"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Tue May 14, 2019 10:57 am

Michsi wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:47 am Yeah, but if memory serves, One Piece was moved in the early- mid 2000's precisely to save ratings, because it wasn't doing that well in that time slot anymore. DB's ratings were usually smaller than One Piece's.
That was Sunday evenings, not Sat evenings. I find that speculation pretty weird cause anime doesn't air in that slot anymore. Unless they are going to suddenly start airing anime again or create a new slot just for Super(doubtful on that, but who even knows at this point.) it has nowhere to air as it stands right now. Or it will probably be a web series? But, lol a web Dragon Ball series also sounds weird.

Kitaro won't be ending anytime soon or changing slots btw, that much is confirmed.
Last edited by Saikyo no Senshi on Tue May 14, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue May 14, 2019 10:59 am

vashter wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:41 am Probably a late announcement like RE:Zero came in
Edit: are those report in good sign kinda of? Plus is that the full report?
The original Re:Zero was announced 9 months before it aired, and Season 2 has at least that same gap if not an entire year. I don't see what's late about that. If you're talking about the announcement towards the end of March it's pretty typical to announce anime at the start of a new cour, even the first season was announced in July.

SkyZer0

Post by SkyZer0 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:12 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:55 pm
SkyZer0 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:35 pm Has Geekdom even commented a word about his mistake?
Wat mistake?
what exactly has he been right about with all these dates so far? so far he's 0-2 maybe 0-3

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue May 14, 2019 11:17 am

SkyZer0 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:12 am
Wat mistake?
what exactly has he been right about with all these dates so far? so far he's 0-2 maybe 0-3
It'd be kinda awkward to apologize only to turn out to be right. I mean, what if it really does end up coming out in July?

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue May 14, 2019 11:24 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:17 am
Wat mistake?
It'd be kinda awkward to apologize only to turn out to be right. I mean, what if it really does end up coming out in July?
It'd be unrealistic at this point unless the late May date from that twitter account ended up being true.

Geekdom was still wrong about other things, has no proof of his sources and acts like an egomaniac. I don't really know why people trust him.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Tue May 14, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue May 14, 2019 11:26 am

Wat mistake?
1. "You'll apologized me in march" 2. it coming in April 3. "might be out late april early may (May 9th) so that 3... we only know word "July" we don't know more info after that I'm not including announce or teaser... ONLY person got ahead of Geek is Anime-JP twitter and I still don't know how reliable it is

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 14, 2019 11:57 am

Guess who needs to take a look at the calendar again? :lol:

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue May 14, 2019 11:59 am

Grimlock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:57 am Guess who needs to take a look at the calendar again? :lol:

I don't even know why you censor his name lol...
Edit: I wonder if he got a burner account in here somewhere pulling Kevin Durant moment

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue May 14, 2019 12:05 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:57 am Guess who needs to take a look at the calendar again? :lol:

As if Geekdom would publicly acknowledge making a mistake :lol:
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 14, 2019 12:09 pm

vashter wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:59 amI don't even know why you censor his name lol...
It's part of the joke, man...
PremiumSalt wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:05 pmAs if Geekdom would publicly acknowledge making a mistake :lol:
Of course he wouldn't. I'm still waiting for his acknowledgement about his purposeful mistake that he made in a Heroes matter a while ago (well, actually, I'm pretty sure whenever he talks about Heroes or any other video game he makes mistakes, but for that one he had been warned in advantage and still made the mistake nonetheless).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue May 14, 2019 12:30 pm

Wasn't Geekdom also wrong about Yamcha being in the ToP?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue May 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Lets say the announcement comes on may 21 like that animejp_tv said, geekdom will just pretend like thats "early" may.

Even Ajay apologized and said he didn't know whats going on, geekdom will just double down and throw tantrums if someone questions him

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Tue May 14, 2019 12:48 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:41 pm Lets say the announcement comes on may 21 like that animejp_tv said, geekdom will just pretend like thats "early" may.

Even Ajay apologized and said he didn't know whats going on, geekdom will just double down and throw tantrums if someone questions him
This, lets say it does get announced for V-jump this month or late May as that twitter account said like May 28th or something or other, he will indeed double down saying, "I told you so". Not even Ajay is doing that and if anything Ajay is the one who truly knows anything and he's already apologized so kudos go to him, Geekdom on the other hand will talk down anyone who doubted him while those who doubted Ajay will simply have more respect for him.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue May 14, 2019 12:58 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:48 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:41 pm Lets say the announcement comes on may 21 like that animejp_tv said, geekdom will just pretend like thats "early" may.

This, lets say it does get announced for V-jump this month or late May as that twitter account said like May 28th or something or other, he will indeed double down saying, "I told you so". Not even Ajay is doing that and if anything Ajay is the one who truly knows anything and he's already apologized so kudos go to him, Geekdom on the other hand will talk down anyone who doubted him while those who doubted Ajay will simply have more respect for him.
Eh I doubt it will show up in V-jump but we'll see this week if May 18th if early leak? someone in here mention it, Geek getting all the source from Ajay himself, obvs Danny is up in his ass it cool Ajay apologized which utmost respect, nobody is doubting them after only one word "july", we have 17 days left and I have yet not sure about Financial report from Toei if that really a full report or part of it.. I'm still waiting on answer on that,

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue May 14, 2019 2:22 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/GovetaXV?p=s

Is he legit? Normally I'm a bit skeptical but I heard his Heroes leaks were true.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Tue May 14, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:23 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:24 am

It'd be unrealistic at this point unless the late May date from that twitter account ended up being true.

Geekdom was still wrong about other things, has no proof of his sources and acts like an egomaniac. I don't really know why people trust him.
Very stupid. The ONLY thing he said was 100% is 2uper is July. You guys are getting too desperate to blame people. Geek never said that the announcements are 100% in May.

So i dont know what you’re talking about when you say he was wrong about other things when the 2 THINGS he said (2uper in July with Shintani style) haven’t been debunked.

And Ajay and Geek literally share sources. But i guess if you think Ajay is also wrong with no proof and Yonkou too who has been established to have inside sources, then you do you.

I’m finding this mental break down of this thread actually kinda entertaining.

Imo, u can start blaming people after 2uper in July is debunked.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue May 14, 2019 2:31 pm

Geekdom said "early may" , 15th may is middle of may so he's already wrong

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue May 14, 2019 2:47 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:23 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:24 am

Very stupid. The ONLY thing he said was 100% is 2uper is July. You guys are getting too desperate to blame people. Geek never said that the announcements are 100% in May.

So i dont know what you’re talking about when you say he was wrong about other things when the 2 THINGS he said (2uper in July with Shintani style) haven’t been debunked.

And Ajay and Geek literally share sources. But i guess if you think Ajay is also wrong with no proof and Yonkou too who has been established to have inside sources, then you do you.

I’m finding this mental break down of this thread actually kinda entertaining.

Imo, u can start blaming people after 2uper in July is debunked.
He actually did say announcement in late April and early May as the Twitter showed. He even went as far as to say people would apologized to him in May. So......he sorta asked to be mocked.

Also, Ajay freely admitted that he was wrong in this very thread. So even Ajay really don't believes his own sources anymore.
Last edited by HeroR on Tue May 14, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Tue May 14, 2019 2:51 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:22 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/GovetaXV?p=s

Is he legit? Normally I'm a bit skeptical but I heard his Heroes leaks were true.
Seems full of BS. His ramblings about manga sales, animation and storyboard are completely off the mark.

It's funny how we're getting to this point where so many people claim to have inside sources..

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue May 14, 2019 3:16 pm

Araki wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:51 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:22 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/GovetaXV?p=s

Seems full of BS. His ramblings about manga sales, animation and storyboard are completely off the mark.

It's funny how we're getting to this point where so many people claim to have inside sources..
I see.

I noticed that too. Hopefully this inspires people to be less trusting with youtubers and random popular twitter accounts.