"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Sun May 12, 2019 4:21 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:00 pm First it was December
Then February
Then March
Then April
Then May 9th
And now the end of May?

Let me guess...When nothing shows up we'll be skipping to July?
What the hell you get December from lol when movie broly was all over the place - feb didn’t happened with any of update - there was a license situation between March and April hence I mention post a bit above - May 9 was a prediction not a guarantee since that time a tweet came of out no where it say end of May, I mean there very possibly from today to end of May according to Twitter part

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun May 12, 2019 4:27 pm

vashter wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:21 pm
Then February
Then March
Then April
Then May 9th
And now the end of May?

according to Twitter part
That twitter post is from some random account that came outta nowhere. At this point it seems like people are willing to believe anything.

It hasn't even been a week since we got deceived.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 12, 2019 4:42 pm

Then February
Then March
Then April
Then May 9th
And now the end of May?

We'll skip to June first and if nothing happens then we'll move to July. :shifty:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun May 12, 2019 5:09 pm

There was a similar situation with Hero Academia where it suddenly moved to October even though it was expected in April.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun May 12, 2019 5:18 pm

Why doesn't some Toei official just make a non-vague announcement or something? They had to shoot down 3 accusations and there's clearly an online uproar that gets louder every time some hoax comes in. Plus people, or just Geekdom (Ajay already proved he had connections), are manipulating fans for youtube money and internet fame. Just give us a time frame. Soon, in the near future, anything could work. Just confirm/deconfirm it already.

Their annoying twitter interns aren't helping either.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:33 pm

They’re under no obligation to “confirm” anything to anyone right now.

They’ll do it when the time is right.

SkyZer0

Post by SkyZer0 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:35 pm

Has Geekdom even commented a word about his mistake?

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun May 12, 2019 7:45 pm

SkyZer0 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:35 pm Has Geekdom even commented a word about his mistake?
He said on one of his videos 2 weeks ago that the latest he expects an announcement is on the 15th because on that day there is a meeting on toei or something like that, so maybe he's waiting for that?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun May 12, 2019 8:01 pm

SkyZer0 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:35 pm Has Geekdom even commented a word about his mistake?
Nope, not a word.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Wat mistake?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:26 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:18 pm Why doesn't some Toei official just make a non-vague announcement or something? They had to shoot down 3 accusations and there's clearly an online uproar that gets louder every time some hoax comes in. Plus people, or just Geekdom (Ajay already proved he had connections), are manipulating fans for youtube money and internet fame. Just give us a time frame. Soon, in the near future, anything could work. Just confirm/deconfirm it already.

Why Toei need to confirm something?

So far, they had denied plans for Super, so Toei likely doesn't plan Super for July.

This situation won't affect Toei or Super 2, since fans will still see this.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 13, 2019 5:54 am

Chuquita wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:39 pm They had such a huge advertising blitz for DBS: Broly though. Having little to no marketing for 2uper doesn't fit with that style.

This is all so strange.
I don't think it is strange at all. A movie needs marketing to get people to pay to watch it, with a new designer they probably had to market that film slightly more too. But a TV show where ratings don't matter kind of doesn't need that, plus DBS is still been marketed and plastered everywhere ahead of things that are currently on air even (take Bandai's Ichiban Kuji website for example) DBS is still in people's conscious. If it does return in July a light push in marketing doesn't seem so crazy to me.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon May 13, 2019 10:45 am

Konja7 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:26 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:18 pm Why doesn't some Toei official just make a non-vague announcement or something? They had to shoot down 3 accusations and there's clearly an online uproar that gets louder every time some hoax comes in. Plus people, or just Geekdom (Ajay already proved he had connections), are manipulating fans for youtube money and internet fame. Just give us a time frame. Soon, in the near future, anything could work. Just confirm/deconfirm it already.

So far, they had denied plans for Super, so Toei likely doesn't plan Super for July.

mfwlegend3 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:33 pm They’re under no obligation to “confirm” anything to anyone right now.

They've been keeping us on the edge of our seats long enough. And to make matters worse, people from twitter/youtube are claiming to have insider info so they can claim things that may or may not be true. At this point an official statement should be more than necessary.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Mon May 13, 2019 10:49 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:45 am

mfwlegend3 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:33 pm They’re under no obligation to “confirm” anything to anyone right now.

They've been keeping us on the edge of our seats long enough. And to make matters worse, people from twitter/youtube are claiming to have insider info so they can claim things that may or may not be true. At this point an official statement should be more than necessary.
So what you're saying is, Toei should abandon their entire marketing strategy because fans are impatient and also because some YouTubers from a foreign (to them) country spread some false rumors?
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon May 13, 2019 11:21 am

PremiumSalt wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:49 am

So what you're saying is, Toei should abandon their entire marketing strategy because fans are impatient and also because some YouTubers from a foreign (to them) country spread some false rumors?
You call this a marketing strategy? As far as we know, there's nothing pointing to Super 2.0 except for Ajay's sources who were wrong about the July date.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Mon May 13, 2019 11:27 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:21 am

You call this a marketing strategy? As far as we know, there's nothing pointing to Super 2.0 except for Ajay's sources who were wrong about the July date.
No, I'm saying their marketing hasn't started yet, they most likely have a specific timeframe they plan to begin marketing it, and to insist they need to abandon that because of some American YouTubers and your own impatience is frankly silly. And I get the frustration, I was frustrated for a couple days after Goku Day as well, but eventually I calmed down about it.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon May 13, 2019 11:57 am

PremiumSalt wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:27 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:21 am

No, I'm saying their marketing hasn't started yet, they most likely have a specific timeframe they plan to begin marketing it,
There's nothing to suggest that they do have any plans. Instead we have instances of them denying any claims of even working on Super at the moment.

PremiumSalt wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:49 am and to insist they need to abandon that because of some American YouTubers and your own impatience is frankly silly. And I get the frustration, I was frustrated for a couple days after Goku Day as well, but eventually I calmed down about it.
I'm positive I'm not the only person losing their patience, infact, I'm confident that there's at least a handful that are losing interest/given up hope after the 9th.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:20 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:57 amAs far as we know, there's nothing pointing to Super 2.0 except for Ajay's sources who were wrong about the July date.
There's nothing to suggest that they do have any plans.
Precisely why an announcement isn't warranted simply because you feel so.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:22 pm

Obviously Dragon Ball as weekly TV series is dead, but Dragon Ball Super is alive.

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Mon May 13, 2019 12:54 pm

They need extra time to make new design sheets for adult trunks and goten and Marron

and kid pan and bra, and designs for Uub