Maybe on the next V-Jump issue.

Some people here lost hope pretexting it is too late to market the new series. But why ? 1 month or 1,5 month isn't sufficient?

And if the series indeed start with a Broly retelling it wouldn't make much sense to market it for months and months knowing that the film is still fresh in the audience mind and that all figurines and side-products wouldn't change in the slightest bit.
The Moro arc would still have 3-4 months worth of advertising.

The fact the marketing would last shorter than expected is maybe a hint that we'll get indeed a Broly arc.

For me, all can still happen until we reach June 1st.
It would be weird for them not to market a new show for more time and even leave it out of their financial reports, which is their tool to attract investors and explain their strategies.

However you may be onto something. If the show begins with a Broly retelling for continuity’s sake (so that people won’t have to go back and forth between TV show-Movie-TV show to enjoy the full story) and to also include the deleted parts they have talked about so much.
In this case they would want to wait until at least June 5th before announcing a new show, as that is the day the Japanese Blu Ray comes out and they would want to maximise profits on that, and announcing a retelling of the movie might hurt the sales.
But this is a reach on my part, because in this case I wouldn’t understand just why they wouldn’t have released it in early May so that they can focus on marketing the new show.

I think that if the show is indeed still scheduled to come out in July, that they have been changing their marketing plans for some reason. Maybe all the involved parties couldn’t come up with a satisfying strategy for all of them? Maybe the timeslot hasn’t been finalised yet which is why Fuji TV is holding down the announcement?

Modern marketing strategies keep evolving, and as strange as that sounds it could also be that they hold out on the show’s announcement until 1-2 weeks before it airs. It would be very unexpected and unusual though, especially for Toei.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sat May 11, 2019 10:04 am

hey emperor nice tweet “they lied to us”, relax man damn

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat May 11, 2019 12:21 pm

sintzu wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:57 am
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:07 amToei intentionally leaked out fake information for some reason :think:
Someone here pointed out that another company did that to catch who was leaking things.
Feels like something i would read on HunterxHunter, but I would like to see this story arc animated.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.