"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:44 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:08 am Just today I saw people insinuating that toei hasn't announced super cause its return was leaked by youtubers and fans constantly spamming their social media with calls to bring back super cause clearly toei would sabotage their own financial health and marketing of their #1 moneymaker because of that
I honestly believe that Toei hasn't announced it's return yet because they were planning on suprising people but certain Youtubers and Twitter accounts has ruined the surprise by giving dates so Toei is probably waiting for to everyone loses hope and then announce to surprise everyone.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:21 pm

Yes, because Toei would definitely care about what some English speaking Youtubers speculate on when a presumed second season of Super in the making that will maybe kinda sorta probably hopefully get announced.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun May 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Konja7 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:44 am As far as I know, Ajay hasn't say the show would be announced in July.

Ajay has apologized because his sources say the show will be aired in July (which seems extremely unlikely know). In fact, his sources shouldn't know when the show will be announced.

It is more likely that some plans have changed for Super 2 and its start has been delayed.

I say this in case there is not an announcement in July, because Ajay has not said anything about it.
I was sure there was a tweet saying he misunderstood what he was told, but all I can find is the one that says nobody knows what's going on. Maybe I confused it for something else.

Either way, the argument that "you can't even admit they were wrong" is total bullshit, which was my point.

JoeCapricorn
Beyond Newbie

Post by JoeCapricorn » Sun May 19, 2019 2:03 pm

I'm going to just check this thread.

Because when there is an announcement, the number of pages of this thread will jump dramatically.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun May 19, 2019 2:19 pm

I think geekdom should apologize, even if for some miracle we get a new series in july, that doesn't mean he cant be humble now.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun May 19, 2019 3:20 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:57 pm Either way, the argument that "you can't even admit they were wrong" is total bullshit, which was my point.

But it's true though. People won't even blame them for not being thorough with their sources. They both frequently checked with them (weren't there 30 between the two of them?) and had until Goku day to clarify yet they didn't. Geekdom's fans vehemently defending everything they've done regarding 2.0 and claiming they can do no wrong is my entire point.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Sun May 19, 2019 4:20 pm

Geekdom will soon get whats coming to him. Don't worry :thumbup:

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:57 pmI was sure there was a tweet saying he misunderstood what he was told, but all I can find is the one that says nobody knows what's going on. Maybe I confused it for something else.

Either way, the argument that "you can't even admit they were wrong" is total bullshit, which was my point.
Yeah. Ajay and Geekdom never say they misunderstood their sources.

Some fans has theorized they mistraslated their sources. However, this theory is extremely unlikely, since Ajay and Geekdom sources shouldn't know when Super would be announced.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun May 19, 2019 10:15 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:20 pm But it's true though. People won't even blame them for not being thorough with their sources. They both frequently checked with them (weren't there 30 between the two of them?) and had until Goku day to clarify yet they didn't. Geekdom's fans vehemently defending everything they've done regarding 2.0 and claiming they can do no wrong is my entire point.
Because that's what they thought was true, how are you not getting this? This stupid manufactroversy over something two months from now is ridiculous, and you're acting like they need to be brought to fucking justice over something that isn't even confirmed to not be happening. The initial piece of solid information which is "well see something about Super 2.0" can and likely is still true, any extrapolations of whether it was the show or the announcement, and whether the former means it would have it's announcement earlier was just a prediction extrapolated from that. Whining like a bunch of babies just because it didn't turn out to be the case is far worse than making a simple mistake when predicting something, if you ask me.

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Sun May 19, 2019 10:53 pm

To be completely fair, you had Geekdom going out of his way to mock Toei when they said that Super 2.0 was not in production on Twitter. Kinda unnecessary. Even if you have some insider knowledge, it's kinda dumb to go and provoke the company making the product you want to consume.
Still, assuming that the whole July thing was not misinformation, it is kinda weird for nothing to be showing up given how much everyone's been saying that marketing stuff should be out for a while before the series air.

Unlike the guy quoted, I'm not really upset about any of this. It just feels weird how this whole story's been progressing so far. I wonder what is going on.
Also, they still need to address Gegege no Kitarou whenever DBS comes back since it took that time slot.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun May 19, 2019 11:45 pm

The guy above me is co-freaking-rect. It isn't just about Super 2.0. Something this guy
Shaddy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:15 pm Because that's what they thought was true, how are you not getting this?
just doesn't get.

Geekdom acted like an ego maniac and has less than less than 2 weeks until his "you'll apologize to me in May" becomes laughable yet his fans still defend them. I don't even think he's addressed it, yet.
Which is my whole point? Why admire a guy and fight tooth and nail for him when he doesn't deserve it? At least Ajay addressed it and proved his credibility.

Akamay wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:53 pm To be completely fair, you had Geekdom going out of his way to mock Toei when they said that Super 2.0 was not in production on Twitter. Kinda unnecessary. Even if you have some insider knowledge, it's kinda dumb to go and provoke the company making the product you want to consume.
I didn't want to quote you because I'm on my phone and it's annoying, but screw it. I like you. You listen.

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:16 am

Shaddy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:15 pmBecause that's what they thought was true, how are you not getting this? This stupid manufactroversy over something two months from now is ridiculous, and you're acting like they need to be brought to fucking justice over something that isn't even confirmed to not be happening. The initial piece of solid information which is "well see something about Super 2.0" can and likely is still true, any extrapolations of whether it was the show or the announcement, and whether the former means it would have it's announcement earlier was just a prediction extrapolated from that. Whining like a bunch of babies just because it didn't turn out to be the case is far worse than making a simple mistake when predicting something, if you ask me.
Again. They don't say "well see something about Super 2.0".

Ajay and Geekdom said their sources told them that Super 2.0 would start in July. And they have never they misunderstood their words.

Now, it is extremely unlikely Super 2.0 start in July (Toei would have already announced this). So, they were wrong. Although it isn't really their fault, since plans likely change.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:45 pm The guy above me is co-freaking-rect. It isn't just about Super 2.0. Something this guy just doesn't get.

Geekdom acted like an ego maniac and has less than less than 2 weeks until his "you'll apologize to me in May" becomes laughable yet his fans still defend them. I don't even think he's addressed it, yet.
Which is my whole point? Why admire a guy and fight tooth and nail for him when he doesn't deserve it? At least Ajay addressed it and proved his credibility.
You know talking past me just makes you look condescending right? I don't fucking care whether geekdom has been nice to you, that's not what I'm talking about here. You weren't getting upset about the way they were acting, you were angry that they were wrong and everyone else wasn't being reactionary enough.

Moreover, "proved credibility" means nothing when we still haven't actually reached July yet. Again, something related to Super still could and very likely is happening in July. There's been nothing lost here except a bunch of my time. You're making insane absolutist statements to justify outrage over something you are in no place to actually deny. Why the hell should anyone listen to you over trusted community members that have predicted stuff in the past and been right, just because extraneous details they weren't pretending were 100% factual were incorrect, or because geekdom offended your delicate sensibilities?

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Mon May 20, 2019 6:44 am

Shaddy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:45 pm The guy above me is co-freaking-rect. It isn't just about Super 2.0. Something this guy just doesn't get.

You know talking past me just makes you look condescending right? I don't fucking care whether geekdom has been nice to you, that's not what I'm talking about here. You weren't getting upset about the way they were acting, you were angry that they were wrong and everyone else wasn't being reactionary enough.

Moreover, "proved credibility" means nothing when we still haven't actually reached July yet. Again, something related to Super still could and very likely is happening in July. There's been nothing lost here except a bunch of my time. You're making insane absolutist statements to justify outrage over something you are in no place to actually deny. Why the hell should anyone listen to you over trusted community members that have predicted stuff in the past and been right, just because extraneous details they weren't pretending were 100% factual were incorrect, or because geekdom offended your delicate sensibilities?
I'd say he's been pretty sensible but it seems that you're snapping like crazy at him. You talk of being reactionary yet here you are with your reaction, freaking out and cursing over someone reasonably criticizing these claims that have been made. Take it down a notch.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon May 20, 2019 9:51 am

Ajay wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:18 am I don't have anything to say, really. I'm as upset and confused as you all are. I even reached out once again just the other day to be sure, and was once again told definitively July. Heck, they even spoke about the damn character sheets. I don't understand, but at this point, all I can do is apologise for reporting on what appears to be untrue. I cannot fathom a marketing plan that would announce anything later than today, so all my expectations are dead.

I just don't get why 1. Toei told licencors to prepare to April, and then nothing happened, and why 2. 15 different independent people working at a Toei branch would all say July, and for nothing to be announced at this point. These are people I verified work where they work! They even gave me genga from Dragon Ball Super Broly!

You're under no obligation to show me any sympathy, and I certainly wouldn't blame you if you chose not to listen to any news I talk about in the future. If I were in your position, I probably wouldn't either.

I'm not here to mislead anyone for clicks, attention, or whatever sinister excuse you can think of. I'm first and foremost a Dragon Ball fan, and wanted to share the excitement for a new series I was told definitively was coming. So once again, I can only apologise.

Not sure if the PM system on the forums is broken, but check your inbox lad.

Anyways, It seems I'm late to the party, apologies if I'm not fully caught up as I'm going through so many pages (up to page 39 where this comment from Ajay was posted). I don't usually come on as frequently anymore due to many in the community that make it an unenjoyable.
There is so much aggression nowadays to people who have a different opinion than you (on art style etc) and using social media to shame animators who've worked on DB that I just can't be bothered to interact. This new generation and new ways to communicate online, for me, is destroying DragonBall. It's a shame because when you think back to the good ol days of DBZ (if you were even around), the fans were always incredibly hyped. There wasn't really any YT videos that could cause confusion/hate, there wasn't several online media threads or social networks where one person's opinion seems to be taken to a level far beyond by others in the community, citing it as the only fact. People enjoyed DB and had more respect for those who worked on it despite any disagreements with writing choice or art style. People are going crazy over a series that hasn't officially been announced yet. However, I myself am not as hyped as i normally would be/should be simply because of the changes of the fandom (and to an extent, the ability for people to have access to a public tool that's being used in ways it shouldn't, IE: Shida's personal twitter being bombarded by nonsense...again). Anyways, before i ramble on with my thoughts on that let me get to this particular issue I see happening here...

As for the situation of an announcement, I do not believe you should be apologizing for everything on this particular issue, Ajay. Marketing is done is so many different ways, trust me i know, and it's really not too outrageous to think there wasn't any confusion between the animators along the way. As i see it, I believe a July date that was mentioned could be the announcement date, not the series start date. If we get an announcement at the end of May though for some weird reason, I'll be surprised. That would be a very odd choice of date to announce a new series that would start in July therefore I'm not too sure it will happen (though with Toei and their choice of marketing tactics, who knows). Your sources confirmed it's in the works, which I don't think is a lie. Although, I think Toei want to avoid such open talks of it until they fully announce it themselves. With so many people talking about it online, I'm not surprised Toei have been trying to tone it down. If the original announcement date was supposed to be for July (for example), then having some people use the Internet (as i mentioned in my first paragraph) to spread conflicting information that is subject to change can have the effects we are seeing. When this "confirmed" info doesn't come to pass it causes outrage, and we're seeing that front and center. This is why Toei have been trying to brush off the notion it's returning until they formally announce it because they know the confusion that it would cause. I think what everyone should do is simply be patient and wait for them to announce it. Going crazy over such a thing is seriously not worth it. All you are doing is stressing yourselves and there is no need to. If they somehow announce it late May, then okay (though would be odd). If not, we only can wait and see what happens. Things like this are subject to change based on what transpires around it. While i don't think any YT'er or Social media poster w.e should have went overboard on the information that was given, I don't think it's appropriate to give someone like Ajay hell over it either based on his statements (for some others, i think some frustration is warranted but nothing too crazy). Some people I've seen online recently have just let this thing go to their head a bit too much by xfering their anger to things like DB Heroes, the staff who work on DB, Toyotaro (??) and other fans. They want to feel angry at something so they take it out on one of the things mentioned above, when they really shouldn't.

Be patient lads and focus on more important things. For me personally, with so much I'm going through at the moment, i don't have the time or mental patience to deal with some of the people in the DB community. I do come on once in a while to check some things, watch a Heroes episode, the manga etc but other than that, not so much. When the series finally gets announced, I'll probably pop back in a bit more often to keep up with updates, etc but until then... mata ne!

P.S- As i mentioned, I haven't really gotten past every page of the thread since I have a lot of catching up it seems, so if some of the anger/confusion I'm seeing in these earlier pages has died down...that's great lol.

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Akamay » Mon May 20, 2019 2:19 pm

DainIronfoot wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:51 am -snip-
Considering that Ajay's sources were confirmed several times and they gave no reasons for anyone to doubt them, a lot of people jumped into the hype train. When the announcement did not come, they aimed their frustrations towards the messengers of the info.
With the times for any possible announcements passing without any new information, people feel like they've been lied to.
It really does not help that you have people like Geekdom acting like they cannot be wrong and their fans being quite toxic in social medias sometimes.

I agree with your position of being patient and waiting for official news. I am, however, curious about why things have been progressing the way they had right now.
Things such as why Toei outright denied having DBS in production rather than being vague about it, Gegege no Kitarou having episodes scheduled to air around the time DBS is supposed to return, etc.

I think it's fair to look at this and be confused about what's been going on. But, the moment people start attacking Ajay, Geekdom, Yonkou, the animators and other people because an announcement did not happen when they wanted it to........yeah, that is going too far.

Asking them why they think things did not go as they thought it would is ok, telling them that they are liars and that they should apologize is taking it too far.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Mon May 20, 2019 2:48 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:44 am I'd say he's been pretty sensible but it seems that you're snapping like crazy at him. You talk of being reactionary yet here you are with your reaction, freaking out and cursing over someone reasonably criticizing these claims that have been made. Take it down a notch.
Pulling a "no u" isn't much of an argument here. You're conflating my choice of language with another's choice of action. Going into a moral panic just because some Twitter guys made a wrong extraneous prediction about a TV show that still might be shown at their projected date isn't really equal to just having a generally ornery typing style when telling those people that they're overreacting.

I will concede that "reactionary" is usually a political term and thus not really applicable here though, I should have just said "overreacting".

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon May 20, 2019 3:12 pm

Just goes to show you. If it ain't from authority [TOEI] you shouldn't take it as Gospel. "Muh Sources" being correct in the past does not mean verity all the time.

Bottom line, wait for true official sources.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon May 20, 2019 3:41 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 am You know talking past me just makes you look condescending right?
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

Shaddy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 am I don't fucking care whether geekdom has been nice to you, that's not what I'm talking about here. You weren't getting upset about the way they were acting, you were angry that they were wrong and everyone else wasn't being reactionary enough.
Which is why I stated that it wasn't just about his claims. What I want to know is why would people still stick with him when he acts like an arrogant ass saying we'd apologize to him during May and then hiding when May is half over.

Shaddy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 am Moreover, "proved credibility" means nothing when we still haven't actually reached July yet. Again, something related to Super still could and very likely is happening in July.
Ajay confirmed that a release date for July would seem highly unlikely if an announcement date happened any later than Goku day. And if they actually do go with that translation error BS then you would have proven me right about getting angry over them not being thorough enough with their gazillion sources. Bravo.
Shaddy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 am There's been nothing lost here except a bunch of my time.
This is a total you problem. You chose to reply, you chose to get angry and you chose to persist. The only one to blame for your loss of time is yourself.
Shaddy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 am Why the hell should anyone listen to you over trusted community members that have predicted stuff in the past and been right,
I don't know if I've made it clear enough, but I barely had any idea of who he was until this news about 2.0 came up. This would be my first instance of seeing these trusted community members into play and so far I'm not seeing it with Geekdom. Just to see how this ends, I'll play your little game for a while and see if anything actually happens in May. Hell, for the sake of being a good sport I'll check in during July, too. The clock is still ticking for May though. Tick tock tick tock.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Mon May 20, 2019 5:00 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:41 pm I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:41 pmThis is a total you problem. You chose to reply, you chose to get angry and you chose to persist. The only one to blame for your loss of time is yourself.
Funny how the guy hypocritically crying about how a source was maybe incorrect while also saying we shouldn't have taken them seriously in the first place is the one now accusing his detractors of being overly emotional. Get over yourself.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:41 pmWhich is why I stated that it wasn't just about his claims. What I want to know is why would people still stick with him when he acts like an arrogant ass saying we'd apologize to him during May and then hiding when May is half over.
No, actually you weren't talking about that. You were angry that the prediction was wrong. This is where you've moved the goalposts to in an attempt to dissuade criticism. You even say so just below:
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:41 pmAjay confirmed that a release date for July would seem highly unlikely if an announcement date happened any later than Goku day. And if they actually do go with that translation error BS then you would have proven me right about getting angry over them not being thorough enough with their gazillion sources. Bravo.
Except you're still putting up the fuckwit defense of forgetting actual humans can make mistakes? You're presenting a complete catch 22 here, are you trying to make a game out of this? Super is either announced in July which makes them wrong for interpreting it, or it's not which makes them evil liars. That's not giving anyone a fair rep.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:41 pmI don't know if I've made it clear enough, but I barely had any idea of who he was until this news about 2.0 came up. This would be my first instance of seeing these trusted community members into play and so far I'm not seeing it with Geekdom. Just to see how this ends, I'll play your little game for a while and see if anything actually happens in May. Hell, for the sake of being a good sport I'll check in during July, too. The clock is still ticking for May though. Tick tock tick tock.
Oh, you literally are considering this a game. So, you're not actually arguing in good faith at all. Fine, no idea why the hell I put up with your shit for this long, have a nice day.