"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Thu May 23, 2019 1:00 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:49 pm I didnt know both Ajay and Geekdom were going through some harsh times, Ajay was already good in my book because he already apologized, I just wanted Geekdom to acknowledge the situation but i guess he has bigger problems to worry about, I just hope is nothing too serious.
He's been saying on Twitter that he has to get surgery for some reason & that he's looking into other treatments for whatever he's got if I recall correctly. Damn, man.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu May 23, 2019 1:08 pm

I wonder if Toriyama is helping Toyotaro with the Moro arc? The things happening in the manga seems to be more Toyotaro to me, coming from a doujin collector but you never know. In any case, perhaps Toriyama is working on something different than Moro with Toei. I think they shown a slight bit of an annoyance with the whole anime/manga thing doing the same arcs in different ways. I’m not so sure that the Moro arc will be in the anime when it returns. If it is, then they may be waiting for Toyotaro to wrap up an arc or two to make it seem like the anime is following the manga traditionally.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu May 23, 2019 1:30 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:17 am
Michsi wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:22 amI gotta agree, seems awfully harsh for what appears to have been just an honest mistake.
Conversely, it seems to be awfully terrible to be so pompous and adamantly say "you all gonna be apologizing me in May" among other things that was said. It's one thing you predict/expect/hope/speculate something and turn to be wrong, all in good faith, this is an honest mistake. But it's another thing entirely you present something as if it was a fact and that "fact" doesn't happen. So you see, it's how you behave, how you present something.
To be honest I was mostly referring to Ajay here since he seems to be lumped in a lot of the times. I don't follow Geekdom so I don't about that statement or the context in which it was said, but I suppose it's true that conceitedness could rub a lot of folks the wrong way.

Technically, May isn't over yet so maybe they're just hoping that something WILL be announced before the month is done, and if not, they'll address it then.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu May 23, 2019 1:55 pm

I think at this point we should wait until Toei Announces it either @ Comic Con or Jump Victory Carnival (Which should also reveal the next Saga after the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc)

I think what the studio wants to do now is follow and stick to the manga rather than adapting their own version of Toriyama's drafts (It'd be less confusion which is better)

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu May 23, 2019 1:58 pm

Xeztin wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:08 pm I wonder if Toriyama is helping Toyotaro with the Moro arc? The things happening in the manga seems to be more Toyotaro to me, coming from a doujin collector but you never know. In any case, perhaps Toriyama is working on something different than Moro with Toei. I think they shown a slight bit of an annoyance with the whole anime/manga thing doing the same arcs in different ways. I’m not so sure that the Moro arc will be in the anime when it returns. If it is, then they may be waiting for Toyotaro to wrap up an arc or two to make it seem like the anime is following the manga traditionally.
I can't remember where I saw this but recently Nozawa (Voice of Goku) said that she really wanted to get on Toriyama's Next Project and he himself hinted at this 'Project' before at Jump Festa (I think it's DBS related) Geekdom once took to twitter to say that a rumor was floating around that the next arc after the current one in the manga would be "Super Fanservice"

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu May 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu May 23, 2019 3:57 pm

Wow, a lot of bias going on here. It's desperation/wishful thinking from one side who is posting any supposed link that says Super is going to be a revealed according to their "Japanese sources." On the other side we have people trying to protect you tubers rep due to their inaccuracy, Then we even got the "lolol TOEI is LYING, PR cover up BROZ" going on here. Well guess what, TOEI stated nothing was in play right now, so far, they are right, others were wrong about any current announcement.

Isn't it about time we stop going by feelings and take what authority actually says now?
Last edited by Miracles on Thu May 23, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 23, 2019 4:06 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:49 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:39 pm This is the part of cyber bullying where all you have to do is close your computer. Unless you've naively sent out some of your personal info then they really can't hurt you.
is clearly not something you have any knowledge or familiarity with
Of course not. I don't give internet trolls enough info on my personal life for them to harass me with.
VegettoEX wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:49 pm I don't know what else to do other than ask that you please recuse yourself from any further conversation on the matter. You're simply that far off-base here that it's dangerously wrong to even remotely allow someone to parrot.
A little melodramatic, don't you think?

And again, nothing bad is going to happen to Geekdom and Ajay if their info turns out to be incorrect all you. A handful of people are going to call them liars and then get over it.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 23, 2019 4:40 pm

vashter wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:52 am https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1 ... 0583751680 saw this a min ago.
Yeah, right? And it is already mocked by people in comments.
Looks like the bathtub was flushed out with the baby still inside.
People are getting angry fast nowadays.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu May 23, 2019 5:10 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:40 pm
vashter wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:52 am https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1 ... 0583751680 saw this a min ago.
Yeah, right? And it is already mocked by people in comments.
Looks like the bathtub was flushed out with the baby still inside.
People are getting angry fast nowadays.
You are couple hours behidn and shit already been stir up if you haven't read it in there.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu May 23, 2019 6:46 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:39 pm This is the part of cyber bullying where all you have to do is close your computer. Unless you've naively sent out some of your personal info then they really can't hurt you.
I'm sorry, but you are the one who is being absolutely naive. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me?" You don't know jack about the underlying issues of the modern generation and society. There are studies and interviews with countless people about this issue. It's REAL.

Just because you don't experience it, doesn't mean others don't. I've never been targeted for hate crimes, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Cyberbullying doesn't just happen on Twitter - it happens on almost every platform, all messaging apps, on private communications.

"You ruined a perfectly good franchise" "You should never work in this industry ever again" "You're a liar and only using fans for clickbaits and views" "Your opinions are shit and there must be something wrong with you as a human being"

This is the barebones on what's readily seen on public. Imagine what goes on privately, what kind of shit ppl like Ajay and Geekdom get sent to their inbox. Now, it's not the end of the world when Super 2.0 doesn't premiere on July. I personally never believed it either since Jump Festa and since Toei outright denied it, nor do I believe Toriyama's next project is something DB-related. But undoubtdely they are going to get called liars. How would you feel if you started getting called a liar in a platform where a lot of your friends and fans are? If you can't relate, then I can't help you any further.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:09 pm

Rakurai wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:46 pmI'm sorry, but you are the one who is being absolutely naive. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me?" You don't know jack about the underlying issues of the modern generation and society. There are studies and interviews with countless people about this issue. It's REAL.

Just because you don't experience it, doesn't mean others don't. I've never been targeted for hate crimes, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Cyberbullying doesn't just happen on Twitter - it happens on almost every platform, all messaging apps, on private communications.

"You ruined a perfectly good franchise" "You should never work in this industry ever again" "You're a liar and only using fans for clickbaits and views" "Your opinions are shit and there must be something wrong with you as a human being"

This is the barebones on what's readily seen on public. Imagine what goes on privately, what kind of shit ppl like Ajay and Geekdom get sent to their inbox. Now, it's not the end of the world when Super 2.0 doesn't premiere on July. I personally never believed it either since Jump Festa and since Toei outright denied it, nor do I believe Toriyama's next project is something DB-related. But undoubtdely they are going to get called liars. How would you feel if you started getting called a liar in a platform where a lot of your friends and fans are? If you can't relate, then I can't help you any further.
Cyberbullying is really serious if it reaches the levels of looking for the true identity of a person and they start slandering or harassing that person. Or hack accounts.

However, if the biggest problem is the insults and criticism that you put. That is something that anyone who gets into this media has to learn to deal.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 23, 2019 10:17 pm

I am really hoping that the series was delayed until October now. Not only would that give the series more time for production it would also provide more opportunity for production to end on Stampede and other projects.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:38 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:17 pm I am really hoping that the series was delayed until October now. Not only would that give the series more time for production it would also provide more opportunity for production to end on Stampede and other projects.
A delay doesn't mean the production will be better. There are many reasons why a delay could happen (not necessarilly more work for the quality).

As I mentioned, Sailor Moon Crystal was delayed a year, but the animation quality wasn't good at the end.

Super won't suffer the situation of Crystal. However, you shouldn't think a delay will necessarily translate in good quality.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 23, 2019 11:32 pm

Konja7 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:38 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:17 pm I am really hoping that the series was delayed until October now. Not only would that give the series more time for production it would also provide more opportunity for production to end on Stampede and other projects.
A delay doesn't mean the production will be better. There are many reasons why a delay could happen (not necessarilly more work for the quality).

As I mentioned, Sailor Moon Crystal was delayed a year, but the animation quality wasn't good at the end.

Super won't suffer the situation of Crystal. However, you shouldn't think a delay will necessarily translate in good quality.
Considering that I was implying that I thought this delay was based on a decision to bolster quality...uh...I'd say this was a nice turn of events.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 23, 2019 11:35 pm

Rakurai wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:46 pm
I'm sorry, but you are the one who is being absolutely naive. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me?" You don't know jack about the underlying issues of the modern generation and society. There are studies and interviews with countless people about this issue. It's REAL.

Konja7 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:09 pm However, if the biggest problem is the insults and criticism that you put. That is something that anyone who gets into this media has to learn to deal.
I couldn't have said it any better.

If dealing with the social media is apart of your profession and you can't handle or ignore hate post then the job isn't really for you.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri May 24, 2019 2:30 am

It's been a while since I've checked this thread. These were the possible announcement dates I recall:

Jump Festa
DBS: Broly screening
30th Anniversary
Goku/Piccolo Day

I might've missed a few. I personally wasn't looking forward to a new anime and was hoping there would be a movie instead. Is it possible there was some miscommunication between the Youtubers and their sources and it was actually about a movie being announced in July?

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Fri May 24, 2019 6:27 am

Folks saying people should just "deal with It" regarding personal attacks on social media really lack empathy. Being shamed and blamed constantly is never "part of the job". Normalizing this toxic behavior is really dangerous.

Hacking and phishing are surely worse and cause direct harm, but hearing negative stuff about yourself all the time everyday does a number on your head.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 24, 2019 6:39 am

Again, as I've directly stated, the harassment I was talking about was not from the audience toward the "performer" (for lack of a better word), but the other way around. Using status/prominence/visibility to bully, directly target, and send followers toward a random, miscellaneous, whatever audience member is never acceptable, and if that's happening, that's repugnant.

As someone in a prominent role, you of course have to accept the fact that negativity will come your way, irrespective of what you even say sometimes. Being able to deal with that as an adult, in a mindful way, and acting as a role model is part of the job. Again, as I've also already said, part of the job is the consistency of your own information (if you choose to act in any kind of journalistic way) as well as your personality/response/demeanor in all respects with all feedback.

And again again again, much of this is beyond the scope of the conversation here, but we're simply not going to sit here and let "lulz cyberbullying doesn't exist" fly. That's wrong and you're wrong, end of line.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:09 am

FlpShimizu wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:27 am Folks saying people should just "deal with It" regarding personal attacks on social media really lack empathy. Being shamed and blamed constantly is never "part of the job". Normalizing this toxic behavior is really dangerous.

Hacking and phishing are surely worse and cause direct harm, but hearing negative stuff about yourself all the time everyday does a number on your head.
Trust me, I know how hearing negative stuff about yourself all the time everyday does a number on your head.

Receiving criticism from anonymous people will always be part of their work in this medium. Unfortunately, insults and attacks are part of that too.

However, anonymity also benefits Geekdom and Ajay at some level, since these aren't real identities. While their real identities aren't compromised, close the computer is still an option.

VegettoEX wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:39 amAnd again again again, much of this is beyond the scope of the conversation here, but we're simply not going to sit here and let "lulz cyberbullying doesn't exist" fly. That's wrong and you're wrong, end of line.
True. Cyberbullying exists. That shouldn't be a debate.